Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

According to NBA 2K15 gameplay producer Jerson Sapida, flagrant fouls and player ejections are in this year.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 stillfeelme @ 10/05/14 07:18 PM
Flagrant fouls are in but are are techs from arguing calls in? There are far more techs from arguing than from actual flagrant fouls. Nice to see this implemented though

• Cousins, Blake and yes Durant led the league in technical fouls all had 16 from last year.
  • Actual flagrant fouls was led by Sullinger with 6
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...technicalFouls

# 22 morningstar777 @ 10/05/14 08:14 PM
Ejections are probably just given out to someone that has 2 flagrant fouls in a game, I don't see 2K putting in players arguing calls and fighter to get ejected.

# 23 Steve_OS @ 10/06/14 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung28

According to NBA 2K15 gameplay producer Jerson Sapida, flagrant fouls and player ejections are in this year.
Looking forward to actually seeing this happen in a game.

# 24 BrianFifaFan @ 10/06/14 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung28
Yeah, it's the gameplay producer. Here is his facescan. I've seen him a few times.
He makes the game feel good!

# 25 The Lob Mob @ 10/06/14 08:49 AM
I hope this is a risk/reward kinda thing where you can give some hard fouls & mess with player rhythm & team rhythm...

# 26 Gramps91 @ 10/06/14 08:57 AM
Sounds like a great addition. Been waiting for it for a long time

# 27 stillfeelme @ 10/06/14 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
So do we have alagrant 1 and 2 fouls or dose it just have to happen twice? Oh I don't know I don't think they would have figting but I could see players getting in the refs face or something.
It should work how it works in real life. There is and definitely shouldn't be any fighting but it should have players arguing calls they don't think they have committed or whine and complain when they thought they were fouled and receive a tech. The players with history of being a little hot headed get tossed for getting 2 techs

Cousins is the poster boy for this but he actually had 0 flagrant fouls last year and Durant the cover athlete was tied for the most techs in the league.

# 28 VDusen04 @ 10/06/14 09:20 AM
I already said this in another thread but I feel it bears repeating in the thread specifically on this topic: great addition. Even if it's wonky in its first iteration (even better if it's not), it's still something that's now present and can be worked on and improved as we move forward. I'm curious to see what they look like - if there's specific animations or if they share animations with plays that are sometimes called common fouls.

# 29 tril @ 10/06/14 09:34 AM
nice.
I figure if you go for a block, and miss time it and hit the player that could trigger a flgrant foul.. hard fouls on fast breaks could trigger the call also.
arguing of calls could be too gimmicky, but a players reaction to a foul call could trigger a technical. I remember in past 2k games RAsheed Wallace would get animated after certain foul calls.

very nice addition.

# 30 Mauer4MVP @ 10/06/14 09:53 AM
Wish we had control over it. I can see problems with the CPU decided (such as Madden's challenge system).

If it was controlled by the User and random if the player got ejected or not (and somewhat on reputation), I think that would be better. Maybe give a boost the the team chemistry or crowd noise.

Hopefully it can be turned off if it gets too annoying.

# 31 GHUFF @ 10/06/14 09:54 AM
Well time to test that with the 89 Bad Boy Pistons

# 32 Duce0191 @ 10/06/14 10:07 AM
The way I always thought techs would work is that it would be attached to some form of user input bodily reaction. For PS4, this could be either a quick movement as recognized from the controller's accelerometer, or triggered by movement on the PS Camera. X1 could incorporate movement on the Kinect. Camera and Kinect may be harder to implement in terms of discerning the appropriate user's actions. Each player would be assigned an 'emotion' rating + the currently implemented behavioral types to determine their sensitivity to these 'triggers'. Each time a trigger occured, it would build up in a cache (that would gradually go down over time if the player is collected, i.e. not fouling, decent energy levels, not cold on offense/defense). This cache could be used on flagrant fouls & technicals. I'm interested in seeing how its implemented on here. Flagrant fouls and ejections sound like great/necessary additions to the game

# 33 kiev123 @ 10/06/14 10:17 AM
Can we injure players with flagrant fouls intentionally ? Can teammates react their teammate being flagrant fouled ?

# 34 Sdrawkcab321 @ 10/06/14 10:39 AM
I want players whining and crying to refs for fouls like in real life.

Also they should bring in the nhl 15 team to integrate their fighting system. I want full on brawls lol

# 35 rudeworld @ 10/06/14 11:27 AM
When is the review coming?

# 36 riichiieriich @ 10/06/14 11:36 AM
The only thing missing from NBA 2k15 that would make this the perfect basketball game ever would be MyCrew. If they someone manage to bring that back with all of the improvements I will likely never buy another sports game again.

# 37 FedExPope @ 10/06/14 11:52 AM
and of course poor Cousins has to be the picture in the OP's post...honestly, his past reputation earns him more ejections nowadays than anything he does.

# 38 Zane3490 @ 10/06/14 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riichiieriich
The only thing missing from NBA 2k15 that would make this the perfect basketball game ever would be MyCrew. If they someone manage to bring that back with all of the improvements I will likely never buy another sports game again.

There's always that one guy in every thread who has to mention crew not being in the game.

# 39 Rams_3 @ 10/06/14 12:27 PM
Nice addition 2k. Makes the game even more realistic. Keep up the good work

# 40 Dr. Banner @ 10/06/14 12:33 PM
I have to see this to believe it, this sounds to amazing..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.