Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports is hosting a livestream of Madden NFL 15 with Creative Director Rex Dickson, as he goes over gameplay features.

If it gets archived or captured, we'll update this post for those of you that miss it. If the embedded stream doesn't work, click here.

UPDATE: Here is a link to the livestream, if you missed it.

UPDATE #2: Just updated the embedded video of the livestream, courtesy of SimFBallCritic. Thanks JP.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 friscob @ 07/18/14 11:37 PM
Just heard him say they fixed trucking and the stiff arm glitch, hallelujah!

# 162 Goffs @ 07/18/14 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
All is forgiven for the 2k rant after this stream. I kinda of feel like I have to support this game now because I want them to keep moving in this direction. The game isn't there yet, but it looks ALOT better. Alot of things I liked in that stream. I'm actually kind of excited to play Madden 15.
Yeah I feel the same way....there are a lot of good things in that stream. I'm actually looking forward to playing this....

# 163 MajorSupreme @ 07/18/14 11:38 PM
I am thoroughly pleased. Animations do look better from last time, there were not any giant, glaring faults, and if everything they said comes to fruition in these upcoming years, I'm excited.

I'm sold about 70% of the way there, just need that CFM news lol.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 164 johnnyg713 @ 07/18/14 11:39 PM
really love the X's and O's this year. Once this game gets animations correct I think I'll finally be able to buy an NFL videogame again.

# 165 WhiteCollarTix @ 07/18/14 11:44 PM
The game looks vastly improved and I'm looking forward to playing it but plays like what happened at the 58:54 mark really irks me. Why isn't that a fumble?

# 166 Step2001 @ 07/18/14 11:55 PM
Been playing Madden on PS4, the DB play is already in the game. To me, this is just building on what they started, which is good.

The Receivers need to PLAY the Ball! I agree with the fellow OS members on here explaining that the WR's are on rails and the DB's have all the reaction.

Passing hopefully is fixed when it comes to angles, Fades and basically dropping it over defenders.
If not, throwing can be frustrating.......Yeah, Yeah, Learn to read the "D"! Like I said, I've been playing PS4 version of Madden and I know how to read the D. It's no longer chucking it all over the field and the WR's win. Thumbs up!

# 167 Jr. @ 07/19/14 12:07 AM
Oh, and about the WR's batting the ball down. I really, really hope they made it where CPU controlled WRs do this, too. By the way they were explaining it, I'm guessing they didn't, but I'm gonna hold out hope that they will.

Just please let the CPU do everything that human players can do.

# 168 lgxjames @ 07/19/14 12:10 AM
I know most of you guys are gameplay guys and that's cool...You all seem happy about what you've seen so I'll take your word for it about all these schemes and breakdowns etc because I "understand" football on a basic level. I know what cover 2, 3, wide 9 all that is but I couldn't even begin to explain all the technique behind it, how far the corner is suppose to be off the line etc lol ...So if you guys say what you've seen is good *thumbs up*

BUT...

My purchase will come down to CFM so overall I'm impressed with all of this (mainly because most of you are) and I can only hope this much emphasis went to CFM.

# 169 canes21 @ 07/19/14 12:10 AM
Well, this definitely changes things for me. After playing a few seasons of M25, I didn't really have high hopes for this year's game. It just seemed like Madden would always be Madden. However, today's/yesterday's stream really changed things for me. This team is getting things done and I like it. I don't expect perfection or anything near in this year, but I do like what I have seen so far.

I'll keep an eye on this game even more closely. EA and the team really has me on edge now and I am awaiting a demo to really get some hands on experience. If it is good enough, EA may have joined the list of purchases this year that includes GTA V, Project CARS, The Last of Us, and NHL 15. Not a bad list at all to join there and it excites me Madden and football video gaming is possibly returning to the level it should be at which is on par with those games I listed.

Good job Rex and crew, you really are staying true to your word and I am starting to get excited about video game football again. If I can play this, NHL, and The Show all year round, it'll be like my childhood all over again in terms of enjoyment. Who doesn't want that back?

# 170 AmericasTeam @ 07/19/14 12:12 AM
Wow! Absolutely enjoyed this video. Appreciate the time, effort, and honesty from the team. This is what we need! I feel like, for the first time in years, I will be able to actually have fun with this game! Madden 15 will most certainly be a day 1 purchase for me.

Also, love the positive feedback coming from this thread!

# 171 charter04 @ 07/19/14 12:41 AM
This thread proves that the majority of us on OS just want honesty and to see real gameplay. For the devs to listen to those, like us, that are hard core and use that feedback to move the game in the right direction. They are doing that and now you see all these positive comments. We aren't negative for the most part we are just passionate. We aren't anti-Madden. We are just pro-realistic football. Madden seems to be heading that way and from the response we aren't just "haters"

# 172 jaynral @ 07/19/14 12:52 AM
I must say, I must say that I have been the toughest critic on madden 15 since the first video that came out BUT I actually enjoyed that video...Hearing those guys expressing concern to fix the so common issues. I also like the tackling and I cant believe im saying this...multiple player tackles....The pocket can be a little tighter collapsing on the QB but I think I may like it.....and this was not even on the zoom camera....Only time will tell...and I love the way rex blew his boy up for always going for it on 4th down

# 173 Skyboxer @ 07/19/14 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
This thread proves that the majority of us on OS just want honesty and to see real gameplay. For the devs to listen to those, like us, that are hard core and use that feedback to move the game in the right direction. They are doing that and now you see all these positive comments. We aren't negative for the most part we are just passionate. We aren't anti-Madden. We are just pro-realistic football. Madden seems to be heading that way and from the response we aren't just "haters"
To be fair it's not the majority that show criticisms etc.. that are deemed haters...
It's those that even when something positive is shown, come in with their juvenile hit and run slams with no productive comments...and leave.

