Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NBA 2K15 patch #3 has been submitted to Microsoft and Sony and should be released within the next 10 to 14 days for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Patch notes will not be released until then, but @LD2K tweeted a few nuggets.

Quote:
Patch #3 for #NBA2K15 is very big. Addressing a ton: including 2K cam "frame rate" issue, showing score while waiting & timeout exploit.

As previously stated, the Patch #3 also brings new hairstyles to #NBA2K15 and adds a ton of gameplay tweaks including zig-zag+btb nerfs.

The gameplay team has been looking at all your feedback and patch #3 plays phenomenal. Lots of cheddar cutting too.

Patch #3 is also bringing some of the latest updates to face scanning.

He also notes frame rate issues at the Jordan Rec Center have been addressed, you will see improvements on defense, and for those of you with Online Leagues, all feedback is in the hands on the dev team. So it would appear as though this particular patch will not fix any issues in that mode.

UPDATE: (Response from LD2K) To sum it up, 6 pages worth of bullet point patch notes.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 macmizzle13 @ 12/03/14 03:02 AM
I just want to be able to save a season or roster offline without getting a file corrupted message.

# 162 Walt Frazier @ 12/03/14 05:06 AM
Great to know it is imminent...and six pages of notes sounds very comprehensive.

Haven't played for a few weeks...so I am really looking forward to the fixes.

# 163 bumpyface @ 12/03/14 05:15 AM
Address input lag or all is lost!

# 164 kamackeris76 @ 12/03/14 05:15 AM
This is gonna be the longest 10 to 14 days ever..... Why does it take so long to approve patches? So annoying!

# 165 The Lob Mob @ 12/03/14 06:00 AM
What about adjustable shot bases?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 166 schemin318 @ 12/03/14 06:29 AM
What happen to being able to check your online record and compair it to other online players and check ur standings? Didnt someone from the 2k dev team mention you will be able to when 2k was released?

# 167 shegotgame @ 12/03/14 06:39 AM
This is welcome news. I wasn't aware the game had been patched at all.

I hope they fixed the fouls--or lack thereof.

# 168 DBMcGee3 @ 12/03/14 08:57 AM
Am I the only one who feels that the fouls issue is exaggerated? I play 48 minute games, and usually both teams are shooting between 15-25 FTs a game. I realize that's slightly below NBA averages, but far from a game breaker to me, and you can always adjust the sliders if you want more called, right? If you add too many fouls, I'd think the shooting %s would skyrocket.

# 169 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 12/03/14 09:03 AM
Idk about the numbers but I see a lot of hard fouls not being called. Especially the one where you make the defender jumps and he hops all on your back . No call

# 170 ManiacMatt1782 @ 12/03/14 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
You must be playing Final Fantasy. PIP for me are spot on

The sixers actually won. Game is broken, completely unrealistic.

# 171 Erithtotl @ 12/03/14 10:22 AM
For me the #1 issue with the game is that your teammates in MyCareer are utter morons on anything above Pro and the other team is superpowered. They will always shoot over %50 and generate 3x the turnovers of your team. You shouldn't have to post a 30-15-15 game every time in order to have a chance of winning.

In a recent game I saw Anthony Davis catch Ty Lawson for a block on a fast break. Lawson had about 10 yards on him. I've seen Omar Asik go uncontested coast-to-coast.

If they just made your teammates slightly more capable I'd be thrilled.

# 172 jeebs9 @ 12/03/14 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
For me the #1 issue with the game is that your teammates in MyCareer are utter morons on anything above Pro and the other team is superpowered. They will always shoot over %50 and generate 3x the turnovers of your team. You shouldn't have to post a 30-15-15 game every time in order to have a chance of winning.

In a recent game I saw Anthony Davis catch Ty Lawson for a block on a fast break. Lawson had about 10 yards on him. I've seen Omar Asik go uncontested coast-to-coast.

If they just made your teammates slightly more capable I'd be thrilled.
I think it's the reason I can't get into My Player. I played My Player in twice. Once on PS2 when 2k tried it the first time. That sucked because if you stopped playing for even a day. Your players ratings would go down. After you worked him so hard to get him to a point. The second time was in 2k10. Was with the draft combine (before the game came out).

