Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

As most of you already know, the NFL passed some new safety rules for the upcoming season. Game Informer has confirmed with EA Sports that the team will be implementing those rules in Madden NFL 25.

It should be interesting to see how well it works. Hopefully they work on pass interference penalties and penalties in general, while they are at it.

Thanks for the heads up TracerBullet36!

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 CT Pitbull @ 03/26/13 08:54 PM
we'll see how positive everyone is about "player safety" penalties when everytime a big hit is made or you run someone over its called back for a 15 yard penalty ..its a stupid rule decision in real life and even dumber to implement in this game..

you cant tell a running back to NOT put his head down and fight for more yards "outside the tackles". its instinct for protection to lower you shoulders to protect yourself and as far as i know everyone on this planets head lowers when their shoulders are dropped..its insanity, and absolutely is going to be a CIRCUS when these boneheaded referees try and differentiate what is and isnt a penalty AT FULL SPEED.

dont get me wrong im all for concussion awareness and being careful when it comes to head injuries but football is loved in this country for a reason. that being violent collisions at full speed of all shapes and varieties. when they start getting away from that is when they make it the same as a local neighborhood flag football league.

# 22 SageInfinite @ 03/26/13 10:16 PM
While I don't really care for the rule change, I'm glad to see Tiburon taking note of it and trying to find ways to implement it in the game. As others have said, I just hope that they work on penalties overall. They can really change the feel and momentum of a game, and they have been absent from Madden for FAR too long. I just hope next gen they have a sim first approach and gets away from this fast action on-line COD feel. Games can be made to play like that, but a game like that can hardly be made into a sim.

# 23 I3raiNfreezE @ 03/26/13 10:39 PM
One thing EA has to do regarding penalties is change ’clipping’ to ’illegal block in the back.’ Am I the only one whos never heard ’clipping’ in an NFL game?

# 24 DubTrey1 @ 03/26/13 11:50 PM
I will be glad if we could just get PI back in the game...

# 25 LovejoyOTF @ 03/26/13 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3raiNfreezE
One thing EA has to do regarding penalties is change ’clipping’ to ’illegal block in the back.’ Am I the only one whos never heard ’clipping’ in an NFL game?
i have, once. maybe twice

# 26 tril @ 03/27/13 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
They can't even get offensive PI in the game.

How confident should one be that they get this one right?
cosign. penalties have never worked correctly in this game. EA will just add a new penalty slider. Based on strong data from previous versions of Madden, I could safely say that it wont work. I have no faith with Madden and NFL rules, penalties etc.
it will be all cosmetic.

# 27 inkcil @ 03/27/13 12:42 AM
C'mon (some of you) guys, this announcement is NOT about gameplay, or simulation, or development, or Tiburon getting its act together, this is all about and ONLY about marketing. Marketing. Marketing. Madden is a marketing tool that the NFL can use to send whatever message about the league that Roger deems necessary. In this case, it's safety and the new safety rules. Again, this is ALL about the NFL putting a marketing message out, NOT an indication that the developer is FINALLY trying to improve how it incorporates penalties in the game.

# 28 Nickda55 @ 03/27/13 01:28 AM
Hopefully we get a rehaul of the penalty engine in madden.

# 29 mestevo @ 03/27/13 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
So nobody else thinks there is a chance that M25 takes a page from MLB The Show and Kolbe, by implementing personalities for the refs tied into the penalty system? Seems to me like a plausible design decision to finally institute penalties in a controlled and organic seeming way for Madden.
I guess I could see it happening, but penalties are a tough thing to really get 'noticed' about. Guessing the MLB stuff includes things like how the umpires call strike zones and stuff? Ref tendencies in that case are much more significant and impactful.

If the idea of tendencies of non-players are to be factored in as a significant feature I'd prefer it be front-office/coaching staff related and the balance/effect of the sum of the personnel you've hired to run your team.

# 30 kongemeier @ 03/27/13 07:34 AM
Great! With a little luck it will be patched in January 2014

# 31 BezO @ 03/27/13 09:06 AM
Quote:
So nobody else thinks there is a chance that M25 takes a page from MLB The Show and Kolbe, by implementing personalities for the refs tied into the penalty system? Seems to me like a plausible design decision to finally institute penalties in a controlled and organic seeming way for Madden.
Chance? Sure. Would you put money on it?

