Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

Check out the latest NCAA Football 14 video taken from E3 2013. It features the Miami Hurricanes and Georgia Bulldogs.

If the embedded video doesn't work, check it out here. Thanks to Bamantic for uploading our video to Youtube.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 eaglesfan27 @ 06/14/13 10:32 AM
The field looks wider and more realistic as a result. Can't wait to get this game.

# 42 bonannogiovanni @ 06/14/13 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I cant find it.. can you link me to it please?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...editor-v1.html

# 43 jeremym480 @ 06/14/13 10:50 AM
Love the coordinator cam and loved seeing the blocking down field even more.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

# 44 jeeve @ 06/14/13 11:15 AM
I'm a big fan of the coordinator cam. Hopefully we'll get some "wide" cam footage soon.

I couldn't help but cringe at the swerve running on the very first play from scrimmage. Yeah he did plant his foot on the last cut a bit, but overall the swerving on that play was still pretty bad. Maybe I'm overreacting, but stuff like that kills the feel of the running game for me.

# 45 BadAssHskr @ 06/14/13 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
The montage should've been set to play out only after the first game of your season. Afterwards, the skin for the other team could've been a random selection for any previous teams played against.
+1

this would make much more sense. if they're creating false footage anyhow, well i don't get it i guess.

# 46 Cardot @ 06/14/13 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33

Yes, this! That almost ruins any immersion type feel that is being set up for playing a game to me. I honestly can't even wrap my brain around what they are trying to accomplish with showing a montage of the two teams playing a game that hasn't happened yet.
I am right there with you. I simply don't get it. I understand that some people want to by pass the pre game all together....thats cool. I get that. And some people like myself like to have a pre game for the immersion/atmosphere of either being at the stadium or watching on TV. But who wants to see a bunch of game moments that may or may not happen?

Even worse will be if they are repetitive.

Otherwise, the game is looking great.

# 47 noplace @ 06/14/13 12:13 PM
The montage is a instant skip because its logically dumb...I don’t understand the mindset of the dev’s or whoever’s in charge of that portion of the game…it makes no sense

# 48 TheBleedingRed21 @ 06/14/13 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockytop52
Coordinator Cam is just down right wrong.
You kidding me? I like broadcast view but the side sucks. Coord cam is their best camera yet IMO.

Game looks great. Super excited.

# 49 sparkdawg777 @ 06/14/13 01:01 PM
To be the only video game with a real TV license, this game has the most unrealistic presentation. Now the intros are even more unrealistic. I'm tired of the freakin mascot getting shown break dancing, all that stuff needs to go in next gen.

# 50 dlk90514 @ 06/14/13 01:14 PM
This blocking is the most realistic I have ever seen in a video game... let me elaborate on that first possession.

1st play- 3 great down blocks by C, LG, LT and a great kickout block from the pulling RG. The playside TE gets a great seal block on the MAC that is flowing towards the counter action. Great execution of the play!
*sidenote- if the player takes this up the shoot following the kickout block there is no need to "swerve"

2nd play- Now when I watch this I get really excited, because there are some breakdowns, which is realistic for a real football game... the RT doesn't get any movement on the down block, which screws his buddy the pulling LG (that DT makes this play), but even with that said this play is going to break if the LT can get the JACK or Backside Inside Linebacker. This is realistic though he is slow getting up there and only gets a hand on him... he gets a double minus for this play!

3rd play- Multiple breakdowns on this play but all realistic scenarios in my opinion. The LG has a tough block here, which he fails miserably at executing by turning his shoulders too quickly and opening the gate for the DE. The center turns his shoulders too quickly as well and gives the Nose a direct line to the QB. Finally the RT gets beat late. All that said the QB hits a hot read for a positive play.

4th play- The thing that jumps out to me on this play is what happens to the LG he swings and misses... I don't like to admit it but this has happened to me before. I'm just glad that something like that is in the game though. Anyways, because of this and no movement from the TE and LT the HB is forced to cutback and the unblocked man makes the play.

5th play- On the draw we have a great down block by the C and a nice short pull by the LG. Positive play!

6th play- HB misses the hole that opens late between the C and LG. This play does have something a little funky happen looks like the RG gets stuck in a double team animation really doesn't have any impact on the outcome of the play though.

7th play- This play really excites me! The defense rushes only three and this is exactly what should happen... the QB has all day to throw the ball, but instead forces it to the fullback when if he waits a half-second longer is going to have [] for a touchdown!

Anyways in conclusion, if you read all that and are a football fanatic like myself that wants Sim football with realistic outcomes and lineplay you should be really excited, as I am, for what EA is doing finishing this current generation and moving into gen4!

