Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Following yesterday's deluge of Madden NFL 15 info, it's only right to follow that up with another day of extensive details on the game, including hands-on impressions from our friends over at GoodGameBro.

The first thing you will notice about the game is that, "for the first time in a long while I feel as if Madden NFL finally gives us a “full” experience on the field, something it hasn’t done in quite some time."

The defense is the star of the gameplay for sure, with noticeable improvements at every turn. The defensive line play receives high praise, as does the tackling for adding something to the defensive side of the ball that the series has been missing for quite some time.

The tackling and defensive line aren't the only things which have received treatment. The article states that the zone coverage A.I. is completely rewritten and actually works. In one anecdote about Corey's time with the game, "Seattle was incredibly tough to beat in their Cover 3, and players reacted to passes in a much more realistic manner."

A few more gems:

On adaptive A.I.: "Another solid improvement comes with a new Adaptive AI system, that helps create an environment where the CPU can start to read how you’re controlling your offense. The days of running “Strong Power” to the outside are over, as CPU opponents will pick up on repeated plays as the game moves forward. To test this, I purposely ran 4 HB screens in a row to see what would happen. The first one went for a gain of 12, the second went for a gain of 4, the third was stuffed right away for an incompletion and the fourth attempt was picked-off for a TD."

The tackle cone can be toggled on and off, with the plan to set it to off for the higher difficulties.

On QB Accuracy: "QB accuracy was completely re-written, and now ratings will play a much bigger role in just how successful a throw will be. In short, a ball can go almost anywhere now. You won’t see passes to a receiver’s numbers 100% of the time. In fact, you’ll see low passes, passes behind the target, errant throws, over-throws, bouncers and wobbly spirals."

Kick Meter: "Kick meter is much like the Tiger Woods PGA Tour swing mechanic. You still pull back and then forward, but if you aim left or right, you have to actually coordinate your stick movement in that direction, meaning a kick left to right needs a diagonal left to diagonal right press. The more severe the angle, the further you push the stick off-center."

Be sure to check out the full article on GoodGameBro for tons of other details!

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 N51_rob @ 06/10/14 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Everything SOUNDS promising,but as it's been stated anything can sound good,the obvious test will be how it all plays out once the game is released to the masses.

This sounds promising (at least to me)....

But what I am more surprised about is with the attention being made to the defensive side of things (about time...lol) there was no mention of pass interference anywhere (unless I missed it)

While I hope it's true about the other penalties being called more frequently,I thought for sure this penalty would be called alot as well.
You can't have PI is the WR/DB never touch each other downfield...

# 62 Kramer5150 @ 06/10/14 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
You can't have PI is the WR/DB never touch each other downfield...
you can inside of 5 yards.......lol

# 63 burter @ 06/11/14 01:28 AM
Yes this sounds good and all, but to me it just feels like the same stuff we have read before. Like someone posted, it feels like the same article 5+ years and running.

I just look at "the AI will stop you if you try to run the same play over and over" and I realize that was said the last billion years. I mean really. I hope to god this game is some what good, but I can't take the obvious "blow the game up to a make it look great" again this year. It's been too many years of this....... I seriously hope I'm dead wrong. For once with this game I hope most of us are dead wrong.

# 64 Swauny Jones @ 06/11/14 12:21 PM
Is this the type of madden game we've all been finally waiting for? Dam you analysis has me pumped for this game.

# 65 BezO @ 06/11/14 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
...but he also says that during the play that animations have been greatly improved and look realistic. The animations look the same. Unless he is playing some other build that has nothing in common with the trailers that have been shown, they look the same. If there is some other build where they are actually improved, heaven only knows why they aren't showing that one.

Very exciting additions. I only wish I could believe them.
This is why there are only 4-5 people here that I would put stock in their impressions. James swerving up the sidelines and most of the tackle animations in the phone cam vid give the impression that animations still suck.

And with no details given regarding the adaptive AI, I'm not buying it. Even if it's harder to abuse the CPU, it's the HOW I'm concerned with. And is it just against the CPU, or is it for all CPU controlled players (against another user)?

# 66 BezO @ 06/11/14 02:41 PM
And for anyone that knows, with just 2 buttons for all finesse & power moves, does this mean there's still no control over which finesse & power move you use?

# 67 testudoaubreii @ 06/11/14 03:27 PM
I don't know if it was the YouTube video, but I noticed some jerky/choppy motions and animations. I think that I witnessed some sliding, as well. I also noticed that the sidelines are pretty much the same as last years, as far as models and reactions. However, I will hold off for more gameplay before I make any more judgements on the sidelines. It is just what I saw in the video.

I can say that it does look better. There is definitely an improvement from last years look. The players look alright and I do like the down marker and the score station at the top of the screen.

Other than that, I cannot say that I am all that impressed with what I have seen...which, admittedly, is not much at all. Honestly, it still looks like Madden to me. Good thing? Bad Thing? A little bit of both right now, I suppose.

I want to stay positive about it until it comes out, or we see a newer build, but it looks like this is pretty much what we will be getting this year. I don't know what build we saw, but there are only a few months left before release. If this is a newer build, I cannot see it being too different from the game play video.

