Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

We had our first glimpse of NBA Live 15 way back in April, then in June we found out the release date (October 7th) and read an open letter from Sean O’Brien, which promised a lot for NBA Live fans to be excited about. Here is a direct quote from it.

Quote:
We’ll start sharing gameplay details in July, and will continue to provide in-depth insight through August and September. During this time there will be plenty of content popping up here on the NBA LIVE website, as well as hands-on previews from your favorite sports and gaming outlets. We know we’ve got a lot to prove this year, and we’ve got a solid plan in place to provide you with all the details and take the first steps to making NBA LIVE 15 a game you’re excited to play.

Looking back at July, gameplay details were not revealed. In fact, the only real information that we had in the month of July was that a demo could come earlier than expected and they placed the @NBA Twitter handle on the basketball. Maybe the loss of Scott O'Gallaher sent them scrambling? Who knows, let's move on to August.

This month has been filled with screenshots of various arenas and a late Damian Lillard cover announcement with a few more screenshots of him sprinkled in. Not exactly the "in-depth insight" fans were expecting.

While there were some hands-on impressions in August from GameInformer and MMGN, as well as a podcast from our friends at NLSC, no other site has written anything else about the game.

So here we are, almost in September and we still don't know what to expect from the game. What modes are there? What gameplay changes have been made? What are they hiding from us?

NBA Live fans deserve better.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 WTF @ 09/01/14 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
Just my own opinion, but I think it stinks you have become an EA GameChanger.I really trusted your unbiased opinion on this game and the other game. I hope I'm not out of line, but I feel that we've now maybe lost that. We need more guys like you around here to give an honest, true opinion on these games.

I also echo what others have said, but I won't beat that horse.

For me to purchase this game and give it a legit chance, I would need a TON of credible OS'ers to really praise the heck out of this title. That's where I'm at as a consumer with them.
No need to doubt that I'll bring an unbiased opinion to the game regardless. I gave an unbiased opinion last year, even though I continually got hammered for it. Trust be told, it would have been quite a bit easier to hold my tongue and not enjoy Live 14. Instead, I saw a lot of positives that I personally look for. After I stated my opinion, several others gave it a try, and most of them saw the same things.

Being a Game Changer isn't a "yes man" type of role anymore. It's providing constructive feedback to the development team, being a liaison between the community and the guys working towards making the game a better playing game.

That's one of the biggest reasons that I personally want guys to try the demo, try the full game. If you love it, awesome. If you don't, then be constructive and articulate what you like, what you don't, how you'd fix the things that you don't. I can help get these things in front of the right people. I'm doing the same thing that I've done for the past 12-13 years, dating back to Mike Wang at Inside Drive. I'd compile a huge list of items, and send them over to him post release. Things that I wanted to change, things that I thought could be tweaked, etc. I did the same for Rob Jones at 2k early on.

Like DonWuan said, don't try games based on one guys opinion. With demo's, trials, etc, then try it yourself and see if it fits the bill.

# 162 WTF @ 09/01/14 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
Truth of matter is Live 14 is a solid foundation. The game does a lot of the core fundamentals of basketball extremely well. But it's just too basic. Needs a little more flare, attitude, and fluidity to reach the next level. Thats what I'm hoping for in 15.

I'll admit as well, this game isn't quite as far back from the competition as it may seem. Some of us who actually gave 14 a chance and played the hell out of it, despite its lack of quality, saw promise in the game. I've also did the same with the competition's first iteration on the new systems, and honestly wasn't impressed. Step back from current gen gameplay wise.

I will be visiting the forums more post release and giving honest insight with the game to help anyone who might be on the fence. IF the game lives up to my personal expectation of course.
This is what I saw, that made me want to help push the rest of the title in the right direction.

Well said bateman11.

# 163 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 09/01/14 04:03 PM
So WTF, have you played NBA Live 15?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 164 youvalss @ 09/01/14 04:17 PM
If a trailer is coming, then I guess by the way they show player movement, we can make something out of it. If they again try to hide a full sequence of a player moving...oh boy.

# 165 sega2k @ 09/01/14 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
If a trailer is coming, then I guess by the way they show player movement, we can make something out of it. If they again try to hide a full sequence of a player moving...oh boy.
I don't think they will try to hide it..O'Brien said this was one of the two major areas they focused..They have to show movement to gain confidence..If they hide it, well it just shows they don't know what they're doing..I think tomorrow we might be surprise..But who truly knows...

# 166 The 24th Letter @ 09/01/14 07:32 PM
Seems like no one can just play both games, enjoy some aspects of both, but maybe prefer Live..

there's always a need to throw a "I hated/didn't like/couldn't play" the other game etc." in there...like there needs to be a justification...

Just an observation...don't know why the community is so game war oriented.

# 167 stillfeelme @ 09/01/14 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
So WTF, have you played NBA Live 15?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I find it funny everyone keeps asking him has he played Live 15. Of course he has played it. He may not have played the latest build but of course he played a build of the game. He can't talk about the game details until EA gives him green light to do so. Just like other Youtubers get access say to Madden way before release date he has played the game. What would be the purpose of a Gamechanger if you couldn't see the community issues/wishlists in the actual game before it releases? It wouldn't even make sense lol.