# 51 RogueHominid @ 06/14/13 01:21 PM
I looked at this video with pass blocking and pass rushing in mind, and I didn't see a real pocket or a realistic looking edge rush from the right side. It looks like nothing has changed in that regard.

Am I missing something in the video? Genuine question. I thought I heard that Madden had worked on this issue, so I assumed NCAA would as well, but I can't see the proof.

# 52 Strategizer @ 06/14/13 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP
I looked at this video with pass blocking and pass rushing in mind, and I didn't see a real pocket or a realistic looking edge rush from the right side. It looks like nothing has changed in that regard.

Am I missing something in the video? Genuine question. I thought I heard that Madden had worked on this issue, so I assumed NCAA would as well, but I can't see the proof.
I haven't seen enough to comment on the right side edge rush specifically, but I've seen enough to say that the pass rush in general looks much better. The pass rushers and the o-line really attack each other and look more aggressive than in years past. The spin move by that OLB was nice, and in the other videos I've seen, the linemen will really drive one another back instead of just dancing around the line of scrimmage. The defense actually seems like it is trying to get to the QB, rather than just looking to get blocked.

# 53 dlk90514 @ 06/14/13 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP

To answer this question there are only 7 passes in this video. There is 1 playaction pass, 1 wildcat bull**** throwback pass, 1 screen, 1 3-step drop, and 3 5-7 step drops, which should produce a pocket. With that in mind no two pockets will form exactly the same. The first 5-step happens at 4:11. There is a pocket forming, but the pressure up the middle forces the QB to throw to a hot read (the RT gets beat by the DE). The second 5-step happens at 10:33. The QB again throws the ball quickly hear the LT does a good job of forcing the DE wide, while the RT is in a battle and if the ball isn't thrown early will let the pocket collapse late. Finally the last 5-step happens at 11:03, and based on the defensive alignment a true pocket wouldn't form because there is no wide rush.

# 54 dlk90514 @ 06/14/13 01:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqey4Ts9nRQ

This video has some good examples of some 5-step drops as well as examples of the pockets collapsing. Overall I think this aspect of the game is much improved this year.

# 55 seasprite @ 06/14/13 02:52 PM
Mark me down as loving the new cam.......it's pretty darn good IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 56 Skyboxer @ 06/14/13 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Mark me down as loving the new cam.......it's pretty darn good IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. Love it!

# 57 RogueHominid @ 06/14/13 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlk90514
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqey4Ts9nRQ

This video has some good examples of some 5-step drops as well as examples of the pockets collapsing. Overall I think this aspect of the game is much improved this year.
Thanks, fellas. These responses are super helpful. The ND footage was a good indication of what they've done with the pocket. The 2nd play shows the RDE dipping his shoulder and getting past the RT much more realistically than the patty-cake BS of yesteryear.

You can also see that the edge rush and pocket have a push/depth to it that is much more realistic. It makes me realize how bad previous games were in this regard.

I'll tip my hat to EA on this one. The game looks good.

Final question about this: does the game play and look the same on PS3 as XBOX 360? I've typically played 360 games but mine broke and I got a PS3 to play The Show.

# 58 NINJAK2 @ 06/14/13 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
That Coordinator Camera is sick! Will definitely be using that when I get the game.
That camera is nice but I'm curious if they still have the broadcast cam from ncaa 12 (didn't buy 13). I didn't see an option for it when he flipped thru cams...

# 59 Strategizer @ 06/14/13 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
watch at :23. Focus on Receiver A, just runs by defenders while they stay squatted in 1 spot and leave him WIDE open and cover no one in the area. Defender lined up on the left slot WR literally runs to his area in the zone and stops and sits there. I'm assuming it's a cover 4 since the CBs & safeties all drop deep but I can't get over how the guys underneath hardly move and have no awareness of anyone coming in their zone.
Looks to me like they freeze when the QB moves up close to the LOS after getting hit. They are playing zone in the other two plays, and the defenders definitely follow guys, like on the INT play.

# 60 DJ @ 06/14/13 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP
Thanks, fellas. These responses are super helpful. The ND footage was a good indication of what they've done with the pocket. The 2nd play shows the RDE dipping his shoulder and getting past the RT much more realistically than the patty-cake BS of yesteryear.

You can also see that the edge rush and pocket have a push/depth to it that is much more realistic. It makes me realize how bad previous games were in this regard.

I'll tip my hat to EA on this one. The game looks good.

Final question about this: does the game play and look the same on PS3 as XBOX 360? I've typically played 360 games but mine broke and I got a PS3 to play The Show.
I've played NCAA 11-13 on the PS3 and the games look fine. The 360 might have a slight edge in graphics, but nothing really extreme. As far as gameplay, they are identical. The big difference being the controller, although I find I prefer the PS3 controller over the 360 due to having played football games on the PS and PS2.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.