Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Another next-gen Madden NFL 25 video has arrived, showing nothing but zoomed in footage from a simulation of tonight's match-up between the Indianapolis Colts vs. San Diego Chargers.

What are your thoughts?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Cold_Fries @ 10/14/13 03:40 PM
Man I wish 2k could take a crack at this! But buy the trial version of this lol

# 162 Dogslax41 @ 10/14/13 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Although I still have hope for Madden 15 and that it will be THE game that we've been waiting on, unless I see something very drastically different from Madden 25 next gen soon, I am officially OFF the hype train.

My expectations have gone from VERY high(E3), to lower(October footage before today), to this is underwhelming even to me now(after looking at this video a few times).

I'm not even sure I will get Madden 25 next gen now and I was planning on buying a Xbox One BECAUSE of Madden 25 next gen.

It's time to see results
I hope someone from EA sees this and your post history. No offense but you have defended Madden tooth and nail, I would say almost to a fault. To see this comment from you should make anyone start to think twice about their hang with em attitude toward EA. And if a company can lose support from some that was obviously as committed as you could have been to their product they need to think twice about their commitment to their audience.

# 163 Jet Sufferer @ 10/14/13 03:43 PM
Quote:
Although I still have hope for Madden 15 and that it will be THE game that we've been waiting on, unless I see something very drastically different from Madden 25 next gen soon, I am officially OFF the hype train.

My expectations have gone from VERY high(E3), to lower(October footage before today), to this is underwhelming even to me now(after looking at this video a few times).

I'm not even sure I will get Madden 25 next gen now and I was planning on buying a Xbox One BECAUSE of Madden 25 next gen.

It's time to see results

Welcome my son.

# 164 Archie56 @ 10/14/13 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold_Fries
Man I wish 2k could take a crack at this! But buy the trial version of this lol
2k football was awesome! That company all around just knows how to put out solid games. I know most people didn't like their MLB games but I still got alot of enjoyment out of them. They were decent games, but just could never seem to get over the hump to make them great. I really do hope that we can go back to the days where there wasn't exclusivity in the licenses. Competition is an amazing thing to have and it pushes developers to make their games better.

# 165 Archie56 @ 10/14/13 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
So where is the Audio coming from...the Presentor. Because that is FREAKING AWESOME!!!!! Please tell me that is in game and not a VO from the poster.
I believe it's just a VO from the guys over at ESPN since it's a monday night football thing. I do not think this is IN game.

# 166 RandyBass @ 10/14/13 03:51 PM
I thought the grass looked awesome.

# 167 jpdavis82 @ 10/14/13 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
So where is the Audio coming from...the Presentor. Because that is FREAKING AWESOME!!!!! Please tell me that is in game and not a VO from the poster.
Are you talking about the commentary by Trey Wingo or the in game audio? The commentary by Wingo is clearly just audio that was dubbed over, Madden did that with 13 and 25 in previous Madden sim videos.

# 168 Phobia @ 10/14/13 03:51 PM
I'll be honest, I feel everything by EA Sports is bad. I'm not saying any product by them is terrible and unplayable, but when you compare their products next to the video game industry not just the sports industry (which they would lose that individual battle also), you clearly see that they have lacked innovation for a long long time now.

All of EA Sports games move very similar. They port each of their "engines" from game to game. So the movement "weight and momentum" engine in FIFA will make its way to madden, then NBA Live, etc. None will be identical but they all have that same "feel". None of it truly feels like real human movement and all of it feels connected on rails to the playing surface.

In the most broad sense NBA Live, Madden, FIFA, NHL, Fight Night, and NCAA all have been failures. Sure they might have made incremental improvements throughout the years but none are worthy of a $60 dollar price tag each year. We pay it because we are devoted sports video game fans but that doesn't mean we should sugar coat the fact EA Sports lacks innovation BADLY!

Want to hear the marketing for Madden next year.

"All New True Step 2.0: Feel the difference between each player. Whether the nimble feet of Reggie Bush or the power of Trent Richardson, True Step 2.0 builds upon the award winning True Step motion technology."

