Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

EA Sports has just released their NBA Live 15 improved visuals trailer. They have also released the NBA Live 15 features list.

Let us know what you think!

Lights, Camera, Action
We’re doubling down on visuals with an all-new scanning and lightning technique for the most photo-realistic player models in franchise history. Add into the mix player specific body types and contextual emotional responses and you will truly feel like you’re in the action.

Real-Time Physics in the Paint
Feel the impact of real-time physics on every drive, post move and collision in the most trafficked area on the court. 100+ new animations make it possible for something unpredictable and amazing to happen on every play. Scoring has been amped up with 3x the variety of dunks, layups and signature shots as you impose your will on your opponent with physicality you can feel.

Ultra-Responsive Controls
Passing, shooting and dribbling will feel snappier the moment you pick up the sticks. Freestyle Passing takes your assist game to the next level with no looks, behind the backs, and more. An all-new shot feedback system teaches you how to successfully get buckets, measuring three key factors in real-time to determine shot quality. Enhancements to bounceTek allow you to make cuts and change momentum on a dime, giving you the ability to create space and pull off devastating skilled dribble moves on the run.

Smarter AI & Transition Game
New AI logic drives all 10 players to move with intent and purpose while displaying greater off-ball awareness, adjusting as every play develops. Add in a smooth transition game as well as real-world offensive sets and defensive schemes and you’ve got 48 minutes and 94 feet of end-to-end, dynamic gameplay.

Defense Is Fun
New defensive systems make it easier to contain your man by using just the left stick. Contextual physicality, bumps and jostles, in addition to a new shot blocking system, delivers simplicity in controls helping you make that big defensive stop when your team needs it most.

Learn LIVE
NBA All-Star and Former ROTY Damian Lillard is your personal coach and mentor on the journey to becoming an expert NBA LIVE 15 player. Learn how to dominate LIVE like a boss with drills and tutorials wrapped in stories about Lillard’s path to the NBA.

LIVE Season
BIG Moments just got bigger. New Hot Spot Challenges allow you to replicate game-changing moments within an hour of them happening in the real NBA. The closer you get, the more bonus points you earn. Plus, all-new featured monthly events will offer fresh challenges as they actually happen, in real-time.

LIVE Ultimate Team
The perfect combination of NBA LIVE 15 and fantasy basketball. Build your dream team of the brightest modern NBA stars and all-time legends. Compete online or take part in Fantasy Challenges to earn coins and purchase new packs of players, uniforms, contracts, and more. A new auction house adds even more opportunities to assemble the fantasy team you’ve always wanted.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 381 CaliDude916 @ 09/05/14 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
For those asking for a raw version of the trailer here it is (thanks to TBM from NLSC):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h2...IVE15PS4XO.zip

I felt the definition of the trailer on Youtube wasn't clear and quite blurry even on HD but this video makes the trailer graphics look so much better.
I unzipped the file and extracted it to my documents and when I try to play the video all I get is audio. Any help?

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't realize you had to download QuickTime to play it.

# 382 dwadefan45 @ 09/05/14 06:35 AM
Is it going to have gameface? Also will it have a "pro clubs" game mode like FIFA's?

# 383 loosey101 @ 09/05/14 08:12 AM
I'm going to say no to both of those, I think they were too invested in changing the graphics this year to spend time implementing game face.

# 384 GisherJohn24 @ 09/05/14 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderboyrandle
Wow this looks amazing! hopefully we get some more news real soon
I thought that's one thing Live always had for the most part, aside from a few screwy looking faces in 14. But for the last 5 Live games, give or take, faces were always great. Remember when Live came out to the 360? I remember seeing wade warming up in that high tech gym and his face with the sweat coming off his skin, looked great. A few step backs here and there, but overall, I don't think Live ever looked BAD.

# 385 dwadefan45 @ 09/05/14 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loosey101
I'm going to say no to both of those, I think they were too invested in changing the graphics this year to spend time implementing game face.
Damn. I was hoping.

I would have bought it without question.

Oh well, I'll probably get it if 2k's gameplay drives me insane again (it does every year)

# 386 blackceasar @ 09/05/14 03:07 PM
Im not knocking on what I see AT ALL.. however due to EA's track record with Live I will have to make my final (or close to final judgement) when I can play an actual demo or have a real copy of the game running on my system. It's a trailer. I feel like the in game graphics WILL look like that, but again with EA's track record with Live, and a very well deserved track record might I add, there is just no way of really knowing until you are playing it. Putting together a 1 minute or 2 minute "sizzle video" (thats what we call it in Advertising) where you can put a lot of time and effort into tweaking, enhancing and adjusting a pre-rendered video is totally different than "can EA render this kind of graphics and animation in real time during an actual game on my system". I know there are some fan boys here that are confirming those are in-game graphics but again, when you are a fanboy of the series (and nothing wrong that that), you will embellish on what you know about the game to make yourself and others feel better.

Again, NOT knocking what I saw. It was a visual orgasm of goodness but I cant play a trailer... so for me the jury on what its going to look like in live action gameplay is still out.

