Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has released NBA Live 14 title update #2 for PS4 users. Once it is available for the Xbox One, we'll update this post.

UPDATE: It is available now for Xbox One users.

Below are some of the details on the update, read the full article here.

ALL-NEW SHOOTAROUND MODE
  • Improve your shooting, dribbling, and offensive moves by selecting any current NBA player and taking to an empty practice gym
  • The mode will improve your game, and also serve as the foundation for NBA LIVE 15
GRAPHICAL IMPROVEMENTS
  • NBA LIVE 14’s lighting system has been updated and re-tuned to help bring the game to life. Color values have been improved to help remove some player’s “plastic” look
  • Tweaked and/or tuned every player and every uniform
  • New lighting improves the skin texture of players, and colors will be more accurate and robust
NEW ACCESSORIES
  • Added official court and jerseys for 2014 NBA All-Star weekend in New Orleans
  • Added new adidas Hardwood Classic uniforms
  • Added new basketball, complete with the signature of the NBA’s new commissioner Adam Silver
IMPROVED CONTROL AND RESPONSIVENESS
  • Tuned first steps and dribble moves (including start and stop) to smooth out animations
  • Improved transitions between animations
PASSING IMPROVEMENTS
  • Players experience increased responsiveness with improvements to ball physics, pass speeds and branch points within animations
  • Ball interacts with rim much more organically. Swishes have been reduced
  • Increased the variety of passing speeds
  • Improved lead passing
LIVE Season
  • Adjusted the camera to address hitches
  • Normal broadcast view has replaced player lock
  • More variety in the types of LIVE Challenges available
Play a few games and tryout the new Shootaround mode and post your impressions here.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 341 The 24th Letter @ 04/02/14 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
after playing 2k, I will never take this game for granted again. #thelittlethings

That's the fresh air effect for you...

# 342 louie dogs @ 04/20/14 04:46 PM
I finally got to try the game after all the patches and I have to say that I was impressed, I love the pace of the game, the graphics and movements are much cleaner, I'm sorry for just a bug that always happens to me, that I did not see themselves schemes on the pitch in spite of put them in the options, and other small detail I do not like the choice not to include the names of the opponents when they bring the ball to rest in the light of the improvements at the time I would give it a 6, 5 sevenths me that bodes well for a great nba live 15, I apologize to everyone for my bad English, greetings from Italy

# 343 loosey101 @ 04/20/14 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie dogs
I finally got to try the game after all the patches and I have to say that I was impressed, I love the pace of the game, the graphics and movements are much cleaner, I'm sorry for just a bug that always happens to me, that I did not see themselves schemes on the pitch in spite of put them in the options, and other small detail I do not like the choice not to include the names of the opponents when they bring the ball to rest in the light of the improvements at the time I would give it a 6, 5 sevenths me that bodes well for a great nba live 15, I apologize to everyone for my bad English, greetings from Italy
No problem, glad you enjoy the game, I agree, probably a 6.5-7 out of 10 for me and that makes me optimistic for next year.

# 344 LiteB3 @ 04/22/14 02:27 PM
Sorry if this question has already done answered.

Is their create a player in Nba live?? or 30 team control in season mode?

Sorry for the grammar! Hello from Spain!

# 345 WTF @ 04/22/14 02:46 PM
No and no.

# 346 jmount78 @ 04/23/14 09:14 AM
Just bought the game last week and really enjoying it. Wish they had sliders for players like me who aren't that good at video games and had an easier menu layout. Overall very fun.

# 347 loosey101 @ 04/23/14 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmount78
Just bought the game last week and really enjoying it. Wish they had sliders for players like me who aren't that good at video games and had an easier menu layout. Overall very fun.
If you need any help with the game just send me a message. It def sucks not having sliders but once you play for a while you get used to it b

# 348 jakeywakey911 @ 04/24/14 01:14 AM
Ok thinking of trading in 2K for nba live 14, what are the pros and cons of me doing that? I feel so fed up with 2K and trying to have fun with the game but having to freakin farm VC in order to go anywhere with the game is lame. What makes NBA live so fun and ultimately worth my trade in? Ultimate team better then any team? Easier to earn stuff to buy the packs?

