Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

Damian Lillard, Point Guard of the Portland Trail Blazers, announced on his Instagram account this morning, that he is the cover athlete for NBA Live 15.

Brian Mazique, over at Bleacher Report, has posted an interview with him, along with a new screenshot. The NBA Twitter feed posted the official cover art.

EA Sports has also released a behind the scenes NBA Live 15 cover trailer and blog.

Let's hope more announcements about the game are on the way soon.

Read the full press release below.

DAMIAN LILLARD TO GRACE COVER OF NBA LIVE 15

Portland Trailblazers All-Star Earns Cover Honors

August 25, 2014 – Today EA SPORTS announced that Damian Lillard will be featured as the cover athlete for NBA LIVE 15. Lillard shared the news with his fans via social media, and EA also released a special video celebrating Lillard’s appearance on the cover.

Lillard’s involvement in the franchise goes beyond a simple cover appearance, as he has been working with the NBA LIVE team for the past two years. Lillard participated in motion capture and voice over sessions in both Orlando and Vancouver, Canada where the team was able to capture his signature movement including dribbling and shooting. The team also scanned his head for likeness and recorded facial performance as well as had design sessions about the creative direction of the game. Damian is also the star and storyteller of the new Learn LIVE onboarding mode, where he teaches players the basics of NBA LIVE 15 and recounts his own life journey in basketball. Lillard is already making his presence known in the EA SPORTS family, appearing alongside Kevin Hart and Dave Franco in the recent Madden Season video.

Damian Lillard was selected in the first round of the 2012 NBA Draft by the Portland Trail Blazers, and went on to earn Rookie of the Year honors in 2013. Lillard’s impressive young career has continued to flourish, as he was named to the NBA West All-Star Team in 2014. He is also a two-time NBA Skills Challenge champion.

NBA LIVE 15 arrives with the most photo-realistic visuals in franchise history and 500+ core gameplay improvements delivering a truly fluid, fun and authentic basketball gaming experience. Reimagined visuals drop you courtside alongside the game’s biggest stars. See the intensity on a player’s face as he nails a game-winner, or the frustration of a heart-wrenching loss. All-new real-time physics on dunks and layups replicate some of the NBA’s most amazing physical plays, letting you posterize your opponent or deny his attempt at the rim. Add into the mix always-connected online game modes and LIVE’s Synergy Sports partnership and you’ll never miss a beat during the NBA season with new content updated daily, all season long.

NBA LIVE 15 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and will be available on October 7 for Xbox One, the all-in-one entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. To learn more about NBA LIVE 15, visit http://www.easports.com/nba-live.

NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 I Djm @ 08/25/14 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
what about the headband?
Maybe they will add it

# 42 Goffs @ 08/25/14 07:47 PM
Well his ears are more rounded than 2k's Durant PC pic....it's pretty low poly looking...Yes you read right EARS....

# 43 Junior Moe @ 08/25/14 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
About the colours looking washed, It can be edited with my TV settings, add a little more contrast, and it looks good

Lillard looks pretty good. Live 15 is certainly gonna look much better than 14. Hopefully the gameplay leap is just as great.

# 44 Pappy Knuckles @ 08/25/14 08:26 PM
After playing last years train wreck it's kind of hard for me to generate any level of excitement for Live this year. I'm not gonna clown it until I see if it's improved or not, though. Hopefully they spent this year making it a much better product. It would be nice to have two solid basketball games.

# 45 da ThRONe @ 08/25/14 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Made a quick comparison

This is about as spot on as you can get in a game right now. Doesn't mean gameplay will see the same boost, but if it does man we could be in for a treat. Which is great for everybody that enjoy videogames.

# 46 jmood88 @ 08/25/14 08:58 PM
That cover looks awful but the graphics are much better than last year's game.

# 47 CaliDude916 @ 08/25/14 09:00 PM
Great for Lillard. If the gameplay is as good as the graphics, we're in for a treat.

# 48 sega2k @ 08/25/14 11:15 PM
After seeing the in-game Lillard in the trailer. How do you guys think the graphics stack up to 2K 15 trailer they drop? The behind, on-par, ahead? From the face screens of George, Griffin, Park, and Steph I'd say EA is right on-par if not better.

# 49 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/25/14 11:21 PM
I won't say which is better until both are on my Tv . Ps4 games look so much better I front of me instead of youtube .

