Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Greg Miller of IGN sat down with Cam Weber on the IGN set at E3 to talk Madden NFL 25 and what the Ignite Engine means to next-gen Madden.

"(The Ignite Engine) is best in class tech from all of our franchises," Weber said.

The new locomotion system within the new generation of Madden was developed by both the Madden and FIFA teams alongside each other. Weber was particularly high on the new system, "The thing that makes Madden feel special on Gen-4 is our new true step locomotion sytem," Weber said. "You have much more control over every move."

Weber said that Player Sense makes 50x more calculations a second than Madden on current gen.

"It's like taking the blindfold off. They (digital players) can see the entire field, all the players and objects around them and they can react on the fly to what everyone else is doing," Weber said.

Weber said the additional power allows for the extra calculations from players and the new physics engine, which will add more depth than ever to Madden NFL Football.

When asked about what this could mean on a practical level, Weber elaborated on the line play, "The line of scrimmage has so much going on this year, whether it's run blocking or pass blocking it's completely overhauled."

Weber went on to talk about pocket awareness and pre-snap targeting and how offensive linemen will dynamically change assignments starting from the center outwards, just like in real football. This dynamic shifting of assignments continues as the snap occurs as well, Weber said.

And the big one, when asked about the generational leap and the possibly of features lost, Weber responded, "It will be a fully featured Madden right out of the gate. We're not losing any depth."

Weber said Connected Franchise was built with this generation in mind, so there won't be any depth lost as you upgrade from the current generation to Madden on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

While we've long suspected this was the case, it's nice to officially hear that Madden will be losing no depth as it makes the generational leap.

How does this affect your perception of the upcoming next-gen Madden?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 moylan1234 @ 06/13/13 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
So then what are you basing it off of? You're the one referring to EA's history, so explain yourself.
There's no need to just play this game in 5 months and you'll understand what we're talking about

# 82 tfctillidie @ 06/13/13 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BV11
Is it that hard for you to understand that nobody here is bashing the fact that there is only 2 teams, no fans, no sidelines, etc? We are strictly talking about what we are seeing on the field, the gameplay The most important part of the game. And it looks subpar compared to where other sports games are at.

And I am not a Madden hate-r. I still play 05/06 on Xbox. Those games were great, I loved madden back then. The game took a turn for the worse, and I guess you could call me a hate-r, but only of this gen of madden, because it isn't good.
The game took a turn for the worse, no doubt. Madden 13 however? Was a pretty fun experience.

M25 looks to be correcting unrealistic aspects of M13, so I'm excited about it.

Next-gen has the features coming over from past gen. This didn't happen last cycle, but people are drawing comparisons anyways.

How can you validate concerns about the gameplay when you haven't seen most of the actual game? Guys at E3 are reporting that things like blocking are different between the games as an example.

We haven't seen the passing game at all. We haven't seen the AI in possession of the football.

And you're making concrete opinions of the final product. Then will reference a 5 year old Madden game, made by different human beings on a different engine on a different console as your reference. It never ends.

Much like another regular madden ***** on here, Bucky, was yelling at someone because he merely said "I'm impressed", saying "how dare you make extreme opinions on such little footage!" and the horde of haters liked his post.

Now, the haters can make their own final extreme opinion based on the same little footage?

The stance on Madden some people take is absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
There's no need to just play this game in 5 months and you'll understand what we're talking about
So you can't defend your complaint. Understood.

# 83 moylan1234 @ 06/13/13 02:46 PM
Quote:
So you can't defend your complaint. Understood.
such poor reading comp. It doesn't need to be defensed that's the point there's a plethora of samples out there for you to see for yourself and there will be one more 5 months from now

# 84 djordan @ 06/13/13 02:50 PM
Quote:
Ok. I guess Madden 25 on next gen forgot to add 30 teams, fans, commentary and everything else.

Oh and it only has 2 plays.

You're just another guy on these boards that is still mad about Madden 08 or some other old version. Let it go.

This board is full of mindless haters. You guys just don't like Madden, so give it up. Why are you even here? This is what Madden is, you think you're going to change that? Is complaining for years on top of years going to matter? Madden is this. Period.

Let people constructively talk about the game without constantly referring back to ancient history. LET IT GO.
When I play Madden, I play after the snap...Which was shown in the video. When the first video of Madden 2001 appeared on IGN I was AMAZED by the drastic jump in graphics along with the smooth running animations and wrap tackles.

