Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

After apologizing to NBA Live 14 fans and promising improvements to the game back in late November, which was followed by the first title update for the game in mid-December, the team is getting ready to launch their next update.

Ty Stover, Marketer at EA Sports, has revealed some details about the second NBA Live 14 title update, that could arrive as early as Monday. According to Ty, Title Update #2 will add practice mode, improve lighting and gameplay. No other specific details have been revealed.

We also haven't heard whether or not the team is implementing the new scanned in player faces for NBA Live 14 or 15.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 MCSavage @ 02/07/14 02:27 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, patch info:

http://www.easports.com/nba-live/news-updates-gameplay/article/patch-details

# 22 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 02/07/14 02:33 PM
Face scans in future editions only

# 23 Flightwhite24 @ 02/07/14 02:36 PM
Gotta apologize because I was wrong in thinking EA was gonna abandon the patch. Thank you EA for coming through. I'm not expecting the wheel to be reinvented but I applaud the effort

Sent from my iPhone

# 24 WTF @ 02/07/14 02:58 PM
Color me disappointed if at least SOME of the face scans aren't included. Mainly the guys that are generic, Giannis, Nate Wolters, Pero Antic, etc. Hopefully they'll at least put some sort of update in for those guys. I'd love to start a Dynasty with the Bucks and try to bring them to viability in the league, but when Giannis looks like a generic Glenn Robinson, it kills some of the immersion.

I'm still looking forward to what the patch offers, so hopefully great things are upon us

# 25 The 24th Letter @ 02/07/14 03:14 PM
When I heard they were doing all these teams I figured it wasn't going to make it in honestly WTF.....

I'm no dev, but it seems like that is a LOT to implement..

# 26 WTF @ 02/07/14 03:18 PM
It does, but we've seen new players who sign after the season begins get their actual face on last gen titles. I don't care if all get implemented, most are sufficient in my eyes, but Wolters isn't even the right race,

Big Dog Giannis Antentekoumpo is just an eyesore. And Pero is a movie star in the making

# 27 JoeDog10 @ 02/07/14 03:45 PM
I'm really excited for this patch to drop next week.

I love, love, love that first step quickness was addressed. Being able to change gears with guys like Wall, Rose, LBJ, etc. will make a huge difference. It sounds like the transition game was overhauled as well, which is great.

Unfortunately in the patch notes, I didn't see anything about addressing PIP. It's been such a game killer for me that I really hope it was tweaked, even if it was just a little bit.

# 28 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 02/07/14 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDog10
I'm really excited for this patch to drop next week.

I love, love, love that first step quickness was addressed. Being able to change gears with guys like Wall, Rose, LBJ, etc. will make a huge difference. It sounds like the transition game was overhauled as well, which is great.

Unfortunately in the patch notes, I didn't see anything about addressing PIP. It's been such a game killer for me that I really hope it was tweaked, even if it was just a little bit.
I'm sure lots of things were tweaked behind the scenes, I think EA doesn't really go into the hard core stuff in their blogs but rather address stuff that the casual gamer can understand and relate to.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

# 29 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 02/07/14 03:58 PM
Interview with Sean O'Brien about the patch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-KZJlRncNc

# 30 The 24th Letter @ 02/07/14 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
I'm sure lots of things were tweaked behind the scenes, I think EA doesn't really go into the hard core stuff in their blogs but rather address stuff that the casual gamer can understand and relate to.

Haha, I don't know if "improved defense in the paint" would confuse even the most casual gamer...

# 31 roletide916 @ 02/07/14 11:48 PM
When are you going to make a team play room 1 on 1 is getting kind of boreing

# 32 roletide916 @ 02/07/14 11:51 PM
All I played was team play and we have enough people for plenty of team play games

# 33 Ryan97 @ 02/08/14 05:26 PM
Anyone else think this game is a complete waste of resources. I mean how much money do they really stand to make with this venture back into basketball ? and lets face it, with EA its about the business not the art. I would shift the resources to the Football and Hockey teams and end this embarrassing story.

# 34 LLKoolAid @ 02/09/14 10:19 AM
I'm mad there's no create a player

# 35 spacedog @ 02/09/14 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan97
Anyone else think this game is a complete waste of resources. I mean how much money do they really stand to make with this venture back into basketball ? and lets face it, with EA its about the business not the art. I would shift the resources to the Football and Hockey teams and end this embarrassing story.
smh If Live doesn't try to compete with 2k then 2k will continue to release broken, basically online-only, VC paywall ridden products like it did last year. Competition is a good thing that pushes both to improve so why are you against it? Seems like you're just hating on Live for nothing.

# 36 The 24th Letter @ 02/09/14 01:01 PM
Both company's are aware that there is competition...but I guarantee fans are more obsessed about that than the actual company's are. They both have their OWN thing's to work on...and if they do that, we come out the winner....if we aren't too busy trying to pick a side to jump on...

# 37 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/09/14 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
They both have their OWN thing's to work on...and if they do that, we come out the winner....
May have to put this in my sig. Well said!

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.