Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has shipped NBA Live 14 today. Please play a few games and post your impressions here. As always, we'd like to see how the community feels about the game.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1661 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/03/14 05:01 PM
One thing I'm loving is that my CPU controlled players don't leave their man for now reason. It still has it's flawes, but it's nice knowing I can play the ball without a defender being left open for no reason.

# 1662 The 24th Letter @ 02/03/14 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
One thing I'm loving is that my CPU controlled players don't leave their man for now reason. It still has it's flawes, but it's nice knowing I can play the ball without a defender being left open for no reason.

Definitely. It's because they're not over helping. The defensive rotations in general are very nice....among some of the best I have seen in a video game.

Where things go bad is when the ball handler gets to the help defense. Too often the penetrator will force field his way through a big, the animations won't connect at all, or the big man will awkwardly be knocked down.

Combine this with the overall lack of defense down in the post and defense gets frustrating....when it could be one of the most satisfying parts of this game with the wealth of options you have...

If they do not add one more 'new' animation to this game I would be fine. Just tweak how they interact with one another and I am a happy camper this year...

# 1663 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/03/14 06:56 PM
They definitely need to throw in another animation or figure out a way for the current animation to connect. The force field or whatever they want to call it, is making the help defense non existent. The hop step or euro step makes that force field magnified by 1000.

# 1664 NimaAkaJoJo @ 02/03/14 08:43 PM
I saw my first behind the back pass today, Parker to Duncan, will upload it soon. Anybody else seen some?

# 1665 The 24th Letter @ 02/03/14 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NimaAkaJoJo
I saw my first behind the back pass today, Parker to Duncan, will upload it soon. Anybody else seen some?

I did one with Nate Archibald in UT....I didn't upload it because Dwight couldn't finish it, lol

# 1666 shutdown10 @ 02/04/14 03:48 PM
Started to play Live 14 again, and it fills like the game got a little worse with the recent updates. Alot of us complain about the competition's online issues, but this game has a serious online lag issue. Not many people are on Live's servers so they should not be experiencing these issues IMO. Last they continue to lie about their rosters being updated every hour. Played with Knicks last night and Tyson Chandler is still on IR. He has been playing the last three weeks and they still have him injured in the game. Their main focus right now should be making Live 15 respectable. Live 14 should be kept simple if the big patch does not come out by the end of this month because the game already has a tainted label. The patch should have been out since last month, so people who bought and supported the game could have gotten the most out this year of Live's cycle.

# 1667 mlp111 @ 02/04/14 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
Started to play Live 14 again, and it fills like the game got a little worse with the recent updates. Alot of us complain about the competition's online issues, but this game has a serious online lag issue. Not many people are on Live's servers so they should not be experiencing these issues IMO. Last they continue to lie about their rosters being updated every hour. Played with Knicks last night and Tyson Chandler is still on IR. He has been playing the last three weeks and they still have him injured in the game. Their main focus right now should be making Live 15 respectable. Live 14 should be kept simple if the big patch does not come out by the end of this month because the game already has a tainted label. The patch should have been out since last month, so people who bought and supported the game could have gotten the most out this year of Live's cycle.
i have to agree, game is unplayable for me until major patch releases

# 1668 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/04/14 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
i have to agree, game is unplayable for me until major patch releases
I can understand your issues with the game, I know it has them. But after seeing your post history why are you still attempting to play it. You've said one good thing about the game and that was in regard to a photo of a player.

I'm not bashing you at all here, but why continue showing your displeasure with a game over and over? If it was me and I've done this with games like COD, I would just stop going in that forum and move on. I didn't feel like wasting my time coming in and stating that same thing.

I think 99% here can agree that the game has issues, but why keep saying the same thing? Again, I'm not bashing you at all, I'm just curious.

# 1669 pdawg17 @ 02/04/14 06:16 PM
I feel like there was a "spurt" of good adjustments made to this game but then over the last 2 weeks or so little to nothing has been improved. Maybe EA wants the patch to hit before making any more adjustments as the patch may alter how these small changes impact the game...