Most welcome the warranted criticisms

And I really want clarification of the D cam !!! lol

# 174 PacMan3000 @ 07/19/14 01:08 AM
I appreciated so much about this stream.

1) You didn't answer half the questions with "we'll get to that next year" or "there wasn't enough dev cycle time." In fact, I'd argue that you guys worked FAR more on this game than I would've expected in a typical one year cycle, and that's what we all want to see. And the game is CLEARLY better from it--as far as we can tell without touching the sticks of course.

2) You didn't just answer cupcake questions about weather, grass and stadiums. The questions were in-depth about defensive schemes and coverages--pretty complex stuff for anyone who's not a football junkie--and you not only explained it in a fashion that didn't talk down to your viewers, but a passionate guy like RG actually had answers. Not fluff answers. Real, in-depth answers.

3) Every single year on this board, we get to E3, and we see a ton of stuff that doesn't look good. And every year, defenders will come here and say, "don't worry, it's just an early build. It'll get better." And it doesn't.

I can honestly say that, this is probably the first Madden game in a long time--maybe ever?--where I watched the E3 footage and thought, "Wow, that's pretty good!" and then watched the stream a month later and clearly noted a significant improvement. Hats off to you guys.

4) Tackling. Sure, as Rex mentioned, complete gang tackling is not totally here. But I saw fundamental one on one takedowns. I saw multiple hits and even a tackle where two guys where bringing down a guy, and a third sort of comes in to "clean up" over the top.

Other things that stood out: Fidgeting pre-play. WR's looking back at the QB. Lineman rocking and moving back and forth. Only thing I would've liked to see was some movement from the RB--he always seemed pretty static to me.

Also, these real-time post-play sequences are fantastic. I mean, yes, we play for strong in-game gameplay, but the post-play is taking the atmosphere and emotion to another level. These players are starting to feel more alive and actually into the game they're playing.

Great stuff.

# 175 hanzsomehanz @ 07/19/14 01:20 AM
While I appreciate Rex's claim to support his investment into this game: I do not agree that his product should be judged by this years gross sales over last years sales.

To the above: there is a select group of games that gamers are highly anticipating in this new wave of next generation market share and this demand should be factored into the consumer sales for M15.

I will consider this title the Madden that helped the series to tread waters on the new generation consoles and that alone should be a significant position to hold considering the current talent in the competition pool across all genres.

These last two titles (25 & 15) are defintely not on the poor product spectrum that Madden 06 & 07 fell under during their transition to the new consoles - that is a sign of a correction in steering the course right for future iterations.

To that end, it is evident to me that Rex and Co. are atoning for the sins of their forefathers and I consider it would be fair to hold out the verdict on their sevice for another 2-3 years because this current product will serve well as a foundation but not a temple.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

# 176 mestevo @ 07/19/14 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
While I appreciate Rex's claim to support his investment into this game: I do not agree that his product should be judged by this years gross sales over last years sales.
He didn't say that was the only way it will be judged. It's obviously just a factor, and one fans can directly influence.

# 177 aholbert32 @ 07/19/14 01:23 AM
Well I dont think I need to watch another video. I was buying the game anyway but this absolutely convinced me. I want to save some stuff for when I play the game.

A couple of small things I noticed:

- During the Chargers first drive on 3rd down, you could hear the stadium audio and it was great. There was a big gong and then the crowd got noticeably louder.

- Crowd looked decent even though they may be a little too active. During the kickoff, most fans were jumping up and down.

- People in the crowd were wearing different jerseys. I think I saw someone wearing a Joel Dreesen jersey.

- Sidelines look better but arent crowded enough.

# 178 aholbert32 @ 07/19/14 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
He didn't say that was the only way it will be judged. It's obviously just a factor, and one fans can directly influence.
Exactly. If sales drop significantly, EA's board and higher ups may see this as a sign that people dont like Rex's approach and they may go back to a more arcade focus.

# 179 OhioCub @ 07/19/14 01:31 AM
Very impressed with the stream. Saw some things that give me alot of hope for the future. Also, I love the addition of the skills trainer for people to learn different concepts and whatnot. I'm pretty football smart already but being from an older generation than most of today's gamers, my stick skills aren't as good and I feel like the skills trainer will help to tie the two together. Also, it'll be nice to lose a game, not because my stick skills weren't up to par but because my opponent had a better football strategy than me.

# 180 urlacher51 @ 07/19/14 01:33 AM
[quote=aholbert32;2046403454]Exactly. If sales drop significantly, EA's board and higher ups may see this as a sign that people dont like Rex's approach and they may go back to a more arcade focus.[

I'll show my support by buying three Madden 15's , Xbox one, PS4 and 360. Also does anyone know if EA is gonna do a Season pass for the Xbox one or PS4,EA games like they do on the 360 and PS3?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.