Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA SPORTS has officially announced Madden NFL 25, launching on August 27. This year’s game will feature the Madden NFL 25 name when it launches in August, plus a new fan Cover Vote will pit the NFL’s greatest legends against today’s hottest stars.

“There’s no better way to celebrate and mark the culmination of 25 years of innovation than by naming this year’s game Madden NFL 25,” said Cam Weber, General Manager of American Football for EA SPORTS. “This year’s game will push the boundaries with gameplay and feature innovations that will lay a very strong foundation for the next 25 years of this storied franchise.”

The past and the future collide in the newest Madden NFL Cover Vote across ESPN platforms and SportsNation, which will see the old school take on the new school for the historically-significant cover. A bracket of 32 all-time NFL greats will go head-to-head against one another, as will 32 modern NFL superstars, with the winners of each bracket facing off in the final round.

Voting will start on Monday, March 11 on ESPN.com/MaddenVote, and fans can tune into a special edition of SportsNation at 6:00pm EST on ESPN2 for the live unveil of the brackets. Last year, fans cast 20 million votes to name Calvin Johnson, Jr. as the cover athlete of Madden NFL 13 during a special reveal show of SportsNation live from Times Square in New York City.

“It’s great to be back with another year of the award-winning Madden NFL Cover Vote for a brand-new game that will be the deepest and most innovative in the history of the franchise when it launches in August,” said Anthony Stevenson, Senior Director of Marketing at EA SPORTS. “This year we’re posing the ultimate question of who’s more deserving; one of the NFL’s all-time greats or one of today’s hottest players?”

“This is the third consecutive year EA SPORTS and ESPN have collaborated on the Madden NFL Cover Vote in its current iteration,” added Raphael Poplock, Vice President of Games and Partnerships for ESPN. “Each year has brought record-setting results as NFL fans come out in droves to support their favorite players and teams, and by going big this year with legends facing off against the league’s current leaders, needless to say it will be an interesting vote with much debate and discussion.”

SportsNation is built around social engagement and topics our young audience cares about, so the Madden NFL Cover Vote is a great fit for us, “said Jamie Horowitz, Vice President of Original Programming and Production for ESPN. “Our new host, Marcellus Wiley, played with the old school guys and Charissa Thompson is a new school fan, so I expect them to find fun ways to push this vote in social and on TV.”

Embraced by fans and honored by critics for 25 years, Madden NFL is known as the NFL’s “33rd Franchise” due to its authentic gameplay, the development team’s unparalleled access to NFL resources and its prominent place in NFL culture. Since its beginning as “John Madden Football,” the franchise has sold through approximately 99 million units and generated more than $3.7 billion in net revenue.

Madden NFL 25 will be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system for $59.99. To learn more about Madden NFL 25, visit http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl. Fans are also invited to become a Madden Insider for exclusive information on Facebook including the latest news, original content and more for Madden NFL 25.

What do you all think of the naming convention change this year?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ..GameOver.. @ 02/01/13 03:05 PM
You guys need to understand that marketing is typically a fixed cost. Saying they overspend on marketing is foolish since they are probably throwing the same amount from year to year, adjusted to the amount of cash they have lying around.

In addition, most of you guys think Madden is purchased by every single person. That is not true, the hype machine helps boost sales and gets more people excited about a product. That buzz is what draws some gamers to a product. Competition has nothing to do with it, a casual sports gamer would have trouble choosing between Madden and, lets say an FPS unless awareness was built up for a product and they were looking forward to it.

As for the name change, it's stupid.

# 22 jpdavis82 @ 02/01/13 03:49 PM
Here's the "monumental change" line from Madden 13

A "monumental change to Madden NFL gameplay creates the most authentic football experience to date, blurring the line between virtual and reality. "

This is obviously referring to the IE, but so far it's been a monumental collapse, the jury is still out on this one I guess.

# 23 Majingir @ 02/01/13 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94
So... what happens in 11/12 years?
lol, exactly. In 2024, will they release "Madden 25 jr" or something.

# 24 GlennN @ 02/01/13 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Don't care about cover votes, who is on the cover or what they call the game. They can call it football with no picture at all and I would be happy as long as the game play was good & all aspects of the game of football was represented. When it comes to video games, I don't ever pay attention to the cover or the back of the box.