# 1670 DonWuan @ 02/04/14 07:00 PM
I'm not getting completely killed with low post defense. And it doesn't always result in a block. CPU players are missing shots with good defense.

Most of my pip are from 2nd chance points now. It's still automatic 2 hand slam with offensive rebounds.

Still waiting for patch though.

I could make this game legit with slider and roster's. Just thinking about it pisses me off a little.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk

# 1671 The 24th Letter @ 02/04/14 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
I can understand your issues with the game, I know it has them. But after seeing your post history why are you still attempting to play it. You've said one good thing about the game and that was in regard to a photo of a player.

I'm not bashing you at all here, but why continue showing your displeasure with a game over and over? If it was me and I've done this with games like COD, I would just stop going in that forum and move on. I didn't feel like wasting my time coming in and stating that same thing.

I think 99% here can agree that the game has issues, but why keep saying the same thing? Again, I'm not bashing you at all, I'm just curious.

Don't want to answer for him, but I don't know if you missed this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
The more I play this game the more i'm drawn into it...
Some things just get to you after a while...and if he's anything like some others here, he wants to like the game....there are just some things that keep you from fully enjoying the experience. Add the fact we have no patch information...it's kind've changes some tones..

# 1672 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/04/14 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Don't want to answer for him, but I don't know if you missed this:

Some things just get to you after a while...and if he's anything like some others here, he wants to like the game....there are just some things that keep you from fully enjoying the experience. Add the fact we have no patch information...it's kind've changes some tones..
Makes sense and I didn't see those. Like I said please understand I wasn't bashing or implying anything. I was just trying to understand.

I think we're all waiting, hoping for a patch or some kind of news about it. Half way though the season and not hearing anything is really a slap in the face to the few consumers that have purchased 14.

mlp, please accept my apologies.

# 1673 shutdown10 @ 02/04/14 07:54 PM
Don't want to continue harping about this issue, but I just don't buy their excuse for not upgrading the visuals for Live 14 on the next gen consoles. Here is a sneak peak of MLB the Show 14 on PS3. These visuals on a current gen system puts Live 14 to shame. I touched on other issues during my impressions, but this one nags me a bit more when I compares Live's visuals to my PS3 games. They need to improve this for Live 15.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WE3Q4rmfQc#t=39

# 1674 DonWuan @ 02/05/14 02:17 AM
Quote:
Don't want to continue harping about this issue, but I just don't buy their excuse for not upgrading the visuals for Live 14 on the next gen consoles. Here is a sneak peak of MLB the Show 14 on PS3. These visuals on a current gen system puts Live 14 to shame. I touched on other issues during my impressions, but this one nags me a bit more when I compares Live's visuals to my PS3 games. They need to improve this for Live 15.

This will come off like an excuse but MLB the show is a 1st party title. Better comparison would be Cod, bf4, assassin creed etc but it's still the worse next Gen title to date graphically.

I think the first fifa game on vita looks better than Live.

# 1675 El_Poopador @ 02/05/14 07:54 AM
Quote:

im not saying that lives visuals shouldnt improve but this isnt a fair comparison for a few reasons. one like donwuan said the show is a first party game where the team has a complete understanding of the system they are working with. live is a third party title on a new system so they have little experience with it.

second there is much less happening in baseball vs basketball so its much easier to focus on visuals. there is nowhere close to as much player interaction so almost everything is 100% animation based which will always *look* better.

third and this ties in with number one but the video you showed was on ps3 where scea has been making the game for years so they have had ample time to tweak the graphics from year to year. they also had a completely solid foundation from year to year to build from as opposed to live building with almost nothing since live 10 and in less than two years.

again im not saying that live doesnt need to get better overall but holding it up against the best looking sports game from year to year is just unfair.

# 1676 shutdown10 @ 02/05/14 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
This will come off like an excuse but MLB the show is a 1st party title. Better comparison would be Cod, bf4, assassin creed etc but it's still the worse next Gen title to date graphically.

I think the first fifa game on vita looks better than Live.