# 50 Semipro91 @ 08/25/14 11:48 PM
ROFL. Didn't take long for EA to mess this up. I'm 99% sure Lillard did some crazy campaign about how he is wearing a headband this year.

# 51 TalenT @ 08/26/14 01:08 AM
Color me impressed and intrigued! You have my attention EA. I'll be following Live closely awaiting gameplay now.

# 52 seanhazz1 @ 08/26/14 01:48 AM
Congrats to Damian Lillard. If Live wanted to go for the throat with their graphical overhaul, they would put up screenshots of the same players/venues that were released in the screen shots of their competitor, to show and prove that their improved player graphics are on par (or better).

Its almost like they think they have an ace up their sleeve at this point in the competition. I'm excited either way for the "battle" ahead.

# 53 thedream2k13 @ 08/26/14 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhazz1
Congrats to Damian Lillard. If Live wanted to go for the throat with their graphical overhaul, they would put up screenshots of the same players/venues that were released in the screen shots of their competitor, to show and prove that their improved player graphics are on par (or better).

Its almost like they think they have an ace up their sleeve at this point in the competition. I'm excited either way for the "battle" ahead.
They are competing against themselves now. 2k has hit global popularity. Live has to become relevant again and I hope that starts soon

# 54 JBulls @ 08/26/14 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofATL
I promise you that the gameplay will still be as crappy as ever. That is why they won't show any real gameplay footage.
Personally, I'm not sold without extensive raw gameplay but conjecture such as yours is unneeded. There is still time, it's not like it's October. Maybe when it is and if there's nothing of substance by then, I'll be worried.

# 55 newgeneration11 @ 08/26/14 04:54 AM
Super impressed with how Lilliards Arm/body looks in that screenshot. wow. the arm looks real, while 2ks look pretty gumb-ish.
I think 2k has the better faces, though. Live's faces are ashy. lol

# 56 The 24th Letter @ 08/26/14 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sega2k
After seeing the in-game Lillard in the trailer. How do you guys think the graphics stack up to 2K 15 trailer they drop? The behind, on-par, ahead? From the face screens of George, Griffin, Park, and Steph I'd say EA is right on-par if not better.

Nothing to compare really....all we have right now are distance arena shots, a few scans and Dame Lilliard pics to be honest.. Up until Oct of last year we all thought the Kyrie shots we were getting were going to be the standard and they weren't....so i'm a bit wary still....

Been wondering what the preview guy meant by "graphics are better, but not quite there yet" as well...makes me wonder about how the game animates...

We shall see when/if gameplay drops...more than happy to be worried about nothing

# 57 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/26/14 07:21 AM
I'm not worried about the graphics at all

Animations are another story

# 58 WTF @ 08/26/14 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofATL
I can't believe how so many of you guys fall for the same tricks every year. The game is a little over a month away from release and we have yet to see any gameplay footage. But yet some of you guys are all in no matter what. This is a tale tale sign that this game will disappoint on all fronts. Yes it might look better, but I promise you that the gameplay will still be as crappy as ever. That is why they won't show any real gameplay footage.

If you go to the ea sports website: http://www.easports.com/nba-live/new...e3-open-letter , and read that letter, you will see their main focus this year was scanning to get better graphics. That's mainly it. And they bearly mention gameplay improvements. They just skim over it a little bit. My guess it will play a hell of a lot like NBA Live 14 and that's not a good thing. But it will just look like a next-gen game this time. That's pretty much what we can expect.

Come on guys stop being so brainwashed.... it's so obvious what they are doing!!!!!!!!
That letter is one of many. Read the rest of them, where they talk about gameplay being the focus. The art guys and the gameplay guys don't work on the same things. I can guarantee you that the gameplay guys didn't sit around and twiddle their thumbs, looking at the strides that the art guys were making.

I'll also guarantee that it won't play like Live 14. The team that they have in place will make the right advancements in the right areas. It won't be as "crappy" as ever.

Hopefully a trailer will drop soon, so it'll at least put that argument to bed.

# 59 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/26/14 08:20 AM
I wonder if the EA will release a one time trial full game but limited time . Or a limited demo we can play everyday til release .

# 60 RICH72601 @ 08/26/14 09:04 AM
I've always loved Live as far as the detail in the jerseys, accessories, and sneakers. The screen looks good, but it kind of reminds me of some of their previous games as far as the player looking "ashy" like in Live 07 and 08. Hopefully it will look better on everyone's tv.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.