Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 15 gameplay video, submitted by dts5381, AKA Smitty on Twitter.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 jpdavis82 @ 07/04/14 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
These look like football though. They resemble what I feel like football should look like on a console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MIxS7O6Zgw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pqN7bvsOjA

This ain't there yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l45HImx7sLI
The running in this video looks way better than what you posted from apf IMO
http://youtu.be/qLXqcWKKFJo

# 102 SageInfinite @ 07/04/14 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The running in this video looks way better than what you posted from apf IMO
http://youtu.be/qLXqcWKKFJo
Yeah everything looks better zoomed in and edited, lol. Either way, IT'S SUPPOSED TO LOOK BETTER. This game is 7 years old, and it's STILL debatable. APF looks natural, madden looks stiff. There's no headtracking in madden. Players heads turn with their body. Both are videogames clearly, but imo one looks more realistic, and that's APF.

# 103 jpdavis82 @ 07/04/14 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
I guess I'll never understand... Is there some secret compensation package that I don't know about for putting on special goggles to view madden as something that it clearly isn't? I don't get how it benefits anyone to convince oneself (or others) that madden is better than it really is. I swear, it's like convincing people that a Toyota Camry handles better than a Ferrari. The inability to separate between WANTING something to be great and its actual level of greatness (or lack there of in this case) is baffling.

The line play in Madden is not close to the best ever in a football game. It has tons of issues that have been well documented here and all over social media. I even sent JP a video last week, which of course, got no response. The player movement and interaction in Madden are not good. Even the developers themselves have acknowledged this. The game is being rewritten for a reason. Madden 15, 16 nor 17 will not be the game that makes us forget about past football games. Let's be real here.
You don't think even by 17????? I'm saying 16 and in ways 15 will outdo previous football games.

# 104 SageInfinite @ 07/04/14 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
The line play in Madden is not close to the best ever in a football game.
Especially not in Madden 25 when I've seen pass rush animations that look like they're on rails. Certain animations are only available to the AI, and certain animations are only available to the user. If I see that in 15 it'll be more proof of how good this team at Tiburon is. I mean line play was a FOCUS last year, and this crap was added on purpose just to say, "see look, we did add this".

# 105 kehlis @ 07/04/14 06:16 PM
Quote:
You don't think even by 17????? I'm saying 16 and in ways 15 will outdo previous football games.
Sure, hasn't been fixed in 10 years but I have full faith it will be fixed by 17. Makes total sense.

# 106 SageInfinite @ 07/04/14 06:19 PM
Quote:
Like Journey said, "Don't stop believin'....."

# 107 Nexgenrulz @ 07/04/14 06:19 PM
Looks just like Madden 14. Pass.

# 108 Senator Palmer @ 07/04/14 07:16 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I asked you this earlier in another post but it was easy to miss, so I'll ask again.

With all your optimism about this "new" team, how do you account for what they say they're going to do in comparison to the lack of polish and depth to the things they've already done?
I'm not one to pile on, but I've got a question for jp (real talk). What is it about this team that makes you have so much faith?

I'll tell you were my sketicism is coming from. You cite Cam's presence quite a bit as some determining factor in the game making a drastic change from the previous cycles. Well, I'll tell you I was terribly excited when he came on; even moreso when I found out that he was a former quarterback. I thought finally, we'd see some real authenticity. We've got a man running the show that actually played the game.

At the very least I was sure that the quarterback play would be greatly improved, but in the three years that Cam has been head of the show I could argue that the quarterback play has gotten worse (at best it has stagnated). They seem to have gone away from signature throwing motions. Quarterback ball carriage is horrible. Footwork in the pocket is horrible, QB rollouts against their throwing shoulder are horrible, the dropbacks and pivots from under center to hand the ball off are exactly the same as they've been since the PS2 days. Even with the new little animations they've added (the little flip for instance) nothing's really changed the dynamic of that position.

Furthermore, there's talk out of both sides of the Madden machine that they are all about creating an absolute sim of a game, yet last year when the question was asked to Clint Oldenburg about botches snaps and such being included, his response was basically they're not really pushing for that kinda thing because of tournament guys. I'm paraphrasing the but the answer was basically, they can't have a guy lose a tourney game on a dice roll play like that that the user has no contol over.

After all that one has to wonder just how much of a stamp Cam and this team are really putting on this game, because so far it seems business as usual; the yearly incremental upgrade. Better? Yes. But groundbreaking and putting all games before it to shame? No.

(On a slight sidenote because that botched snap thing really bothered me when I read it:)

Why is it that a game like The Show is able to have options upon options, I mean endless options, yet Madden still takes the cookie-cutter, all things to all people approach? In The Show, for example, you have the choice between throwing interfaces for your fielders. One (BUTTONS ACCURACY) where the user in 100% control of the throwing power and accuracy, or another one (BUTTONS) where you just control the throwing power and the ratings dictate the outcomes. And every once in a while on BUTTONS you'll see and offline throw or a throw over someone's head.