They don't deserve that excuse anymore. Gaming for consumers is getting more costly, so this preparation should have been handled on their part. We now have to pay to play online every year on both consoles now. If Live 15 does not live up to expectations, will there be another excuse for them?

# 1677 shutdown10 @ 02/05/14 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
im not saying that lives visuals shouldnt improve but this isnt a fair comparison for a few reasons. one like donwuan said the show is a first party game where the team has a complete understanding of the system they are working with. live is a third party title on a new system so they have little experience with it.

second there is much less happening in baseball vs basketball so its much easier to focus on visuals. there is nowhere close to as much player interaction so almost everything is 100% animation based which will always *look* better.

third and this ties in with number one but the video you showed was on ps3 where scea has been making the game for years so they have had ample time to tweak the graphics from year to year. they also had a completely solid foundation from year to year to build from as opposed to live building with almost nothing since live 10 and in less than two years.

again im not saying that live doesnt need to get better overall but holding it up against the best looking sports game from year to year is just unfair.
Those excuses have run out for them. That is why promises were made to improve the visuals soon because they were blasted by very popular review sources. Those sources were taken seriously and have effected their profits. Their nine lives have been up since their cancellations of Elite 11 and Live 13. They have no more excuses. By the way if you pay attention to Live 14 you will see that they have taken things from past Live games like animations, sounds, and some commentary. If you own past Live games you will notice that they have taken things from those past games to implement into Live 14. Live 14 is not built from the ground up, so please don't believe that lie from them. If the game was truly built from the grown up, then I would have probably given them an excuse. I own a long library of Live games and I see alot of the same animations, sounds, and same commentary used from Elite 11 because I'm one of the people who got their hands on that game.

# 1678 El_Poopador @ 02/05/14 09:41 AM
Quote:
Those excuses have run out for them. That is why promises were made to improve the visuals soon because they were blasted by very popular review sources. Those sources were taken seriously and have effected their profits. Their nine lives have been up since their cancellations of Elite 11 and Live 13. They have no more excuses. By the way if you pay attention to Live 14 you will see that they have taken things from past Live games like animations, sounds, and some commentary. If you own past Live games you will notice that they have taken things from those past games to implement into Live 14. Live 14 is not built from the ground up, so please don't believe that lie from them. If the game was truly built from the grown up, then I would have probably given them an excuse. I own a long library of Live games and I see alot of the same animations, sounds, and same commentary used from Elite 11 because I'm one of the people who got their hands on that game.
im not saying it was built from the ground up. im saying that they havent been working on it and building it up from year to year. live 14 looks similar to live 10 but it definitely does not play or control the same. again i am in no way saying that we shouldnt expect more next year but to compare it to a long-running polished game like the show is not a fair comparison.

# 1679 shutdown10 @ 02/05/14 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
im not saying it was built from the ground up. im saying that they havent been working on it and building it up from year to year. live 14 looks similar to live 10 but it definitely does not play or control the same. again i am in no way saying that we shouldnt expect more next year but to compare it to a long-running polished game like the show is not a fair comparison.

I wouldn't say that it's similar to Live 10 after playing it for a while now. I see animations form Live 10, but those same animations were in there since Live 08. They took animations, sound, and commentary from Elite 11. From the bouncing of the ball, the sound of the rim when the ball goes in or misses, some of the conversations from Mike Breen and Jeff Van Gundy, and how the players move around the court. You can say that I'm being a little unfair by using MLB the show, but Live used lots of things from those canceled games to apply to Live 14. It's new to most because those games were not released to be sold. I got a opportunity to play the full copy of Elite 11, and I saw alot of stuff taken from that game. With the way everything played out I can finally say that EA used this game as an experiment and we were all the test subjects.

# 1680 Mikesthyme @ 02/05/14 10:43 AM
Wow, I still have my copy of NBA LIVE 10, havent played it in a while but taking from something that works in one title and putting it in another should'nt be a bad thing.. What I did notice (non gameplay related) is that the fans are not following the action up and down the court.. if you notice they just seem to be starring at the center of the court.. they should put fan ball tracking make it a little more realistic.. just to name one.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.