Home
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational News Post

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational will arrive on Tuesday, July 23rd for PS3 users on PSN. It will feature tournaments (with more added through regular updates), more equipment and unique characters.

Quote:
The PS3 version offers everybody’s favorite local multiplayer that supports up to four players, as well as new features such as Real Feel Shot where you can swing your way through courses with your PlayStation Move motion controller.

What’s more, for those of you that own the PS Vita version, all of your downloadable content is cross-buy and will be unlocked in the PS3 version! The Vita patch version 1.06 will bring you up to speed with the PS3, enabling you to play with those on the PS3 version in the online tournaments.

What we think is one of the most exciting features is both PS Vita and PS3 can compete against each other online. And with such a vast array of online tournaments available, you’ll never be short of brand new online rivalries! Take advantage of the Level 4 and Level 5 clubs and balls to get the edge over your buddies!

Source - Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Coming to PS3 (PlayStation.Blog)

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational screenshot gallery - Click to view Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Hot Shots Golf: World InvitationalReader Score: 10/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 2 - View All
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Videos
Member Comments
# 21 BBallcoach @ 08/12/13 05:22 AM
didn't know where to put this but here is the crown list, I've yet to see it show up on the tourney info found this tonight, enjoy

Beginners Rank

1-1 Make a Par or better 10m+ Putt and Win.
1-2 Hit a Rising Shot and Win.
1-3 Win with 2000pts or more.
1-4 Make a Birdie or better Chip-in and Win.
1-5 Fairway Keep 100% and Win.
Vs. Nalu/Cosplay
Get an Eagle and Win.
Amateur Rank

2-1 Win without using Spin shots.
2-2 Hit three or more Bogeys and Win.
2-3 Birdie or better the last hole and Win.
2-4 One shot the green on a Par 4 and Win.
2-5 Par On Keep/Green in Regulation 100% and Win.
Vs. Tank/Cosplay
Win without using Power Mode.
Pro Rank

3-1 Make a Par or better 10m+ Putt and Win.
3-2 Win without landing in the rough.
3-3 Just Impact 30% or more and Win.
3-4 Win without landing in the bunker.
3-5 Fairway Keep 100% and Win.
Vs. Erika
Win within the first 3H.
Cosplay - Win with consecutive Birdies.
Bronze Rank
4-1 Win with -3 or better score.
4-2 Win with 2000pts or more.
4-3 Birdie three times in a row and Win.
4-4 One shot the green on a Par 4 and Win.
4-5 Win without using Spin shots.
Vs. Edge
Win without hitting a Bogey.
Cosplay - Win with only one putt per hole.
Silver Rank
5-1 Perform a 1m near pin approach and Win.
5-2 Win with -4 or better score.
5-3 Win without landing in the bunker.
5-4 Birdie three times in a row and Win.
5-5 Par On Keep/Green in Regulation 100% and Win.
Vs. Max
Win with only one putt per hole.
Cosplay - Win without hitting a Bogey.
Gold Rank
6-1 Win without landing in the bunker.
6-2 Win without landing in the rough.
6-3 Win with 1500pts or more.
6-4 Birdie or better the last hole and Win.
6-5 Win without using Spin shots.
Vs. Fatima
Win without hitting a Bogey.
Cosplay - Win without changing the default club selected by the game.
Platinum Rank
7-1 Just Impact 50% or more and Win.
7-2 Par On Keep/Green in Regulation 100% and Win.
7-3 Win without landing in the bunker.
7-4 Fairway Keep 100% and Win.
7-5 Win without using Spin shots.
Vs. Isaac/Cosplay

Win with consecutive Birdies.

# 22 rspencer86 @ 08/24/13 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
Can someone answer a question. Twice last nite I hit a ball beyond the green. Both times it said I hit the ball 115%. I was not using power swing either. Why was this?
Were you hitting out of the rough? When in the rough and usually on a downslope, there is a chance you will hit a flyer (115-120% power). You can tell if this is a possibility if the power range underneath the lie indicator in the bottom right is colored yellow (also, the caddy usually says something like "watch for flyers!").

You can avoid it by clubbing up or down, or trying to get perfect impact with backspin.

# 23 bcruise @ 08/25/13 12:58 AM
Flyers can absolutely ruin your day on some of the later courses. 115% is enough to send a shot that would be in the middle of the green into a sand trap or water hazard behind it.

# 24 Bamafan3723 @ 09/02/13 07:05 PM
Haven't bought this yet. Still playing OOB. One thing I've noticed in videos I've watched of WI is how short the holes seem to be. I've seen alot of Par 5's where the people are hitting a 9 iron into the green on their 2nd shot. WI seems to be more power based where you can hit long drives and just have easy wedge shots to the green. Not to mention the courses don't appear to be that difficult. Someone correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't played WI yet.

# 25 Blzer @ 09/06/13 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamafan3723
Haven't bought this yet. Still playing OOB. One thing I've noticed in videos I've watched of WI is how short the holes seem to be. I've seen alot of Par 5's where the people are hitting a 9 iron into the green on their 2nd shot. WI seems to be more power based where you can hit long drives and just have easy wedge shots to the green. Not to mention the courses don't appear to be that difficult. Someone correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't played WI yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
It's because theyve ruined it a bit with paid dlc. You can only get up to level 3 clubs/balls by unlocking them. Level 4 and 5 MUST be boughten to acquire. And why buy level 4 when you can just go and buy level 5 right away. Basically by doing this it's pay to win and anybody with these purchases can drive the ball like crazy. I like to stick to lower clubs for more of a challenge.
When did they release DLC? I'm wondering if they also did for the Vita version.

Anyway, this was originally created for Vita, so I don't know if that has anything to do with the course difficulty. Some of them got kind of hard though, especially with high winds and tough hole locations.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.