Coming from previous gen (PS3/XBOX 360) I was expecting a leap as that of PSX to PS2. I just didn't see it when viewing the Next Gen gameplay video.

I'm the last person to call a madden *****. I've had visions of where this game should be dating back to 2004-2005 and have yet to see those visions come true. I along with many other Madden fans would love to praise EA but we've seen what they've put out over the years and just can't give them proper credit. When you see what other Devs (2K,Sony, etc...) are accomplishing with the same hardware you have to scratch your head and ask yourself "Why am I not seeing the same innovations with the Madden series?". Back in 2004 my online record was 775-325 I believe. I played over 100 games during X-mas break week. I was a freaking Madden fiend who would pick up the sticks before washing my azz, brushing my teeth, or eating in the morning lol.

I really want to get back to those days. Sorry for the long rant.

# 85 tfctillidie @ 06/13/13 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
such poor reading comp. It doesn't need to be defensed that's the point there's a plethora of samples out there for you to see for yourself and there will be one more 5 months from now
You're claiming pre-alpha will be final and just said "EA's history" is your proof. My reading comprehension is just fine, however your ability to construct an argument is terribly poor.

# 86 tfctillidie @ 06/13/13 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
When I play Madden, I play after the snap...Which was shown in the video. When the first video of Madden 2001 appeared on IGN I was AMAZED by the drastic jump in graphics along with the smooth running animations and wrap tackles.

Coming from previous gen (PS3/XBOX 360) I was expecting a leap as that of PSX to PS2. I just didn't see it when viewing the Next Gen gameplay video.

I'm the last person to call a madden *****. I've had visions of where this game should be dating back to 2004-2005 and have yet to see those visions come true. I along with many other Madden fans would love to praise EA but we've seen what they've put out over the years and just can't give them proper credit. When you see what other Devs (2K,Sony, etc...) are accomplishing with the same hardware you have to scratch your head and ask yourself "Why am I not seeing the same innovations with the Madden series?". Back in 2004 my online record was 775-325 I believe. I played over 100 games during X-mas break week. I was a freaking Madden fiend who would pick up the sticks before washing my azz, brushing my teeth, or eating in the morning lol.

I really want to get back to those days. Sorry for the long rant.
The graphics jump was never going to be huge from previous gen to this one, you cannot compare to the Gen 2 to Gen 3 leap.

Clearly you can see how in previous eras you'd get quite a noticeable change but as we move ahead it's no longer the case.

Comparing to FIFA, there's no huge graphical jump either. It's on the same scale as Madden. It is what it is.

I don't know how someone playing that controlled demo gives you a final opinion on the next gen gameplay. You don't even know how the controller feels in your hand, yet you have an opinion on how the game plays?

C'mon Deejay.

# 87 capn_razzamataz @ 06/13/13 03:00 PM
Quote:
You're claiming pre-alpha will be final and just said "EA's history" is your proof. My reading comprehension is just fine, however your ability to construct an argument is terribly poor.
That's not what he's claiming at all. He's claiming the final build will not be considerably different than this pre-alpha footage which, again, using EA's history as a guide, is very likely.

Is this a certainty? No, of course not. Some things could possibly be better in a few months just as some things could possibly be worse in a few months.

# 88 moylan1234 @ 06/13/13 03:06 PM
Quote:
I'm not constructing anything and we're not arguing. just letting you know how it's been in the past and most likely will be in the future. as I said try for yourself maybe we're all wrong. believe me we'd like to proven wrong it's not like we're sitting here rooting for the series to fail.

# 89 tfctillidie @ 06/13/13 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capn_razzamataz
That's not what he's claiming at all. He's claiming the final build will not be considerably different than this pre-alpha footage which, again, using EA's history as a guide, is very likely.

Is this a certainty? No, of course not. Some things could possibly be better in a few months just as some things could possibly be worse in a few months.
At least someone is capable of explanation, awesome.

So using EA's history as a guide, and their regular use of rookie mode in footage we know that things don't often play the same as when we actually play the game.

When I play Madden, it doesn't look like their marketing videos (I'm not trucking everyone over with ease) nor their gameplay demos.

# 90 inkcil @ 06/13/13 03:21 PM
Looking/judging based on this video, it's too much of the "same old same old." Outside of some (not all) of the running back's foot animations, the other stuff looks just like what we've been getting from Madden since '06. The linebackers moving in exact unison, the players barely touching each other and flying backwards in opposite directions like shot out of a cannon, the wayward diving by the defensive players. Sigh.