"QB Vision: Mimicking the way a true quarterback sees the field. You get to experience it first hand yourself in our new and innovated QB Vision Cone"

All in all EA Sports better look to scrape the year in and year out of releases and focus on something truly innovative, because the world is starting to see them as a joke.

# 169 jpdavis82 @ 10/14/13 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
I thought the grass looked awesome.
Maybe that's what they mean by "Feel It"

"Next Gen Madden 25, grass you can feel"

# 170 EmmdotFrisk @ 10/14/13 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
I hope someone from EA sees this and your post history. No offense but you have defended Madden tooth and nail, I would say almost to a fault. To see this comment from you should make anyone start to think twice about their hang with em attitude toward EA. And if a company can lose support from some that was obviously as committed as you could have been to their product they need to think twice about their commitment to their audience.
JP always hits me up with the problems he is having on twitter, so at the very least, I am aware of his loss for hope.

# 171 TreyIM2 @ 10/14/13 03:54 PM
Wow. Best thing about that vid was the ESPN graphics integration, IF that's actually in the game. Otherwise, this looked really current gen which is a very bad thing. Only saving grace for me is that I'm not getting current gen Madden 25 cuz I'm waiting for the PS4 version so at the very least I'll get shiney happy graphics *sigh*

# 172 jpdavis82 @ 10/14/13 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
JP always hits me up with the problems he is having on twitter, so at the very least, I am aware of his loss for hope.
That's true, I have defended you guys for a long time, but based on what I'm seeing, or not seeing, I'm losing hope fast.

# 173 Jet Sufferer @ 10/14/13 03:59 PM
Quote:
Maybe that's what they mean by "Feel It"

"Next Gen Madden 25, grass you can feel"
Easy JP.

You have to ease into your new role.

Can't come right out and start mocking, take it slow at first, let it come natural.

# 174 UH53 @ 10/14/13 04:03 PM
Man... I waited for the Next Gen version to get this years Madden and I'm highly disappointed. I can see why everybody here has beef with this and EA's seems to be laughing all the way to the bank. No matter what issues we have, they know this is all we got. They can get our hopes up knowing that if we love football, like everybody here does, we'll probably be at Gamestop or the little kids that can ask their parents for the Next Gen Madden for Christmas. The bottom line for EA is money but little do they realize that pissing a fan base like the ones here on this forum will eventually come back to bite em in the a$$!

# 175 UH53 @ 10/14/13 04:05 PM
Oh yeah I sure hope you guys were impressed with those blades of grass!

# 176 The_Balm @ 10/14/13 04:10 PM
I know it's not fair to for me want graphics this good in next gen Madden yet. Madden does have some technical hurdles, more players, bigger stadiums, more complicated rules etc., but I want to feel this attention to detail and the across-the-board upgrades. Everything looks so much better, his hands, the ball, the arm sleeve, his facial hair, it's amazing.

View it as large as you can and try not to cry.

# 177 Gronk4M13 @ 10/14/13 04:14 PM
Barely looks any better than current gen IMO. Better graphics is all I see.

# 178 alabamarob @ 10/14/13 04:14 PM
hahahahahahahahahaha. classic video. Enough said.

# 179 dubplate @ 10/14/13 04:15 PM
I've been staying positive, but after that video I think I'll be canceling my preorder as it only looks like the graphics have been updated but the gameplay, which has grown repetitive and lackluster for me recently, sadly has not.

# 180 Herschie @ 10/14/13 04:16 PM
This game still looks cartoonish. I was really hoping that I would have a hard time telling if it were a real football game or a video game. As it is, I have trouble distinguishing "MLB 13: The Show" from a real game because every detail is there, and the animations are solid.

Another thing I don't buy is where some guy from EA said that they needed more power to make the game play realistically. Basically, the next-gen allowed for more calculations that weren't available on the current gen. Oh really? Is that why games like Madden '05 on the Gamecube offered us a much more realistic game?

I understand that it's getting to the point where the human eye can't tell the difference, but they can do better than this.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.