Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Add another asterisk to Major League Baseball's latest boast -- this time, its belief that, compared to other sports video games, "Baseball is better."*

*Statement applies only to offline game modes. Online experiences may vary.

Of the five major sports games presently available for PlayStation 4, only NBA Live 14 performs worse online than MLB 14: The Show.

Read More - MLB 14 The Show: Online Impressions (PS4)

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 HustlinOwl @ 05/12/14 11:22 AM
Gues Im just that good lol

# 2 RustedWalleye @ 05/12/14 11:55 AM
I played an online game yesterday afternoon, and everything that was said about the latency, lag as the batter was completely true. The timing is so far off during batting that it can really affect you. It took me 7 innings to really get the timing down to hit with the lag, but I did manage to get the bases loaded twice in the 8th and 9th inning due to my opponent being very predictable. I couldnt manage to get a run, and when he finally changed pitchers in the 8th and 9th with strong fastballs it threw my timing off again. My opponent struggled more than I did and struck out 19 times and only managed 4 hits, unfortunately my old age set in yesterday and I couldn't pitch worth a damn and walked 6 straight batters (quick counts), the only two runs of the game, and i lost 2-0.

If the issues would go away I would definitely play more online, but that was too frustrating trying to completely change your timing.

# 3 JKorbini @ 05/12/14 01:29 PM
All my online experiences have been silky smooth, the hitter and batter interface feels like off line. The base running lag, i know how to combat that, but the game is smooth as butter online.

# 4 Sigma4Life @ 05/12/14 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKorbini
All my online experiences have been silky smooth, the hitter and batter interface feels like off line. The base running lag, i know how to combat that, but the game is smooth as butter online.
My experience has been pretty good online as well. Hitting, pitching and fielding are working very well. I've seen horrible lag and sync issues running the bases however. To workaround the base running issues I am just very conservative. I never try to stretch hits or take extra bases on what appears to be bad throws since it's impossible to know where the ball really is due to sync issues.

# 5 Seyheykid23 @ 05/12/14 07:37 PM
The online portion of this game is simply BROKEN and can not believe Sony would release a game with this flaw.

# 6 Coolade @ 05/12/14 09:16 PM
The timing is so bad online depending on who you're playing that. Just. I think the concept of online for a baseball game just isn't feasible.

# 7 Sigma4Life @ 05/13/14 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolade
The timing is so bad online depending on who you're playing that. Just. I think the concept of online for a baseball game just isn't feasible.
Ever heard of High Heat? They had a perfectly playable online mode over 10 years ago so it's more than feasable.

# 8 Coolade @ 05/13/14 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
Ever heard of High Heat? They had a perfectly playable online mode over 10 years ago so it's more than feasable.
You can't really compare a 10 year old baseball game to a 1080p 60fps baseball game in 2014 with todays internet and traffic.

# 9 Townie33 @ 05/13/14 02:44 PM
To say this is an inferior product (online) would be an understatement. Those of us that have purchased this game (and or system) to play online have been grossly misled by SCEA.

# 10 teebee @ 05/13/14 08:10 PM
My impression of online play:

*FARTINGNOISESFARTINGNOISESFARTINGNOISESFARTINGNOI SESFARTINGNOISES*

# 11 Moneyballzs @ 05/13/14 09:51 PM
I'm really sad to read all of this, I was hoping with all the problems it was to play this series online on the PS3 they would of fixed it for this generation

# 12 Sigma4Life @ 05/15/14 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolade
You can't really compare a 10 year old baseball game to a 1080p 60fps baseball game in 2014 with todays internet and traffic.
The graphics are irrelevant since the systems today easily handle 1080p. What you're really saying is a dialup connection or DSL from 10 years ago is superior to a modern broadband connection. You might want to reconsider your thesis because it seems that you don't understand the technology at work here.

# 13 TyshawnH @ 06/30/14 10:04 AM
keep saying my connection to show has been lost server error and this is becoming very frustrating

# 14 HustlinOwl @ 06/30/14 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyshawnH
keep saying my connection to show has been lost server error and this is becoming very frustrating
as of today? Appears they are offline at least the show nation is

# 15 jyoung @ 08/04/14 07:34 PM
Has anyone noticed any improvements to PS4 online performance after the patch?

All the games I've played post-patch have still had the same old latency issues while hitting and the syncing issues whenever the ball is in play.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.