Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

After the Madden NFL 15 cover vote and the first official trailer were revealed, some more details about the game came from an official EA Sports Madden NFL 15 blog, GameStop and Amazon. It's not a lot of details, but at least it's something to talk about. Let us know what you think!

Madden NFL 15 Blog

Quote:
Madden NFL 15 delivers everything fans need to own their rivals on both sides of the field, including the most immersive defensive gameplay control in franchise history. Like the Super Bowl XLVIII champion Seattle Seahawks, you can win championships and bask in the glory of success by building a great defense fit to challenge the best offenses in the game.

Fans will also experience an entirely new broadcast presentation that delivers Madden NFL game day like never before with dramatic all-new camera angles, as well as dynamic pre-game and halftime features. It’s not just football, it’s Madden Season.

GameStop

Quote:
Welcome to Madden Season! Madden NFL 15 delivers everything you need to own your rivals on both sides of the field, including the most immersive defensive gameplay in franchise history. With all-new player-lock camera angles, pass rush tools, open-field tackling mechanics, and smarter AI, you've never been more armed to take control of the defense and challenge the best offenses in the game. Madden NFL 15 introduces a revolutionary crowd-sourced play-calling system with three distinct ways to run offense and defense: coach suggestions, Madden community picks, and concept plays providing a strategic edge to take on all rivals. Dynamic pre-game and halftime shows, in-depth player profiles, as well as enhanced on-field graphics deliver next-generation broadcast presentation.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=operasport-20
  • Welcome to Madden Season! Madden NFL 15 delivers everything you need to own your rivals on both sides of the field, including the most immersive defensive gameplay in franchise history;
  • With all-new player-lock camera angles, pass rush tools, open-field tackling mechanics, and smarter AI, you've never been more armed to take control of the defense and challenge the best offenses in the game;
  • Madden NFL 15 introduces a revolutionary crowd-sourced play-calling system with three distinct ways to run offense and defense: coach suggestions, Madden community picks, and concept plays providing a strategic edge to take on all rivals;
  • Dynamic pre-game and halftime shows, in-depth player profiles, as well as enhanced on-field graphics deliver next-generation broadcast presentation

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Senator Palmer @ 05/05/14 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
And unfortunately I've learnt over the years, that when EA talks defense..they talk big hits and I fully expect even more big hits this year.

I do hope I'm wrong, but the last 10 years have been a hard depressing meeting with reality.
Yep.

I'm hoping there's something real comprehensive behind the "improved defense" claim. But I remember this from last year...

Quote:
Now that you know how to Run Free with the precision modifier, you might be curious about the 11 guys on the other side of the ball. Wait until you get a look at what Patrick Willis, JJ Watt and their buddies on D can do.

MAKE YOUR PRESENCE FELT

Last year, the major focus of the Infinity Engine was figuring out the basics of speed, momentum and other factors. With the introduction of Force Impact and a year of additional tuning, the dev team can now bring the power of Infinity to the Hit Stick. This allows for the biggest, most impressive hits yet, creating moments you’ll want to recreate over and over.

Furthermore, if you manage to pop a ball carrier with the Hit Stick while he’s performing one of the special precision modifier moves, the chances of causing a fumble increase. So if you’re up against an opponent who loves flashy moves, line him up with the Hit Stick and see if he doesn’t get a bit more conservative. This concept carries over into the passing game as well, as cornerbacks and safeties who trigger the Hit Stick as a receiver makes a catch have a higher chance of jarring the ball loose.

HEAT-SEEKER TACKLING

Those who opt for a more conventional approach this year have the option to enable heat-seeker tackling to help square up and bring down the ball carrier. Heat-seeker is enabled anytime you hold down the Hit Stick, defensive assist or wrap tackle buttons, and essentially guides your defender on the proper angle to intercept the ball carrier and bring him down. Heat-seeker tackles can also act as a counter to precision modifier moves when employed by defenders with high agility or awareness ratings.

The ultimate goal of heat-seeker is to provide assistance without taking control away from the user, as well as eliminating small errors like oversteers. Also, there’s a bit of risk/reward with heat-seeker, as defenders with lower awareness or agility ratings are more susceptible to a fake-out by the ball carrier. Players will have to find the balance between going for the big hit or using heat-seeker for a helping hand. For those who prefer to play without assists, heat-seeker tackling can be turned off entirely for both online and offline games.

RECOVER AND GET BACK IN THERE

Another way we’re balancing the defense is with a new defensive recovery mechanic. Often times in the NFL you’ll see a player overrun a play or miss a tackle, but immediately take steps to get back in the action. In Madden NFL 25, defenders can make the same hard cuts as ball carriers to quickly change direction and renew their pursuit. Speedy defensive ends and other high-agility defenders are even more valuable, as they can recover on plays and chase down runners on the backside. Defenders can also utilize the acceleration burst to close the gap on ball carriers and make a play before the runner gets into space.

