Home
MotoGP 13 News Post

The MotoGP 13 demo will arrive on June 12th for PS3 and Xbox Live Gold users. Xbox Live Silver users will have to wait until June 16th.

Game: MotoGP 13Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS Vita / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 0 - View All
MotoGP 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Jordanfan23 @ 06/27/13 12:31 AM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...uctDescription

There ya go! Add me when you get it or whenever!

# 22 BIG CAROLINA @ 06/27/13 05:09 PM
Jordan Fan- I am going to add you today when I get on after dinner with the wife.

I love the feeling of being able to slide the rear tire into a turn right next to another rider and make a clean pass... what a feeling.... not a good technique with tire wear on as I found out the hard way. I burned my rear up.

This is the bike game that I have been waiting for.... not perfect but I have been smiling since I started playing (I can't stop playing).

If you liked GP 08 you will LOVE this one.

# 23 TCrouch @ 06/27/13 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CAROLINA
This is the bike game that I have been waiting for.... not perfect but I have been smiling since I started playing (I can't stop playing).

Couldn't have said it better myself.

# 24 cfiore @ 06/27/13 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CAROLINA
Jordan Fan- I am going to add you today when I get on after dinner with the wife.

I love the feeling of being able to slide the rear tire into a turn right next to another rider and make a clean pass... what a feeling.... not a good technique with tire wear on as I found out the hard way. I burned my rear up.

THIS!!!!^^^^^^ I agree about sliding the rear and I would have to say it is not overdone, of course my time is only with the demo so far, and it definitely is not un-realistic as Marquez has been sliding the rear of his Honda all season so far!!! I can not wait for thefull game to get here.

# 25 Jordanfan23 @ 06/28/13 03:14 AM
Loving the game more each time I play it! The power sliding is definitely done perfectly this time around! Raced a GP race online and good lord they are a beast to handle! I was all over the place with Rossi until the 3rd lap where I began to get a little more feel for the power and difference on a GP bike, but it was fun too!

I checked the leaderboard a few times up to about 5 minutes after the race and it hadn't recorded my best lap on LeMans, so I will check tomorrow. I remember where there were leaderboards for best lap for online or offline play, but I haven't seen any of my times for offline play. I'm hoping the 1 race I ran online just hadn't been recorded yet because the leaderboards are half the fun! Anyone who likes to race online or would like to try please send me a friend invite!

# 26 NINJAK2 @ 06/28/13 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanfan23
Loving the game more each time I play it! The power sliding is definitely done perfectly this time around! Raced a GP race online and good lord they are a beast to handle! I was all over the place with Rossi until the 3rd lap where I began to get a little more feel for the power and difference on a GP bike, but it was fun too!

I checked the leaderboard a few times up to about 5 minutes after the race and it hadn't recorded my best lap on LeMans, so I will check tomorrow. I remember where there were leaderboards for best lap for online or offline play, but I haven't seen any of my times for offline play. I'm hoping the 1 race I ran online just hadn't been recorded yet because the leaderboards are half the fun! Anyone who likes to race online or would like to try please send me a friend invite!
Is there bike damage like in SBK? Can you crash your bike to the point you won't be allowed to continue?

Lastly you said the Xbox version isn't region free meaning I would not be able to play it on a U.S. Xbox? If that's the case I'm toast.

# 27 BIG CAROLINA @ 06/28/13 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Is there bike damage like in SBK? Can you crash your bike to the point you won't be allowed to continue?

Lastly you said the Xbox version isn't region free meaning I would not be able to play it on a U.S. Xbox? If that's the case I'm toast.
Yes there is Bike damage like SBK.... I had to limp my bike to the pits once already (no rewinding or pausing to go to the pits for me). But its seems harder to fall even on the Pro/Sim level.

No you can't play on a NTSC xbox 360. The devs said that it WAS region free so a few of us (including me) ordered it based on their email statement only to find out it does NOT work. So I had to send mine back unopened (someone got theirs before me).

I just did the digital download for the PS3 and had the game in my house in less than 5 hours.

The sense of speed is way more pronounced than SBK..... way more...especially in the helmet cam (love it by the way).

You can really feel the difference between the bike classes. After doing my career on the Moto 3's, juming to the big boy GP bikes takes some getting used too.

I am surprised that the Moto 3's have been the most fun to race online.

# 28 NINJAK2 @ 06/28/13 07:06 PM
Thanks for the info BC! Game sounds awesome..Damn I'm so pissed there is no U.S. Version on the 360! Been looking forward to it for months with all the vids leading up to it and the demo announcement...Oh well..

# 29 geisterhome @ 06/29/13 04:01 PM
Great game, love it! its more of a real sports game than any racer out there right now in the sense that it really simulates a real race series. career mode is more fun than in the F1 series since you have to make your way up to the motogp via moto 3 and 2. in that way it appeals also to the sports gamer in me who loves deep career and franchise modes.

I have it on PC and also on my PS Vita, can recommend especially the latter, it's close to 100% the same as it is on PC and Xbox (nothing of presentation missing!) thus the best racing game for the Vita.

