Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Anyone who has ever played Madden NFL knows that with each iteration there are changes. There are almost always additions combined with subtractions, whether they be game modes, features, or menu options. In anticipation of Madden NFL 25, we're going to focus on the five features that we miss the most from past editions of Madden.

Read More - The Top Five Features That Should Return to Madden

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jmurphy31 @ 05/15/13 10:16 AM
I would also add

In Game Saves
Weekly wrap up show (Extra Point, but done the right way)

# 2 MAGboyswifT27 @ 05/15/13 10:19 AM
I hope they bring back the ability to import our draft classes from NCAA... Good post though I had forgotten about some of these features from past titles.

# 3 StL_RamZ @ 05/15/13 10:28 AM
I would love to see QB vision come back. That was one of the most realistic features to date. I do not know why people never liked it.

# 4 DeuceDouglas @ 05/15/13 10:30 AM
Import classes? Yes.
Fair Play? Definitely.
Vision Cone? YES.
Owner Mode? Hell Yeah.

Tony Bruno Show? For the love of god no. That was probably the most brutal thing ever to listen to in Madden with the guy announcing the game from his bomb shelter a close second.

Between the repetitiveness of it and the annoyance that is Tony Bruno. It was just too much. If it could be made to work somewhat decently, I'd give it a shot but if you're still having Teyo Johnson (or maybe in this case, Thomas Gafford) phoning in 10 years after he's out of the league and what not, don't even bother.

# 5 ce55 @ 05/15/13 10:32 AM
FAIR PLAY. also classic teams

# 6 juice2142 @ 05/15/13 10:35 AM
how about having multiple human users on a team? We played a season offline with 4 users sitting on one console and playing. That was the biggest thing missing in Madden 13 for us.

# 7 roadman @ 05/15/13 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Import classes? Yes.
Fair Play? Definitely.
Vision Cone? YES.
Owner Mode? Hell Yeah.

Tony Bruno Show? For the love of god no. That was probably the most brutal thing ever to listen to in Madden with the guy announcing the game from his bomb shelter a close second.

Between the repetitiveness of it and the annoyance that is Tony Bruno. It was just too much. If it could be made to work somewhat decently, I'd give it a shot but if you're still having Teyo Johnson (or maybe in this case, Thomas Gafford) phoning in 10 years after he's out of the league and what not, don't even bother.
I couldn't agree more!!!!!

Twitter has replaced radio 2004.

# 8 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 05/15/13 10:40 AM
Interesting list. Fair play is a great idea. Tony Bruno show would always get repetitive. Any of those "shows" will eventually become repetitive. Even the Twitter feed gets repetitive, however the twitter feed, as dumb as it is,isn't as annoying as an audio program. I'd prefer the Newspapers. EA can help create a new generation of paper readers.

Also, I hate to be that guy, but proofread that again.
Quote:
New to Madden NFL 2005 was the Tony Bruno radio show. Billed as EA Sports Radio, the Bruno-hosted show played each week, and if users listened to the show they could hear interviews with players and coaches, hear Tony take calls fans, and hear about things happening in the your NFL world
Some constructive criticism.

# 9 DirtyJerz32 @ 05/15/13 10:41 AM
Fair Play settings would get me back to playing online against random users. The OS leagues are great because you know who you're playing, but sometimes not knowing who I was playing gives me a rush.

BRING IT BACK!!!

# 10 Guapo516 @ 05/15/13 10:43 AM
Whaaaaatttt! I loved the tony and Bruno show. Looking I really thought that was 1 of the coolest things madden ever did. It was innovative and ahead of its time. It should be back, with out a doubt in my opinion.

But I think the mini games from ps2 should b back I used to love those. They teach, help sharpen skills, add more things to play, and are quite fun. Same as NCAA, haven't been buying NCAA or madden for may b 3 yrs now so idk if they do or dont but they shud def hav there option minigames or wat ever.