We all want Madden to be soooooo good...but does EA?

# 91 tfctillidie @ 06/13/13 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
If you're going to bring my name up, at least be accurate. So far I have not given an impression of Madden 14/25 because I have not seen enough of it. I commented on someone else having an extreme opinion while they were chastising somebody else's opinion while we haven't had nearly enough info to really make these kinds of judgements.

My comment wasn't hating on anything. It was basically stating the obvious. And now I've seen just what you're about.

And the person you were just chastising was going off of footage we have, which all we have AND almost a decade of EA/Tib history.

Madden 13 wasn't very good (for what I want it for) and many others agree with that. You seem to have a different opinion. So I suppose it was good for you.

Please don't mention my user id and represent it so falsely.

THANK YOU.
Madden 13 wasn't very good? Subjective. Many people enjoyed Madden 13, many people still play Madden 13 10 months after it's release.

Just because your opinion is that Madden isn't very good, doesn't make it true. It's just your opinion, that's the problem with your type.

You seem to think that Madden to everyone, is exactly what you think it is.

If "many" people thought that, Madden wouldn't continue to sell to millions of people. I wonder what your definition of "many" is? Millions of people have fun with this game, that's more than your "many", I'm sure.

bucky, you're a 60 year old man who programs for a living and think you know it all about game development. I've read your posts for close to a decade. I know you in and out. You hate Madden, period. You're here to stir **** up, like you do on other boards and think that everyone thinks Madden is crap because that's your opinion of it.

You make every thread you post in nearly intolerable. You can't stand anything about this game, but for years just piss and moan about it. What's your purpose?

# 92 roadman @ 06/13/13 03:25 PM
I'd like to think we can all agree that it's too inconclusive to say one way or the other if Madden will fail or pass the test, right?

One very early build showing off the new running precision modifiers and the new OL blocking assignment.

I stated earlier that I wasn't impressed with the first go rounds with the video, but then I saw Sim's analysis and I saw things I didn't see the first two rounds.

History can stay the same, but it can change, too.

Need to wait a bit longer.

# 93 tfctillidie @ 06/13/13 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'd like to think we can all agree that it's too inconclusive to say one way or the other if Madden will fail or pass the test, right?

One very early build showing off the new running precision modifiers and the new OL blocking assignment.

I stated earlier that I wasn't impressed with the first go rounds with the video, but then I saw Sim's analysis and I saw things I didn't see the first two rounds.

History can stay the same, but it can change, too.

Need to wait a bit longer.
No sir, Madden next gen already failed, history is proven. We've not even seen someone throw a pass, but we know it will be crap. Tread carefully!

# 94 infemous @ 06/13/13 03:30 PM
Quote:
At least someone is capable of explanation, awesome.

So using EA's history as a guide, and their regular use of rookie mode in footage we know that things don't often play the same as when we actually play the game.

When I play Madden, it doesn't look like their marketing videos (I'm not trucking everyone over with ease) nor their gameplay demos.
I'm not sure if you read my post a couple pages back, or have seen any of my other posts, but I'll repeat for you so that you can understand the PERSPECTIVE. Remember, this is going off of history and what we can see NOW. Things can and my god do I hope they change, but its very very very unlikely that it will in Madden 25.

The fact is, is that Madden 25's 'next gen engine' is exactly the same as Madden 13's current gen engine. It is not completely new because it is comprised of the same core elements, with other things inbuilt into it so that it is EASIER to code for.

A 'NEW' engine would mean that they started from scratch from most people's perspectives. The Madden 12 engine was, wait for this, admitted by EA Devs to be based on PS2 code that got transferred over to current gen due to a lack of preparation time.

The reason that people complain about the same things is because the game is still based off the same core principles.

We are glad to hear about the new AI, I am very excited for its capabilities, but what it needs is to be paired with REAL PHYSICS. As in, when a 300lbs guy running full speed collides with a 150lbs guy standing still, the 300lbs guy will obliterate him. It should also mean that 5,9 CBs trailing a WR who has 5 steps on him should not be able to psychically jump up, extend their arms and perfectly pluck the ball from the air for an interception while the WR runs blindly down field, nor does it mean that a WR should know, as soon as a ball is released, that it's trajectory is not following the typical route as the route he is running, and instinctively runs to where the ball will be to make a catch.

