Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports has just released the first official trailer for Madden NFL 15, featuring Carolina Panthers linebacker and Defensive Player of the Year Luke Kuechly.

They have also released details on Madden NFL 15 Ultimate Edition, which includes 30 Madden Ultimate Team pro packs and a draft class pack featuring 10 of the first round draft picks from the 2014 NFL Draft.

You can also see a few new Madden NFL 15 screenshots here.

Deliver on Defense

Set the tone on defense with more control thanks to an all-new arsenal of pass rush moves, contain the open field with intuitive tackling mechanics, and play as a team with redesigned zone and man coverage logic all while being immersed in the play from the other side of the line, with defensive player lock cameras. Madden NFL 15 delivers on defense.

NFL Films Inspired Presentation

Relive the greatest moments in games played with dynamic pre-game and halftime shows , and get your all-access field pass with NFL Films inspired in-game camera angles dropping you right in the heart of an NFL game. Gain a new perspective of the game with six new gameplay cameras to toggle through pre snap on every play. Madden NFL 15 features NFL Films inspired presentation.

Know Your Opponent

Call your plays with confidence using data from millions of online games played by Madden gamers and test your new found skills through intense challenges and conditions in The Gauntlet. Madden NFL 15 gives you the advantage to know your opponent.

Madden NFL 15 arrives on August 26th for Xbox One, PS4, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Read the full press release below.

Fans Get First Look at Gameplay and New Trailer Starring Luke Kuechly

Madden Season is right around the corner, as today EA SPORTS released the first official gameplay video for Madden NFL 15. The video, featuring Carolina Panthers linebacker Luke Kuechly, underscores the key focus in this year’s game, a commitment to improved defense.

New defensive features and mechanics allow fans to transform into their rival’s worst nightmare, with an arsenal of new pass rush moves, new open-field tackling mechanics, new defensive cameras and much more. More details surrounding Madden NFL 15, including in-depth info on defensive improvements, presentation enhancements and more will be announced next week at E3.

Madden NFL 15 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and will be available on August 26 in North America and on August 29 in the EU for Xbox One, the all-in-one entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. A version of Madden NFL 15 will also release on Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and the PlayStation®3 entertainment system. To learn more about Madden NFL 15, visit http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl.

Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bodymore @ 06/06/14 10:01 AM
We were blown away by other titles (2k14, The Show) after looking at trailers on youtube. The same thing was said last year when they released the espn video. Not impressed at all.

# 22 therealsmallville @ 06/06/14 10:06 AM
That Sherman pic looks as accurate as Kap's; his mouth is wide open. Looks pretty real to me :-P

# 23 msdm27 @ 06/06/14 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
That Sherman pic looks as accurate as Kap's; his mouth is wide open. Looks pretty real to me :-P
He's much thicker than his real self..... the player model is basically the same old Madden model. The face has clearly been scanned, that's good.

And again, LOOK AT THE GRASS ON THAT PIC!!!!!!

# 24 MajorSupreme @ 06/06/14 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Graphics look the same in motions. Animations and movement look the same.

Alarmed by what I see in the video.

-At the snap all LBs are already in full sprints towards the LOS instead of reading and then reacting, ok fine maybe the play call was ALL LBs DOG.

-But at :47 the OLB willfully gives up contain and runs right into a block from the TE. He doesn't try to stay on TE outside shoulder at all. This is taught at the JV level if not sooner. The defense can't be truly fixed until this aspect of the game is fixed. This is an example of the game within the game the one-on-one within the team aspect. That OLB and should be outside the TE and that TE should be trying to turn that OLBs shoulders. Which should be determined by Run Block Rating and Block Shed rating.
Why is there always something rather important that is never fixed? I really wonder... I'm still holding on to a chance that they'll show something pretty great at E3. Probably being wishful, but we'll see.

# 25 CM Hooe @ 06/06/14 10:08 AM
I want to know more about "redesigned man and zone coverage" from the fact sheet on the web page linked at the end of the video.

The video looks nice, but I still want to see the game in full unfiltered motion.

# 26 therealsmallville @ 06/06/14 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
He's much thicker than his real self..... the player model is basically the same old Madden model. The face has clearly been scanned, that's good.

And again, LOOK AT THE GRASS ON THAT PIC!!!!!!
I was only talking about his mouth and how, just like real life, it's wide open instead of closed :-P

I didn't comment on the rest lol

# 27 BezO @ 06/06/14 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

The top photo has the advantage of being touched up in post however they see fit, mostly with regard to the fidelity. The lower capture has the disadvantage of being YouTube compressed up the ****ter. I know people always give the YT compression excuse for a lot of things that just don't cut it, but for people who want to try and be funny and say these aren't the same game, this is where compression is kicking us right now as customers. Yes, this is the same game. Either you were overwhelmed by CK or you are underwhelmed by the trailer.

The CK picture was unfair to begin with. The Niners have a distinct color palette that give the 'warm' look of reality, Kaep has a distinct face (probably even a unique model), and those tattoos really help sell the authenticity. It just all worked out perfectly. It was a well marketed shot. They wouldn't be revealing a trailer moments after if they didn't think they could keep you grabbed the same way. Maybe a true HD download will serve best for them if they can put one up. This will also sound weird, but Kaep's mouth being open gives life to the picture, and it's a realistic open mouth. NBA 2K has trouble with players opening their mouths realistically haha.

Now, I will give you that I can recognize some aliasing, hence the muddy shadow contrast that I was referring to (and other parts during the trailer), so I doubt when it comes to optimization that you will get that game that you want. But to be unimpressed by the graphics? I don't know, guys. I mean yeah, I don't really like how this game moves at all, and like I said the jerseys don't change at all as they play... but I think visually, this game is not only pretty stunning, but leaps and bounds over M25. I think if an NFL 2K game came out, it would take a lot to get the authentic visual detail to match with this game. As far as a next-gen experience goes, I think at least 70% of it is the visual improvements. EA is taking the right strides IMO.

