Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

I just fired up Madden NFL 25 (PS4) and noticed a patch was downloaded.

Looking at the update history, it shows Version 1.04 - Minor stability and bug fixes. I've reached out to EA Sports for more details on what was patched in this update.

UPDATE: I've heard from some users that have mentioned it is available now for the Xbox One as well.

UPDATE #2: Here are the Madden NFL 25 title update #3 details.

GENERAL UPDATES
  • Improved stability in all game modes
  • Various stability improvements for CoachGlass and SmartGlass
GAMEPLAY
  • Fixed an issue where special moves on kick returners were over-effective
  • Tuned precision stiff arm behavior
  • Fixed an issue with heat seeker not working properly
  • Tuned knockout chances to improve catch rates in tight coverage
MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM
  • Fixed an issue where the MUT friends list displayed incorrectly
PRESENTATION
  • Fixed a bug where Roger Goodell's suit was displayed incorrectly during the Vince Lombardi trophy presentation
  • Fixed an issue where vignettes displayed a black screen when loading into a Head-to-Head game, OTP, and MUT Head-to-Head game.
Are you seeing any differences?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Moegames @ 02/07/14 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTS_AJ
I wasn't on your case at all. As you can imagine though, there is a lot of hyperbole when it comes to people's feedback because everyone plays the game differently. People then tend to believe that their isolated experience is the consensus of the whole. I'm not saying you have or are doing that, but that is why I say statements like "typical Tiburon" or whatever followed by "SMH" don't really do any good and sort of fall into trolly sounding behavior.

I haven't been a CM for Madden for as long as you've probably been writing about it, so please don't assume that because you wrote something on an OS blog that everyone has seen it. I am very interested in your opinions and feedback and would be glad to check it out.

I won't patronize you -- as I never want to do -- but it seems a little unfair to scold me for offering to deliver your feedback only to be told you don't want to hear that.
truth! - well said!

# 62 jada855 @ 02/07/14 06:22 PM
I am crossing fingers that this update fixes the bulky and regular ankle tape broken graphics issue!

# 63 jaynral @ 02/07/14 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I will if you guys will listen...

CBs do not look for the ball. Too many times they have good coverage but are lookinng wrong way and have no awareness to where the ball is. That's not right for CBs with good awareness and etc.

If a MLB nails a little WR on a slant. He should drop it.

Their needs to be secondary awareness. It needs adjusted, that would fix most issues. If they played the ball and put a hand out to swat it or keep WR from making the catch. They should get in position to make a swatted ball rather than mirror the WR route and just be in the way
I totally agree, the knockouts is what kinda kept QB completion to some standard...Now every QB is going to have plus 80%...I think the problem is that Madden simply does not have alot of different animations. its either 1-4 outcomes and thats it....Thats terrible and now is offensive, boring but offense and high scores sells games...whatever!.....I do say this, this next madden on Xbox1/PS4 will tell alot for the future..Will it be the best madden ever with every detail covered or the same BS..we will see

# 64 jaynral @ 02/07/14 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
Can we also fix the pursuit angles? I mean outside runs are ridiculous.. When a lb or safety stops and just let's the dude go by him something is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This a MAJOR problem because running outside is the HARDEST play to do in the NFL....

# 65 BlackBetty15 @ 02/07/14 09:21 PM
The problem I fear isnt you EASPORTS_AJ. The problem is your boss or madden lead designer. I believe you have the best intentions by far brother, heck I would buy you a beer any day. (Good beer too, not the barbaric beer young kids subject their palates too these days!) However your boss takes it into his hands on what HE feels should be added and coded into the game and that is compete poop. I think somewhere on this forum we had a MOD leave OS to be in NCAA or something like that. (incorrect, no mod left to work on Madden) I think his name was. After he was let go he went into GREAT detail as did Ian Cummings on how your boss ruins this game to make it more mainstream which is bad business. I am not saying he owes us anything. The guy gets paid to make a football game...period. Whether good or bad the result is always gonna be ,"if it nets EA a solid profit in the millions, who cares if its actually a great football product" Now you dont have to say anything AJ...I am not asking you to. I play this game because its fun and in some ways it immerses me into being a GM quite nicely. However to say your boss cares about football and madden to the point he wants that reflected in the Madden series is completely not true.