# 387 blackceasar @ 09/05/14 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
It appears that Live finally plotted a well thought out 3 year plan, bit the bullet, and are sticking to it. Live 14 looks like it was the skeleton, Live 15 looks like it will be the flesh, and hopefully Live 16 will be the soul.
I don't mind the "3 year" plan so to speak but be upfront and honest about it. And lets be real. EA felt Live 14 was a great game until the public said otherwise. Think about it. Live 14 was god awful.. BUT if not one single person said it was, would EA have done all the PR stuff they did? No. So back to the 3 year plan, I don't mind it, but admit thats what it is and THEN don't charge me 60.00 for year 1 and year 2 of your 3 year plan. Put out Live 14 and call it "NBA LIVE 33%".. and sell it for 20.00 (25 percent of full price).. Year 2 call it NBA LIVE 66% and sell it for 40.00 and when we are into year 3 call it "NBA LIVE FINALLY" and THEN charge us 60.00

# 388 da ThRONe @ 09/05/14 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
I don't mind the "3 year" plan so to speak but be upfront and honest about it. And lets be real. EA felt Live 14 was a great game until the public said otherwise. Think about it. Live 14 was god awful.. BUT if not one single person said it was, would EA have done all the PR stuff they did? No. So back to the 3 year plan, I don't mind it, but admit thats what it is and THEN don't charge me 60.00 for year 1 and year 2 of your 3 year plan. Put out Live 14 and call it "NBA LIVE 33%".. and sell it for 20.00 (25 percent of full price).. Year 2 call it NBA LIVE 66% and sell it for 40.00 and when we are into year 3 call it "NBA LIVE FINALLY" and THEN charge us 60.00
You should never judge a company by it's words only it's actions. All companies will tell you whatever they have to in order to increase profits. This will always be the case as long as we live in a monetary driven world. You will be greatly disappointed if you go through life without embracing that simple fact.

Like I said instead of buying "lip service" you should evaluate the product on it's on merit. Personally I never get why people are so attracted to marketing ploys. It's mostly hot air the proof is in the pudding. You give me something I like and think is worth the price and there's a good chance I'll buy. Miss me with the talking.

# 389 Ermolli @ 09/05/14 06:55 PM
After watching the uncompressed video several times I'm liking what I saw.
Despite that I think collars are too wide, the wishbone collars' texture is quite overdone, Spurs number is too wide, Celtics green is weird and the arm holes go too down.

I honestly can't see the animations from the trailer being weird, stiff or bad; can someone help me seeing that? Maybe I'm trying to hard to notice it that I can't see it. I didn't like the little elevation Griffin had on that dunk when he sure can jump out of the building and how fast and straight the ball falls after a dunk despite how the direction it was going in.

Overall I enjoyed watching it and really hope the gameplay is very good to great so I can somewhat accept the rest of its shortcomings.

# 390 thedream2k13 @ 09/05/14 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
You should never judge a company by it's words only it's actions. All companies will tell you whatever they have to in order to increase profits. This will always be the case as long as we live in a monetary driven world. You will be greatly disappointed if you go through life without embracing that simple fact.

Like I said instead of buying "lip service" you should evaluate the product on it's on merit. Personally I never get why people are so attracted to marketing ploys. It's mostly hot air the proof is in the pudding. You give me something I like and think is worth the price and there's a good chance I'll buy. Miss me with the talking.
Well u are special because apple, Sony ,Microsoft , small business etc all see and know that without marketing your business dies.

# 391 ScoobySnax @ 09/05/14 08:00 PM
^LOL......

# 392 da ThRONe @ 09/05/14 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Well u are special because apple, Sony ,Microsoft , small business etc all see and know that without marketing your business dies.
I meant people as in the consumer, not the companies themselves.

# 393 cheesy999 @ 09/06/14 12:15 PM
Everything clearly looks better than nba live 14, but we've still barely gotten anything from ea about this game other than this. I also think the animations still just look kind of weird. Don't seem to look as fluent as 2k's are. Hopefully this game can make some competition with 2k, but we'll have to wait and see if the gameplay is actually any better.

# 394 ovo_1013 @ 09/06/14 03:10 PM
The more I watch this trailer, It looks less "stiff" to me. Players don't hang on the rim everytime they dunk so that's why the Howard and Lillard dunks looked that way. I understand the Blake sequence as far as looking weird due to his lack of elevation. Maybe it's the angle and where he took off from? Idk. Lillard crossing up Beverley was a thing of beauty. Especially the way he extended his arm to create space. It may seem like he "carried" to some, but that's possible in real life. All in all, I can't wait to get a feel for this game myself! I say we're a week or 2 away from that.

# 395 XXstormmXX @ 09/07/14 05:35 PM
Hearing about new defensive controls sounds good. Defensive controls in 2k are hard.

# 396 thedream2k13 @ 09/07/14 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
Hearing about new defensive controls sounds good. Defensive controls in 2k are hard.
EA tends to simplify their controls which is good but you get less control options on offense and defense. Little things like choosing which hand you want to attempt a layup with are missing or which way you want to initiate a eurostep . I like those options actually. Those should be basics in both bball games.

# 397 JODYE @ 09/08/14 02:17 AM
Well visually the game looks incredible.

Some of the animations still look wonky (Curry pass, Griffin dunk, etc) but I don't expect those all to be ironed out in one cycle.

Def a huge step in the right direction. Hopefully they see this plan all the way through.

# 398 DETERMINOLOGY @ 09/28/14 02:01 PM
People going off looks again. Remember this is nba live hopefully things will be different in nba live 15 compared to last years we got to see. Ill admit graphically the game looks good BUT gameplay wize/animations nba live has a bad history with there games looking robotic/stiff and we just have to see

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.