TAKING A DIVE

There are times when you just can’t get in position to either deliver the big hit or wrap up the ball carrier, and those are the moments when a dive tackle can be the difference between a short gain and a touchdown. Dive tackles have been tuned in Madden NFL 25 to utilize more momentum so that defenders have a better chance of catching runners from behind and tripping them up. Also, new lunge tackles let defenders dive past the lead blockers to take out the legs of the ball carrier.

ALWAYS BE IN POSITION TO MAKE THE PLAY

Last but not least are a few under-the-hood improvements that affect a defender’s reactions in various situations. For instance, defensive awareness plays a big role this year, as defenders with a higher awareness rating are less likely to bite on fake-outs. So when a ball carrier attempts a juke on a high-awareness defender, that player is likely to make an appropriate reaction and still make the tackle.

Another example is retuned pursuit angles, where defenders take smarter routes to the ball in order to track down ball carriers and make plays. In addition, defenders will now “break down” and prepare for a tackle as they get close to the ball carrier. This controls their momentum and puts them into the best position to make a play.

As you can see, the defense in Madden NFL 25 is more than ready to meet the challenge posed by offense. Ball carriers may be able to Run Free, but the defense has some powerful weapons of its own.
Which resulted in linebackers not being able to cover TE's in zone or man to save their life, outside runs, defensive backs leaving curl routes wide open, defenders doing strange things in pursuit (i.e. breaking down unnecessarily), and so on and so on...

# 122 ch46647 @ 05/05/14 10:54 AM
Looking at the NHL features this year gives me a SLIGHT glimmer of hope that we may see something special from Madden.

The NHL team is probably 1/8 the size of the Madden team and the features they are touting for NHL 15 are absolutely amazing.

# 123 jmurphy31 @ 05/05/14 11:54 AM
Its annoying that NHL has details on their features and their game comes out after Madden. Not sure why EA has to be so secretive. Does it really help with sales

# 124 jmurphy31 @ 05/05/14 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Looking at the NHL features this year gives me a SLIGHT glimmer of hope that we may see something special from Madden.

The NHL team is probably 1/8 the size of the Madden team and the features they are touting for NHL 15 are absolutely amazing.
I agree with this...Hopefully some of this makes its way to Madden

# 125 Madwolf @ 05/05/14 12:15 PM
Yeah, the NHL features this year are very exciting. Madden cannot be a let down this year with all the good news from Fifa and NHL.

# 126 DeuceDouglas @ 05/05/14 02:55 PM
Something I else I found interesting with the NHL15 features is the partnership with NBC sports. If that were to make it's way into Madden as well, that's ESPN and NBC. They've worked with CBS before. That just leaves Fox for a potential complete authentic broadcast presentation in terms of banners and overlays which would be awesome IMO.

# 127 Aggies7 @ 05/05/14 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Something I else I found interesting with the NHL15 features is the partnership with NBC sports. If that were to make it's way into Madden as well, that's ESPN and NBC. They've worked with CBS before. That just leaves Fox for a potential complete authentic broadcast presentation in terms of banners and overlays which would be awesome IMO.

When it comes to banners I am shocked that all the major Networks don't want to allow their logo in the game. I'm not a business guy, but I would think the NFL/Madden and the Networks could come to an agreement to use each of their broadcast banners.

I would love to see at least two announce crews so every game doesn't feel the same.

# 128 nejisan @ 05/05/14 05:03 PM
I'm a little ticked off that we have more information on NHL15,especially considering that Madden launches first.

# 129 roadman @ 05/05/14 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nejisan
I'm a little ticked off that we have more information on NHL15,especially considering that Madden launches first.
About another month at E3, you will probably be overwhelmed with information.

# 130 DeuceDouglas @ 05/05/14 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
About another month at E3, you will probably be overwhelmed with information.
Exactly. And I wouldn't even say that they revealed more. I didn't really pay attention but I saw the trailer and the feature list of about five or six things. Not sure if they revealed more though. The trailer showed nothing just like Madden's and they announced a cover vote as well. They went a bit more in-depth into the features wording wise but more or less it was an identical 'reveal' of pretty much nothing.

I'd like to see some sort of "playbooks" like they've had in recent years leading up to E3 but I'm not really expecting it with the touting of 'transformation'. Makes me think that nothing will be released and they'll hold another big reveal at E3 much like they did with the IE. But aren't those always the questions aboard the hype train?

# 131 mestevo @ 05/05/14 06:45 PM
The Madden announcement could have been just as wordy as the NHL one and 99% of the replies in this thread would have still been written as-is.

# 132 SageInfinite @ 05/05/14 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
The Madden announcement could have been just as wordy as the NHL one and 99% of the replies in this thread would have still been written as-is.
This is true. Alot of people have gone into wait and see mode with Madden. Personally as much as I have been disappointed this past generation, Madden 25 on PS4 had just enough to keep me interested. I really want to see if they can harness the new power of these systems. I know Madden will never be the game I personally want it to be, but maybe it can be something I can enjoy more than this past gen. Just seems like Madden 25 on PS4 and Xbone was just a "let's get this out the door" port. This whole "transformation" talk has definitely got me interested.