1.Penalties - I haven't seen penalties accuratley portrayed in YEARS! Like going on 7 years. OFF/DEF PI is non existent as is intentional grounding, late hits, horse collar ext...You guys have had ample time and yet still.
2. Special Teams - Punt Blocks and field goal blocks? How about high snaps and miskicks? Field goals are not hard what so ever and its kinda sad special teams arent even a tense situation.
3. Mistakes - True over/under throws, bad snaps, high over-the-head snaps out of shotgun, and noise created mistakes with bad routes and what not...again not even a issue. Ask denver and SF if its an issue playing seattle.
4. WR/DB interaction- no real interaction happens and has NEVER happened. There is not actual deflection like sherman against crabtree, or even a true battle going on. I dont know if you guys just dont know how to do it, or you have fat people mocaping this but its totally a bad experience as it stands right now.
5. CCM - As an owner I cant fire coaches mid season, edit draft classes, or even have the option of having Def/Off/ST coordinators. I do like what you guys ahve and I realize its year one so this year is a freebie, but just so you guys know whats expected!
6. Sliders - This frustrates the masses as some sliders are simply broken and or cause other sliders to freaking go bonkers. Some are backwards!!!! LOL Really?

Like I said I play this game out of enjoyment. But your boss is sadly mistaken if he puts his head down at night and says madden plays a wonderful game of SIM football. The lack of penalties and the WR/DB interaction REALLY make me mad sometimes. But as I said AJ, I have to believe there are people on the Madden staff that KNOW these are issues and want these fixed. Your boss is the problem however.

# 66 charter04 @ 02/07/14 09:23 PM
I've actually played the game since the patch so this is not just guessing like some are doing. Lol the game play good to me. I actually saw more swats by the DB's. Int's weren't a problem. CPU had one. I had two. One was a bad read. The other was cause by a wrong button push.

I don't have trouble stoping out side runs but, the lbs need to do a better job in pursuit.

# 67 charter04 @ 02/07/14 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
The problem I fear isnt you EASPORTS_AJ. The problem is your boss or madden lead designer. I believe you have the best intentions by far brother, heck I would buy you a beer any day. (Good beer too, not the barbaric beer young kids subject their palates too these days!) However your boss takes it into his hands on what HE feels should be added and coded into the game and that is compete poop. I think somewhere on this forum we had a MOD leave OS to be in NCAA or something like that. (incorrect, no mod left to work on Madden) I think his name was. After he was let go he went into GREAT detail as did Ian Cummings on how your boss ruins this game to make it more mainstream which is bad business. I am not saying he owes us anything. The guy gets paid to make a football game...period. Whether good or bad the result is always gonna be ,"if it nets EA a solid profit in the millions, who cares if its actually a great football product" Now you dont have to say anything AJ...I am not asking you to. I play this game because its fun and in some ways it immerses me into being a GM quite nicely. However to say your boss cares about football and madden to the point he wants that reflected in the Madden series is completely not true.

1.Penalties - I haven't seen penalties accuratley portrayed in YEARS! Like going on 7 years. OFF/DEF PI is non existent as is intentional grounding, late hits, horse collar ext...You guys have had ample time and yet still.
2. Special Teams - Punt Blocks and field goal blocks? How about high snaps and miskicks? Field goals are not hard what so ever and its kinda sad special teams arent even a tense situation.
3. Mistakes - True over/under throws, bad snaps, high over-the-head snaps out of shotgun, and noise created mistakes with bad routes and what not...again not even a issue. Ask denver and SF if its an issue playing seattle.
4. WR/DB interaction- no real interaction happens and has NEVER happened. There is not actual deflection like sherman against crabtree, or even a true battle going on. I dont know if you guys just dont know how to do it, or you have fat people mocaping this but its totally a bad experience as it stands right now.
5. CCM - As an owner I cant fire coaches mid season, edit draft classes, or even have the option of having Def/Off/ST coordinators. I do like what you guys ahve and I realize its year one so this year is a freebie, but just so you guys know whats expected!
6. Sliders - This frustrates the masses as some sliders are simply broken and or cause other sliders to freaking go bonkers. Some are backwards!!!! LOL Really?

Like I said I play this game out of enjoyment. But your boss is sadly mistaken if he puts his head down at night and says madden plays a wonderful game of SIM football. The lack of penalties and the WR/DB interaction REALLY make me mad sometimes. But as I said AJ, I have to believe there are people on the Madden staff that KNOW these are issues and want these fixed. Your boss is the problem however.

Great, great post. I feel the same way. The problem is the lobby/tournament guys don't want this stuff. Those prima guide guys just want to play "Madden ball" instead of real football.

There should be an option to play sim or tourney style. Sim could have all the same stuff you mention and tourney style could be like madden is now. Win win.

