Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

Much like watching a UFC PPV, playing an online game so far during the debut on the next generation of systems can be very hit and miss. No matter the genre, some games have outperformed expectations, while others have left its customer base wondering if they’ll ever get it right. With the ushering in of these new systems, the expectations for a smooth online experience has never been higher, or more important than now. So how does EA Sports UFC stand up against these lofty hopes and expectations?

Read More - EA Sports UFC: Online Impressions

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TheXFactor12345 @ 06/23/14 02:20 PM
Co-op career? In mma?? It would have to be like a MMO-MMA-RPG

# 2 Coolade @ 06/23/14 04:21 PM
For those unaware of why it's important to join an online forum league when it comes to matchmaking in this game to ensure you have a good experience with this game online, the following are the main issues.

1. Rivalry mode with a single friend is stupid. After every single fight you're back in the main menu. There is no rematch button. No persistent online lobby. You have to go back in, highlight your friend, and send another invite, which he then has to go into the PS menu, and accept the invite. It's tedious and really weird.

2. Quitters online can ruin the online experience. When someone quits on you, they are not punished. That is fine, but the person being quit on should at least be given a 2 point victory. Madden ultimate team you're given a win. You can be quit on 7 times in a row, 1st round. 2nd round, 3rd round, doesn't matter, you get zero credit. Oh, and your DNF% will go up when you're quit on, match making you with more quitters in the future.

3. No online fight cards, from ea MMA. Makes playing with a group of friends impossible and it's a disappointment.

# 3 suaveMMA @ 06/25/14 12:23 AM
lol this game is so broken online, quitters always quite and i dont even get a win, clinch is so broken when you are put against the cage, groundd game is tooat least stand up spammers can be punished, but man the clinch the random black belt level guys love exploiting that crap

# 4 unBEARable @ 06/25/14 02:42 AM
No lobby in rival matches? That is just daft.

There is also no player lobby in unranked as well so if you do have a good fight with someone you can never have a rematch. Sometimes it takes longer going through the menus and loading then it does to finish the fight.

Gets old fast.

The game is bare bones including the roster and it's a joke that they charged full price for it IMHO.

# 5 True2form @ 06/25/14 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheXFactor12345
Co-op career? In mma?? It would have to be like a MMO-MMA-RPG
Thats a great idea. MMA MMO RPG! Great idea!

# 6 JayAtkHar @ 06/26/14 08:26 AM
This game needs to allow created fighters. Put everyone to the test. It's been really smooth for so far online. I beat career mode in a week. It's really easy even on pro. Still can't knock out GSP tho

# 7 speedtrucker @ 12/18/14 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolade
For those unaware of why it's important to join an online forum league when it comes to matchmaking in this game to ensure you have a good experience with this game online, the following are the main issues.

1. Rivalry mode with a single friend is stupid. After every single fight you're back in the main menu. There is no rematch button. No persistent online lobby. You have to go back in, highlight your friend, and send another invite, which he then has to go into the PS menu, and accept the invite. It's tedious and really weird.

2. Quitters online can ruin the online experience. When someone quits on you, they are not punished. That is fine, but the person being quit on should at least be given a 2 point victory. Madden ultimate team you're given a win. You can be quit on 7 times in a row, 1st round. 2nd round, 3rd round, doesn't matter, you get zero credit. Oh, and your DNF% will go up when you're quit on, match making you with more quitters in the future.

3. No online fight cards, from ea MMA. Makes playing with a group of friends impossible and it's a disappointment.
dangit, just got this on EA Access and this is what I was coming to ask... loved the fight card online ability with EA MMA...

# 8 Pappy Knuckles @ 06/02/15 09:52 PM
Just ran into Mike Meth online. Nice little striking battle. He definitely brought some Fight Night to the cage with him.

# 9 NYG_Meth @ 06/02/15 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Just ran into Mike Meth online. Nice little striking battle. He definitely brought some Fight Night to the cage with him.
I'm much better at Fight Night lol. Good fight, buddy!

# 10 fballturkey @ 06/06/15 01:04 AM
Honestly I've run into very few cheesers in this game online, and I've played it more online than any other sports game I've ever owned. Being able to fire up a match and finish in ~10 minutes is a huge plus for people on a busy schedule. There are balancing things that could be improved but I haven't ever had this much fun online in a sports game.

# 11 Pappy Knuckles @ 06/06/15 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Honestly I've run into very few cheesers in this game online, and I've played it more online than any other sports game I've ever owned. Being able to fire up a match and finish in ~10 minutes is a huge plus for people on a busy schedule. There are balancing things that could be improved but I haven't ever had this much fun online in a sports game.
No doubt. I'd say that 90% of my fights are positive experiences. You'll never totally get rid of online trash, though. Here is a nice little message I received after a split decision loss to this guy. Class personified.

# 12 fballturkey @ 06/06/15 03:39 PM
I got yelled at by someone using Bruce Lee during a match for parrying all their head kicks.

Head kicks were literally the only thing they did for the entire short match. Just head kick after head kick. I parried till they got tired then knocked them out.

But yeah, most of my fights have been fun and competitive, with a minimal amount of cheesing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.