Now some people in community hated having something like that randomly happen in the game. But instead of eliminating bad throws from fielders, they added the BUTTONS ACCURACY option. Why is that Madden has never been able to do something along those lines? How much creative vision does something like that take?

# 109 kehlis @ 07/04/14 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
(On a slight sidenote because that botched snap thing really bothered me when I read it:)

Why is it that a game like The Show is able to have options upon options, I mean endless options, yet Madden still takes the cookie-cutter, all things to all people approach? In The Show, for example, you have the choice between throwing interfaces for your fielders. One (BUTTONS ACCURACY) where the user in 100% control of the throwing power and accuracy, or another one (BUTTONS) where you just control the throwing power and the ratings dictate the outcomes. And every once in a while on BUTTONS you'll see and offline throw or a throw over someone's head.

Now some people in community hated having something like that randomly happen in the game. But instead of eliminating bad throws from fielders, they added the BUTTONS ACCURACY option. Why is that Madden has never been able to do something along those lines? How much creative vision does something like that take?
An even better comparison to your point of botched snaps and what the show offers is that they have Balks as an on/off thing. Seems simple enough to me.

# 110 Nza @ 07/04/14 07:22 PM
What were they thinking when they recorded the "That's an interception" commentary? He couldn't have sounded less interested and excited if he tried.

# 111 Kramer5150 @ 07/04/14 09:11 PM
Quote:
The fact that these "Maddens" are even being mentioned as "outdoing" previous "football games" is a joke.

I'm tired of hearing that the "tech" isn't available...which is clearly not correct,as the stuff we're asking for as been done.

Madden has been playing catch-up for almost 10 years now,not only with "other football" games,but other sports games in general.

How sad is it that it takes a "breakdown" of an E3 vid to see improvements in gameplay?....if the additions were as prominent as EA claimed,then they would pop out of the screen....and why would they do that? because Madden has been so bad in areas,that the improvements would be easy to see.

As it stands now,we need to see a "breakdown" of gameplay to see anything.
Also,if you feel the need to label me an EA *****...think again,I play the living daylights outta NCAA 14,and have played every Madden since 99.

If for what ever reason you need my "Madden credentials" before 99,I was playing music in bands...so video games weren't on my radar at the time.

# 112 jpdavis82 @ 07/05/14 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiX
The dude's gonna side with Madden no matter what so what's the point of arguing with him? Let bygones be bygones.
Not true, if they don't come through in a big way by 16 I'll be on the "dark side". Lol

I'm going to wait for 15 to come out before I reply to some of this stuff. I've felt all along that Cam & Rex's vision was for next gen, so 15 will be a better barometer of this team's potential.

# 113 jaynral @ 07/05/14 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
These look like football though. They resemble what I feel like football should look like on a console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MIxS7O6Zgw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pqN7bvsOjA

This ain't there yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l45HImx7sLI
I seriously almost cried watching those first 2 videos......That was real video game football at its peak....I did not get bored watching that video like I do madden...Im sorry, just being honest. The pocket forming every play, the physics, the ball physics, the tackling, gang tackling, the catches,...The first couple plays where the RB ran up the middle and went head on with the safety was Simply F'ing beautiful...IN madden that would have been the safety hitting the RB who is coming full speed get hit not tackles off his feet...terrible ...and then I watched the 3rd video and if truly felt like I had a great weekend and HAD(only football game) to go back to work on monday , i hate my job feeling. Madden has got to f'ing step it up.......

# 114 Kramer5150 @ 07/05/14 01:06 AM
Quote:
I've felt all along that Cam & Rex's vision was for next gen, so 15 will be a better barometer of this team's potential.
Really?....is that why you were saying the same stuff during...Madden 13 and Madden 25 for current gen.

So many excuses...it's so comical at this point.

# 115 thesubmittedone @ 07/05/14 02:19 AM
Quote:
Not true, if they don't come through in a big way by 16 I'll be on the "dark side". Lol

I'm going to wait for 15 to come out before I reply to some of this stuff. I've felt all along that Cam & Rex's vision was for next gen, so 15 will be a better barometer of this team's potential.
JP, you said the same exact thing about 15 (that if it isn't a huge step you're done) and now you're simply backtracking. You fully expected this game to be "the one" and after it was revealed you realized it wasn't anywhere near the big step we all were hoping it'd be. Just look at your OP in the E3 Video thread. You said you had a feeling it's going to "blow us away".

Why are you still placing your hope in a team that clearly doesn't deserve it? They don't deserve the effort you've put on here debating people for them. It's such utter bs that you've given so much for them and all they've done is shame you.

It's time you realize they don't deserve your optimism anymore. They've failed. Miserably.

That's not saying they're not improving this game or doing a better job than other teams at Tiburon have in the past. I think they are. But this game is in no way, shape or form a good game in comparison to any next gen offering let alone the vast majority of current gen games. If you narrow it down to just sports titles, it's arguably the worst one.

There's simply no way of dressing that up. I know deep down you see it. I know you must've been extremely disappointed when you saw the E3 videos this year. You deserved better and it's time you started seeing that.

