Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

The official MLB 14 The Show roster update is available now. Click here to see all of the details.

With assistance from HustlinOwl, registered users can download the offline file here.

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 dmitch7 @ 04/08/14 08:57 PM
Would someone mind posting Jose Abreu's ratings?

# 62 ilstu24 @ 04/09/14 07:21 AM
I'm thankful that they put these guys in the game, but why are the CAPS so awful?

Anyone plan on fixing the faces for the newly added guys when OSFM comes out? I would do it myself but I can't even do good faces for my part on OSFM.

# 63 ShowTyme15 @ 04/09/14 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilstu24
I'm thankful that they put these guys in the game, but why are the CAPS so awful?

Anyone plan on fixing the faces for the newly added guys when OSFM comes out? I would do it myself but I can't even do good faces for my part on OSFM.
I'm sure someone will.

# 64 ckarlic @ 04/09/14 11:20 AM
Played a quick game last night with the new rosters. I played a show live game Cubs vs Pirates and noticed that Kalish had Jeters head. Also, he didnt have a cyber generated mug shot or a real mug shot. Just a black silhouette. Anyone else notice this?

# 65 tessl @ 04/09/14 12:00 PM
I notice for a guy with 1 game in MLB Tanaka got a lot of love in his attributes based upon what he did in Japan.

Has anybody seen what McGehee got regarding attributes? He had a solid 2013 in Japan.

# 66 Cavicchi @ 04/09/14 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I notice for a guy with 1 game in MLB Tanaka got a lot of love in his attributes based upon what he did in Japan.

Has anybody seen what McGehee got regarding attributes? He had a solid 2013 in Japan.
I don't know why you say that about Tanaka. I thought he would be higher than an 82 OVL. He looks underrated to me. I won't have him on my team and not a Yankee fan, but he sure looks better than an 82 to my eyes. I wouldn't be surprised if he's AL ROY.

# 67 tessl @ 04/09/14 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I don't know why you say that about Tanaka. I thought he would be higher than an 82 OVL. He looks underrated to me. I won't have him on my team and not a Yankee fan, but he sure looks better than an 82 to my eyes. I wouldn't be surprised if he's AL ROY.
Right, but attributes aren't normally calculated on guesses, and it is interesting to see them "guess" Tanaka at 82. The MLB guys who go to Japan routinely do far better over there than in MLB.

Since I don't have the game until May 6, I will use the Marlins as an example since the only team I've seen a roster of (on youtube) is Miami.

After Fernandez their starting pitchers are:

Alvarez 74
Koehler 74
Eovaldi 72
Slowey 71
Turner 70

If Fernandez was a rookie with 1 game pitched in MLB he be in the 70's.

I just find it interesting they put so much weight on what player do in Japan, and I'd still be interested to see what they have McGehee's attributes looking like. If they factor his year in Japan he will be decent, if not he will be useless.

# 68 Cavicchi @ 04/09/14 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Right, but attributes aren't normally calculated on guesses, and it is interesting to see them "guess" Tanaka at 82. The MLB guys who go to Japan routinely do far better over there than in MLB.

Since I don't have the game until May 6, I will use the Marlins as an example since the only team I've seen a roster of (on youtube) is Miami.

After Fernandez their starting pitchers are:

Alvarez 74
Koehler 74
Eovaldi 72
Slowey 71
Turner 70

If Fernandez was a rookie with 1 game pitched in MLB he be in the 70's.

I just find it interesting they put so much weight on what player do in Japan, and I'd still be interested to see what they have McGehee's attributes looking like. If they factor his year in Japan he will be decent, if not he will be useless.
It has to be based on guesses, just like prospect potential is really a guess.

As far as I'm concerned, Tanaka is better than Shelby Miller and Miller is an 83. McGehee is not a rookie, Tanaka is.

# 69 Cavicchi @ 04/09/14 03:28 PM
While on the subject of guesses, my guess is Yordano Ventura will have a good year and surprise a lot of people, and maybe give Tanaka a run for AL ROY.

# 70 sxaalex @ 04/09/14 04:30 PM
is this SCea latest update

# 71 sethex6766 @ 04/09/14 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
After extracting the folder, do I need to do any renaming?

Or just place the BCU file on to my USB as is?

Did you get the offline roster file to work? I got an error that the file was Corrupt. Any help would be much appreciated.

# 72 the_riot @ 04/09/14 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
for those talking about SChhop having 3B and SS as secondary you actually can't have someone as 3B/SS only way would be to make him IF which means he could also play 1B in the game however

Or you could give 3b him as a primary and 2b/ss. I wouldn't worry about it until he starts playing short in the bigs, as he isn't really projected as a ML ss.

# 73 sxaalex @ 04/09/14 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxaalex
is this SCea latest update
can anyone help me out with this !

# 74 Cavicchi @ 04/09/14 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_riot
Or you could give 3b him as a primary and 2b/ss. I wouldn't worry about it until he starts playing short in the bigs, as he isn't really projected as a ML ss.
I wonder if playing one of your secondary positions results in less capability compared to primary position?

# 75 sxaalex @ 04/09/14 10:27 PM
I'll post a file for updated line up and rotation for people to keep busy until osfm 14 release

# 76 sxaalex @ 04/09/14 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxaalex
I'll post a file for updated line up and rotation for people to keep busy until osfm 14 release
PSN sxaalex

# 77 ARoid1313 @ 04/10/14 01:01 PM
I'll be making a tanaka and will post here for those interested. Will Grady Sizemore be a cap in ps4? Is so I can create him also

# 78 ShowTyme15 @ 04/10/14 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
I'll be making a tanaka and will post here for those interested. Will Grady Sizemore be a cap in ps4? Is so I can create him also
From what Lorne_SCEA said they will all be SCEA caps

# 79 Chap2Dee @ 04/10/14 04:30 PM
This is my very first The Show game. How do I update my rosters?
I just got the game, had a pop up at the bottom saying the roster updates were available, but I have no idea how to. This is probably the noobiest question of the week.

# 80 Denny_Slim @ 04/10/14 04:44 PM
How do I download the offline file? My PS3 is a launch PS3 and can no longer connect to the internet since it is basically dying. I have the file on a USB drive but cannot find any files in the saved game data. Please help.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.