Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Is the handheld version worth your time and money
?

The daily grind of a baseball player is much less enticing than most believe. The constant repetition of doing the same thing every day; the bus rides that last hours upon hours; the crazy and zany promotions in a Minor League Baseball stadium. These are just a few of the obstacles one must work through before suiting up for The Show.

Read More - MLB 14 The Show: Why You Should Pick Up The Vita Version

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 homerjfry @ 05/01/14 04:28 PM
I've had a lot of errors and bugs with my Vita version. Random freezing, stats being wonky and recently, after a game I finished, it's permanently loading to take me back to my schedule. It's really damn annoying. Granted I've had this since day 1 and the perma-loading screen only happened about 20 minutes ago

# 22 duc748s @ 05/01/14 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerjfry
I've had a lot of errors and bugs with my Vita version. Random freezing, stats being wonky and recently, after a game I finished, it's permanently loading to take me back to my schedule. It's really damn annoying. Granted I've had this since day 1 and the perma-loading screen only happened about 20 minutes ago
Well I was gonna say that I only ever had one perm-loading (I was pressing the X to exit a game due to frustration a lot) and some weird screen tearing that make the pitching meter line drag/hesitate, which screws up pitching. But then a home run was hit that was so awesome and awe inspiring that The Show just froze and crashed. I think playing with Barry Bonds is gonna be a problem..............

# 23 Inhocmark @ 05/02/14 09:44 AM
The last bundle with the old LCD screens I believe was The Walking Dead. If you can snag that, its a decent bundle with the older (and perceived as 'better') VITA. And The Walking Dead translates nicely onto the Vita.

# 24 DJ @ 05/02/14 12:12 PM
All 3 Vita versions of MLB The Show have been excellent. Cross-saves with the PS3 is a big reason why I went all-in on a Vita when it launched. I was able to play all 162 games in MLB 12 thanks to this feature.

While I wish that you could still transfer saves on the older games (I get removing online play and roster vault access, but cloud saves should live independently of that), I'm not sure how much I'd play 12 anyway, as I'm really enjoying 14. 13, while a great game, was frustrating for me because that expanded timing window really threw off my hitting. 14 is a nice blend of 12 (you really had to react fast to pull a fastball in that game) and 13 (sit and wait, wait, wait and wait before you swing), so I'm certainly glad I picked the game up.

The Vita may not possess a gigantic library, but there are a lot of quality games out there for the system, so to me, it's well worth the investment.

I just wish we'd get more sports games developed for it. Madden 13 was really good and FIFA (all 3 are basically the same game with updated rosters) is solid. Hot Shots is outstanding.

# 25 ClingingMars @ 05/03/14 05:05 PM
RTTS is unplayable at the moment due to the bug where it hangs after the completion of a game. Very frustrating. If they could fix this it would be a sweet game.

# 26 FAM CEO @ 05/04/14 10:35 PM
The article mentions it will all change on May 6. Is he just referring to the PS4 release?

# 27 Blzer @ 05/04/14 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAM CEO
The article mentions it will all change on May 6. Is he just referring to the PS4 release?
I think he means because you can play the PS4 version using Remote Play, not really handicapping the Vita system because it's essentially just streaming the PS4 version.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.