Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

If you want to help improve the NBA Live 15 experience, this is a very unique way to possibly help the game improve this year.

WTF is a long-time member of our site and also an EA Sports Game Changer, so he has a voice with the developers and constructive feedback will only help the experience in NBA Live 15 improve. Read his message and leave your own constructive feedback in the comments!

Quote:
"Alright guys, the games been out nearly 2 weeks now, and I know that a lot of you have either picked up the game or have at least tried the demo. For that alone, thank you all.

With that out of the way, I want/need your feedback. I love seeing all of the old timers coming over and finding an enjoyable experience with Live 15, and really seeing the path that the Live team is on. I truly believe in the team, and I know that they have a vision in mind.

I want to know, specifically for THIS YEAR'S RELEASE (Live 15), what would make your experience more enjoyable? Whether it be Sliders, Roster Editing, Online Team Play, etc...

If you have more than 1 item that would make your Live 15 experience better, RANK them in order. I don't want this to turn into a negative feedback thread. If it is, I'll report you and we'll move on.

In order to be your voice with EA, I need to specifically see what's important for our community. This isn't to say that any of it can be implemented this year, but I do want to see where everything ranks for you all.

With all of that out of the way, let's get the feedback flowing. Again, not an impressions thread, or a bash thread. Let me know what's important to you all.

"

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Mian @ 11/18/14 02:30 AM
Sliders
on Superstar itīs way to easy to score. The Field Goald % is too high.

To many 4 Point plays.

Setting Blocks .. wy i canīt choose the side where the Block is set?

# 62 TjJunior @ 11/18/14 03:38 AM
A baseball game would have made my experience more enjoyable. Not trying to be a jerk, but its true.

# 63 JBulls @ 11/18/14 03:50 AM
The court lines need to be updated and fixed. 3 point lines + center line (too thick) and occasionally part of the free throw circle are not regulation, same for the restricted area which needs to be extended.

for reference: NBA Rulebook (Page 8)

# 64 wimp14 @ 11/18/14 04:23 AM
1 edit rosters I should be able to duplicate the EA rosters update.
1.5 regardless of camera angle there seems to be dead spots on the floor. Baseline low I can't see the paint. On default crowd gets in the way of action.
2 shot release is way too fast. So fast that's it still feels random for me.
3 lack of rim protection I feel hopeless at times when player's drive.
The force field video makes my 3rd point.

# 65 Walt Frazier @ 11/18/14 05:50 AM
QUOTE: I want to know, specifically for THIS YEAR'S RELEASE (Live 15), what would make your experience more enjoyable? Whether it be Sliders, Roster Editing, Online Team Play, etc...

Important question : Does this mean the DEVS will actually read this and implement changes? Or...is this just WTF generating discussion?

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but they asked us to nominate a bugs thread for LIVE 14 and then completely ignored it / did not even fix a single thing.

So, before anyone wastes time typing, is there some sort of GUARANTEE that this thread is for real and there will be a gameplay patch with sliders / edits etc?

# 66 KG#5beantown @ 11/18/14 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
QUOTE: I want to know, specifically for THIS YEAR'S RELEASE (Live 15), what would make your experience more enjoyable? Whether it be Sliders, Roster Editing, Online Team Play, etc...

Important question : Does this mean the DEVS will actually read this and implement changes? Or...is this just WTF generating discussion?

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but they asked us to nominate a bugs thread for LIVE 14 and then completely ignored it / did not even fix a single thing.

So, before anyone wastes time typing, is there some sort of GUARANTEE that this thread is for real and there will be a gameplay patch with sliders / edits etc?
You have to read the thread. WTF already stated that there is no guarantee that our suggestions will be implemented.

So here are my top 4

1. Roster editing (player attributes, tendencies, gear, shoes, contracts, coaching profiles...the full package)

2. Edit playbooks

3. Slider

4. Smoother animations

This game has so much potential and it could be great with some additions!

