Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

Losing NCAA Football hurts, but that loss can be mitigated by an excellent Madden.

There is no need to start this off with a lie.

The end of the NCAA Football franchise hurts.

People continually blasted the game with criticism after criticism, but negatives tend to speak louder than positives, especially in our genre. Most people weren’t fooled though: we were playing a pretty good college football game every year.

Instead of having the ability to transition into the next generation of consoles, NCAA Football has to hang up the cleats. At this point, there is some serious concern as to if there will ever be another college football game on the market again.

Read More - Ideas Madden Can Steal From NCAA Football

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jeremym480 @ 10/11/13 10:15 AM
I'd like to see Madden expand on the Coaching Carousel and give us the ability to hire our own Coordinators and Assistant Coaches.

Also I would like to see the Snap Shot feature that NCAA has had for 3-4 years now added to Madden. I still don't get why this isn't in..

# 2 rudyjuly2 @ 10/11/13 10:23 AM
The Madden team needs to go back to true difficulty levels like NCAA. No more global slider type of system. All sliders are 50 across the board for each difficulty as All Madden default has been far too easy the last two years. Then add the option of using separate difficulty levels for offence and defence.

Madden needs a true formation sub menu like NCAA.

Madden needs the player lock camera like NCAA.

Madden needs studio updates and highlight reels or impact players through the game.

Madden needs the RBA slider from NCAA and separate CPU/user special teams sliders which need to be accessed from the menu at any time in any mode.

# 3 T5063 @ 10/11/13 10:25 AM
- Coaching Carousel
- Coach Cards w/ stats and history on them
- ESPN overlays
- IN GAME SCORING UPDATES FROM OTHER GAMES!!

# 4 Greencollarbaseball @ 10/11/13 10:30 AM
I'd like to see madden get NCAA's play calling system, especially it's no huddle system. Its light years better than what's in madden now.

# 5 King_James @ 10/11/13 10:39 AM
I'd LOVE co-ordinator cam in the game....can't stand the other camera views....NCAA 14 has had the most time I've spent playing football since NCAA 2004 and co-ordinator cam had a big part in that....seeing the whole field is a must for me.

# 6 silver281gt @ 10/11/13 10:44 AM
Mine are pretty simple.

More in depth stats.
Sub packages
Better score highlights from other games

My biggest one is in CCM if we are supposed to be building or running an organization we should be able to hire all the staff spots in the org. All coachs, trainers, and staff.

# 7 jmurphy31 @ 10/11/13 10:56 AM
  • Ability to change Difficulty Levels for Both offense and Defense
  • some presentation elements
    • Some Stat Banners
    • When a player scores the montage with the players name scoring
    • Studio Updates
    • ESPN Ticker
  • Not Sure what its called, but when you are in the team selection menu before a game in Dynasty, they have a ton of stats you can look at right there. (History of both programs, results, team leaders, players to watch, etc)

# 8 silver281gt @ 10/11/13 11:02 AM
Reallistic injures. PLayers that are questionable, doutful or just plain out.
If you place a guy on IR you should have a spot open up.

# 9 Lakers24win @ 10/11/13 11:21 AM
Madden needs to really make there draft more in depth.. Add audio for all picks.. Have commentators give draft grades.. And analize the picks more.. Plus weekly wrap up shows in franchise mode.. And award predictions.. If they have a bigger team and more power because of next gen.. No reason why it shld not be attempted.

# 10 apollon42 @ 10/11/13 11:37 AM
Knee braces and long dreads.
http://h-o-dread-mfw.blogspot.com/2013/02/nfl-12-dread-news-week-21.html

# 11 kjcheezhead @ 10/11/13 11:59 AM
"The company won’t devote all of NCAA Football’s development budget toward Madden, but EA Sports would be a fool not to throw at least a modest upgrade of money and talent at its fellow football game. Though more money won’t equal more time, the extra funding could be used to increase the number of developers on Madden’s staff."

I don't follow. NCAA's development budget was in place because NCAA made x amount off the game. That revenue stream is gone. Why would EA drop an extra dime of development on Madden? Madden sales have been consistently between 5 and 5.5 million every year this whole generation. I don't see EA putting extra costs into Madden with little expected return in sales.

# 12 Dogslax41 @ 10/11/13 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
"The company won’t devote all of NCAA Football’s development budget toward Madden, but EA Sports would be a fool not to throw at least a modest upgrade of money and talent at its fellow football game. Though more money won’t equal more time, the extra funding could be used to increase the number of developers on Madden’s staff."

I don't follow. NCAA's development budget was in place because NCAA made x amount off the game. That revenue stream is gone. Why would EA drop an extra dime of development on Madden? Madden sales have been consistently between 5 and 5.5 million every year this whole generation. I don't see EA putting extra costs into Madden with little expected return in sales.
Agree. It's beyond unlikely that EA would chose to take any of the expenses from NCAA and just move them over to Madden. If they retain those employees then it will be to work on a new revenue stream, which could be in Madden, but that would mean another garbage microtransaction mode and not improvements to the game. If they retain them it would more than likely to be to work on an entirely new project.

Madden's sales have also taken a dip this year and the last thing you do in a consumer market when you see a dip is throw on more expenses to further erode your potential bottom line unless you know it will return those sales.

Add on top of that the NCAA series just cost them $40m and I am guessing suggesting shifting any expenses without guaranteed revenue is grounds for dismissal at EA right now.

Now what I could see them doing would be to take a couple that worked on specific parts of NCAA if they identify parts that are direct upgrades and say you have two weeks to transition what you did into Madden. We'll pay you as a contractor but at the end of this project you are gone. But again with EA I would imagine if they did that than any cost associated with that would be yanked from elsewhere in the Madden budget.

# 13 malky @ 10/11/13 12:46 PM
How about they start simple first, put Cpu vs Cpu and true coach mode into Madden, something NCAA never took out, SMDH

# 14 Mizzou24 @ 10/11/13 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
How about they start simple first, put Cpu vs Cpu and true coach mode into Madden, something NCAA never took out, SMDH
Yeah real coach mode would be nice that way a scrambling qb will actually scramble.. I can't play CPU with the sticks I destroy them no matter the difficulty and sliders so true coach mode is a necessity

# 15 apollon42 @ 10/11/13 01:37 PM
Steal Brad Nessler. He sounds really good in NCAA even if his lines have grown stale. He sounds a lot more fluid than whoever they had in Madden.

# 16 Bryzine21 @ 10/11/13 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball
I'd like to see madden get NCAA's play calling system, especially it's no huddle system. Its light years better than what's in madden now.
Amen. And it makes more sense that Madden would have that hurry up play call setup anyway since you can access all the plays and the NFL game has a wider variety of plays.

# 17 Bryzine21 @ 10/11/13 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
If you're starting a rookie QB, the crowd noise should affect him (complete with the squiggly lines)....
I hate those squiggly lines.

# 18 ncaa98 @ 10/11/13 02:32 PM
Weekly Schedules Screen has many options.
Both teams ratings/stats + you can play/sim individual games.

I wish Scouting was as quick and easy as recruiting.

Complete player editing during dynasty/franchise.

NCAA tracks all TEAM Conf./National titles and team W-L records forever.

# 19 Gotmadskillzson @ 10/11/13 02:48 PM
True coach mode and their highlight reel system. No forget that, I want Madden to steal NBA 2K highlight reel director's cut system. Director's cut is just plain awesome.

# 20 GaryT531 @ 10/11/13 02:54 PM
Coordinator camera

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.