Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K13 Wii U screenshot, featuring Derrick Rose. The game and the new Wii U console hits store shelves this Sunday.

Wii U Launch Title™ – As a launch title to Nintendo’s new Wii U, NBA 2K13 will be the first choice for basketball fans on the new console.

A JAY Z Production - NBA 2K13 is produced by multi-platinum recording artist and hip-hop mogul JAY Z.

USA Basketball – Finally answer the question: Who would win a head-to-head duel between the 1992 Dream Team and the 2012 squad?

MyCAREER Mode – Build your MyPLAYER by giving him signature skills, and acquire your very own custom animations using Virtual Currency (VC). Includes all-new GM sit-down feature, new endorsement paths, improved in-game AI, and all-new swag including casual clothing, equipment, custom shoes and much more

NBA 2K “MyTEAM” – Collect players, uniforms, arenas and boosts to put together your own team. Track the talent marketplace that fluctuates based on real-life performance, and then take your team online to play against other players’ MyTEAMS in a new tiered matchmaking system.

Improved Gameplay - features, including such innovations as:
  • The Control Stick: For the first time ever, all dribble moves have been mapped to the right analog stick, as well as shooting, passing, and post moves. String together devastating crossovers and clutch shots for maximum control and effectiveness.
  • Dynamic Shot Generator: Shots are now dynamically created on the fly, with all-new collision physics created in real-time.
  • Signature Skills: Each player has unique abilities that can alter the course of a game. Players are modeled to impact the game in their own unique way, from Derrick Rose as a “Floor General” to Kevin Durant being “The Closer.” Learn to use each player’s unique ability and change the game on your terms.
  • Revamped Passing System: Improved fast break passing gives players more control. Fire a bounce pass to a cutting teammate or go “Lob City” in transition.
Shoe Creator - One of the most flexible interfaces ever allow the user to customize up to 45 shoe components and layers from the ground up. Create original shoes from all the major shoe brands and deck your player out with his own signature creation.

Classic Teams – The best teams in NBA history are back, and can now be taken online. Challenge your friends with squads such as the ’96 Bulls and ’65 Celtics.

Gatorade Biometric Scan – Think you have a feel for how your player is performing? Think again. The Gatorade Biometrics display provides an up-to-the-second look at your player’s mood and fatigue level in the game. A persistent “heartbeat” and dynamic hot/cold zones will keep you in tune with your player’s psyche as the game progresses.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Phreezy P @ 11/16/12 11:08 AM
I don't know why Nintendo always takes the route of weak systems and family entertainment. They can't make it a strong system and appease families? In that picture, their shorts aren't even moving like they do on REAL consoles. The WiiU is worse than most gaming PCs.

# 2 ultralow36 @ 11/16/12 11:13 AM
so is the ps3,xbox360.....so what is your point...

# 3 Phreezy P @ 11/16/12 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
so is the ps3,xbox360.....so what is your point...
What are you talking about, the fact that the Wii U doesn't have the power that most gaming PCs have? The WiiU is supposed to be a Next Gen console, 360 and PS3 are the current gen. Wii U is even below current graphics. And I'm pretty sure there *aren't any gaming PC's more powerful than the next XBox and PS4.

# 4 bigsmallwood @ 11/16/12 11:28 AM
Wii U is a brand new system and must not be judged on launch titles where they did not fully begin to take advantage of and understand the hardware just yet..

# 5 Pared @ 11/16/12 11:44 AM
Maybe the shorts aren't moving because it is a picture.

Seriously though, let's keep the comments on the game. The console has nothing to do with it. I'm sure there will be people buying it. I'm curious as to how the controls translate on that mammoth controller and how well it will play in the controller's screen.

# 6 mike24forever @ 11/16/12 12:51 PM
...and with that Pared, I have to clean the coffee off of my iPad screen. Lmao. I

# 7 bghost @ 11/16/12 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
What are you talking about, the fact that the Wii U doesn't have the power that most gaming PCs have? The WiiU is supposed to be a Next Gen console, 360 and PS3 are the current gen. Wii U is even below current graphics. And I'm pretty sure there won't be any gaming PC's more powerful than the next XBox and PS4.

# 8 Leo_95 @ 11/16/12 01:34 PM
PC Gaming will always be in front of console gaming in graphics. The discovered technology is the same, but the console has a standard hardware for everyone, while PCs can go way over the top. People develop insanely fast devices for PCs.

