Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Check out the latest MLB 14 The Show gameplay video featuring the St. Louis Cardinals vs. Boston Red Sox, showing off the new Quick Counts feature.

Please like and subscribe to show appreciation for the video, courtesy of Keystone570!

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 NYYanks26 @ 03/27/14 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Would love to see a box score from ya.
I'll try to post one tonight when I get home.

# 122 Willis135 @ 03/27/14 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYanks26
I'll try to post one tonight when I get home.
Take the rest of the day off sick, don't keep Russell waiting

# 123 jmaj315 @ 03/27/14 02:44 PM
wow.. I like how it showed Peralta's stats with the Tigers and even noted that he only played 107 games

And how they showed Papi's stats when he was DH as opposed to his career stats.. interesting! ME LIKE!!!

# 124 bcruise @ 03/27/14 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaj315
wow.. I like how it showed Peralta's stats with the Tigers and even noted that he only played 107 games

And how they showed Papi's stats when he was DH as opposed to his career stats.. interesting! ME LIKE!!!
It's nice, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too high for seeing those inside franchise mode. Those kinds of colorful overlays have been in exhibition games for years. They're fun to look at when they pop up, though!

# 125 metsfan4life1 @ 03/27/14 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
It's nice, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too high for seeing those inside franchise mode. Those kinds of colorful overlays have been in exhibition games for years. They're fun to look at when they pop up, though!
Which is very disappointing.

# 126 HustlinOwl @ 03/27/14 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
so 11 after the Peralta K and Holliday at 3-2 makes 16 pitches and minus 2 equals 14 yet it shows 15?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Exactly, that is what is going on. It doesn't line up with what Ramone said though.
so is this getting glossed over? Still doesnt add up and would like to know what is actually going on behind the scenes

# 127 Willis135 @ 03/27/14 05:12 PM
Peralty strikes out on the 11th pitch of his at bat, not the 10th. So if you take away one pitch from peralty's at bat you start the next at bat with 10. Add the 3-2 count from Holiday's at bat and you get 15 pitches. The -2 pitches from holiday's at bat aren't taken away until the next batter comes to the plate. QC is working as Russell explained.

The pitches aren't being subtracted until the next batter comes to the plate

# 128 HustlinOwl @ 03/27/14 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis135
Peralty strikes out on the 11th pitch of his at bat, not the 10th. So if you take away one pitch from peralty's at bat you start the next at bat with 10. Add the 3-2 count from Holiday's at bat and you get 15 pitches. The -2 pitches from holiday's at bat aren't taken away until the next batter comes to the plate. QC is working as Russell explained.

The pitches aren't being subtracted until the next batter comes to the plate
okay then Carpenter was at 5 pitches on 3-2 and hits the 6 pitch into play so Peralta comes up with a 2-1 count and it now shows 8 pitches instead of 9??? So was the 1 pitch already subtracted?

# 129 Willis135 @ 03/27/14 05:22 PM
Quote:
okay then Carpenter was at 5 pitches on 3-2 and hits the 6 pitch into play so Peralta comes up with a 2-1 count and it now shows 8 pitches instead of 9??? So was the 1 pitch already subtracted?
HMM.. I missed that. Not sure what happened there!

# 130 Knight165 @ 03/27/14 07:45 PM
Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's the result pitch that is being subtracted.
So the first one(count) is a freebee so to say.
5 pitches....3-2 count.....ground ball....six(not counted...)
Batter comes up with a 2-1 counts(3 pitches)....pitch count is 5(first count) plus 3(second count) for 8!

At first Ramone said it was 1 per and 2 for 3-2...but I think he then corrected it later in this thread when he quoted the guide...here...saying it's 1 per AB..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It's in the strategy guide.

As a rough guideline, if a game would have had 145 pitches thrown without Quick Counts, then with Quick Counts on that would translate to about 75 pitches 'actually thrown' plus an additional 115 'simulated pitches' for a total of 190 pitches. As a compromise for realism, the game corrects for this inflated number by subtracting 1 pitch per plate appearance, so that a pitcher's individual pitch count will be more comparable to a regular game.

'Simulated pitches' drain less energy to balance out fatigue loss.
M.K.
Knight165

# 131 The JareBear @ 03/27/14 07:54 PM
I am so freaking excited for this game on the PS4.

Love the quick count feature, will be used from start to finish in my franchise mode.

