Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA SPORTS recently had a Twitter Q&A session with with Art Director Jean Adams and Producer Seann Graddy, as they answered questions about next-gen graphics and presentation.

Q&A:
The Buffalo Bills collars have been fixed.
https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/stat...20630732886016

The Washington Redskins 2013 home and away sleeve stripes have been fixed.
https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/stat...20834349588480

100's of new face scans have been added to the game.
https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/stat...21711927996416

Added new Riddell 360 helmet, popular facemasks + more.
https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/stat...22618577129473

Yes, all jerseys will be up-to-date.
https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/stat...23150121295872

Return to '13 camera + zoom.
https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/stat...23695309504512

Ignite allows realistic lighting & complex materials.
https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/stat...24235393236992

Fisher & Reid's mustaches look exquisite.
https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/stat...24964543655937

Issue of players celebrating facing the wrong way and disappearing into the crowd is fixed.
https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/stat...25228692520961

Coaches have headsets now.
https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/stat...25977350623232

Field degradation is more dynamic, including snow.
https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/stat...26373200633857

Progressive shadowing is in and will be more dynamic to show the passage of time.
https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/stat...27093727535105

Infinity is just one tool inside the Ignite suite.
https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/stat...27765432737792

Snow will cover the field in next-gen.
https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/stat...28136720936960

Clete Blakeman is new Head Ref for #Madden25.
https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/stat...28724544249856

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Kevin26385 @ 10/03/13 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
As far as the mods, it does help them out. They don't go through every thread and on page 28 of a 56 page thread someone calls someone out.

I understand what you are saying, when you say that while CG might not visit OS... all communities are still heard, it's still shallow outcome to make us "OS" feel that our opinion is not always heard.

I can't tell how frustrating it is that I've been asking for several years regarding penalties being called correctly and it feels like it's fallen on deaf ears, year after year. And I'm not the lone ranger in that category.

Thanks for being honest, Kevin, as I'm trying to be honest, too.

One of the most frustrating things as a OS poster for me, is when a GCer is here and asking for questions, we never see them again. They take our questions and we never hear from them again.

Wouldn't you agree it would foster a better relationship between the GCer community and a place like OS if the GCer came back and said, thanks for all your questions and feedback, they've been presented to the developers and I'll keep you informed to what happens.

It's the constant in and out with different GCers and this year only you have ventured in here, and I thank you for that.

Where is the continuity and the feedback?

If you take anything back to the GCers, please take back that paragraph above. I don't think there is anything worse than taking questions and not providing feedback to the audience at a later date.

Customer service should be supreme.

Thanks again for listening.
roadman - Great points. I think what you are talking about is bigger than just the EA SPORTS Game Changer group.

I always try to remind myself that EA SPORTS is really the only company that has a community program. They pioneered a program like this in the early 2000's and our group is now 50+ strong. Just know that we all try our best to represent as many opinions as possible when we travel down to the studio.

# 102 wordtobigbird @ 10/03/13 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
When your trying to replicate a sport you must have the basic rules to the game. They have been missing/broken in Madden this entire generation and NOTHING has been done to fix that because its been the same thing year in and year out. They have had all this time to fix it and did nothing. You cant talk about priorities taking over decisions when you dont have the basic rules of the sport in the game. What could possibly be higher on the priority list than that ? Sure its easier to add hand towels but they have had more than enough time to fix penalties and the challenge system.
Ding ding ding...

We are playing an NFL game with NO RULES and wonder why it isn't realistic.. lol. You can't watch an NFL game these days without getting annoyed by the number of penalties and they add ALOT to the game. Defensive holding and PI are some of the biggest plays in football that extend drives and change games and they never happen in madden, one isn't even in the game. You could slow the momentum of the WR every time and they would never call PI unless you hit stick him. My friend loves to bump me on deep balls to slow me down because he KNOWS they won't call it. Offensive pass interference is huge for physical WRs, I know I watch Roddy White and Julio do it every single game. Defenseless receiver and QB hit rules have CHANGED THE GAME and they are not in Madden. If we want the game to play realistically penalties MUST work properly...

# 103 Dogslax41 @ 10/03/13 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
When your trying to replicate a sport you must have the basic rules to the game. They have been missing/broken in Madden this entire generation and NOTHING has been done to fix that because its been the same thing year in and year out. They have had all this time to fix it and did nothing. You cant talk about priorities taking over decisions when you dont have the basic rules of the sport in the game. What could possibly be higher on the priority list than that ? Sure its easier to add hand towels but they have had more than enough time to fix penalties and the challenge system.
To be fair they have made strides in some significant areas. The problem is that such a monumental mistake was made at the beginning of this generation they have not been able to recover from it and spent the time fixing the problems they created rather than moving forward with the solid foundation they had (which is a shame because the Madden right before the current gen malfunction was the best ever). But the infinity is a solid start that needs some work but is headed in the right direction. The line play this year was a huge improvement in the right direction but still needs work. Connected careers is a good idea headed in the right direction but needs a lot of work.

