Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

VSNGaming has posted a videocast with Josh Looman, as they talk about Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise. Topics include all of the new features in CFM including practice mode, random draft classes, team relocation and other updates.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Sheba2011 @ 08/06/14 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingirish595
i dont see why they cant do what 2k does with custon draft classes
Because they just settled a lawsuit in which they will pay millions of dollars to former college athletes who appeared in the NCAA video games. Part of the lawsuit stated that EA gave users (game players) the ability to edit player likeness and names and share them in a matter of seconds. EA is just protecting itself from further litigation. Once the Ed Obannon lawsuit verdict is announced 2K will probably follow suit.

# 22 msdm27 @ 08/06/14 03:07 PM
I only have one question about the randomized draft classes; Josh went very far to make it clear that they have a lot of formulas/modifiers/ranges to determine types of players and/or strength of drafts and such things, BUT! If everything is randomized.... Does that mean we could end up with a league full of white people named DeMarcus, Shaquille and such?

Because that was my first thought, and I feel like that could be a potential HUGE issue!
I hope they have some sort of name/color database for each specific type of player.

#NoRacism :P

PS: Also heard him mention the ability to create a specific type of player from the SEC... Hopefully this means we will see more players from DivI schools in the early rounds!

# 23 Sheba2011 @ 08/06/14 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
I only have one question about the randomized draft classes; Josh went very far to make it clear that they have a lot of formulas/modifiers/ranges to determine types of players and/or strength of drafts and such things, BUT! If everything is randomized.... Does that mean we could end up with a league full of white people named DeMarcus, Shaquille and such?

Because that was my first thought, and I feel like that could be a potential HUGE issue!
I hope they have some sort of name/color database for each specific type of player.

#NoRacism :P

PS: Also heard him mention the ability to create a specific type of player from the SEC... Hopefully this means we will see more players from DivI schools in the early rounds!
From the way he talked about the depth of the system they are using it doesn't sound like that would happen. And I pray to god that they fixed the problem of having draft classes full of Non FBS players.

# 24 Khanchus @ 08/06/14 03:25 PM
i understand the pain you guys are going thru with the custom draft classes

but man i think you guys have to understand a little more

like someone said with the lawsuits its going to be hard to do anything like a customizable draft class...i can see a work around it but would probably be to costly getting the man hours to do it (lawyer money is not cheap)

but the custom draft classes that madden is releasing this yr is a small but great feature (i say small because it should have always been like that)....gives scouting so much more depth and excitement

i really do feel your pain about customizing drafts because if johnny manziel was my fav college football player and i wanted him to be in the draft next franchise yr it would hurt...you just cant have it all tho

# 25 leathrneck34 @ 08/06/14 03:58 PM
How about just letting us edit the players once they are drafted and the other player's in the NFL as well. that's what I want so like someone else said I don't have to live with a Lineman that is faster than my WR. Or a 5'10 250 DE, or even better a 6'2 250 LB that looks like a CB or a WR the size of a DE running routes.

# 26 Sheba2011 @ 08/06/14 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leathrneck34
How about just letting us edit the players once they are drafted and the other player's in the NFL as well. that's what I want so like someone else said I don't have to live with a Lineman that is faster than my WR.
You can already edit the real NFL players ratings before your start your CFM. From what Josh said in the video it sounds like the days of 70spd WR's are over . Hopefully that works as he says.

# 27 Sheba2011 @ 08/06/14 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Good interview Mr Bill, appreciate it.

My lingering question about "confidence", aside from seeing how effective it is on player performance in game play, is that if it's possible to just bypass or easily overcome it with game prep. Meaning, when Looman talks about things like personnel decisions, win/losses, etc effecting confidence, that sounds great but can someone/CPU make a huge personnel move, trade and/or have a terrible season, then just nullify those effects on confidence through game prep?