One things for sure, if the bodies of these players are as accurate as the teaser, the animations definitely have to make the leap as well, because it will look even more ridiculous otherwise. One things for sure though, if they can get the animations as smooth looking as the celebration animations on the way to the end zone that they added for next gen, I'll be happy and surprised.

# 133 mercalnd @ 05/05/14 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I hope the dynamic halftime show has highlights from other games. I know posted this in NHL thread but it applies to EA Sports games across the board. There were highlights from other games while you were playing you game in NHL 94. The technology was available then and I imagine it can still be achieved.

Just my opinion.
Actually, back there were basically no visual assets. All they had to do was swap the uniform colors on canned highlight sequence. Nowadays, they'd have to load up a different stadium, a couple different uniforms, different player models (since players have different shapes and quite a few have actual faces now, etc) even if you are just applying all of these things to a canned highlight sequence. It could certainly be done but you'd basically have massive loading times before the highlights of each other game and again before getting back to your game.

# 134 Tengo Juego @ 05/05/14 08:57 PM
Quote:
Add in multiple broadcast teams, and I'm swoon.

# 135 GoodImmigrant @ 05/06/14 09:05 AM
there are two features that would make this game a must buy for me.
1) Scouting mini-games. kinda like in ps2/xbox
-Eventually it would be nice to tie the results of the mini-games to the
draft stories. I like the Trey Wingo addition, but imagine him talking about pro-days and combine performances. (maybe i'm just brained washed by the two extra weeks before the draft)
2) Have coordinator hires bring their own scheme and playbook when hired.
-The best way to keep this feature from being just a change in the playbook would be for coordinators to have ratings. It would be like NCAA 14 but the boosts would be more situational rather than a permanent boost. So instead of getting a +3 strength across the board, it could be only at goal line stands if the coach has a good goal line stand rating.

# 136 Aggies7 @ 05/06/14 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodImmigrant
there are two features that would make this game a must buy for me.

1) Scouting mini-games. kinda like in ps2/xbox

-Eventually it would be nice to tie the results of the mini-games to the

draft stories. I like the Trey Wingo addition, but imagine him talking about pro-days and combine performances. (maybe i'm just brained washed by the two extra weeks before the draft)

2) Have coordinator hires bring their own scheme and playbook when hired.

-The best way to keep this feature from being just a change in the playbook would be for coordinators to have ratings. It would be like NCAA 14 but the boosts would be more situational rather than a permanent boost. So instead of getting a +3 strength across the board, it could be only at goal line stands if the coach has a good goal line stand rating.

I would love the mini games to test out draft picks. Or I would take a Senior Bowl

# 137 DeuceDouglas @ 05/06/14 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Add in multiple broadcast teams, and I'm swoon.
I think the most we'd ever see is two which would still be nice and interesting. If they added like Buck and Aikman or a Fox crew then that would definitely add to franchise presentation. Any more than two though might be too much. Maybe you get a Fox crew and like Nessler and somebody for Primetime games and that could work out nicely with three crews for the three types of games. Definitely looking forward to see what they have in store.

# 138 azdawgpound @ 05/06/14 06:51 PM
Quote:
I think the most we'd ever see is two which would still be nice and interesting. If they added like Buck and Aikman or a Fox crew then that would definitely add to franchise presentation. Any more than two though might be too much. Maybe you get a Fox crew and like Nessler and somebody for Primetime games and that could work out nicely with three crews for the three types of games. Definitely looking forward to see what they have in store.

I doubt we'll ever see more then 1 set of announcers..... because EA would have to pay all them.

its a nice thought though... because then they would have to add a cbs, fox, espn presentation and they don't even wanna use espn now and they have owned that since 2k stopped making games.

# 139 Aggies7 @ 05/06/14 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
I doubt we'll ever see more then 1 set of announcers..... because EA would have to pay all them.

its a nice thought though... because then they would have to add a cbs, fox, espn presentation and they don't even wanna use espn now and they have owned that since 2k stopped making games.

Would anyone like a second set of announcers for the Playoffs and Super Bowl to give it a different atmosphere. Too bad Summerall passed away I would say have him and Madden do the commentary for those games.

Or since they are using the CBS guys in Nantz and Simms, make the the post season guys ( of course with more enthusiasm than they had in Madden 25) and give us another CBS crew for regular season. And I'm not saying EA has a deal with CBS, all I am saying is it would be easier to go to a CBS Production studio and have both announce teams their to record audio.

Just a thought.

# 140 vrtkolman @ 05/07/14 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaints7
They say that their focus is Defense but how does this bode for the Offense? IMO there are still many OL & WR issues that need sorting. So for them just too move from working on the O to the D in 1 season seems weird.
Normally I would agree with you that this seems weird, but if you look at their past versions it makes complete sense. Last year, they focused on the read option because a bunch of teams started running that a few times a game. Now, defense is the latest craze since Seattle destroyed the "best offense ever" in the superbowl.

EA is just appealing to the latest fads, and all the new pass rush moves will just be a gimmick. The core gameplay will still suck.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.