# 9 I Djm @ 11/16/12 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_95
PC Gaming will always be in front of console gaming in graphics. The discovered technology is the same, but the console has a standard hardware for everyone, while PCs can go way over the top. People develop insanely fast devices for PCs.
pretty much this

# 10 Phreezy P @ 11/16/12 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Maybe the shorts aren't moving because it is a picture.
You can tell they won't move in gameplay because of how round the shorts appear and they don't sit properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_95
Generally, PC's won't be more powerful until a few months after the next gen consoles are released.

# 11 Goffs @ 11/16/12 01:59 PM
Quote:
And I'm pretty sure there won't be any gaming PC's more powerful than the next XBox and PS4.
Oh boy....

Once the next Xbox and PS4 comes out you think the PC will just stop pushing their limits? Nvidia and ATI will be pushing even more powerful cards and will make the next gen consoles obsolete in a couple of months.

OT: My brother will be getting the WiiU and I think he will be getting 2k with that zombie game. Should be a fun weekend at his place.

# 12 Phreezy P @ 11/16/12 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Oh boy....

Once the next Xbox and PS4 comes out you think the PC will just stop pushing their limits? Nvidia and ATI will be pushing even more powerful cards and will make the next gen consoles obsolete in a couple of months.

OT: My brother will be getting the WiiU and I think he will be getting 2k with that zombie game. Should be a fun weekend at his place.
Did you even read my last post?

# 13 Goffs @ 11/16/12 02:18 PM
Posted the same time but I'm going to say that there will be nothing next gen about the next consoles. Their idea of next gen will be anti aliasing.

# 14 bigsmallwood @ 11/16/12 05:13 PM
I think NBA 2K13 will be a gem for Wii U...moving shorts and all...cannot wait to get my hands on it Sunday morning

# 15 MarvinOida @ 11/16/12 06:09 PM
Quote:
Generally, PC's won't be more powerful until a few months after the next gen consoles are released.
Now, do you think next gen consoles will have 3.4 maybe even 4 GHz Quad or even more Core processors with 6 to 8 GB of RAM and like have GTA IV Realism Mod Graphics? (ex. iCEnhancer.) No. That's not gonna happen until the Gen after that. PC WILL ALWAYS be 1 generation ahead in Speed, Graphics, etc. since there's at least 1 newly created PC everyday. Oppose to a new console released everyday.

Also, lets not judge Graphics yet until 5 years of life and/or 3 years of competition with MS/Sony. You think CoD 2 on 360 looked like Black Ops II or Madden 06 looked like Madden 13? No, just wait til the console is already a year old then judge.

On Topic: games looks nice but I wonder like Pared on how the game controls.... Would I have to buy a Pro Controller to play without weirdness or what? I also hope there's some roster makers who will also work with 2K on Nintendo. Not getting now since I got 360, but 2K14 and Wii U gets me wondering....

# 16 Gramps91 @ 11/16/12 07:47 PM
I really hope Nintendo can pull through with realistic simulation sports games on this system. I've always been a Nintendo guy but I switched to more of a Sony guy since around 2007 because Ninteno has been weak in sports simulation games.

# 17 ultralow36 @ 11/16/12 08:31 PM
Quote:
What are you talking about, the fact that the Wii U doesn't have the power that most gaming PCs have? The WiiU is supposed to be a Next Gen console, 360 and PS3 are the current gen. Wii U is even below current graphics. And I'm pretty sure there *aren't any gaming PC's more powerful than the next XBox and PS4.
dude you are funny...you must be new to gaming if you think next gen is going to jump 5 to 6 gens to get ahead of pc gaming power

# 18 bigsmallwood @ 11/18/12 11:29 PM
NBA 2K13 for Wii U is an amazing experience...great game! and in FULL HD....

# 19 beast10 @ 11/18/12 11:49 PM
Quote:
I don't know why Nintendo always takes the route of weak systems and family entertainment. They can't make it a strong system and appease families? In that picture, their shorts aren't even moving like they do on REAL consoles. The WiiU is worse than most gaming PCs.
It's a screenshot ! How do you expect the shorts to move???

# 20 achieveduser @ 11/19/12 11:11 AM
Someone at work said smart phone gaming will make PC gaming obsolete in next 5 years..

His argument was that he can bluetooth PS3 controller to his galaxy phone and output video to TV already... while playing mobile games that was released 10 years ago on consoles and PC. Some people think PC development will suddenly stop while other devices are being upgraded. Haha

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.