Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

This post will be continuously updated throughout the day. If you find any, post them below and I'll add them to the OP.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 NYJets @ 08/14/14 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Being 2-6 has nothing to do with inaccurate in the video. Those were simply bad decisions because he threw into coverage, but the ball still went to exactly where the receiver was every time. No high or low throws. Had the receiver been open, it hits him in the numbers. Decision making is not the same as inaccuracy.

One of the incompletions was 100% because of being innacurate. Another was a seam throw to the tight end that was a bit high and he couldn't come down with. He wasn't under pressure on any of that passes iirc. Not sure what your looking for, he's still an NFL QB, 1 or 2 badly thrown passes out of 6 is a realistic number.

# 42 Armor and Sword @ 08/14/14 01:15 PM
Quote:
Agreed. I watched RG3 and didn't see any "inaccurate" throws. Like I said, I may have completely misunderstood the feature, but I thought it was explained that passes would have 8 areas that they can be "inaccurate". Receivers may still catch them, but it would trigger a whole new plethora of the 430 catch animations they added in M13. I still don't see it. I really WANT to see it, but I'm not seeing it.
From my own experience playing on slow speed with adjusted sliders and no "user" catching I have seen lot's of gorgeous animations triggered....and this was on M25 for the PS3

Watching these videos...I am extremely impressed with M15 for the PS4/One. The game looks absolutely gorgeous and totally next gen. The OL/DL interactions are crazy good.

The audio is off the charts too.

# 43 Smoke6 @ 08/14/14 01:15 PM
Im liking what im seeing so far.

# 44 iLLWiLL @ 08/14/14 01:18 PM
Game is lookin' great. Broadcast camera is too far away, though.

# 45 bxphenom7 @ 08/14/14 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaints7
The Packers and Bears snow game looks great, obviously apart from the uniform errors.

Can someone tell me if they have Official Stadium Chants in the game this year? They had them in Madden 11, I think 12 too but can not remember them in M13 or even M25? Such as Go Pack Go, Here we go Steelers, here we go. Or Who Dat Say they gonna beat them Saints?

It seems sill to not include them as it makes the whole atmosphere even better.
Eh, a couple of passes should not have been completed, including the touchdown pass. The Redskins game was a better video to show off.

# 46 TheBleedingRed21 @ 08/14/14 01:21 PM
Quote:
You're right. I watched the correct one finally MUCH better. Really liked the throws by both QBs. See, even the crossing route RG3 threw to his TE that was almost picked, it was just inaccurate. Got swatted, but didn't go directly to anyone. THAT was what I wanted to see. Thanks again for specifying the right video
Which video are you guys talking about? Cannot find it.

# 47 roadman @ 08/14/14 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Which video are you guys talking about? Cannot find it.
zfarls vs antobow or something like that.

It's titled short game play.

# 48 countryboy @ 08/14/14 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulChildres
Very interesting. Not sure how I feel about this LOL

In the last video, during the NFL draft, the first round first pick projected is a CB. Well he is still on the boards at pick #9.

So does that mean teams 1-8 didn't need a CB? I'm afraid this is another sign of not drafting for team needs by the CPU. It also would mean they aren't even taking the best player available. I just don't know if we'll ever see a NFL draft where the #1 projected pick last 9 selections. I can see in the top 5 (kind of like the Mario Williams/Reggie Bush draft) but not dropping to pick #9!
What I want to know in regards to that draft is what were Blake Bortles stats the first season that caused the Jags to draft a QB with the number one pick overall??

If Bortles blew chunks or was injured or something, I could see them taking a QB #1 overall, especially if its a weak draft for QB's.

Its hard to really determine the CPU draft logic without knowing a few variables(who else was drafted, depth of each position drafted, depth of CB spot), but given past history, this is a red flag that the cpu is weak at team management/roster building.

# 49 OhMrHanky @ 08/14/14 01:27 PM
I want to be positive about this game, I really do. However, the first video I watched was the Cowboys vs. Redskins Cpu vs Cpu. And, what happens on the very FIRST throw? Romo looks completely ridiculous and throws the ball DEEP across his body and what happens? Interception!!! I don't believe this is completely indicative of what we will see of Madden 15, and I am actually still looking forward to playing and believe it will, overall, play better. But, when the very FIRST video I choose to watch shows me on the very FIRST play the same EXACT type of play we have all been complaining about, I become very disheartened. So, I'm disappointed with that video, but I am truly hoping that when I get the game, sliders will be easier this year. But, seriously, that video footage had gameplay that was sadly reminiscent of Madden 25. Going to peruse a few move vids and hope I see something that looks a little better than that.

# 50 Jr. @ 08/14/14 01:27 PM
1:48 in the Houston/Jacksonville video from PeterJaguar.

CPU QB doesn't find a WIDE open receiver.. I love it. Always seemed like the CPU QBs would identify the open guy nearly every time if there was one.

# 51 Aggies7 @ 08/14/14 01:28 PM
Good to see most folks are enjoying these. Every time I start a video it stalls in the first 10 seconds. but still happy to see folks pointing out little details.