To be quite honest, I'm more interested in Madden 15 and the 15 version of all sports really on the next gen consoles, since I know this year will be nothing more then a port for next gen consoles.
I'm with him - couldn't care less about the name or the cover. I am amazed there is so much interest on what player is on the cover of any sports game.

# 25 Broncos86 @ 02/01/13 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
I'm with him - couldn't care less about the name or the cover. I am amazed there is so much interest on what player is on the cover of any sports game.
Without the vast marketing blitz and hype, Madden doesn't get gamers excited. They need that marketing mayhem in order to get people into it. This community is more skeptical, in general; but in terms of all Madden gamers, that media hype pulls people in.

Sometimes, the idea of playing Madden can be more thrilling than playing it.

# 26 Cubfan @ 02/01/13 06:01 PM
Wow 25 years of Madden that is pretty cool. I will be keeping my eye on what direction the game is going in this year.

# 27 CatMan72 @ 02/01/13 06:04 PM
Awesome!

Now maybe, just maybe they can get the Panthers uniforms right?

# 28 MarvinOida @ 02/01/13 06:19 PM
Madden NFL 25: What we were hiding to do since 08. I hope we get a throwback version on John Madden Football like in 09: 20th Anniversary, they had Madden 92.

# 29 ajk49er @ 02/01/13 06:58 PM
wish they would just allow us to re-sign players and edit depth chart of cpu in franchise/ccm mode. would solve all our problems if it just let us do it for them and gave an option to turn on/off. blah.

first year Im not at all excited for madden. fooled me for the last time with this last one, and I liked parts of it, but again, too much of it was flawed to the point of stupidity. stuff that you could find with one go through in franchise, never ever get fixed. stuff that has been a problem for a long time has never been fixed(challenges) and never will. its a sad thing really.

# 30 KBLover @ 02/01/13 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
lol, exactly. In 2024, will they release "Madden 25 jr" or something.

Madden 25-2

You know, like Final Fantasy did with X-2, and XIII-2.

Or they could go the Apple route: The New Madden 25

# 31 KBLover @ 02/01/13 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeyes7
By The way Madden 13 was the best madden in years with the realistic physics system they have.
Even for a video game it wasn't realistic.

I mean guys having their arms and legs twisted around them - that's realistic? Even for video game standards for a game set in a modern real-world setting?

# 32 DJ @ 02/01/13 08:28 PM
I think honoring 25 years of Madden is a good idea, but l would go with XXV.

# 33 Darth Aegis @ 02/01/13 08:56 PM
I hope in this game they have the green Chicago Bear pants instead of the orange ones those were something else.

# 34 BobbyColtrane @ 02/01/13 10:07 PM
This game is a joke and where are the vita and wii u versions? Ea sports, lean forward and choke yourself.

# 35 Cnada @ 02/01/13 10:22 PM
Very Cool it comes out on my Birthday

but lets kickoff the Cover Vote race ...

I say Jerry Rice for Madden Cover!

# 36 kingsofthevalley @ 02/02/13 05:26 AM
Looking forward to it. Hope they go out with a bang. Bring back that authentic player movement, the ability to edit everything at all times, and the draft classes and all will be well.

# 37 secondsolution @ 02/02/13 05:59 AM
The name concerns me, as does the potential of having a legend on the cover. It makes me think that the key features are going to be gimmicky and there won't be enough focus on gameplay and Connected Careers. I hope I'm wrong and I guess time will tell.

# 38 RGiles36 @ 02/02/13 09:23 AM
I'm sort of surprised to see people here and Twitter upset about the name change. If this change is somehow an indication that Madden is committing to a new identity (perhaps less hybrid and more sim), then I'm all for this.

Probably going out on a limb w/ my thought process, but hopefully this is a suggestion that they are launching on new consoles this year and they're turning the page on the inconsistencies of the 360/PS3 generation.

# 39 GRONK IS AMAZIN @ 02/02/13 09:37 AM
Dang why it's so stupid!

# 40 Darth Aegis @ 02/02/13 12:15 PM
Honestly this could be a great game if its more than just a beta version they gave us last year in madden 13. Work out the physics and the weird kinks. Give us custom camera angles would be awesome. A new player rating system.Work in pass interference that has never been in a madden game. And don't count on patches every year to fix bugs. May have potential but they seem to let me down every year. Now on to CH2k8 a true great game that stands the test of time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.