# 11 Guapo516 @ 05/15/13 10:46 AM
Oops I said tony and Bruno. Lmao *tony Bruno

# 12 mestevo @ 05/15/13 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGboyswifT27
I hope they bring back the ability to import our draft classes from NCAA... Good post though I had forgotten about some of these features from past titles.
I wonder if Madden Share will be what enables this if it returns this year. If they did it through an online mechanism they could tune and tweak the process throughout the year as necessary. Basically send your draft class into the cloud and it's processed and available a short time later in Madden.

Of course then the complaint would be that it requires online franchise, etc. People will have to get over the tradeoffs eventually and determine of those features and their requirements warrant the purchase.

If I were to bet I'd guess it isn't coming back though until NCAA adopts a similar CCM-style mode.

# 13 brettmickey @ 05/15/13 11:00 AM
If they replaced Tony Bruno with Mike & Mike I would be all for it. But all of these features would be greatly appreciated. Having options can only be a good thing, especially in the world of sports video games.

# 14 DeuceDouglas @ 05/15/13 11:04 AM
I wouldn't really call this a feature I remember this from Madden 96 and wouldn't mind seeing pictures like this in the newsfeed of a CCM.

# 15 DeuceDouglas @ 05/15/13 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I wonder if Madden Share will be what enables this if it returns this year. If they did it through an online mechanism they could tune and tweak the process throughout the year as necessary. Basically send your draft class into the cloud and it's processed and available a short time later in Madden.

Of course then the complaint would be that it requires online franchise, etc. People will have to get over the tradeoffs eventually and determine of those features and their requirements warrant the purchase.

If I were to bet I'd guess it isn't coming back though until NCAA adopts a similar CCM-style mode.
Maybe even allow you to edit the NCAA draft classes before you use them in your CCM? That would be interesting and allow the user to correct some of the things that happen.

There is no reason to not push a NCAA-Madden joint feature. I strictly don't buy NCAA because of how soon Madden comes out after it and there is really no point. If they were to get something where I could play a NCAA season and Madden season at the same time and have both of them work together, that would be incredible. I could give up draft storylines throughout a season and in the draft for something like that. Keep them in with the generated classes though. They must stay in some capacity.

# 16 cuttingteeth @ 05/15/13 11:22 AM
My list:
  1. Full editing at all times.
  2. Teambuilder (or equivalent).
  3. 32 team control (but I guess, owner mode would be the same thing).
  4. (Working, non-glitchy) NCAA draft class imports.
  5. Classic teams (that you could edit, too).
I remember back in the day being able to play as the Houston Oilers with all new players, if I wanted to. Those were good days.

# 17 mdiggitydawg @ 05/15/13 11:45 AM
What about the franchise for those of us who like to play off line and pick and choose any game they want to play from week to week? Miss playing out my own season.

Tony Bruno Show ?????? wow that was horrible

# 18 wisdom less13 @ 05/15/13 12:02 PM
I have never disliked a feature more than the vision cone.

# 19 ccoaxum @ 05/15/13 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisdom less13
I have never disliked a feature more than the vision cone.
i agree 100%, i did nost like the vision thing at all. That radio feature was horrible but everything else i would like to see come back, i stop buying NCAA because of no imports smh, i agree i would like to be able to save games in middle of the game, i would like to see a half-time show, like to erin andrews or somebody else doing the video reports or something as well(that was nice touch in 2010 or 11.

# 20 ccoaxum @ 05/15/13 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo516
Whaaaaatttt! I loved the tony and Bruno show. Looking I really thought that was 1 of the coolest things madden ever did. It was innovative and ahead of its time. It should be back, with out a doubt in my opinion.

But I think the mini games from ps2 should b back I used to love those. They teach, help sharpen skills, add more things to play, and are quite fun. Same as NCAA, haven't been buying NCAA or madden for may b 3 yrs now so idk if they do or dont but they shud def hav there option minigames or wat ever.
i do agree i miss the real mini games they had on the ps2 madden, those where fun and you could do that in the season to help make your players better at that. bring that back plz

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.