# 67 therizing02 @ 11/18/14 09:05 AM
1. Late game AI
2. Late game AI
3. Roster editing
4. Roster editing

# 68 rafaelpaolo84 @ 11/18/14 09:05 AM
This is great, thank you so much for this, WTF. This and AJ's post in the petition thread give me some hope still for Live 15. With that said, here's my list:

1. Player Editing (should also be available within Dynasty mode and for all teams)
- Gear & Accessories
- Animations (jumpshot, sig dribbles, layup/dunk packages)
- Ratings and tendencies (with global editing option)
- Info (name, number, position, etc.)
2. Roster Editing (should also be available within Dynasty mode and for all teams)
3. Playbook Editing (should also be available within Dynasty mode and for all teams)
4. Gameplay sliders (shot success rate for perimeter shots and lay-ups/dunks; perimeter, post, and in-air contact/collision frequency; off/def rebounds, blocks, and steals success rate; separate shooting foul slider for jumpshots and lay-ups/dunks)
5. More contact in the paint esp to combat the uninterruptible lay-ups/up-and-unders along the baseline
6. Turn off boundary force field to combat baseline moves exploit (or add a boundary force field slider)
7. Adjust jumpshot release point, too quick atm; increase variety of rim-net interactions on made shots, too many all-net swishes atm
8. Increase open-court pace/sprint speed for fast breaks
9. Fix late-game AI, in terms of situational awareness (score and clock) and the right players taking the final shots
10. Add commentary/celebrations/cut-scenes for game-winning buzzer beaters

And finally, though it seems so far that I'm the only one asking for this, please include a scrimmage mode for team practices inside Dynasty mode.

# 69 JHedges2 @ 11/18/14 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaiderX
1. Create-A-Player (for all game modes, not just Rising Star)
2. Roster Editing (goes hand and hand with above)
3. Sliders
4. Late Game A.I.
I think it's fair to say that these are the overwhelming majority of what people want.

These 'seem' like simple fixes that would really sell a lot of copies IMO.

You can add my name to the list of wanting the aforementioned issues. Thanks for starting this WTF.

# 70 vtcrb @ 11/18/14 09:43 AM
This thread has been filled with Great ideas. I think #1 thing after reading thru is TOTAL Customization.

If the NBA Live team can make this Happen, NBA Live will take a HUGE leap forward. I believe IF the Community could actually get under the Hood of the game, then we could actually figure out What can be fixed thru Edits and What can ONLY be fixed on Developers end. Which i think would be Valuable for NBA Live 16 and Beyond.

# 71 mitsurugi_78 @ 11/18/14 09:59 AM
#1 Defense must improve (cpu magically going around guys attempting to take a charge or just some how jumping in between 3 defenders standing in the paint and putting up a crazy layup has to stop.)
#2 Better post play, transitioning into the post up position does some funky things if you're moving toward the basket or player...and spinning baseline is almost always blocked by the cpu, even with some dominant post players.
#3 Foul shooting needs to be harder...I don't think I've missed a foul shot with not one player on any team in the past 20 games i've played.
#4 Fix the 3 second rule...this is called way too often when working in the paint...don't get me wrong...3 seconds is 3 seconds...but either the NBA is letting it slide or something is wrong...sometimes the guy has just gotten the ball and in no way has it been 3 seconds and you get whistled.

# 72 mitsurugi_78 @ 11/18/14 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
1. Would like to see player acceleration (overall player quickness, mainly guards, Ultra Athletic players) fixed. Players can switch gears and get down the court at light speed (not really) to get some show time. Something like this

- Blake Griffin Breakaway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC-FIIX0AQU
- James White: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cXH6bEQdVw
- D-Will: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-5RzVlu8_c
- LeBron - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abMNajV1bBE

I'm a guy who loves pace, usually when a guy gets a break, there's only one or two guys who makes the run back. Things like that would be nice.

