Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

MMGN has posted their NBA Live 15 hands-on impressions. Just a few bullet points below, but make sure you read the entire article.
  • Shooting has been given a major tweaking, guided by an improved shooting ring on the floor around the player that uses green and red rhythm indicators.
  • No longer is Durant’s jumper lacking that recognisable style that defines his game. LeBron’s iconic one-step fadeaway jumper seems like something he would actually do.
  • Sometimes it works really well, and then other times it goes back into its shell, reliving the disastrous, outdated stylings of NBA Live from previous years.
  • The basketball fundamentals have been given a complex do-over, and for the most part, it plays like a basketball game should.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/16/14 12:38 PM
I feel like EA is ignoring us

# 42 WTF @ 08/16/14 12:57 PM
They aren't ignoring the community, nor is it the same situation with last year. Be patient. There's still plenty of time for them to show their cards and win over consumers. Regardless of what some members of the community think, they aren't required to show anything yet.

Do I wish they would? Of course. Will they? When they're ready I guess.

The few hands on impressions from Gamescom were largely positive, and pointed towards an NBA LIVE 10 feel.

That makes sense because they have a good team in place, for a full development cycle. They have guys who have worked together before, and know how to work together on the team.

The game will be coming out, we will get info, and NBA LIVE 16, WILL be coming out. They've stated it numerous times. Gameplay and graphics are this year, modes etc next year and moving forward.

# 43 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/16/14 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
They aren't ignoring the community, nor is it the same situation with last year. Be patient. There's still plenty of time for them to show their cards and win over consumers. Regardless of what some members of the community think, they aren't required to show anything yet.

Do I wish they would? Of course. Will they? When they're ready I guess.

The few hands on impressions from Gamescom were largely positive, and pointed towards an NBA LIVE 10 feel.

That makes sense because they have a good team in place, for a full development cycle. They have guys who have worked together before, and know how to work together on the team.

The game will be coming out, we will get info, and NBA LIVE 16, WILL be coming out. They've stated it numerous times. Gameplay and graphics are this year, modes etc next year and moving forward.
Yeah I know . A lot of other games im looking Foward to this fall/winter has showed something . I'm just anxious

# 44 King_B_Mack @ 08/16/14 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2K
You still bought it.
Yes, used off a friend. What's your point?

# 45 jadert @ 08/16/14 01:53 PM
I don't understand why people talk about Live playing or feeling like Live '10 is a good thing. We are in the year 2014. I wouldn't my games playing like past iterations. I'm buying Live this year most likely, but I want it to be a fresh next gen. experience. Not "similar" or "feel like" Live '10

# 46 youvalss @ 08/16/14 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadert
I don't understand why people talk about Live playing or feeling like Live '10 is a good thing. We are in the year 2014. I wouldn't my games playing like past iterations. I'm buying Live this year most likely, but I want it to be a fresh next gen. experience. Not "similar" or "feel like" Live '10
I agree with you, but Live 10 did so many things so much better than 14. It's not like releasing Live 10 with better graphics is what 15 should be (well, for some - maybe), but if some of the best things from Live 10 are applied to Live 15, it's a good sign. Still need a fresh experience, no doubt.

# 47 WTF @ 08/16/14 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadert
If they take the best NBA Live game in recent history, and move towards that style of game vs the NBA Live 14 that was released, then I don't necessarily think it would be a bad thing.

I want control, I want good animations and graphics, I want good/stellar AI. If it provides that to me, then I'm good to go.

# 48 videlsports @ 08/17/14 06:30 PM
Gotta see it in action that's all that's left.

# 49 videlsports @ 08/17/14 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
Ain't nobody hatin' on live we just want to see the game in Motion whether it's Trailers , presentation etc...

Y'all the ones taking this to heart
Mmm hmm( nods head in agreement)

# 50 jadert @ 08/17/14 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
If they take the best NBA Live game in recent history, and move towards that style of game vs the NBA Live 14 that was released, then I don't necessarily think it would be a bad thing.

