Home
NBA 2K15 News Post
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Rondee @ 10/02/14 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtq
Exactly. Hence why, the argument of "it's an older build", wouldn't fly here.
who said these are from the retail version anyway? if it wasn't confirmed then it's a possibility.

if these are, then they got it right for the trailer, then screwed it up when it went gold..

# 142 lakers24 @ 10/02/14 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtq
Exactly. Hence why, the argument of "it's an older build", wouldn't fly here.
Actually it could considering those clips could be from the build that is going to be the day 1 patch.

# 143 snocone @ 10/02/14 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondee
you know what though, there is hope - it might be one of those "it's an older build" type deals, since if it was in the Momentous trailer, it means they got it right at some point....

@LD2K?
Maybe they fixes it in the patch?

# 144 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 10/02/14 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
This game looks absolutely awesome and looks really improved from 2k14. Animations look to be a lot smoother. I love what I'm seeing this year.

I would like to see 2k tighten up on some of the sliding that happens on some of the defense and catch animations. I would also like them to finally tackle defensive stance off ball. I hate when players off ball go into an on ball defensive stance. It makes the game look less realistic and the user loses a natural basketball feel when playing. They really need to add more off ball defensive animations. I really can't stand trying to run back down court after a made basket and your player goes into a on ball defensive stands. 2k please look to correct this in the future.

Game is looking great overall and I can't wait to get it on the 7th.
I totally agree. The only gripe I have with the game is the foot sliding. They can't seem to eliminate it & it's the only thing holding the game back in my opinion. Players just slide into position when receiving passes or players feet will slide into position when waiting for the rebound on free throws, etc...Don't get me wrong the game looks amazing otherwise & the level of authenticity & signature animations is the best of any sports game hands down. It's just that with the game looking so realistic now, things like foot sliding & motion shifting really stick out like a sore thumb. Hopefully we can get this tightened up in a patch.....

# 145 Rondee @ 10/02/14 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snocone
Maybe they fixes it in the patch?
hopefully... you can't tease a good Curry shot FINALLY in a trailer - something we've been dying to see in 2K - and then ultimately not give it to the people..

# 146 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 10/02/14 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOut32
Having Steve Kerr doing color commentary really takes the immersion out of the presentation for me personally. I thought about what some of you have mentioned, about it being too far in development to replace him, but I saw the MIN vs NYK video and heard him mention Sam D being on 5 teams in 5 years. That would mean he'd have had to record his lines after he was hired after the NYK/DAL trade. I find it hard to believe that 2K couldn't replace him in time to have the game ready. This, plus Still having Clark Kellogg (Not an NBA analyst), No halftime show, No in-game "Around the league" highlights show, or a full NBA on TNT cast. I really wish 2K would expand the Dev Team & put forth the resources to truly create a Next GEN presentation for their flagship sports franchise. Just my 2 cents. Still excited to play.
I agree. While it's not a deal breaker, it still hurts the immersion having Steve Kerr still commentating. I would've rather them completely removed Kerr & just have 2 commentators than have Kerr as a coach & a commentator smh.

I'm all for the Shaq & Ernie pregame show but if it's at the expense of eliminating the halftime highlights & around the league udpates then that's EXTREMELY disappointing. Please tell me we still have a halftime show? That's one of the best parts of 2K's presentation! Say it ain't so???

# 147 mcat71090 @ 10/02/14 09:27 PM
LOVE how active the CPU big men are..espcially dieng in that one vid. they were always looking to set down screens or ball screens, etc. CPU pick and roll game is nice too

# 148 dtq @ 10/02/14 09:27 PM
Quote:
who said these are from the retail version anyway? if it wasn't confirmed then it's a possibility.

if these are, then they got it right for the trailer, then screwed it up when it went gold..
These videos are from an OS user who got his hands on a retail (confirmed) copy of the game.

# 149 stillfeelme @ 10/02/14 09:35 PM
If they haven't already they need to add Sam Cassell to the Clippers bench as an assistant coach. He was still on the Wizards probably will be in a roster update.

