Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Trevor Long, over at EFTM, has posted a quick MLB 14 The Show gameplay video from the PS4 version.

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 eaw913 @ 03/23/14 04:33 PM
I am really ready to see some legit HD videos and not second hand ones. It still won't be as good as it will on my TV in 1080p 60fps, but better than this.

Still, at least it is something. Crowd looks great and I like how the ball boy chased the ball lol.

Really love that camera after a hit.

# 2 tnixen @ 03/23/14 04:41 PM
2 things quickly stick out after watching this.

1, What's up with the USA flag? It looks frozen or something almost like it's on the moon

2. Love how the ball boy got off the chair and started to go after the foul ball

Looking great but I bet it's a pretty early build.

# 3 ShowTyme15 @ 03/23/14 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
2 things quickly stick out after watching this.

1, What's up with the USA flag? It looks frozen or something almost like it's on the moon

2,. Love how the ball bot got off the chair and started to go after the foul ball

Looking great but I bet it's a pretty early build.
You can tell it's early. The American Flag thing you pointed out was a dead giveaway

# 4 ShowTyme15 @ 03/23/14 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
If this was played this weekend, why would It be a earlier build, wouldn't it be the latest build close to retail.
Not really

# 5 TerminallyOdd @ 03/23/14 04:58 PM
Looks good, but just to nitpick a bit, framerate during the transition where the catcher is throwing the ball back looks kind of rough...and didn't see any fans motion to reach over to try and grab the foul ball.

# 6 tnixen @ 03/23/14 04:59 PM
Does this guy in the crowd look like anyone to you guys?

# 7 Shakedowncapo @ 03/23/14 04:59 PM
Quote:
If this was played this weekend, why would It be a earlier build, wouldn't it be the latest build close to retail.
Not the way it works. The version being played here is just the latest stable version. Key word being stable. This could be a build back from January for all we know.

# 8 Cowboy008 @ 03/23/14 05:03 PM
Can't really judge anything since we don't know what build this is even though they played it this weekend. I don't know why they would have people try out earlier builds rather than the newest build though. Hopefully the devs or the marketing team decide to release some videos soon so we can actually see how it looks.

# 9 Shakedowncapo @ 03/23/14 05:10 PM
Quote:
All I was asking is how one would know that doesn't work for SCEA or not a person at the event in Australia. As u say for all we know it could be a build from Tuesday.
Russell gave a thumbs up on a post about the stadium lighting not being done on a lot stadiums, which is why they're playing in Boston. That would signal to me an older build.

# 10 eaw913 @ 03/23/14 05:10 PM
Quote:
Exactly but since one of the supposed game gurus on here didn't think of it first then everything is null and void.
Until an official video is released by SCEA you can assume they're all old builds.

To the guy saying the fan didn't grab a foul ball, that was removed. That's why you didn't see it.

# 11 tnixen @ 03/23/14 05:29 PM
Are they bringing back the Red Sox logo on the infield grass this year? Because I think I see it in the video.

# 12 Feliz__7 @ 03/23/14 06:53 PM
If I could ask a question to Red Sox Nation (LETS GO BUCS), is the green monster the right color?

# 13 MrOldboy @ 03/23/14 06:57 PM
Hard to see anything other than the PS4 only features, like ball boys.

It does look smooth framerate wise during pitches, maybe a little choppy on the side shot of the batter with the crowd. Either way, glad that at least this build was optimized well already. Since we haven't seen any official footage or had more press gets hands on time with recent builds all we can do is hope they hit their 60 fps target.

# 14 Ghost Of The Year @ 03/23/14 07:11 PM
35 seconds of gameplay? Why'd I expect this to be about quick counts?

# 15 Ghost Of The Year @ 03/23/14 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
Getting really sick of Fenway in most media for PS4 version
"To the victor belong the spoils"

# 16 kehlis @ 03/23/14 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
Getting really sick of Fenway in most media for PS4 version
Definitely.

I would much rather have nothing.

# 17 GruffyMcGuiness @ 03/23/14 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
"To the victor belong the spoils"
As much as I dislike the Red Sox, they have the coolest stadium in baseball.

# 18 puppies_on_acid @ 03/23/14 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
As much as I dislike the Giants, they have the coolest stadium in baseball.
Fixed that for you...

# 19 gator3guy @ 03/23/14 09:07 PM
Not much to take from the video except the hideous catcher's gear is still in the game.

Uhh. It's 2014. It's next gen. I expect better from SCEA.

Hopefully the rest of the game is smooth.

# 20 Willis135 @ 03/23/14 10:51 PM
The pitchers delivery is very smooth in this video. Not sure if it's do to 60fps, or redone animations or both. Whatever it is, I can definitely tell the difference between this and ps3.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.