Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

According to the latest NBA Live 14 blog, posted by Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, we should be seeing 5 on 5 gameplay footage very soon with new screenshots and details arriving this week.

Quote:
That being said, we know how you’re beyond ready to see more game assets and a 5-on-5 gameplay video. It is coming soon. I want you guys to see the game as we near completion to get a real impression (without disclaimers) of what to expect when we hit store shelves.

Between now and then, we’ll be giving you a glimpse of what NBA LIVE 14 is all about. In the next few days, we’ll be sharing a little peek of in-game screen shots and what you can expect to see and experience this fall and we’ll continue to share new assets as we lead up to the launch of the game.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Goffs @ 09/12/13 10:04 AM
I wish EA would get there heads out their asses and bring the sports lineup to the PC! PC gaming is on the rise lately....hell we're getting a Naruto game and I don't remember anyone asking for that! I will take it though since we need more fighting games....

I would snatch this game up on the PC even if the reviews were bad....

# 42 ForeverVersatile @ 09/12/13 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
There's a good reason they haven't shown anything yet. Next gen doesn't come out for another two months and both GTA and the other bball game are marketing their current gen versions. No need for EA to get involved yet. Still plenty of time.

Watch dogs has about 2 or 3 different Next-Gen gameplay videos, The Division had that gameplay from E3, Ryse has some gameplay out (looks amazing), Dead Rising 3 has trailers and gameplay, so there are Next-Gen games showing. EA has no reason not to be something at this point. 2K is just being 2K with their Marketing.

# 43 btrapp @ 09/12/13 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
Competition. The games you listed don't have any competition coming out. NBA Live will be in direct competition with NBA 2k. Why would they tip their hand early?

I also find it very hypocritical that you say EA needs to release something, but "2k is just being 2k." This is how they get away with not fixing the same glaring issues every year.
What does competition have to do with ea not releasing screenshots and vids of their game? The Game comes out in about 2 months, showing a short gameplay video right now wouldn't be tipping there hand because it's too late in the development cycle for 2k to do anything about it. 2k has a built in excuse because they've got a current gen game to sell. EA has none.

# 44 lilkev0420 @ 09/12/13 01:21 PM
Kind Of Excited For Return of NBA Live

# 45 quehouston @ 09/12/13 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by btrapp
What does competition have to do with ea not releasing screenshots and vids of their game? The Game comes out in about 2 months, showing a short gameplay video right now wouldn't be tipping there hand because it's too late in the development cycle for 2k to do anything about it. 2k has a built in excuse because they've got a current gen game to sell. EA has none.
I think its fine that Live hasn't released any vids or screens. 2k has a current gen game, true. Thats probably why we haven't heard anything about 2k14 next gen. Even though Live isn't a current gen title, EA still has had other current gen titles that they recently had/have to market with Madden and FIFA. The FIFA demo JUST came out, so it makes sense for Live news to start rolling out.

# 46 Sundown @ 09/12/13 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
Competition. The games you listed don't have any competition coming out. NBA Live will be in direct competition with NBA 2k. Why would they tip their hand early?

I also find it very hypocritical that you say EA needs to release something, but "2k is just being 2k." This is how they get away with not fixing the same glaring issues every year.
Competition is WHY they should release something.

Especially given Live's track record and that 2K's released something that's more representative of gameplay months ago. They need to get ahead of the conversation before they get steamrolled by 2K in a few weeks-- which they appear to realize.

2K is not going to steal anything from Live at this point and there's no such thing as tipping your hand early this late in the dev cycle. Not actually having anything worthwhile to show is another problem altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
If your judgement is based on screen shots and marketing of features then NBA Elite should have been a great game.
Actually, Elite's screenshots weren't very good either.

# 47 Mintsa @ 09/12/13 03:59 PM
has anyone seen the new gameinformer that supposedly has some new Live screens to go along with madden ?

# 48 Mintsa @ 09/12/13 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
I have it. There are no new screens.
Oh ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

# 49 tharealcstylez @ 09/12/13 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa

yea those are madden next gen screens in the gameinformer bro

# 50 Abnormal101 @ 09/12/13 11:09 PM
Quote:

Actually there is new screenshots. I think you guys have the actual paper version of the magazine, I have a digital copy. The digital copy has three new screens of Irving dribbling in the same cavs uniform from the announcement trailer. I'm not sure how to post the shots. The full article of EA is very cool and I'm considering picking nba live because it seems that unlike 2k it's not going to just be a port to next gen. The screens are similar to the trailer, very impressed by the graphics and detail.