2. Another thing is improve the pick n pop game. I think you have to hold the pick button down too long for it to register, it should be quick and precise so you can make your move and know the guy will pop out in rhythm.

3. Not sure if it's patchable, but the ability to change your line up on the fly between quarters, give us like 20-40 seconds to make line up changes, rather than the first whistle in

4. More Celebrations, more animations after the whistle. Not a fan of everyone throwing up 1's after every quarter.

5. Music after a big play should only be played for the home team, not the visiting team. Even then it gets too repetitive, and unnecessary

6. Catch n Go game could use a bit more polish, but that's up there with animaton transitions
i believe if you hold down on the d-pad then you can make on the fly lineup changes mid game.

# 73 Mikesthyme @ 11/18/14 10:09 AM
1.deeper game modes like dynasty can be improved.
2.would be cool if the half time show was longer, showed more highlights like an actual NBA broadcast, of course with the option to skip.
3. everyone is talking about sliders..ehhh doesnt really hurt.
4. pre -game rituals would be nice to see... I noticed they took away the mic'ed up part of the half time show.. but didnt add anything to replace.I enjoyed hearing what coaches had to say.
5. Would be great if they showed highlights from other games during half time or post game.
6.game winner celebrations would be GREAT to see..
7.assistant coaches???
8.took away cheerleaders? bring them back
9. interactive sidelines, like camera men moving out like in madden.

# 74 mike24forever @ 11/18/14 11:51 AM
There is no need for this thread. The Live team, thanks to WTF, knows what the OS community wants. 9 pages of people saying the samething, some are just a bit more detailed. I don't normally get aggravated with developers, I have no idea what goes into making a game, but I feel like this is a stall tactic. It is no secret what OS gamers want in this game and the features desired, because they have been highlighted (repeatedly) since EA Early Access.

But that's just my 2 cents.

# 75 El_Poopador @ 11/18/14 12:31 PM
1. The ability to do subtle dribble moves while moving. Right now, if you're moving and cross over, for example, you get a speed boost and kind of start sprinting. It makes walking sizeups essentially nonexistent.

2. More in-depth and smoother post game. It's hard to really differentiate between great post players this year.

3. Sometimes it feels like you can't make small directional changes as the ball handler. Oftentimes when I try to go around a screen, I have to run far around it, then footplant to start going towards the hoop after a sharp direction change. It's hard to get around the screen quickly that way, and gives the defender a lot of time to recover.

4. Roster editing (ratings, accessories, etc.)

# 76 vtcrb @ 11/18/14 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
There is no need for this thread. The Live team, thanks to WTF, knows what the OS community wants. 9 pages of people saying the samething, some are just a bit more detailed. I don't normally get aggravated with developers, I have no idea what goes into making a game, but I feel like this is a stall tactic. It is no secret what OS gamers want in this game and the features desired, because they have been highlighted (repeatedly) since EA Early Access.

But that's just my 2 cents.
Well Consider WTF Made the thread, I think what he wants is to get maybe the TOP 2 or 3 things from tallying all the feedback. I am HOPING for a Live 15 Patch, then the Rest HOPEFULLY in Live 16.

# 77 juice2142 @ 11/18/14 01:26 PM
1. Late game AI.
2. Paint physics
3. LUT needs to have some sort of chemistry element like FIFA. (penalty for playing out of position)
4. LUT being a salary cap type mode like PES does with their online ultimate team mode
5. Team play
6. Stealing a pass improvement (not stealing a dribble)

# 78 P-Dub @ 11/18/14 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
For you all saying Full Customization, break it down for me if you don't care in order of importance.

For example, do you value Sliders more than roster editing?

Do you value Roster Editing more than Sliders?

For me, I think I would value Roster Editing more than Sliders at this point, because although time consuming, I think we could alleviate the need for Sliders by being able to adjust players individual tendencies/attributes.

