Home
NASCAR '14 News Post

NASCAR '14 is available today for both Xbox 360, PS3 and PC, check out the launch trailer here. Post your impressions after you get a few laps in.

A few reviews have been spotted online, we'll add to the list as they become available.

Game: NASCAR '14Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 3 - View All
NASCAR '14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 BurghFan @ 02/21/14 03:29 PM
Just noticed something peculiar (PS3 version). Going through all the teams so I can update my excel driver chart for keeping track of stats for the new game and I noticed there are 2 Roush-Fenway Racing teams

The first is the 3 Sprint Cup guys
16. Greg Biffle
17. Rickey Stenhouse Jr.
99 Carl Edwards

Then there is a second Roush-Fenway team that consists of
16. Ryan Reed
6. Trevor Bayne.

Because of this, there are now 2 #16 cars

There are also 2 #7 cars

#7 - Regan Smith - JR Motorsports
#7 - Michael Annett - Tommy Baldwin Racing.

# 82 bluengold34_OS @ 02/21/14 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
Just noticed something peculiar (PS3 version). Going through all the teams so I can update my excel driver chart for keeping track of stats for the new game and I noticed there are 2 Roush-Fenway Racing teams

16. Greg Biffle
17. Rickey Stenhouse Jr.
99 Carl Edwards

16. Ryan Reed
6. Trevor Bayne.

There are also 2 #7 cars

They are patching the game after this weekend to have full 43 correct cars and teams - just needed to get through Daytona first to get details -

# 83 cusefan74 @ 02/21/14 03:44 PM
Quote:

16. Greg Biffle
17. Rickey Stenhouse Jr.
99 Carl Edwards

16. Ryan Reed
6. Trevor Bayne.

There are also 2 #7 cars

I noticed that the other day.

Quote:
For those that are on the PS3, we are lining up some races for tonight. If you're interested, just shoot me a PM - Right now we have like 5 guys, but trying to get 7-8 -
What time you going off at? If I can I would love to get in it but it depends on what time.

# 84 BurghFan @ 02/21/14 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
They are patching the game after this weekend to have full 43 correct cars and teams - just needed to get through Daytona first to get details -
OK, guess I should wait until next week to start my career then. I'm guessing the patch wouldn't be able to be applied during the 1st career offseason?

# 85 bluengold34_OS @ 02/21/14 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I noticed that the other day.

What time you going off at? If I can I would love to get in it but it depends on what time.
Flexible right now Cuse - hoping for around 930 EST time right now - Will this work?

# 86 bluengold34_OS @ 02/21/14 03:48 PM
Quote:
OK, guess I should wait until next week to start my career then. I'm guessing the patch wouldn't be able to be applied during the 1st career offseason?
Not 100% sure of the details Jason. I can reach out to them on Monday and see If I can get secure the details.

# 87 Tribe1 @ 02/21/14 04:28 PM
Quote:
The moderator on the official site said not to expect the Daytona car updates for weeks

# 88 OPDriver @ 02/21/14 04:31 PM
Hopefully the patch can fix some of the problems in the game. Especially the game getting stuck in a spot and not advancing or anything. I've had to restart my career race a Michigan 3 times because the game would get stuck in a caution replay and just sit there or I would pit and the pit crew cutscene wouldn't even play. I would just sit in the pit box for the rest of the race.

# 89 bluengold34_OS @ 02/21/14 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribe1
The moderator on the official site said not to expect the Daytona car updates for weeks
Well that's different than what I had heard - but if that's what it is, there is not much we can do about it.

# 90 cusefan74 @ 02/21/14 04:46 PM
Quote:
Flexible right now Cuse - hoping for around 930 EST time right now - Will this work?

Yeah I think that will work for me.

# 91 Aggies7 @ 02/21/14 07:20 PM
Quote:
Well that's different than what I had heard - but if that's what it is, there is not much we can do about it.

You would probably know better than anyone what stops them from releasing them Monday after the 500. I assume they have no issues adding the driver and paint scheme. So is the hold up on MS and Sonys approval end?

# 92 bluengold34_OS @ 02/21/14 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
You would probably know better than anyone what stops them from releasing them Monday after the 500. I assume they have no issues adding the driver and paint scheme. So is the hold up on MS and Sonys approval end?
My assumption is that they already have the paint schemes and rosters done(or very close) since the field is set. I can try on Monday and see if I can get a lock down answer, as the worst they can tell me is the do not have one yet.

# 93 brandon27 @ 02/21/14 09:43 PM
So, today I'm running a race at Dover... 40 laps. Caution comes out on lap 10. I took out Kenseth on a pretty dirty (of me) bump and run. So, the usual cut scenes come up for the caution, then it goes back to restart the race and... no sound. Nothing at all but faint sounds, a voice repeating a half broken line through the trackside speakers, some crowd noise, and the noise of cars hitting each other or the wall. No engine sounds whatsoever.

# 94 BurghFan @ 02/21/14 11:44 PM
Did a 100% race at Daytona with 1x Fuel/tires and 50% AI. Couple small things.

1. I don't really like the fact the fuel indicator is just a bar this year rather than an actual number of project laps as it makes it more difficult to tell when you absolutely have to pit. Also, the bar doesn't seem to go down at a consistent rate.

2. This is just a minor detail, but in the display where it shows who is leading and your position plus the driver in front and behind, it only shows the driver's last name and not the number or 1st initial. This would be fine if it weren't for the fact that there are 2 Busch's as you can not tell which Busch is in that position without actually seeing them. Don't know if it would be possible to patch it so the Busch brothers are indicated as Ku. Busch and Ky. Busch so they can be distinguished.

# 95 erkizzlemynizzle @ 02/22/14 12:38 AM
Can you do Career Mode with real drivers, or do you have to create a car? I just want to race as real drivers outside of exhibition mode.

# 96 TCrouch @ 02/22/14 12:51 AM
You can't do a career, but you can at least go to single player and choose to run a full season.

# 97 RunN1st @ 02/22/14 12:59 AM
How did the OS online racing go tonight?

# 98 bluengold34_OS @ 02/22/14 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
How did the OS online racing go tonight?
We pushed it off until tomorrow night so you could join -

# 99 Cubfan @ 02/22/14 01:16 AM
Quote:
We pushed it off until tomorrow night so you could join -
What time tomorrow Bob?

# 100 bluengold34_OS @ 02/22/14 01:23 AM
Hoping for around 930 EST

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.