Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

FIFA 14 has arrived for next-gen consoles, and the promise of new tech and a fresh start is a welcome sight for many players. We previously reviewed the current-gen versions of the game on this site, but I thought it would be good to give some quick impressions on what I'm thinking about the next-version.

I was fortunate enough to play the game back at E3, and I really liked the promise of what I saw. There was a crispness and fluidity in how the action unfolded that created a bit more pace without actually speeding up the action. I think a lot of this has to do with the improved framerate and animation fidelity, but the improved shot release and altered momentum seems to be a benefit as well.

Read More - FIFA Soccer 14: First Impressions (XB1)

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Dazraz @ 11/23/13 09:57 AM
The lack of Tournaments is a real blow for me. It's the only Game Mode I ever played. EA say that they dropped it as they wanted to prioritize their efforts on the other modes but honestly, how difficult would it have been to port over the Tournament mode from Current Gen.

# 2 Fedor_52 @ 11/23/13 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
The lack of Tournaments is a real blow for me. It's the only Game Mode I ever played. EA say that they dropped it as they wanted to prioritize their efforts on the other modes but honestly, how difficult would it have been to port over the Tournament mode from Current Gen.
pretty sure it has to do with the world cup in brazil this sommer, they will release a world cup game for 60$ with basically the same gameplay, but it will be the only way to play the tournament, typical EA

# 3 geisterhome @ 11/23/13 02:22 PM
needs to keep improving and then maybe next year ill consider purchasing it

# 4 HenryClay1844 @ 11/23/13 02:41 PM
EA are lucky the other sports games (outside of NBA2k of course) are so poor. Their effort shows that they only do just enough to get their regular cash flow, and no more.

# 5 drunkenferret @ 11/23/13 02:44 PM
I think the upgrade is outstanding, but I also only play CM. The improved AI/CPU intelligence shows up and makes a difference from the current gen version of the game.

# 6 ItsOrangeBaby @ 11/23/13 03:38 PM
I could not get into a pick up game with more than one or two other players yet, but I had a good experience from the little I played offline so far.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

# 7 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/23/13 03:39 PM
How are the penalties? I've only played the demos.

# 8 drunkenferret @ 11/23/13 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
How are the penalties? I've only played the demos.
Got one in my first CM match against Man City...my player got manhandled in the box going up for a ball...haven't played enough to see if we'll get a realistic count, but it was the most realistic penalty call I've seen so far in either CG or NG platforms.

# 9 IowaAJ @ 11/23/13 06:41 PM
This game really feels good this year. I love how my guys move into positions to make plays on offense. I get the ball in the middle of the defense and players are making runs at the correct time. The game is also a lot more physical I like the battles for a loose ball. I only played 2 games so far but I've been impressed with the game.

# 10 Flightwhite24 @ 11/23/13 11:58 PM
Snagged this from Best Buy tonight. Can't wait to install and fire this up

Sent from my iPhone

# 11 statum71 @ 11/24/13 12:22 AM
No tournament mode???

Aww man. This just let me down big time. That's the only mode I play. (

Is there any multi player mode at all? Is career mode still single player only?

# 12 Dazraz @ 11/24/13 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
No tournament mode???

Aww man. This just let me down big time. That's the only mode I play. (

Is there any multi player mode at all? Is career mode still single player only?
No Offline Multiplayer mode other than Quick Game.

# 13 facu23 @ 11/24/13 05:19 PM
Like current gen with god graphics.

# 14 drjohnnyboy @ 11/24/13 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor_52
pretty sure it has to do with the world cup in brazil this sommer, they will release a world cup game for 60$ with basically the same gameplay, but it will be the only way to play the tournament, typical EA
While this has been true at times in the past, I personally found both Euro 2008 and WC 2010 to play much differently (and better) than both Fifa 2008 and 2010

# 15 laxman490 @ 11/24/13 10:26 PM
i dont know if this is new or not, but i played one of the games of the week in the saudi league and the keepers were wearing pants!

# 16 NightmareBooster @ 11/25/13 08:51 AM
I'm enjoying it quite a bit. A lot of people say it's the same as CG just with better graphics, but I have to disagree. While it has many (if not all) of the same issues as the CG version, the gameplay definitely feels different. The increased number of animations makes movement more fluid in addition to aesthetically pleasing. The first few games I played felt like my first few games on CG where I had to adjust to the game handling differently than I was used to, which to me is enough of an indication that it's not exactly the same.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.