Also have online matches that are sim style too. How hard could it be to do that?

# 68 Step2001 @ 02/08/14 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Great, great post. I feel the same way. The problem is the lobby/tournament guys don't want this stuff. Those prima guide guys just want to play "Madden ball" instead of real football.

There should be an option to play sim or tourney style. Sim could have all the same stuff you mention and tourney style could be like madden is now. Win win.

Also have online matches that are sim style too. How hard could it be to do that?

So true, read on here a few months ago that errant snaps or botched FG holds aren't in the game because of Tourney play. They don't want those real life miscues messing up someone chances at winning Madden Tourney.
Then if that's the case, they should just have a mode where they're no penalties or miscues based on a players ratings. They can use this mode for their Tourney's.

Special Teams and carrying/paying really good long snapper & FG kicker should come into play.

# 69 dat boi Q @ 02/08/14 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04

When 80% of the gamechangers are tourney style non sim ball players what kind if game do we think we are going to get. EA brings in guys who don't watch real football just highlights. They want to run the score, go for it on 4th and long run 3 to 5 plays all game and use a.i exploits to win. These are the guys in EAs ear giving them feedback. Just fix the sliders and make them sensitive so we can make them work for us. No one is bashing madden, remember it ain't bashing if the statement is true. I play the game everyday, but I don't play online just my cfm. I tried to play one UT game until I realized it was on pro.

# 70 N51_rob @ 02/08/14 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
So true, read on here a few months ago that errant snaps or botched FG holds aren't in the game because of Tourney play. They don't want those real life miscues messing up someone chances at winning Madden Tourney.
Then if that's the case, they should just have a mode where they're no penalties or miscues based on a players ratings. They can use this mode for their Tourney's.

Special Teams and carrying/paying really good long snapper & FG kicker should come into play.

This x1000. Three modes, casual, tourney and sim, sliders for EVERYTHING (a la 2K). I have to imagine someone at EA has to have said the same thing.

# 71 gman2774 @ 02/08/14 01:41 PM
Played a game on default all pro post patch and I thought the game felt much improved. Could be placebo and I'm not the kind of player that dissects every movement but it felt different for the positive. I was pleased. We'll see if it holds up. One thing I noticed was running was tougher. Seemed the corners and safety were very aggressive in stopping the outside run. Keep in mind I'm not that great and default all pro is a challenging level for me. Playing with the Browns. Also noticed pass coverage seemed weaker specifically against curl and hook routes.

# 72 Artman22 @ 02/08/14 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
This x1000. Three modes, casual, tourney and sim, sliders for EVERYTHING (a la 2K). I have to imagine someone at EA has to have said the same thing.

This is a great idea.

# 73 RumbleCard @ 02/09/14 11:52 AM
Hell one simple thing that would be nice is the ability to set my formations. Having to sub my backup HB in while I'm selecting my play is way too cumbersome.

When I run 4 WR's I like to have my receiving back in the game. I shouldn't have to manually do this from the play calling screen.

But if I do, it would be nice if it didn't default back after each game. I admit I was half hoping this patch would at least make these changes permanent from game to game.

For the life of me I can't understand why don't have a substitution screen.

# 74 evanreyes @ 02/09/14 12:48 PM
I want them to fix the glitch where on defense playing another person on the same system, your defender will drop 20+ surefire interceptions. I counted once, I was the Eagles playing the Panthers, I dropped 24 interceptions that were right in my hands. I was holding triangle on most of them, then I tried not doing that, I tried using and not using Ball Hawk.

# 75 evanreyes @ 02/09/14 12:53 PM
Another glitch is that mobile QBs can roll out too easily. Playing against my friends it's impossible to defend. The QB just rolls out and runs around for like 10 seconds then either gains a first down or throws the ball 50 yards downfield.

# 76 DePounded @ 02/09/14 11:17 PM
AJ,

Thanks for talking with us. Really means a lot. Unlike some other posters, I actually think that this Madden is more sim friendly than past versions. However, with that being said, can you share with the developers our concerns about outside runs on next gen? Even with the patch, they are still overly effective. In fact, it seems like it is more effective to run outside than to run in between the tackles. Obviously, in the real NFL, this would never happen because the speed of LBs and DEs clog the edges.

Also, are you able to do anything about the running animations moving forward? I'm not talking about the actual animations themselves; rather, I'm talking about the fluidity of the player movement. I played a lot of NCAA Football on current gen, and I really liked the running game. While I am enjoying my time with M25, I do find the running game a bit frustrating at times -- it just doesn't have the same responsiveness as NCAA. Thanks!