I hope not but we all know the history of there being loopholes to "game the game".
I think the way they counter this from happening is by giving you limited hours each week to use on game prep so you can't cheat the system.

# 28 l8knight1 @ 08/06/14 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Yeah, I too am pretty disappointed that we cannot edit draft classes, even edit a player's name! We were able to do this in NFL 2K5, but in 2014; Madden 15, ten years later we cannot. It shows how superior NFL 2K5 was as a product, to this day!
You could do this in previous versions of Madden as well. I'll leave it to everyone else to comment on your vintage superiority complex.

# 29 vidgames @ 08/06/14 04:32 PM
With all the talk about confidence. You guys do know it was in the game last year right? It fluctuated throughout the season...great confidence equaled a hot streak...bad confidence equaled a cold streak.

I do like the other additions!

# 30 MrBill @ 08/06/14 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
You can already edit the real NFL players ratings before your start your CFM. From what Josh said in the video it sounds like the days of 70spd WR's are over . Hopefully that works as he says.
We were very vocal about that at the CFM Community Day earlier this year. Randomly generated players are great if their attributes are in line with what you would see in a player that is drafted in a later round in real life.

# 31 JayD @ 08/06/14 05:31 PM
I really hope they fine tuned the random draft classes. I would really hate to see players with very off the wall equipment, numbers, etc. Also I didn't hear anything mentioned about the auto subs FINALLY being fixed in CFM. It's been how many years since it's worked properly?

# 32 CT Pitbull @ 08/06/14 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Yeah, but they never got in trouble for allowing the USER to edit the rosters to however they wanted.

ABSOLUTELY...I said this in the other thread. I don't get it??? Online I could see no editing. But offline to me not to be able to edit is inexcusable. Makes NO sense.

Offline guys are being pushed away from the game they USED to love with every passing year. Madden was never perfect but we had fun with it because we had the ability to make it what WE wanted it to be. We made players play like we thought they should. That's all done now.

# 33 K_GUN @ 08/06/14 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
ABSOLUTELY...I said this in the other thread. I don't get it??? Online I could see no editing. But offline to me not to be able to edit is inexcusable. Makes NO sense.

Offline guys are being pushed away from the game they USED to love with every passing year. Madden was never perfect but we had fun with it because we had the ability to make it what WE wanted it to be. We made players play like we thought they should. That's all done now.
dont blame EA...blame the lawyers in America

# 34 jpdavis82 @ 08/06/14 06:22 PM
Has anyone seen anything about CFM presentation? It seems like it was completely ignored this year😔

# 35 ggsimmonds @ 08/06/14 06:28 PM
So no editable draft classes, but perhaps even more disheartening was that by how and what Josh said, we should not expect that feature anytime soon.

# 36 ggsimmonds @ 08/06/14 06:37 PM
Oh dear god, I just heard the part about the QB injury thing.

So they put position requirements back in. They are going to force me to carry 3 QBs and they are happy about that??

Why not just fix the bug?

# 37 BobbyColtrane @ 08/06/14 07:00 PM
They made draft class changes to address people in online leagues going onto Operation Sports and gaming the system by reading the draft class guides.

Not to address the fact that we want to play with real rookies. these are their priorities...

:/

# 38 TheBleedingRed21 @ 08/06/14 07:01 PM
I don't see the issue with requiring 3 qbs. Much better than two qbs going down and you putting in the punter.

Granted, if they gave us practice squad, etc.. We wouldn't have to worry about only having 53 guys.

# 39 jtswag187 @ 08/06/14 07:03 PM
so will we actually be able to play the pro bowl?

# 40 VinnyVegas28 @ 08/06/14 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Has anyone seen anything about CFM presentation? It seems like it was completely ignored this year😔
JP, Josh Looman had mentioned it in the video towards the end a bit and touched on presentation within CFM. He mentioned that commentary was touched on along with some new stat banners for CFM (referenced playoff picture) and things like that. Sounded pretty minimal but he did mention some additions. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.