The list could go on forever, but you will see that these 'Legacy' issues are unlikely to change any time soon until the game has a fundamental change, which is proven by the recycling of the 'infinity' engine within the 'ignite' engine.

We are not judging the game off of hype videos and marketing, we are looking at the core issues of the game we are so tired of and familiar with that just so happen to show their face in every Madden.

# 95 tfctillidie @ 06/13/13 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
No offense, BUT based on your post in this thread you are blind to your Madden faith. It's as though you fail to see that Madden has historically not changed much from pre-alpha to alpha. Yes of course it is changed some, but is the change more than just noticeable? Based on past Madden's the answer is no, not really. Now does the future look bright with potentially? IMO absolutely, but do I see the same old problems that have plagued Madden since the 360/ps3 gen? Absolutely as well.
Blind to Madden faith?

Is it so hard to comprehend that people like Madden?

Yes, M13 had issues with the interior running game, DB interaction, etc...it doesn't need to be listed.

And? I still have fun playing it.

There's not one video game out there you couldn't sit on your arse and nitpick to death, but then you'd never have fun.

Good on you folks for the half glass empty personality, I'd rather focus on what's fun and enjoy it for what it offers, than complaining about what's unrealistic and just being pissed off all the time.

I just don't understand you folks. You complain about issues for YEARS of your life. Why not do something else? Why just sit on the internet yelling at people because they find Madden fun and don't get hung up on it's shortcomings?

# 96 AlreadyKnoJ @ 06/13/13 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeJ1021
Wow, you all just love to complain... And some of you may actually be blind!!! How can you possibly say this looks like current gen Madden when there was an OBVIOUS DIFFERENCE in the Juke Moves and Player Control, there was an OBVIOUS DIFFERENCE in the movement and fluidity of the new OL/DL Blocking Scheme & Reaction... and how in the world did you guys not notice that... THERE WAS NO MORE HUNCHBACK RUNNING!!!!!! YESSSSS!
Yeah its a work in progress, and the player moverments and interactions look absolutely horrendous. EA needs to look at maddent 05 and NFL 2k5 and take notes. There trying to do way to much instead of just mastering the basic fluidity of the game.

# 97 infemous @ 06/13/13 03:34 PM
Quote:
Madden 13 wasn't very good? Subjective. Many people enjoyed Madden 13, many people still play Madden 13 10 months after it's release.

Just because your opinion is that Madden isn't very good, doesn't make it true. It's just your opinion, that's the problem with your type.

You seem to think that Madden to everyone, is exactly what you think it is.

If "many" people thought that, Madden wouldn't continue to sell to millions of people. I wonder what your definition of "many" is? Millions of people have fun with this game, that's more than your "many", I'm sure.

bucky, you're a 60 year old man who programs for a living and think you know it all about game development. I've read your posts for close to a decade. I know you in and out. You hate Madden, period. You're here to stir **** up, like you do on other boards and think that everyone thinks Madden is crap because that's your opinion of it.

You make every thread you post in nearly intolerable. You can't stand anything about this game, but for years just piss and moan about it. What's your purpose?
If you have been reading his posts for over a decade I'd assume you're old enough to realise how hypocritical this post is and how out of line it is.

This sort of commentary is not needed within the debate about the potential of the Madden series.

Your opinion is something worthy of debate but to personally attack and then descend the conversation into something about 'haters' is pathetic.

I'm sorry I wasted so much of my time replying to you.

# 98 PVarck31 @ 06/13/13 03:37 PM
Enough with the bickering. Dial it down a notch guys.

# 99 tfctillidie @ 06/13/13 03:37 PM
Not even going to bother. Hate all you want, I'll have fun and you guys can be miserable all you wish.

# 100 spidaman2323 @ 06/13/13 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Not at all. I love EA, and I love Madden. But if you look at everything that 2005 had, it was the best Madden EVER. Formation audibles, Create a play, a super deep franchise. It was the pinnacle. The next year the game went to the current gen and it all fell part.

Create-a-play is one of those features that ads massive re-play value to the game. Hours and hours of designing and practicing your plays. I mean literally days go by without playing a single in-game down while you tinker with it. Like online franchise, I think it's a must-have feature. Give it back and I'll shut up. Happily.
Thank you!! I thought i was the only one that miss creating your own plays.. I'd spend more time creating plays than actually playing the game! It was the best part of the game to me..They really need to bring it back...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.