By the way, did you change the gameplay speed sliders to slow for online matches? The game feels slower, and I really like it

# 77 BigDaddyHolmes @ 02/10/14 10:17 AM
I criticized Madden all last generation. Besides Madden 12, I thought they were all junk. But I have to say, Madden 25 has shown a possible light at the end of the tunnel for me after spending more time with it. I think whats hurting your game most right now is polish, and details.

#1-Annimations
You guys have to smooth out your annimations. To much speed up moments, and other times what looks like frame skipping or something. Ive seen defenders sped way up to make ridiculous Ints. Also after a play is over players stil move odd. Like annimations were just rushed. Pretty much 80% of the players after a play. Id also like more annimations that play through even after the whistle blows. Right now, as soon as the whistle blows, everyone instantly goes into zombie mode. Not as bad as years past, but still terrible looking. Running annimations still need improved. Always still hunch backed when sprinting. A huge improvement would occur if all animations were made to look smoother frame by frame Imo.

#2 graphics
Jst not very good on next gen. Helmets need more shine during gameplay, they look great in the cut scene moments. Gameplay time needs more player detail shadow, they look bland. Grass looks much better, now add a layer of sparkle shine to the fields to match theree look better._.Also boost it for rain effect in the grass. I would also darken the green grass in some stadiums. You guys did darken it from last year, just needs a slight more, here and there. The player models are terrible. They all are off, and punters and qbs are so beefy. Payton Manning looks like his head is on Frankensteins body. Coaches shoulders need some love. Night games need more lighting effect, inside games more reflection look. Like night games but not as vivid of a look, more film like. Slight variance to make it noticeable. Snow need more detail. Looks like a white blanketwith holes punched in it with players feet. Some colors in uniforms and stadiums need tweaked. Some colors pop to fast before others reach their needed levels

#3 gameplay
I agree, more swats, less Int's. I'd like fullbacks to feel like fullbacks. I still feel players with power feel no different really then lighter backs. Lighter back should be able to cut better, more like last gen. All qbs do feel a like. Manning, brady, rodgers, erc about right, but the others are right at their level. Just make a balance option for online play if that is why you guys chose to make them balanced offline. Cpu qbs need much more awareness. To much out of bounds throws. The receiver can be wide, but the cpu qb wont throw until the wr is near out of bounds. Also the cpu throws a lot of floaters. Specially deep. Way to many jump ball hail mary looking deep passes by the cpu. If its not end of game hail marys, 99% of those need to to be fixed. After the cpu qbs get better awareness for a open wr, the user defensive backs need tweaked. The user defensive backs are so bad, that cpu qbs would get 50 points a game if the out of bounds, hail mary, read open receiiver issus were fixed. Also routes and wrs running out of bounds after a user catch needs tweaked. Still sound cpu interfence there pushing me out for no reason. Penaltys still not working well needs addressed. Last thing i will mention is just let ratings matter. Thats perhaps the most frustrating of all. Ratings are a joke, and that is not good.

This game has potential. Plish and detail would take this 7/10 game, to a 9/10 game. Look into the little things. Like a guy here said. Its not the outcome that needs fixed, its what lead to the outcome that is off.

Thanks for reading. Sorry with spelling, wrote with ps4 controller

# 78 BigDaddyHolmes @ 02/10/14 10:28 AM
Btw, any camera other then zoom is terrible. Standard should be as fas away as it gets. You can pass so much better on zoom, because you can see all little movements, and judge spacing better. Zoom also looks 99 times better, specially when you polish, fix annimations to be better

# 79 cleetus @ 02/10/14 05:33 PM
I have XBOX One. I see this update came out but I am not sure if I got it or not. I put the game in the other day then left so I am not sure if my system automatically downloaded this update. Can anyone tell me how I can check to see if the patch was downloaded on my system? Thank you.

# 80 BlackBetty15 @ 02/10/14 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Is there a way to make sure the right person at EA see's this list?

Like an email or something?
Brother I am gonna go on record right now and say these issues are well known and documented. Ian was a gem at coming on here and changing the direction of madden. The problem is madden upper management kills all the ideas Md enhancement needs right away in favor of absolutely ridiculous gimmicks or quick additions. I think maybe folks are jumping the gun a little with what we got as a product this year as an "opener" product for next gen. I think for a first outing I am fine with the product, but am in the category where you get he freebie this year but next year I need to never want to put my controller down.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.