# 132 HustlinOwl @ 03/27/14 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm pretty sure it's the result pitch that is being subtracted.
So the first one(count) is a freebee so to say.
5 pitches....3-2 count.....ground ball....six(not counted...)
Batter comes up with a 2-1 counts(3 pitches)....pitch count is 5(first count) plus 3(second count) for 8!

At first Ramone said it was 1 per and 2 for 3-2...but I think he then corrected it later in this thread when he quoted the guide...here...saying it's 1 per AB..

M.K.
Knight165
Then how is it 15 for Holliday at 3-2????

Sent from my LG-L40G using Tapatalk

# 133 Knight165 @ 03/27/14 08:09 PM
Quote:
Then how is it 15 for Holliday at 3-2????

Sent from my LG-L40G using Tapatalk
3-2(5)
Ground out(no pitch)
Still 5
2-1 count(8)
1 pitch strike(9)
1 pitch ball(10)
1 pitch strike(OUT resulting pitch...not counted)
Still 10
3-2 count to Holliday

I think that's right.

M.K.
Knight165

# 134 MrOldboy @ 03/27/14 08:13 PM
Quote:
3-2(5)
Ground out(no pitch)
Still 5
2-1 count(8)
1 pitch strike(9)
1 pitch ball(10)
Still 10
3-2 count to Holliday

I think that's right.

M.K.
Knight165
Its a bit weird if that is how its handled since on the ball hit by Pedroia the pitch count went up one pitch just as he hit it. So they add it in, then take it away. Seems like an odd way to handle that. I wonder if there is a bit more to how it takes away pitches that we don't know. I'm sure someone will dig into QC's as soon as the game is out and post their test results.

# 135 tnixen @ 03/27/14 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
The music has been the same for too many years and presentation looks still largely the same.. gameplay will be great though but disappointed presentation looks as stale as ever.

Really hoping PS4 version will be a lot different in this area but I am not counting on it not for 14 anyway.

# 136 HustlinOwl @ 03/27/14 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Its a bit weird if that is how its handled since on the ball hit by Pedroia the pitch count went up one pitch just as he hit it. So they add it in, then take it away. Seems like an odd way to handle that. I wonder if there is a bit more to how it takes away pitches that we don't know. I'm sure someone will dig into QC's as soon as the game is out and post their test results.
Dont think anyone really knows how it is working lmao

# 137 HustlinOwl @ 03/27/14 11:47 PM
Quote:
3-2(5)
Ground out(no pitch)
Still 5
2-1 count(8)
1 pitch strike(9)
1 pitch ball(10)
Still 10
3-2 count to Holliday
I think that's right.

M.K.
Knight165
so the 3-2 (6 pitch) ground out with Carpenter and a minus -1 for that hitter results in 5 pitches, so Peralta entering at 2-1 (8 pitches 5 from Carpenter) is added in with Peralta finishing his AB at 11 pitches, so minus -1 for Peralta (now 10 pitches) and now Holliday steps in at 3-2 15 pitches. Think I get it

# 138 Woodweaver @ 03/28/14 12:02 AM
Quote:
so the 3-2 (6 pitch) ground out with Carpenter and a minus -1 for that hitter results in 5 pitches, so Peralta entering at 2-1 (8 pitches 5 from Carpenter) is added in with Peralta finishing his AB at 11 pitches, so minus -1 for Peralta (now 10 pitches) and now Holliday steps in at 3-2 15 pitches. Think I get it

I have not used the feature yet, but given the example above. It looks like the concept is to subtract one pitch from the count whenever a new batter is up.

# 139 HustlinOwl @ 03/28/14 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
I have not used the feature yet, but given the example above. It looks like the concept is to subtract one pitch from the count whenever a new batter is up.
or do not count the pitch resulting in play or out. Guess it makes sense, think I was hung up on Russel's comment about -2 for 3-2 counts

# 140 Russell_SCEA @ 03/28/14 12:44 AM
Quote:
or do not count the pitch resulting in play or out. Guess it makes sense, think I was hung up on Russel's comment about -2 for 3-2 counts
I just found out today we had to remove the -2 pitches for 3-2 counts. It's -1 pitch per batter.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.