# 150 nickthemajin @ 10/02/14 09:36 PM
Ronnie2k just confirmed preloading for 2k15 should happen tomorrow on Steam. I can't post a link because I have less than five posts but if you go on the 2k15 forum on steam you'll see.

# 151 thedream2k13 @ 10/02/14 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
But if the sleeves/accessories are dark, the unis should be too. But the blacks on the unis are just that washed out. It should look dark dark. Not this grayish color again.
Seems people find ANYTHING complain about !!

# 152 El_Poopador @ 10/02/14 09:38 PM
Finally got a chance to watch these. I really wish they would have just showed gameplay like this from the start lol. It would have saved a lot of worry. It looks a lot better than 2k14.

Movement looks smoother, and it seems like there are a lot more transition animations, which was much needed. Hopefully the controls are as tight as they look.

One of my biggest issues last year was the CPU defense reading button inputs; you really couldn't beat an on-ball defender unless you got an ankle breaker animation. I saw a lot of times where the user was able to go around the slower defender, or got around just because he got a step on him. That made me very happy to see. I especially loved the Melo jab step to the right, then jab to drive toward the baseline. I never saw that against a CPU defender last year.

Saw a few hiccups by the CPU on offense, but overall the AI looks to be much improved in the decision making. They seem to move the ball more intelligently and actually take open looks, rather than just passing back and forth until the shot clock ran out, which I saw a lot last year.

I liked the pregame with Shaq and Ernie, but there was definitely a disconnect by playing that mini-video mix after the pregame. It would have been a really nice touch if when Ernie kicked it over to Kevin, it would have gone right into Harlan's intro, and have him acknowledge what was said by Shaq and Ernie. The mini mix could have been played before Shaq and Ernie's pregame instead.

# 153 thedream2k13 @ 10/02/14 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Lord I hope sim heads are not complaining about low shooting %'s
Be ready for those "pick up and play" casuals to put the game on hof/superstar Sim and complain that they can't score lol

# 154 thedream2k13 @ 10/02/14 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
You could also pause and do your subs, it's not as quick, but it's the best way to do them without calling a TO. People are so dramatic.
Yep or they can look at the white bar at the top of the circle under the players Lol. People quick to complain without seeing the answer right in front of them

# 155 Bowinkle08 @ 10/02/14 09:54 PM
the illiegal screen call happens way too frequently. even ronnie was throwing shade on the live stream. i wonder how the player of the game pic will be affected when players change teams.

# 156 yekim_mary143 @ 10/02/14 09:59 PM
The game overall, is surely great, but the commentary team must be change, and for an obvious reason. It's outdated. How can you have steve kerr coach and commentate at the same time? That's some weird sh*t. If you have a keen eye for detail, you will surely notice this. That's the only hiccup for me so far, but i'm sure the overall gamplay, and content will compensate this.

# 157 Bearsfan1 @ 10/02/14 10:07 PM
The terrible passing in this game is a deal breaker for me. Looks like they didn't even touch it from last year's game. Still looks frustrating passing the ball in transition and the floatiness is an absolute killer. Probably gonna pass this year unless it comes at a discount for the PC.

# 158 Bowinkle08 @ 10/02/14 10:11 PM
too many missed dunks and layups when ppl are mildly contested imo

# 159 Goffs @ 10/02/14 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowinkle08
too many missed dunks and layups when ppl are mildly contested imo
Good no more automatic points

# 160 grodbetatted @ 10/02/14 10:16 PM
Quote:
well, if it gets tipped, then maybe it wasn't a smart pass. or maybe it seemed like it at the time, but someone got to it. happens all the time on the court.. plays get disrupted.. it sucks because play stops...but good for the defense... and it's true to life..

Blocking/anticipating passing lanes, is playing smart defense IMO - regardless of what you think about playing off ball defense... (sometimes bordering on gambling, but thats a different topic...)

I don't think "tipped passes" in 2K is a problem. I think the problem is that since it's a video game, we expect passes to be automatic and hit like laser.
So to you it's ok for you to make a pass and someone just quickly tap x or square and luckily getting a steal all the time?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.