# 30 ROABS @ 06/29/13 10:22 PM
anyone on pc using an xbox controller for this game? im debating on picking it up, but read some posts on another forum about people having issues with deadzones for the gas and brake? thanks for any info

# 31 xWillx11 @ 06/30/13 12:15 AM
Love the game, as far as a US version, Im not sure if Milestone can't release games in the US or won't, but instead they allow Capcom to release the SBK games about 5-6 months later in the US.

If anyone has the game and wants to race my PSN is xWillx11

# 32 geisterhome @ 06/30/13 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROABS
anyone on pc using an xbox controller for this game? im debating on picking it up, but read some posts on another forum about people having issues with deadzones for the gas and brake? thanks for any info
im using an xbox controller and its working perfectly.

# 33 ROABS @ 06/30/13 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
im using an xbox controller and its working perfectly.
Thanks for the info. im downloading the demo now and will prob pick up the full game today.

# 34 Bubba_Zanetti @ 07/01/13 01:18 PM
A quick question for those who have it. Does the AI spread out nicely over the course of a race or do they stay in a pack, thus allowing you to pass them in one easy shot. I liked MotoGP 10/11, but the AI stank.

Thanks.

# 35 TCrouch @ 07/01/13 01:48 PM
They spread out quite a bit in my experience so far. I make a mistake and I'll lose 2 or 3 spots, but not the entire field. And I don't pass more than 1 bike per corner in most circumstances. Only playing on "Hard", though, haven't moved above that, so the experience may differ above or below that difficulty.

# 36 Jordanfan23 @ 07/01/13 05:38 PM
I agree about the AI, they spread out well and run a realistic race in my opinion. I just bumped the difficulty to Medium from Easy because I was winning races a little too easy and by 5+ seconds. I did have probably my best racing experience ever in 20+ years of playing car and bike racing games on easy, as I went from 3rd place in the last lap to winning by .5! The last pass was insane and risky and I almost went down. The AI ran a great race and I'm continually impressed by this game!

On the subject of settings, what are you all using as far as:

Race Options
-Race Length (I'm using 15% or 3 laps but may go to 25%)
-AI Difficulty (just switched to medium from easy)
-Bike Damage (Heavy)

Riding Aids
-Physics (Semi-Pro, thought about Pro, but will need to practice using separate brake buttons)
-Joint Brakes (On)
-Tuck In (manual, love working the triangle button and brake)
-Ideal Trajectory (Corners Only)
-Transmission (Semi-Automatic)
-Rewind (None, seems cheap to use)
Everything else is off

Let me know what you guys are using if you don't mind. I like the set-up I am using, but may tweak it for a little more challenge, after making it through all 3 classes in Career mode though, so I get an idea of the difference in handling in each class of bike.

# 37 BIG CAROLINA @ 07/01/13 05:51 PM
Race Options
-Race Length= 100% Race distance With Tire wear on. Tires start going away about half way through if you are smooth.

-AI Difficulty = Medium

-Bike Damage (Heavy)

Riding Aids
-Physics = Pro

-Joint Brakes Off (you should really dump that option as soon as you can)

-Tuck In (manual, love working the triangle button and brake)

-Ideal Trajectory (Corners Only)

-Transmission (Semi-Automatic)

-Rewind (None, seems cheap to use)
Everything else is off

Those are my settings ... I know 100% race distance may seem long but so far its all been under 30 laps.

I played this for 4 hours straight today.... I am in love with this game and do not want to play anything else.

# 38 cfiore @ 07/01/13 06:22 PM
Big & Jordan,

What is the difference between Semi-pro & Pro physics? Should have the game today, waiting for UPS. GET HERE ALREADY!!!!

# 39 Jordanfan23 @ 07/01/13 06:43 PM
Good stuff Carolina! I'm definitely gonna change the brake setting. And I want to see tire wear so I'll have to run more laps. My goal is to make it as sim as possible once I have a good feel for all the class bikes. I know to do that I'll have to change those two things first.

When braking with the one button the bike stoppies and it's too easy to brake hard and keep the bike up when it would normally low side using that much front brake that hard and sudden. So are using a lot more front brake when coming into a corner or slowing and powersliding (what I prefer)? I knew to powerslide I'd have to lose that 1 button setting.

I'm gonna make the changes and play and then I'll post up my results! And yes, the game is excellent! Most fun I've had with a racing game since Tourist Trophy probably!

# 40 xWillx11 @ 07/01/13 08:24 PM
Length: 35%
Session: Qualifying and Race
AI: Realistic
Bike Damage: Heavy (although no matter how hard i crash my bike is fine)
Tyre Wear: On
Technical Problems: AI and Player
Disciplinary Flags: on
Physics: Pro (turns off auto brakes joint brakes and steering help)
Tuck in: Manual
Trajectory: Off
Transmission: Manual
Rewinds: 0

I played SBK X a lot so I started playing with most of these settings and i completely reconfigured the controls on both games to be more comfortable

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.