I want control, I want good animations and graphics, I want good/stellar AI. If it provides that to me, then I'm good to go.
I definitely hear what you are saying. I guess its the last good thing we remember about Live, so that's our reference point. Hopefully 2015 will give us a new reference point in the Live franchise to benchmark

# 51 L Town Finest11 @ 08/17/14 10:25 PM
I like playing on servers that actually works.

# 52 VDusen04 @ 08/19/14 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I just shake my head at some of this stuff. So people criticizing footage of the game dictates EA's marketing strategy? And people are okay with this? Only in the video game industry is this foolishness acceptable. That's like Michael Bay saying "**** it, too many people are criticizing my Ninja Turtles" and proceeding to not show a single second of the movie until the month of release. No commercials, no trailers, no coming soon posters or nothing. Movie drops August 11? You'll get nothing until August 1st lol
I'm not saying this is Live's strategy, but in the movie business there actually are some titles that are disallowed from pre-screening reviewing because folks want to shield their film from negative criticism prior to widescale release.

# 53 Mikesthyme @ 08/19/14 01:38 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong... but didnt EA show off NBA LIVE 14 at E3 2013? trailer and some dribbling with Kyrie???? That was in June.. fast forward next year just screen shots of arena's and head shots in August??!! we demand more! or maybe just me..

# 54 da ThRONe @ 08/19/14 01:48 PM
The game doesn't release for over another month. If they release all the info tomorrow you can't have the game for at least another few weeks anyways. We'll have all the info we'll need to make a decision before this game is available.

# 55 El_Poopador @ 08/19/14 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
The game doesn't release for over another month. If they release all the info tomorrow you can't have the game for at least another few weeks anyways. We'll have all the info we'll need to make a decision before this game is available.
While that's true, I still disagree with it. I said the same thing about 2k. I just wish these companies were more transparent with their approach. If Live released gameplay, screenshots showing more details (ie players), etc., they can immediately start collecting feedback. The sooner they get feedback, the sooner we see the changes we want in the game, some possibly even before we boot it up for the first time.

As it stands now, we have no idea what they've really changed in the last year. They've said all the right things, but we don't have any real details.

# 56 The 24th Letter @ 08/19/14 02:52 PM
Quote:

The tough part about this is...they're coming off a off season where they didn't show any gameplay at all before release...so I can see the concern....like I said, me personally...I'm good at this point, I'll check the demo out...but to be kept in the dark last time can't give guys waiting for gameplay much confidence...

# 57 EAGLESFAN10 @ 08/19/14 03:05 PM
Quote:
Would you be okay if Madden did this exact same thing give us info that sounds promising but didn't show some of those improvements??

# 58 King_B_Mack @ 08/19/14 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'm not saying this is Live's strategy, but in the movie business there actually are some titles that are disallowed from pre-screening reviewing because folks want to shield their film from negative criticism prior to widescale release.

A pre-screening review is different from what we're talking about here though. A pre-screening is watching the final version of the film for review purposes. You'll still see commercials for said films and trailers, set visits on ET, etc. EA seems to like to keep all of that from happening with this title and only this title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 59 da ThRONe @ 08/20/14 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
The tough part about this is...they're coming off a off season where they didn't show any gameplay at all before release...so I can see the concern....like I said, me personally...I'm good at this point, I'll check the demo out...but to be kept in the dark last time can't give guys waiting for gameplay much confidence...

You would think maybe they would flip the entire script after last years debacle, but it doesn't appear that's the case as far as marketing goes. However I don't purchase games based off of marketing strategies. I buy them off of merit. When I have all the data available if Live 15 seems like a game I'll have fun with given the type of sports gamer I've become then I'll buy it. If it doesn't look up to my standards I'll pass. I just don't see the point of demanding info at this stage of the process. I rather have EA using all it's resources to polish this game best as possible than showing me things that I can't test myself for another 3-4 weeks.

# 60 siraulo234 @ 08/22/14 08:41 PM
players are looking much improved than live 14 from the screenshot in OP

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.