# 349 seanhazz1 @ 04/24/14 08:33 AM
I wouldn't say it's more fun than 2k, but "different" fun if you are open to lesser quality player models and different play style and animations. IMO, floor spacing and off ball AI are better in Live. Both have different flavors of their own "cheese"

# 350 louie dogs @ 04/24/14 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loosey101
No problem, glad you enjoy the game, I agree, probably a 6.5-7 out of 10 for me and that makes me optimistic for next year.

hello first of all thanks for the answers are always very helpful, I wanted to ask what can I do to solve the problem that the field does not make me see the patterns in the options although I tell it to you? it only happens to me?

# 351 babythug23 @ 04/25/14 05:26 PM
Pick this up for $22 I play it before but didn't give it a chance. Played one half its not as bad as I remembered. Once I figure how to play D I think it will be fun. Whats best user shot control or ratings? I cant make nothing unless its on rating so farr

# 352 nick_sr @ 04/26/14 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeywakey911
Ok thinking of trading in 2K for nba live 14, what are the pros and cons of me doing that? I feel so fed up with 2K and trying to have fun with the game but having to freakin farm VC in order to go anywhere with the game is lame. What makes NBA live so fun and ultimately worth my trade in? Ultimate team better then any team? Easier to earn stuff to buy the packs?
Ultimate team is far better than my team! Dont let anyone tell you different. You have every great player except Jordan. Pippen .Miller. Barkley

# 353 louie dogs @ 04/26/14 04:53 PM
I think the pace of the game nba live 14 is absolutely perfect, I love this game I think is a really good base on which to start

# 354 nick_sr @ 04/26/14 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie dogs
I think the pace of the game nba live 14 is absolutely perfect, I love this game I think is a really good base on which to start
Sometimes its great and sometimes its too slow for me. Seems like everyone moves at the same speed. Hopefully they can fix it next year

# 355 thatdudetoo @ 04/28/14 12:38 PM
Have the fixed the baseline camera framerate yet?

# 356 jyoung @ 04/28/14 04:38 PM
Nope, the camera options and their functionality remain the same as they were on release day.

# 357 thatdudetoo @ 04/29/14 04:04 PM
Would love to pick this game up again but the camera and online performance are killers for me

# 358 sportyguyfl31 @ 04/29/14 06:13 PM
Please Please Please make playing on a baseline camera angle more friendly

# 359 scottyo60 @ 05/03/14 08:23 PM
Ok guys, bought this for nothing at gamestop today. Had a $20 off preowned plus a gift card and figured why not at $22. We all talk how madden needs competition well shoes on the other foot so again why not.

Played a few quick games while it went through the installation and I'm really impressed how far it came from the demo. I don't think I was at the full stage because I didn't have certain features which made me think I didn't have the patches. Pacing and floor space feels great. I think ill actually have to play full quarters to replicate stats. Still learning the inside. Feels over powered slightly? Idk but it might be some user error. Steal button works better!

I need to find the practice arena, but this reminds me of the live with Gilbert on the cover. I had many who played high school basketball at that time say they preferred live over 2k because it was more accurate. Not perfect but closer. I've played 2k and graphically was great, but felt like a run fest. This game isn't perfect, but where it positioned itself in the end people should pick it up with an open mind for the future

# 360 El_Poopador @ 05/05/14 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
Ok guys, bought this for nothing at gamestop today. Had a $20 off preowned plus a gift card and figured why not at $22. We all talk how madden needs competition well shoes on the other foot so again why not.

Played a few quick games while it went through the installation and I'm really impressed how far it came from the demo. I don't think I was at the full stage because I didn't have certain features which made me think I didn't have the patches. Pacing and floor space feels great. I think ill actually have to play full quarters to replicate stats. Still learning the inside. Feels over powered slightly? Idk but it might be some user error. Steal button works better!

I need to find the practice arena, but this reminds me of the live with Gilbert on the cover. I had many who played high school basketball at that time say they preferred live over 2k because it was more accurate. Not perfect but closer. I've played 2k and graphically was great, but felt like a run fest. This game isn't perfect, but where it positioned itself in the end people should pick it up with an open mind for the future
they definitely got a lot right. but the paint/post abuse by the cpu is what kills it for me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.