# 51 La Verite @ 09/13/13 07:21 AM
Never seen this much excitement for screenshots? Man, give me gameplay.

# 52 Da_Czar @ 09/13/13 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
Cant wait. I've got high hopes for Live. New gen = clean slate for me. Level playing field. Lets wait until we get our hands on it before we start counting them out. Lets also wait until we get our hands on 2k before we crown them king.
I have always said IMO the champ is the champ until they are beat. All ties goto the champ you want it you have to take it. If you force your comp to not release a game you get the benefit of the doubt LOL.

I believe live will release a very good game that will have flaws that show they just need more time to flesh the game out. Expect some very real improvements on the genre and some very real limitations of only working for a couple years.

We could have a situation where live is the best sim game but 2k is the better overall game.

I would expect 2k to win the animation war this year but live to edge them on controls but iive will probably lack depth in some animation and gameplay area's.

While at the same time live being stunningly accurate in things that matter to SIM gamers while others won't be able to get past what they don't do well to appreciate it fully.

That is how I see it playing out. Oh and because it will be descent and do a few things 2k doesn't live fans will incorrectly name it king because its actually descent.

# 53 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/13/13 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I have always said IMO the champ is the champ until they are beat. All ties goto the champ you want it you have to take it. If you force your comp to not release a game you get the benefit of the doubt LOL.

I believe live will release a very good game that will have flaws that show they just need more time to flesh the game out. Expect some very real improvements on the genre and some very real limitations of only working for a couple years.

We could have a situation where live is the best sim game but 2k is the better overall game.

I would expect 2k to win the animation war this year but live to edge them on controls but iive will probably lack depth in some animation and gameplay area's.

While at the same time live being stunningly accurate in things that matter to SIM gamers while others won't be able to get past what they don't do well to appreciate it fully.

That is how I see it playing out. Oh and because it will be descent and do a few things 2k doesn't live fans will incorrectly name it king because its actually descent.
U getting both ? What system

# 54 Da_Czar @ 09/13/13 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
U getting both ? What system
Yes, def getting both. PS4. I might have to get an xbox if we can't capture on ps4 with external equipment but my ps4 is paid for.

# 55 Mintsa @ 09/13/13 11:05 AM
Well, the title does say this week for this info. So I'm guessing it's coming today.....

Edit: Hopefully it's not more Kyrie Irving screens.....lets get some new players to take a look at.

# 56 Abnormal101 @ 09/13/13 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
They aren't new screens? They are screen caps from the trailer.
Actually they're not caps. If you look at the trailer, he's walking straight towards the screen and then faces the screen. These screen caps, he's looking at the floor and his legs are slightly spread instead of just being as if he's walking towards the screen. I know it's being picky and eventhough they're new screens, it's nothing new, but from what I can tell, they're not from the trailer.

# 57 Hadlowe @ 09/13/13 03:56 PM
Quote:
Well, the title does say this week for this info. So I'm guessing it's coming today.....

Edit: Hopefully it's not more Kyrie Irving screens.....lets get some new players to take a look at.
We only know of a few players that EA has done full scans on (mostly the guys that were at the Under Armour thing). Kyrie will have the best assets in the system and will look the most true to life, so I expect we will get some pics of Kyrie, maybe Lillard too.

Same will go for 2k14, though. The next gen trailer with lebron looked as good as it did because more assets were devoted to him. Victor Oladipo isn't going to have anywhere near the detail Lebron will in 2k14.

# 58 ForeverVersatile @ 09/13/13 04:42 PM
Well it's Friday and still no new screens. Hopefully some will pop up by 8:00pm

# 59 Brooke2011 @ 09/13/13 05:49 PM
Prob tomorrow.....still not the end of the week

# 60 MarvellousOne @ 09/13/13 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Prob tomorrow.....still not the end of the week
Well technically it is, you never really see any news on Saturday unless there was an event going on through the weekend. But since Friday marks the end of a work week and Sunday begins a new week...we are at the end of the week only day you have left is Saturday and unless EA is working overtime, don't expect any news to come tomorrow.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.