Well, here is to hoping that this year is awesome . I really want it to be.

# 68 LorenzoDC @ 06/11/14 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by testudoaubreii
I don't know if it was the YouTube video, but I noticed some jerky/choppy motions and animations. I think that I witnessed some sliding, as well. I also noticed that the sidelines are pretty much the same as last years, as far as models and reactions. However, I will hold off for more gameplay before I make any more judgements on the sidelines. It is just what I saw in the video.

I can say that it does look better. There is definitely an improvement from last years look. The players look alright and I do like the down marker and the score station at the top of the screen.

Other than that, I cannot say that I am all that impressed with what I have seen...which, admittedly, is not much at all. Honestly, it still looks like Madden to me. Good thing? Bad Thing? A little bit of both right now, I suppose.

I want to stay positive about it until it comes out, or we see a newer build, but it looks like this is pretty much what we will be getting this year. I don't know what build we saw, but there are only a few months left before release. If this is a newer build, I cannot see it being too different from the game play video.

Well, here is to hoping that this year is awesome . I really want it to be.
A lot of us share the feeling. We've been through the cycle over the years of getting high promises and bad deliveries. We've had years of hope where we tell ourselves, "well, it's just an early build, don't go nuts about the early video," and so on. And we

just

can't

do it

anymore.

All these legacy issues just drain the fun out of the game, but also, the whole history of bad faith marketing and poor product design and development have drained our ability to have any hope or enthusiasm as football gamers.

We can look at what the current team is doing and credit them with toning down the rhetoric and making better strategic choices on development, moving to sim, etc. And we appreciate it. Seriously. And we're rooting for them.

But each step they take in that direction, however laudable, only highlights how far broken the game has been for so long, from its very foundations.

I find myself really wondering if I can wait, or if I even care anymore. I'm typing this, so I do obviously care. But will the game be fun to play, or more important, replay over and over? When will it be different enough and repaired enough and sim enough to really be a fun, new game?

I dunno.

# 69 testudoaubreii @ 06/11/14 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
A lot of us share the feeling. We've been through the cycle over the years of getting high promises and bad deliveries. We've had years of hope where we tell ourselves, "well, it's just an early build, don't go nuts about the early video," and so on. And we

just

can't

do it

anymore.

All these legacy issues just drain the fun out of the game, but also, the whole history of bad faith marketing and poor product design and development have drained our ability to have any hope or enthusiasm as football gamers.

We can look at what the current team is doing and credit them with toning down the rhetoric and making better strategic choices on development, moving to sim, etc. And we appreciate it. Seriously. And we're rooting for them.

But each step they take in that direction, however laudable, only highlights how far broken the game has been for so long, from its very foundations.

I find myself really wondering if I can wait, or if I even care anymore. I'm typing this, so I do obviously care. But will the game be fun to play, or more important, replay over and over? When will it be different enough and repaired enough and sim enough to really be a fun, new game?

I dunno.
Thanks for your response.

I part in bold is something that I have been struggling with for quite a while. I want to play Madden year round, not just during the football season. However, I always wind up trading it in after a season. Is that a personal problem? Well, yeah, kind of. However, I, like you and many others here, want to have fun playing the game all year round. I want to feel immersed in a Sunday/Monday/Thursday game every time I play.

I don't know...I don't see it being too much different then the previous year.

# 70 OhMrHanky @ 06/12/14 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Official_Mole
I 100% understand the Community's thoughts on this and I too was someone who pushed the feedback that we need more of these catch animations to happen. I can't speak for the entire company, but what I can tell you is that the passing changes made for Madden 15 have opened a wider variety of catch animations that make the game fresh.

I was actually able to find them to some degree in madden 25 by upping the WR catch slider to 64. After tweaking the hell out of the sliders the past 6 months, I sort of felt that that's what sliders do, add or delete animations. At 50, I was seeing so many of the same animations, and the WR catch animations were often bad. Rare toe taps from top WRs. WRs running routes out of bounds for no reason. Coming back to the ball for no reason, etc. At WR catch 64, suddenly the WRs were jumping, challenging for the ball. Most WRs would toe tap and rarely ran routes out of bounds. QB animations were the other way around. At 50, they never threw off their back foot. At 15, they fall backwards, throw off their back foot, etc. Now, this is not what anyone wants, IMO. All the animations should be there whether you're playing pro, all-pro, etc., whether you change sliders or not, and it sounds like this may be fixed. But, I just wanted to mention that as I was reading your discussion about WR animations and how they got triggered. I saw them in 25, but only after I upped WR catch slider, which is kind of a BS way to go about it for madden. Looking forward to what I'm seeing with 15 and hope to see the QB inaccuracies working out of the box and the catch animations out of the box as well. Not so much a question to pass onto to the rev team, but u can give them kudos on making the icons underneath the player (or the tackling cone) toggle on/off. For me, personally, as someone who's played madden from the beginning, and wants as sim experience as possible, seeing a little icon underneath my player sort of kills the realistic experience. Lol. The more choices we as gamers can toggle on/off, the BETTER!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.