They are putting things in but everyone needs to keep in mind how this gen started. I'm willing to give them a pass on the entire generation since they had to dig themselves out of a hole. But that grace period is rapidly ending moving into a new gen and watching the strides other sports games are making. They've had years to make up for their mistake now its time to execute. With gameplay sharing on the PS4 and Xbox the visibility this year is going to be huge and could go one of two ways.

I personally would love them to go the way of Konami with PES and revolutionize the game as I think this is what it is going to take to fix a majority of the legacy issues quickly, but realistically until the sales hit a certain falloff there is no reason to do that. It does appear that we may be getting close to that time if next gen doesn't show a huge win for Madden.

# 104 wordtobigbird @ 10/03/13 11:26 AM
And people can get as upset as they want about it but we almost could guarantee that if 2K was making a a football game AT LEAST the accessories would be on point, the attention to detail in nba 2k is impressive.

# 105 Cowboy008 @ 10/03/13 11:52 AM
Does anyone know when they will release the next batch of info? It would be great if they released something every week leading up to release.

# 106 adub88 @ 10/03/13 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Does anyone know when they will release the next batch of info? It would be great if they released something every week leading up to release.
It's looking like we'll get it over the next 4 weeks with True Step Locomotion the next feature

# 107 TwoHeadedDog @ 10/03/13 12:58 PM
A better Twitter question would have been: Why does FIFA look so real (on current and next gen) but not Madden?

# 108 loccdogg26 @ 10/03/13 01:20 PM
As a die hard Lions fan I hope they can differentiate between "white" and "silver". In Madden 25 current gen they have the Turkey Day uniform pants as well as 1997 Vintage pants as "white" when in real life they are "silver". All they have to do is look at Barry Sanders cover photo. However they have worn "white" pants before (circa 1950s).

Also on a side note I hope they show the Adidas players some love like update the cleats (even though they are few in number) RGIII, C.J. Spiller, Eric Barry etc.

# 109 michapop9 @ 10/03/13 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
I can tell you with 100% certainty that DB's DO NOT...and I repeat dO NOT get beat in man coverage on curl routes everytime...There is a coverage option in the game that locks that play up 9 outta 10 times. Its not something that is in the manual either...I was frustrated with the curl and hook routes too but when I was shown how to defense them the game has a new life.

Unfortunatley all too often people don't spend time trying to figure out something...Instead the minute they think something is unstoppable they claim and blame EA or the developer. Now...I agree it should not be rocket science to stop a simple curl or hook route but at the same time EA has all the tools in the game to play damn good defense. The problem for me is there is no time to make all the adjustments at the line so you really have to hone in on your opponents tendancies and pick your poison.
This swag is another part of a bigger problem, there are many who dont mess with sliders and investigate, very true. But there are many who do and part of the problem is ITS NOT IN THE MANUAL HOW TO DO IT!!!

First off you know theres something wrong when so many people are confused about whether a slider is backwards or not, or maybe it depends so heavily on another slider that it would effect one you just changed and get a completely different result than you thought. Theres no explanation or instruction given at the possible outcomes. Penalty sliders are a perfect example, they obviously effect gameplay and animations but whats written in the explanation? "adjust this slider higher for a higher chance of pass intereference being called on the defense" does it do that??? Not even remotely!!!!! does it make the defenders less aggressive on reacting to a pass?? Yes it does!

People have to find that out on there own when no instruction is given and who would of thought that would even come close to doing something like that? Soooo much time is wasted messing with things and not being able to enjoy a true franchise with straightforward sliders that do what they say they do (or at least what you think they say they do).

I dont know if things like this are put in the game because the thought is it might be fun to "investigate" or what, but ill tell you what, IM TIRED OF INVESTIGATING!!! IVE been doing it for about three years and Im sick of not finishing games because Im trying to figure out just exactly what a slider does!!!

I cant make it through a whole season!!! The only reason im playing this year is because an OSer named Khalib made an editor that enables you to change things inside a profile that you dont have an option to inside the game itself. Im finding alot of interesting things, but heres the thing, just like last year im not enjoying a franchise!!!!!! Im trying to figure out how to make mediocre unbalanced unrealisitic gameplay better!!!!!!!!! When sliders are confusing or dont do what they say they do than it just ends up being a frustrating experience!!!