Now back to this story. EA is doing exactly what I expect, they are waiting to the last minute to give actual videos. O'Brien spoke too soon about the actual release of all information like he had control over marketing. EA would rather not say anything than say something. Not sure what marketing is thinking there but those far away pictures didn't do much for me. However I would not be surprised if the budget for marketing was not as high. The truth is most of the improvements of the game will show in actual gameplay which are the last thing that gets released in basketball games. There are really no new modes some tweaking of existing modes but I expect all the improvements to the game will be noticed in art/player models and gameplay.

# 168 sega2k @ 09/01/14 07:41 PM
The next 24 hours is gonna be nerve racking...

# 169 thedream2k13 @ 09/01/14 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Seems like no one can just play both games, enjoy some aspects of both, but maybe prefer Live..

there's always a need to throw a "I hated/didn't like/couldn't play" the other game etc." in there...like there needs to be a justification...

Just an observation...don't know why the community is so game war oriented.
Because people only buy one basketball game

# 170 King_B_Mack @ 09/01/14 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Because people only buy one basketball game
I bought two last year and did so for the majority of the last two console generations.

# 171 BiggD @ 09/01/14 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I bought two last year and did so for the majority of the last two console generations.
Same here, I'll get both this year as well.... My name is Ben and i'm a NBA addict ;-)

# 172 Mintsa @ 09/01/14 08:23 PM
Honestly. I don't see the point of the hostility anymore. They said they release a demo before the release of the game, download the demo, try it out, if you like, buy it, you don't....then don't.

No pics, or sizzle trailer will sell this game to me now. It's been a loooooooong time between me and the live franchise. Give me the demo and I'll take it for a spin and if I like it, I'll buy it.

If I was to predict what will happen, I'll like the demo better than live 14's demo but will probably still pass on buying the game.

Either way, I don't need pics, sizzle trailer, gameplay blog etc. just give a demo....that's my game seller.

# 173 sega2k @ 09/01/14 08:32 PM
The way O'Brien has been talking the last day on twitter he's making it seem this is the greatest bball ever..At least he sounds confident in his work...

# 174 coolcras7 @ 09/01/14 08:57 PM
Quote:
Sorry I don't waste money on a product I don't intend to play just to say I own both game, I always felt that statement to be a bit silly, but people can do what they want with their money.

# 175 coolcras7 @ 09/01/14 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Honestly. I don't see the point of the hostility anymore. They said they release a demo before the release of the game, download the demo, try it out, if you like, buy it, you don't....then don't.

No pics, or sizzle trailer will sell this game to me now. It's been a loooooooong time between me and the live franchise. Give me the demo and I'll take it for a spin and if I like it, I'll buy it.

If I was to predict what will happen, I'll like the demo better than live 14's demo but will probably still pass on buying the game.

Either way, I don't need pics, sizzle trailer, gameplay blog etc. just give a demo....that's my game seller.
Because most companies now offer insentives to pre-order, if EA continues to wait until the last minute to release info they have already lost, if you are only getting one basketball game this year and with the trust factor lost by most of the community its hard to justify waiting to play the demo to decide, most casual fans just need that wow trailer to decide.

# 176 King_B_Mack @ 09/01/14 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Sorry I don't waste money on a product I don't intend to play just to say I own both game, I always felt that statement to be a bit silly, but people can do what they want with their money.
This post is wasted on me my man. I didn't buy the game just to say I own both. I didn't even buy it for full price or in a store. But I do like to see for myself just how good or bad something is.

# 177 coolcras7 @ 09/01/14 09:53 PM
Quote:
This post is wasted on me my man. I didn't buy the game just to say I own both. I didn't even buy it for full price or in a store. But I do like to see for myself just how good or bad something is.
Like I said you can waste your money however you like, I buy the best product available don't have time or money to waste on a bad product (no matter how big a basketball fan I am)just to find out how bad it is, we have a demo, reviews, OS, and streaming to find out how good something is without putting down hard cash.

# 178 swac07 @ 09/01/14 10:12 PM
Quote:
Like I said you can waste your money however you like, I buy the best product available don't have time or money to waste on a bad product (no matter how big a basketball fan I am)just to find out how bad it is, we have a demo, reviews, OS, and streaming to find out how good something is without putting down hard cash.
My sentiments exactly......

# 179 King_B_Mack @ 09/01/14 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2K
I often wonder what drives this hostility towards live. I find it hard to believe people here are that upset because they bought a live game for $60 once and were disappointed to the point where there is a constant need to point out negatives here and make demands like they are owed something.

I didn't agree with the OP because it seemed to cater to the lowest denominator here of where is the trailer and live sucks type responses.

Hopefully with the trailer and demo coming out soon we can get some good dialog going and constructive feedback for wtf to bring to the devs.
The hell does this even mean man? As a consumer you are owed a quality product. Particularly if you're told you're going to get one thing and end up with something else.

# 180 The 24th Letter @ 09/01/14 10:40 PM
Quote:

You say you don't care how people spend there money, then keep going on about how people are spending it....don't see the point....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.