Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

It was reported on the EA Sports NBA Live Facebook Page that we will finally get our first glimpses of 5-on-5 gameplay this Friday. For now, here's a quick teaser.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 iverson_2k @ 10/16/13 07:37 PM
What's the point of releasing this video anyways? I would have rather just waited till Friday to see the full 5 vs 5 than this. This was a bad marketing move. Everyone is just bashing the trailer and complaining on the graphics and movement. EA should have known this looks bad. I don't understand their logic. quality>quantity.

# 42 Playboy™ @ 10/16/13 07:38 PM
live still cant fix those hunchback players. im starting to think who ever does the mocapping for live has a hunchback.

# 43 tsbmolina @ 10/16/13 07:40 PM
Am I the only one that noticed the ball stopped spinning as soon as it went through the hoop, lol. Just pack it up EA it's over. I always wondered what it would be like to witness your own burial.

# 44 Optik @ 10/16/13 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
That looked ugly. To the people saying, "this must be an early build," why would you think that?
They think (or hope) that when EA uses the phrase "early build", it actually means the same thing as when 2K uses it.

# 45 yaboythecib @ 10/16/13 07:44 PM
u got to look at it...first glimpse yea u would say it bad.....but after a few time it doesn't look bad at alll.....player models look a little odd but the movement look really gd the pick & roll was played perfectly and L.A stayed on goasol when he rolled... and nash didn't get a lay up...but he did get a high percentage floater....u just got to keep looking at it... it such a quick glimpse everything look weird first look.....

# 46 iverson_2k @ 10/16/13 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
Am I the only one that noticed the ball stopped spinning as soon as it went through the hoop, lol. Just pack it up EA it's over. I always wondered what it would be like to witness your own burial.
I just saw went back and saw that. Wow. Talk about real-time physics with the ball. Well at 8AM PST tomorrow we will get our eyes on the 2k next-gen trailer. Friday still can't come fast enough.

# 47 TheHypeMachine6 @ 10/16/13 07:49 PM
If this is in fact an "early build" then when will we see a final build? I've been following Live 14 for months now & to be honest I'm concerned that it won't make the grade this year, maybe we have expected too much too soon, but I'll wait till tomorrow to review what I see

# 48 joewink23 @ 10/16/13 07:50 PM
This is an amalgamation of current gen players on next gen courts right? Nash looks incredibly life (alien) like though...

Ronnie2k is sitting somewhere smoking a cigar laughing with his chair turned away from the screen.

# 49 bigeastbumrush @ 10/16/13 07:51 PM
Man.

I'm grateful that they released something.

But man. Lillard's reaction/recovery from getting screened is atrocious.

Live- I'm gonna let y'all finish but damn. Scott O'Gallagher's gonna have to explain this.

# 50 tsbmolina @ 10/16/13 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboythecib
u got to look at it...first glimpse yea u would say it bad.....but after a few time it doesn't look bad at alll.....player models look a little odd but the movement look really gd the pick & roll was played perfectly and L.A stayed on goasol when he rolled... and nash didn't get a lay up...but he did get a high percentage floater....u just got to keep looking at it... it such a quick glimpse everything look weird first look.....
Hahaha, your funny. The more I look at it the worse. Is Nash straight out of college in this game he looks to be in his 20's? NBA Live 10's graphics were better and don't even get me started on the Hunchback Of Notre Dame player models.

# 51 grodbetatted @ 10/16/13 07:51 PM
As of right now I'm not with it so hopefully Friday shows better

# 52 Artman22 @ 10/16/13 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextlevelshhhh
They might have used a slow mo effect for the trailer...we just got to wait until Friday to see
Regardless, it looked bad and didn't look next gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 53 radatdude2 @ 10/16/13 07:52 PM
Credit given for at least trying, but its up to everyone to determine if it's good enough. That clip alone shows me all I need to know and no I haven't played the game but I don't think I need to not a good look smh EA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

# 54 I Djm @ 10/16/13 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Man.

I'm grateful that they released something.

But man. Lillard's reaction/recovery from getting screened is atrocious.

Live- I'm gonna let y'all finish but damn. Scott O'Gallagher's gonna have to explain this.
it looked like he didn't even get screened. no way you walk like that after a screen you're running to make a play or rotate or something

# 55 nick_sr @ 10/16/13 07:54 PM
lol. hate pollutes the mind

# 56 cavs25 @ 10/16/13 07:56 PM
Ugh those player models........

# 57 PAPERNUT @ 10/16/13 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
That looked ugly. To the people saying, "this must be an early build," why would you think that? They've waited all this time to show us something so why would the first taste of gameplay be from a build month's ago? What sense would that make? Even if it was and they said this is from an early build it would be counterproductive because anyone who just watches it wouldn't know or care it's from an early build. Anytime EA puts out something ugly we get the "it must have been from an early build" excuses. The game is a month away from release. They aren't going to put out a video now of a build from 3 months ago.
Agreed. They also said they would not show anything till it is ready. I have to see more to pass judgement, but Nash's movement made me think of older Live games being on rails as it was just stiff and similar to the recently released Madden footage. Not feeling too good about Ignite at this point as it is starting to seem like a porting tool more than anything else. On to Friday...

# 58 jaateloauto @ 10/16/13 07:57 PM
Wow what is the defense doing on that play?

Hopefully what we'll see Friday will be more convincing than this. Not expecting Live to come close to 2K in the first year but that clip is brutal.

# 59 I Djm @ 10/16/13 07:58 PM
it is what it is til friday i suppose

# 60 TheHypeMachine6 @ 10/16/13 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboythecib
I've watched the clip 10x and it hasn't got any better, Steve Nash doesn't look like his real life model from 0:01, the strange skating/sliding as he throws up the runner, and the robotic jerky movements of the help defense Aldridge & Lopez. Tough to defend the completely obvious

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.