# 52 adub88 @ 08/14/14 01:29 PM
anyone see any Colts vids yet?

# 53 gojetsjoe @ 08/14/14 01:30 PM
Game looks great, big improvement. But as a Jets fan, the field goal post annoys me. It's the same lime green with the generic font. Looks nothing like the real-life version of it. It has been that way for years. Drives me crazy.

# 54 swiftychampleone @ 08/14/14 01:35 PM
So I wonder if we can control all 32 teams during Connected Franchise? I couldn't gather anything by watching the CFM video. If I see the CPU make a crappy roster move, can I go over and change it?

# 55 Retropyro @ 08/14/14 01:36 PM
That first video (Giants v Cowboys) is 360/PS3 footage right? Doesn't look nearly as good visually as the other videos.

# 56 Sheba2011 @ 08/14/14 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulChildres
Very interesting. Not sure how I feel about this LOL

In the last video, during the NFL draft, the first round first pick projected is a CB. Well he is still on the boards at pick #9.

So does that mean teams 1-8 didn't need a CB? I'm afraid this is another sign of not drafting for team needs by the CPU. It also would mean they aren't even taking the best player available. I just don't know if we'll ever see a NFL draft where the #1 projected pick last 9 selections. I can see in the top 5 (kind of like the Mario Williams/Reggie Bush draft) but not dropping to pick #9!
So you are confident those teams all needed CB's? Johnny Manziel was projected by many to be a top 5 pick this year, he fell to number 22. I am not saying draft logic is fixed but we need a lot more information before we can make any judgements. Such as what other team needs those players had. If those teams needed a LT or QB and there was top 8 talent there, those positions are a lot more important than a CB regardless of how high he is ranked.

# 57 SRuiz59 @ 08/14/14 01:42 PM
Quote:
Pats and Jets... Graphics look amazing. Interactions look better, but still way too fast. Saw some nice tackles and some of the same. Still very bothered by the "inaccurate pass" feature. Geno Smith is not the world's most accurate guy. Yet, all but one pass. All but one, was thrown directly to players. One pass hit the ground in the entire half. I guess I misunderstood what they meant with the QB accuracy system, because everything I see still looks exactly like Madden 25. The only difference is that the receiver will reach for it, which is cool I guess.

Maybe I am misunderstanding inaccurate passing.
I think people in general misunderstand inaccurate passing. If you look at PFF's accuracy % stat (which takes out defended passes, tipped passes at the line, interceptions, drops and throwaways) the lowest percentage is still around 70. So two inaccurate passes for every ten passes is about right, and what we're seeing is about one every video but we're only really seeing a minute of action.

# 58 jmurphy31 @ 08/14/14 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Did they fix the season stats page? Looks like it from this pic and when Bortles runs out it shows 0's for stats and video of him with Goodell
Attachment 80642
This was a play now game, correct. The video the stream showing overalls was in CFM. If this is what you are referring to. I don't like the overalls being used in game 1of a season and I'm not a fan of 0's either.

# 59 OhMrHanky @ 08/14/14 01:45 PM
And, just watched the Eagles vs Redskins. Better gameplay overall than the Boys/Skins game, but still, once again, we see the EXACT same cpu throw by Foles as we do by Romo. Running one way, throwing across his body deep (or maybe, medium, in this case, but still WAY too far to even attempt this type of throw in real life), and we get an instant int. Now, I'm not saying this throw didn't deserve to be intercepted, because it did. But, I was hoping for the cpu qb ai to be at the point of throwing the ball better, and here is a case where qb inaccuracy REALLY needs to take effect and/or madden needs to do a better job. Based on Foles and Romo's body positioning/momentum/etc, both of these balls need to be thrown out of bounds. Nobody in the nfl is trying to make these throws. So, overall, I still want to see more inaccuracy. In fact, here again, BOTH of these throws are actually ridiculously accurate to the point of they made it to a spot where the WR could catch it if the defender didn't intercept it. Once again, i hope i can tweak this out with sliders, but based on the madden advertising of qb inaccuracy, i'm already seeing it as being a somewhat failure. I hope for madden 16, they expand upon this inaccuracy notion and add the phrase, "when under duress, the qb will now get rid of the ball when appropriate. And, while under duress and/or if the coverage is tight on the WR, a quality qb will now throw to a SPOT where only the WR can catch it. This may result in throwing the ball out of bounds as NO throw would be catchable based on the coverage at the time of the throw. But, ultimately the qb will now throw to a SPOT on the field where NO defender will catch it." This is the improvement I want to see in the qb ai. Throw to a SPOT. Don't throw it to where your WR might catch it, throw it to a SPOT where NO defender can catch it. Then, u will see swats, incomplete throws out of bounds, spectacular catches, etc.

# 60 Sheba2011 @ 08/14/14 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
This was a play now game, correct. The video the stream showing overalls was in CFM. If this is what you are referring to. I don't like the overalls being used in game 1of a season and I'm not a fan of 0's either.
Therein lies the problem if you use stats what do you show for rookies?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.