Oh, and those new shots are terrible. Someone played with the sharpening knob a little too much in post.
I can get with some of this, but...

If the Kap flick is touched up, that's deceiving.

Like you said, the lighting/shadows in the Kuechly flick is not the same. Is that due to compression?

And the 2 additional flicks that were posted don't live up to the Kap flick either.

And the poor animation doesn't help.

Compared to 2K, when they release stills & vids, they're both impressive. There's no need to lean on the compression crutch.

# 28 m1ke_nyc @ 06/06/14 10:10 AM
Didnt see anything there to get me excited, but I wont pass judgment on that short clip.

# 29 RyanLaFalce @ 06/06/14 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Are you saying "the same as M25" or "the same as the Kaep picture"? If it's the former, I agree with you. If it's the latter... I don't really know where your argument is going with YT compression haha.
What I'm saying is, don't judge the game off the first gameplay trailer that is uploaded to YouTube when we haven't seen anything at E3 yet. YouTube makes the best game look meh so hopefully they upload an uncompressed video somewhere else, or at E3.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

# 30 noplace @ 06/06/14 10:15 AM
Quote:

-At the snap all LBs are already in full sprints towards the LOS instead of reading and then reacting, ok fine maybe the play call was ALL LBs DOG.

-But at :47 the OLB willfully gives up contain and runs right into a block from the TE. He doesn't try to stay on TE outside shoulder at all. This is taught at the JV level if not sooner. The defense can't be truly fixed until this aspect of the game is fixed. This is an example of the game within the game the one-on-one within the team aspect. That OLB and should be outside the TE and that TE should be trying to turn that OLBs shoulders. Which should be determined by Run Block Rating and Block Shed rating.
Maddens major flaw, they ignore these things in fear of killing the so called fun factor.. This game has never implemented the basic fundamentals and assignment football. Instead they are programmed to engage whether the play is there to be made or not.. It’s a shame we’re in 2014 and this has not been addressed. Madden is Madden and what you see is what you’re get. Expect a more polished version of Madden 25 and we’ll have to roll with it..

# 31 Only1LT @ 06/06/14 10:19 AM
After seeing the trailer, I feel totally justified in having my initial opinion to the screenshot of Kap. *The actual game will look nothing like that*

Why the hell can't I ever be wrong about Madden?!

# 32 SageInfinite @ 06/06/14 10:22 AM
It's true man. Madden is Madden. Whether trailer or gameplay, what you see is what you usually get. Unless it's at a system launch, then it's usually what you see, you don't get, lol.

# 33 BezO @ 06/06/14 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
...I wonder if they fixed the issue with outside runs due to everyone on defense ignoring their gaps and crashing?
From the looks of Lester's & DeCoud's reaction, no. One of them should've been the force defender.

# 34 Blzer @ 06/06/14 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
After seeing the trailer, I feel totally justified in having my initial opinion to the screenshot of Kap. *The actual game will look nothing like that*
For someone who hasn't owned a Madden since '98 (okay I own '12, but I bought it for $10 and played it once), I can't agree with this statement. I don't think there was any deception in that first shot, at least compared to that of the E3 trailer. I think they look very much alike.

# 35 atc43 @ 06/06/14 10:30 AM
Quote:

Dont expect this level of football knowledge to ever be in Madden, hell that level of football knowledge, like you said, is BASIC STUFF that every Freshman football player knows.

Imagine while gameplanning/practicing for a game in Madden you can set your OLBs to keep contain on outside runs and have the MLBs scrape and fill the holes or, you could switch it up and have the OLBs play hard inside the last man and have your great tackling safety's take responsibility for the outside run. The thing of dreams in Madden. We'll never see that :/

# 36 JCHISENH2016 @ 06/06/14 10:34 AM
It has gotten to the point where I truly believe that the public just hates Madden. I understand that this game is not as great as it could be, and NFL 2k5, gameplay-wise, outdoes every Madden game made since then. However, EA, in my opinion took a huge step in the right direction with M25 NG. It was not what they showed in their trailers, but it was a game that had improved blocking, better running, better graphics, and better lighting than any previous Madden, including M25 last-gen. Looking at these videos and screenshots, this looks way better than what Madden put out last year, and that seems good to me. Stop saying that this is a "disappointment" before you even see more than a one minute trailer that features barely any gameplay at all.

# 37 BucksFan5Covers @ 06/06/14 10:35 AM
Both Screens were at different times of day.... that is why the shadows are different. CK picture appears tobe around sunset while Kuechly is around noon. Plus one picture is slightly compressed and the other is not.

# 38 RyanLaFalce @ 06/06/14 10:36 AM
Well, I give up. I guess I didn't make enough sense.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

# 39 dghustla @ 06/06/14 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
That's the safety, but yeah, EA hasn't figured that out yet.
Honestly the more I watch it, the more it looks like 2 different plays, where did #82 come from to blow up that safety?

But either way the Safety or OLB wasthe farthest outside defender and at the snap on the play that defender has already comprised his assignment.

Maybe this is one isolated event, maybe it is fixed, but since this has been one of my biggest gripes for a long time, it was the first thing I looked for.

# 40 CubFan23 @ 06/06/14 10:45 AM
While I think that Madden on PS4 was a graphical upgrade the gameplay was lacking and to me you can have the best looking game with out of this world graphics but after the ohhh and ahhh effect of shiny new graphics, it's whats under the hood that counts.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.