I just want to know where everybody stands, and break it down on a simple level.
1. I would go with Roster editing in the following format. Editing player movement(assigned team) and lineups. Editing individual ratings, number, and position. Editing all player ratings on a team, Editing all ratings in the league. That way people can make mass changes and minute changes. Allow the tendencies to be editable as well. I would also save just these changes (and not the entire roster)to a file so they could be saved and traded online.

2.Any AI/animation issues that cause a player to freeze mid animation, or delay the game from progressing on an inbounds play, and end game AI, substitution issues, etc. Basically as many bugs that hurt the experience need to be fixed.

3. More collisions in the paint with the intention on causing a missed shot and deterring the player from spamming/exploiting inside shots from driving and being under the rim and pumpfaking. It would have to be coupled with a good help defense that rotates to also discourage the drive.

4. Improved movement response. Look at some NBA footage, notice when a player decides to move(take an educated guess) and how long it takes them to make that first step, what angle the direction they changed, if any, whether they have the ball or not, moving laterally, moving from a stand still, etc and count the frames it takes. Match that response time in the game for animations. Do the same for players changing direction. Use a large sample size of players from quick guards to athletic wings to slower bigger players. It's not that the game is too slow, it just takes too long to get started, if you understand. Playing NBA Live 15 offline feels to me like I am playing NBA 2K15 online.

# 79 sPORKaccione33 @ 11/18/14 02:40 PM
WTF, thanks for giving us a voice!

I'm loving the game because the servers are actually great online! I have a few gripes with the game, most of which can be fixed this year through patches or updates!

Things like no floater controls cannot be fixed this year I'm assuming, whereas things like tipoffs always going to the PG or full court passes being impossible to manually steal can be tweaked to work more realistically.

In my view, the most important things to patch up this year are:

1. Weekly roster updates - Synergy stats should help pinpoint players overperforming or underperforming their Live counterparts. It's seriously frustrating to only play with my favorite team (Jazz) and see the ratings are so off. Things like Kanter having better post defence rating than Favors who is a defensive beast... Rudy Gobert never getting blocks or even altering shots, just jumping up looking goofy as can be contorting his body every which way... Enes Kanter and Trevor Booker with <45 3pt shot ratings when they've been shooting good percentages all year... Ingles no face, low passing rating when that's the only skill he has that allows him to play in the NBA. It's hard to play to a team's real life strengths when the in game ratings are like that. The big market teams are rated pretty fairly though...

2. Editable playbooks. Or at least let us change playbook to another team's. Quick playcalls are pretty worthless except for calling postups for your PG,SG,SF if you have a mismatch. So give us the option to bring in other plays and customize our team's playbook or let us pick another team's playbook at the team selection screen.

3. Paint defence. Paint defence is pretty underwhelming right now. Even with Rudy Gobert and Derrick Favors at the 5 and 4 and packing the paint with dpad it's too easy for a star guard to drive inside and complete the 3 point play. So basically, help defence from big men need to slide into charge position a lot more responsively than what they do now. I don't know how the post defence and block ratings work together, but some animations by my shotblockers when trying to stop a driver are just absolutely ludicrous.

Overall I'm loving this game because it allows me to play head to head without lag issues. Post moves are deeper than most realize, I can do everything I can in 2k, just can't decide which side of the basket for some animations. Pick and rolls work great and feel great. ESPN camera is glorious. Colors, crowd, sounds are all fantastic. I will be playing this a lot all season long, so I truly hope you can implement some of the improvements I suggested above in patches this year. For NBA Live 16 add floaters, editable playbooks, better paint D, less full court BS passes, fix tipoffs to pg, and NBA Live will be the best bball game ever!

# 80 fhs2 @ 11/18/14 03:32 PM
1- No need to edit rosters if it was updated daily with every detail like 2k. If it's not possible, so full edit players option needed.

2-bugs killing the experience. Dinasty needs to be better.

3- more signature, as much as possible. Player faces too. Rookies to generic.

4- gameplay needs attention, especially help d IMO.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.