I can already hear people say than just play and forget about sliders and enjoy whats given too you!!!! Ugggh........is there no hope?

# 110 ajk49er @ 10/03/13 03:11 PM
Legacy Issues were never fixed. Challenges we were never allowed to choose what we wanted to challenge. Penalties are flat out pointless in this game. there is no real connection between franchise and in game commentary beyond 1 line. no season totals for DB's, HB's ETC. Assisted Tackles, broken. Pancakes, broken. Sim Stats, broken and worse every year. CPU Management of rosters is worse than you would see in NBA Jam 99, which actually understood the concept of potential.

I really could go on for pages and pages and pages of stuff that not only gets ignored every year, but will likely remain the same 10 years from now while they continue to put in stuff like heat seeker.

that isn't even getting into that offline, CFM is flat out broken.

and we get excuses? and now excuses from consumers? how? how can you defend this anymore?

# 111 The_Balm @ 10/03/13 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
You didn't even get into the gameplay. How about the basics, like player movement. The fact that someone could come on here and actually say that people haven't provided constructive criticism and suggestions is amazing. Not only that, but why does a community have to provide basics about football?!!! How about how silly it looks when you dive at the QB, fold his body like a piece of paper, and the ball shoots out and goes incomplete. That is something i would expect on the Nintendo 64 it looks so bad. Or when you get around the edge, and you get that annoying dive tackle that takes your legs out, folds your back into to pieces and you go down like you were shot in the back with a shotgun. It amazes me that anyone can defend this crap.

I'm sorry, but enough is enough with this.
Was the new physics based dive tackles that important this year that they couldn't hold them out one more year? I am all for the idea of physics based dive tackles, but this is no different from the animation based way. You either miss the player, you tackle them or he breaks the tackle.

We don't have a gray area which is what you should get from having it be physics based. There's no he gets hit in that shoves him sideways slightly, but he keeps his balance. He can't jump out of the tackle. He can't high step out of a shoestring tackle.

I hope this is fixed in next gen because it's a great addition in theory, but it was not ready. All we have now is a regular animation, whiff or splat.

# 112 apollon42 @ 10/03/13 04:02 PM
The pancakes and assisted tackles are inexcusable.

# 113 infemous @ 10/03/13 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
The pancakes and assisted tackles are inexcusable.
All legacy issues are inexcusable.

# 114 Mhurricane266 @ 10/03/13 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
personally the only way I play Madden and all sports games is H2H online...So my exploration and ability to find out how to stop things is usually with a buddy and we will spend time just yhrowing routes that are difficult and finding the defenses that stop them or the series of pre-snap adjustments that stop the curl or corner route. I never play with sliders or manipulate them.

I don't think there is an easy answer to your dilemma but I do find it interesting when folks make blanket statements such as this or that route being unstoppable when I know for certain that the stetment is not true. Our divide is somewhere around how you enjoy the game and how I choose to enjoy it...For example...you enjoy franchise while I would never even waste a second on that mode or playing against the CPU. I'll mess around in practice mode but for the most part I rely on playing other gamers on my friends list who I know will give me a good realistic game. Good Luck bro and I hope NG does a better job for ya.
I hear you and I agree with you to an extent. But line up in a game run man to man on one controller with Revis or Sherman. On the other controller throw up a curl or an out route on either of them 10 times in a row.. Sherman or Revis will lose that battle 9 times out or 10. While its not impossible to stop the fact remains that is inexcusable from a gameplay standpoint..those are the type of things should'nt be a problem this late in the cycle.

# 115 BenGerman @ 10/03/13 05:36 PM
It sucks, because I'm really, really rooting for EA to pull out a great game here. With NCAA gone, and no other competition, this next Madden NEEDS to be great. Going into the new generation, if this one flounders like just about every other Madden title in the last seven years, it very well might mean that we are in for another generation of disappointment.

With that said, when I see the AP video where all the animations look almost identical to what we are seeing now, seeing developers tout how realistic the snow and Andy Reid's mustache are, and then seeing defensive remarks on the behalf of EA's staff, it's hard for me to feel good about the future of the game.

Basically, everything that was wrong with Madden in this generation still appears to be wrong with Madden in the next generation. I'll wait until more info drops before making too many assumptions, but as of right now, it doesn't look too good.

# 116 Ijeswannaknow @ 10/03/13 11:51 PM
1. Will there be any new pentalties in the game?
2. Will they have all and new accessories in right places? ExForearm bands, Elbow tape)
3. Will there be custom cameras?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.