Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports has just revealed the top middle linebackers in Madden NFL 15. New screenshots can be seen here.

Patrick Willis - Overall 96
Novorro Bowman - Overall 96
Luke Kuechly - Overall 94
Derrick Johnson - Overall 91
Jerod Mayo - Overall 91

The schedule doesn't show when they will release OLB's, so we can only assume they are released later today or simply released when full player ratings are revealed for each division.

Here is a look at the release date schedule for the remaining ratings.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 brandon54 @ 07/28/14 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
Yup he played MLB @ Tennessee I believe right? The Vols I mean not the Titans.
Pretty sure. And seems like he played inside with pats when they ran 3-4 more often

# 22 hanzsomehanz @ 07/28/14 04:39 PM
I have no hate for Mayo but he is coming off a major season ending injury and is unproven at the position, at least in the Pros.

I think an 85 - 88 would suffice based on his adjusted IQ and degraded physical abilities.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

# 23 brandon54 @ 07/28/14 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
I have no hate for Mayo but he is coming off a major season ending injury and is unproven at the position, at least in the Pros.

I think an 85 - 88 would suffice based on his adjusted IQ and degraded physical abilities.

Always been a consistent player lined up at any lb spot. Top 5 seems like a stretch, but there's only a few you could argue would take his place. And they may be rated 1 point below or so. I think it's a solid list for mlb. Anxious to see olb

# 24 CaliDude916 @ 07/28/14 04:50 PM
Replace Mayo with Dansby and the list is perfect. Mayo is not a top 5 MLB.

# 25 Madwolf @ 07/28/14 04:52 PM
Glad Luke is on the list this year, I'm actually fairly surprised. Lets hope Danny Moore has stooped being a complete turd and doesn't leave Luke with a "slow" development rating. I'm pretty sure a guy putting up top15 stats all time for a 2 year LBer shouldn't have a "slow" development rating, but what do I know.

# 26 The JareBear @ 07/28/14 04:55 PM
In all due to respect to the outstanding inside linebackers of the 49ers, I honestly think Luke is on another level right now. He's number one on my list, for sure.

# 27 jmurphy31 @ 07/28/14 04:57 PM
Mayo led the league in tackles 4 years ago. Was 4th in 2012. Averaged just under 10 a game last year before he was hurt (55 tackles in 6 games). Would of put him in the top 3 if he didn't get hurt.

I'm surprised he's there because he's not flashy. Just does his job. Plays the run well and is ok in coverage.

# 28 jmurphy31 @ 07/28/14 05:03 PM
Quote:
Anyhoo, Mayo is still not proven to be better than: Dansby, Freeman, Dqwel, Wagner, Cushing, Butler Meyaluga, Daryl Washington (off suspension).

Hell, Spikes can be rated a 91 at the position.

Spikes is more flash than substance. Mayo is the opposite, just lines up and plays. For every big play and big hits spikes made he would over play a ton of easy reads.

# 29 TheKingOfVa @ 07/28/14 05:04 PM
Dansby should have been on the list

# 30 GarrisonGrant @ 07/28/14 05:07 PM
New to OperationSports here!

I must say I think Madden has dropped the ball on some of these ratings. I think the DE ratings were blasphemy. Leaving Von Miller, Demarcus Ware, Tamba Hali, Ryan Kerrigan, Greg Hardy, and Aldon Smith off the Top 5, then they put Calais Campbell on there????

Lavonte David is also better than OJ Mayo in my book

# 31 Cowboy008 @ 07/28/14 05:09 PM
So are they going to release the list of OLBs today or are they going to wait another day before releasing it? Screen shots look good as usual. I wonder what Sean Lee is rated

# 32 jmurphy31 @ 07/28/14 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrisonGrant

I must say I think Madden has dropped the ball on some of these ratings. I think the DE ratings were blasphemy. Leaving Von Miller, Demarcus Ware, Tamba Hali, Ryan Kerrigan, Greg Hardy, and Aldon Smith off the Top 5, then they put Calais Campbell on there????

Some of those guys will be under OLB. It's also Jerod Mayo. OJ plays hoops

# 33 LBzrule @ 07/28/14 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
In all due to respect to the outstanding inside linebackers of the 49ers, I honestly think Luke is on another level right now. He's number one on my list, for sure.
Over Willis YES. Willis is getting name recognition ratings here IMO. I'd go Bowman 1a and Kuechly 1b and Willis would be 3 points overall lower. Just my opinion. He hasn't done what those two have done the last two seasons IMO.

# 34 LBzrule @ 07/28/14 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanchus
im just not a fan of mayo call me bias or what not but i just dont like him

not a bad list tho

i would suspect bowman to drop during the season because i dont see him returning to 2013-14 form
Maybe maybe not. I'd say the same thing about Geno Atkins and look where they have him. I don't expect too much of a drop off because of name. Donny doesn't seem to drop big name guys as fast as he does others.

# 35 volstopfan14 @ 07/28/14 05:41 PM
Quote:
Mayo is an OLB tho

Mayo will be playing inside. Hightower and Collins are the outside guys.

Mayo is definitely deserving of top 5 status. The only argument I see against it is his injury last year. If he can return to his original form then he is one of the top linebackers in the league.

# 36 SVCbearcat10 @ 07/28/14 05:43 PM
In other games, being rated in the 90's in considered elite. They have revealed 45 names so far in these releases, 42 of which are considered elite. Not that ratings matter all that much in Madden anyways, but this is something that needs to be addressed (and is long overdue). There is little separation in the ratings, so everyone plays like superstars.

# 37 Thanatopsis @ 07/28/14 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
In other games, being rated in the 90's in considered elite. They have revealed 45 names so far in these releases, 42 of which are considered elite. Not that ratings matter all that much in Madden anyways, but this is something that needs to be addressed (and is long overdue). There is little separation in the ratings, so everyone plays like superstars.
It feel like the ratings have been more spread out the last 5-6 years, but they're slowly skyrocketing up again this year.

On another note, Willis over Luke is a joke, there is no way. Willis has been a premiere middle linebacker in this league for years now, but putting him above Luke is what happens when you put a biased Bucs fan in charge of ratings. Not to mention his slow developmental rating. For a guy who wins DROY and DPOY in his first 2 years, there is few others more deserving of Superstar Dev.

# 38 hanzsomehanz @ 07/28/14 06:13 PM
How is Supetstar development relevent or even neccessary for someone rated a Superstar?

# 39 steelcity76 @ 07/28/14 06:23 PM
No Lawrence Timmons....a lot of people do not realize how good he is.

# 40 michiganfan8620 @ 07/28/14 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrisonGrant

Calais Campbell is one of the best 3-4 DEs in the league. Ware is on the decline, not top 5 anymore, probably top 10. Hali, Kerrigan, Smith, and Miller are all OLB's not DE's. And also, Lavonte David is a OLB, not a MLB. And as stated earlier, OJ Mayo is a basketball player.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.