# 173 Da_Czar @ 12/03/14 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I think it's the reason I can't get into My Player. I played My Player in twice. Once on PS2 when 2k tried it the first time. That sucked because if you stopped playing for even a day. Your players ratings would go down. After you worked him so hard to get him to a point. The second time was in 2k10. Was with the draft combine (before the game came out).
Brother Jeebs good to see you round these parts fam. Hope all is well.

General comment on patch so as to stay on topic. No matter how good the patch is cheesers will find new ways to cheese if history has anything to say about it.

# 174 allBthere @ 12/03/14 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Brother Jeebs good to see you round these parts fam. Hope all is well.

General comment on patch so as to stay on topic. No matter how good the patch is cheesers will find new ways to cheese if history has anything to say about it.
All I want to do is be able to put-back dunk. As of right now, it is essentially impossible for a user to do it, I see the CPU do it, but after countless hours in MyCareer and many more in MYGM and so on I have never done it once even with guys like Shawn Kemp where I'm deliberately trying to do it all game.

I watch a lot of NBA games and it happens on a nightly basis. You don't even have to be a super star to do it, I've seen Tyler Hansborough have a couple of nice ones last year.

Part of it is getting suction-boxed out, but part of it is failing to initiate animations from a user as I've had clear lanes a handful of times and go into a strange rebounding animations - it just doesn't seem possible at this point which is a shame because for me it would be the most satisfying play.

for me personally:

1- putback 2-handed, hanging on the rim power slam!
2- massive rejection way into the seats or off the backboard volley-ball spike style
3 - alley opp with a rim hang
4- contact, posterizing dunk
5- crossover beating defender, help comes, behind the back or other no-look pass for the easy lay up!

The great thing is most of those are possible - except for the putback, and the block is really hit or miss since a lot of them lack 'umpf' while holding the right trigger., but once in a while they are there at least - in the past they weren't really in the game so i can't complain.

# 175 aholbert32 @ 12/03/14 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
Everyone in this thread is mentioning miniscule details that don't need to be patched. What we really need to focus on is GAMEPLAY tweaks. Here's a short list of offline things I've noticed on Superstar level (which is the level they said the gameplay was tuned for):

- more CPU 3's
- more free throws and foul calls all around
- less buzzer-beating shot clock launches
- the referee holding the ball for 20 seconds 5 times per game waiting on an inbound.
- players with high passing ratings throwing the ball into the fourth row on a 2 foot pass. Make the turnovers more realistic.
- the animation where a player is going for a dunk in a situation where he shouldn't be and literally launches the ball over the rim or off the backboard.
- over-powered offensive rebounding
You havent really read through this thread. The CPU 3s issue has been mentioned multiple times. Fouls were confirmed to be fixed by this patch weeks ago. The ref holding the ball is caused by the stat overlay bug and is confirmed to be fixed. Off rebounding is fixed by sliders. Thats 4 of your 7.

# 176 G0DZGiFT @ 12/03/14 02:00 PM
Definitely the issue where the defender falls over on defense when the ball handler runs into him lmao smh.

# 177 Weeaboo @ 12/03/14 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Off rebounding is fixed by sliders.
Unless this patch also added custom slider use to MyCareer, this isn't really a fix.

# 178 JCMorgan86 @ 12/03/14 02:01 PM
How about this, in the Park I want to see players penalized or injured for running around to get an open shot on the defender. Dang it, I love playing defense and as a point guard in Park mode I sometimes just pass, D and set screens. I value my grade more than points. So myplayers who run around with the ball should fall and skin their knees or twist their ankles causing a realistic reduction in their player rating. Serious Chester Cheezers should suffer more serious injuries that keep them out of the Park for up to weeks at a time.

# 179 JCMorgan86 @ 12/03/14 02:05 PM
Also, there needs to be some sort of limit to the amount of time players can just stand around when there are open courts in MyPark. Hot darnit, I am sick of being the first one to step on a bulb when 6 or more guys are standing, then like a bunch of zombies people sloooooowly slooowly start stepping on spots. If you arent playing, you shouldnt be standing around playing dress up. There is a Barbie or Bratz game for that. If you are guilty of this, slap yourself.

# 180 LD2k @ 12/03/14 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starks1903
i agree. early releases never go in but thats not the case when shot clock expires.
Does not exist.

#CheeseConspiracy #XFiles

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.