# 116 kjcheezhead @ 07/05/14 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I'm not one to pile on, but I've got a question for jp (real talk). What is it about this team that makes you have so much faith?

I'll tell you were my sketicism is coming from. You cite Cam's presence quite a bit as some determining factor in the game making a drastic change from the previous cycles. Well, I'll tell you I was terribly excited when he came on; even moreso when I found out that he was a former quarterback. I thought finally, we'd see some real authenticity. We've got a man running the show that actually played the game.

At the very least I was sure that the quarterback play would be greatly improved, but in the three years that Cam has been head of the show I could argue that the quarterback play has gotten worse (at best it has stagnated). They seem to have gone away from signature throwing motions. Quarterback ball carriage is horrible. Footwork in the pocket is horrible, QB rollouts against their throwing shoulder are horrible, the dropbacks and pivots from under center to hand the ball off are exactly the same as they've been since the PS2 days. Even with the new little animations they've added (the little flip for instance) nothing's really changed the dynamic of that position.

Furthermore, there's talk out of both sides of the Madden machine that they are all about creating an absolute sim of a game, yet last year when the question was asked to Clint Oldenburg about botches snaps and such being included, his response was basically they're not really pushing for that kinda thing because of tournament guys. I'm paraphrasing the but the answer was basically, they can't have a guy lose a tourney game on a dice roll play like that that the user has no contol over.

After all that one has to wonder just how much of a stamp Cam and this team are really putting on this game, because so far it seems business as usual; the yearly incremental upgrade. Better? Yes. But groundbreaking and putting all games before it to shame? No.

The botched snap response was a real eye opener for me as well.

Where I lost my faith with this team going true sim was Madden 13 and the decision to add "throw a wr open". That was the most arcade addition to this game in years and it was one of the first ones this team implemented.

If madden is ever going to a true simulation it has to go to route based passing at some point. Adding that would've fixed qb accuracy, improved the defense and balanced the game more than any addition they've done to this year's game. These devs cater to the tourney crowd just like previous teams though so it'll probably never happen.

# 117 jpdavis82 @ 07/05/14 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
That's not saying much, because the only thing they have to compare it too is the last version of Madden which is not a good football game, so people will be impressed with improved version of a bad football game. People might be impressed for the first couple month, but wait to 4-6 months in, the complaints will start rolling in.
I'll take that bet. There will be complaints but 15 is the turning point for this franchise.

# 118 jpdavis82 @ 07/05/14 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesubmittedone
JP, you said the same exact thing about 15 (that if it isn't a huge step you're done) and now you're simply backtracking. You fully expected this game to be "the one" and after it was revealed you realized it wasn't anywhere near the big step we all were hoping it'd be. Just look at your OP in the E3 Video thread. You said you had a feeling it's going to "blow us away".

Why are you still placing your hope in a team that clearly doesn't deserve it? They don't deserve the effort you've put on here debating people for them. It's such utter bs that you've given so much for them and all they've done is shame you.

It's time you realize they don't deserve your optimism anymore. They've failed. Miserably.

That's not saying they're not improving this game or doing a better job than other teams at Tiburon have in the past. I think they are. But this game is in no way, shape or form a good game in comparison to any next gen offering let alone the vast majority of current gen games. If you narrow it down to just sports titles, it's arguably the worst one.

There's simply no way of dressing that up. I know deep down you see it. I know you must've been extremely disappointed when you saw the E3 videos this year. You deserved better and it's time you started seeing that.
Until you play it there's no way to know if you will be disappointed or not. I was pretty excited from the E3 videos and yes I still believe people will be blown away by 15 when it releases. There's no way to prove either way until people actually play this. I know everyone who thinks the man zone coverage improvement was just talk is in for a rude awakening.

Madden 15 is the turning point of this franchise. That's my new slogan, I'll make t shirts if you want, I'm THAT confident in this.

# 119 Jr. @ 07/05/14 12:06 PM
Quote:
Until you play it there's no way to know if you will be disappointed or not. I was pretty excited from the E3 videos and yes I still believe people will be blown away by 15 when it releases. There's no way to prove either way until people actually play this. I know everyone who thinks the man zone coverage improvement was just talk is in for a rude awakening.

Madden 15 is the turning point of this franchise. That's my new slogan, I'll make t shirts if you want, I'm THAT confident in this.
So you have played M15?

Because you keep saying everyone needs to play to see all of these things being touted. So surely you have played it since you're saying they're all there and work great.

# 120 jpdavis82 @ 07/05/14 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
So you have played M15?

Because you keep saying everyone needs to play to see all of these things being touted. So surely you have played it since you're saying they're all there and work great.
No but between what people I've talked to who did have told me and what I've seen in the videos, there's a lot of good things that are going to happen with 15. The good will outweigh the bad this year overall, I think it will be a balanced game of football on both sides of the ball. I expect 15 to be good and from here on, I expect 16, 17, and so on to be great. That's why 15 is the turning point.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.