This could've been news about addressing every issue I have with the game. I wouldn't believe it until I saw vids from a retail copy of the game.

But this is not the type of news most of us are waiting for. It's news about a couple of new penalties that most of us assume will be piled onto the rest of the poorly implemented penalties.

What's the last thing Madden said it was working on that came out well?

# 32 cuttingteeth @ 03/27/13 09:22 AM
I'm not getting excited ever again about some guy that did something great for one game and is now coming to Madden. Why? Last year, the guy from NCAA Football came over to Madden, and the hope was, "yeah, this means those two games will be more alike, now, they'll edit the same with more and better accessories and the draft import bugs will be fixed."

NOPE. Instead, they have two different kinds of games completely and take draft importing out along with no editing at all until everyone complained about it long enough.

# 33 roadman @ 03/27/13 10:53 AM
And I hope no one believes one person will have an enormous impact during the 1st year of employment.

Takes awhile to find your place in a company.

Is it possible? Sure, but doubtful.

(Not referring to Kolbe or anyone in general)

# 34 JL791998 @ 03/27/13 12:06 PM
This is shocking but one time I actually had an offensive pass interference penalty called in my favor in an online ranked match.

# 35 N51_rob @ 03/27/13 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32_OS
Just a thought here. Why not make sure the penalties they already have in the game work correctly. Its great they want to add those new rule changes, but what does it mean if they don't work properly? When's the last time a pass interference was called?
I share this sentiment. EA claims that "penalties take away from the fun" of playing madden, then why are they focusing on penalties? EA's messages is so inconsistant with madden and this is just furtherance of that.

# 36 GlennN @ 03/27/13 12:20 PM
This may lead into the discussion of "realism" v. "fun." This is a videogame, and is supposed to be, above all, fun. These new rules, IMO, are not fun. I agree with the poster on the first page - when I play a videogame, I want to have hard hits over the middle (for that matter, I liked the NFL better with those too) and I want to be able to run over a DB as an RB. I guess sliders can accomplish different penalties in or out, but I am not excited about this at all. I skipped Madden last year, and I won't be at all surprised if I skip it again this year.

# 37 SageInfinite @ 03/27/13 12:52 PM
Quote:
This is Tiburon we're talking about. They took 4 years to actually get refs on the field.

# 38 N51_rob @ 03/27/13 12:59 PM
Quote:
This is why I am saying a penalty focus would be a real change of perspective.

I of course understand like everybody else the recent and past history of next-gen Madden but considering Kolbe combined with the two rumors about real refs and new penalty focus, this MIGHT be a sign of core change. The number one issue with next-gen Madden has been at the design choice level, imo and if these reports turn out to have some core merit, like ref crew personalities, that bodes well for the game as a whole. On the other hand if it is just more of the same than the game likely will be too.

It seems like a sensible occurrence that a major contributor from MLB The Show would utilize similar concepts in Madden, when possible. If not for Kolbe on the Madden team, I wouldn't have even given this stuff a second thought but considering the game he worked on, there maybe something to this stuff.
I really hope that is the case, and I will have to reserve judgement. I hope you are correct.

# 39 tfctillidie @ 03/27/13 02:15 PM
Quote:
This is why I am saying a penalty focus would be a real change of perspective.

I of course understand like everybody else the recent and past history of next-gen Madden but considering Kolbe combined with the two rumors about real refs and new penalty focus, this MIGHT be a sign of core change. The number one issue with next-gen Madden has been at the design choice level, imo and if these reports turn out to have some core merit, like ref crew personalities, that bodes well for the game as a whole. On the other hand if it is just more of the same than the game likely will be too.

It seems like a sensible occurrence that a major contributor from MLB The Show would utilize similar concepts in Madden, when possible. If not for Kolbe on the Madden team, I wouldn't have even given this stuff a second thought but considering the game he worked on, there maybe something to this stuff.
Here's hoping you are on point and not just smoking the good stuff.

It's incredible how penalties have never been addressed properly in Madden yet they play such a vital role to the real life game. Boggling.

# 40 RandyBass @ 03/27/13 04:15 PM
Sorry to pile on here, but what about the old rules?!?!

Pass Interference is you know, like a pretty significant rule in the NFL; has been for a while now.

We're on Madden 25...

That's 25! And still can't get a defensive PI called in this series.

Don't know whether to LOL or SMH.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.