Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

If you've spent a significant amount of time playing this year's edition of Madden, then you have no doubt noticed that the CPU takes an inordinate amount of sacks in the game. Slider makers have spent all year trying to tame the problem and EA Sports released a tuner back in September to try and mitigate the issue. EA had good intentions with the tuner, but unfortunately it didn't do very much to resolve the issue.

Read More - Madden NFL 15: How to Minimize Sacks

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 troy184 @ 12/26/14 01:40 PM
It would be nice if they would give us another patch before the Super Bowl

# 2 clarkerots @ 12/26/14 04:07 PM
Its a shame that so much user work has to go into fixing a basic functionality of a game.

# 3 KingV2k3 @ 12/26/14 04:40 PM
Nice, comprehensive list...

I employ ALL of the above and interestingly it worked perfectly...

Well, until this latest patch that sent things somewhat into "reverse"...

Perhaps it will serve as a "primer" for the fine folks who can actually correct the issue within the engine...

# 4 rkocjay @ 12/26/14 04:51 PM
so all of this will last about 5 seasons? no thanks

# 5 jtott @ 12/26/14 06:11 PM
I can't seem to throw a screen pass... I get sacked , seems like the moment the ball is hiked . Is there a fix for this?

# 6 mjavon @ 12/26/14 06:35 PM
If you try to run a HB slip screen from under center... You're gonna have a bad time. Works from Shotgun though

# 7 Fist Of Kings @ 12/26/14 06:41 PM
That list is depressing, telling us not to use features in the game just to minimize a broken...flaw whatever you want to call it that ea itself says isn't even a problem, it's ridiculous. Editing traits has been mentioned a lot, but I see no point in doing that once you play cfm a few seasons and a bunch of new qbs come into the league that you can't edit.

A game where elite qbs like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are not aware of defenders, and then you factor in that they're all robo isn't a game that ea should release to the public. There are no slider or roster edits that can fix one of the many problems wrong with this game.

# 8 JoshC1977 @ 12/26/14 07:38 PM
Honestly....it's the right combination of sliders that makes a difference. It's all about getting a reasonable block set-up first (without too high of an offsides slider) and then all of the other sliders built to where you want them.

From there, you just have to find the right intentional grounding slider setting where there is a balance between getting rid of the ball and throwing downfield. Really, IG is the key. Too low, and the QBs play like idiots (running around or dumping the ball off). Too high and they don't get rid of the ball fast enough. The problem is that the IG setting is dependent on most of the other sliders and settings...tweak one of them and then you have to re-adjust it. It CAN be done; I've done it with my slider set and my highest sack game was with 4 (and usually I get 1 or 2 per game) and I use no "house rules".

# 9 ggsimmonds @ 12/26/14 07:40 PM
The sack issue is why I shelved Madden months ago.

There is no solution for it. All the things mentioned in the op has met mixed results or moved the problem to another area.

EA's refusal and/or inability to fix this via a patch left a very sour taste in my mouth. They gained favor with many of the things they did, but how they handled this probably cost them this customer.

# 10 batwood06 @ 12/26/14 08:22 PM
The cpu gets what the cpu wants. So as long as you're not getting an inordinate amount of sacks, just go with it.

I got Matthias kiwanuka into the pro bowl and I am not ashamed lol

# 11 Armor and Sword @ 12/26/14 08:30 PM
I learned to live with it when it rears it's ugly head. I love the game overall, and am playing the crap out of it. It is a flaw and a big one. But I expect it to be addressed for Madden 16.

In the meantime a few of the suggestions above are great.

1. Do not jump the snap is a huge one. Yes it is a feature. But it is really good for human vs human. When your playing the CPU....just use your moves sans the jump.

2. Coverage LB when he is supposed to rush the passer is another great suggestion.

# 12 ggsimmonds @ 12/26/14 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I learned to live with it when it rears it's ugly head. I love the game overall, and am playing the crap out of it. It is a flaw and a big one. But I expect it to be addressed for Madden 16.

In the meantime a few of the suggestions above are great.

1. Do not jump the snap is a huge one. Yes it is a feature. But it is really good for human vs human. When your playing the CPU....just use your moves sans the jump.

2. Coverage LB when he is supposed to rush the passer is another great suggestion.
I think how much the issue takes away from one's enjoyment is largely due to the team(s) they play with and the playstyle they use.

I use the Ravens. Having 3 guys consistently threaten the sack record kills it for me. If my team had a less talented front 7 or something I could possibly get past the sack issue.

# 13 JohnDoe8865 @ 12/27/14 01:21 AM
I agree, the issue sucks big time. I'm glad some of you guys are chiming in though, with other helpful suggestions and feedback. This is the best Madden we've gotten in many years, so we have to try to make the best of it, especially if we've already bought it. I choose to try to solve as many issues as a I can, and as I wrote, every suggestion won't work for everyone. I'm doing my best to enjoy the game that we have, and I can't say it enough, check out the Madden sliders forum.

I'm glad the piece is getting some attention and I hope I've helped someone, in some way, enjoy Madden 15 a little bit more.

# 14 Armor and Sword @ 12/27/14 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I think how much the issue takes away from one's enjoyment is largely due to the team(s) they play with and the playstyle they use.

I use the Ravens. Having 3 guys consistently threaten the sack record kills it for me. If my team had a less talented front 7 or something I could possibly get past the sack issue.
I play as the Fins......it really does get under my skin with Wake, Jordan and Starks atop the sacks leaders two straight years. But....I still choose to overlook it as the game is so much fun again. Sometimes I do SMH but it is what it is.

# 15 KingV2k3 @ 12/27/14 11:43 AM
Something that isn't on the list but possibly should be:

Pass Commit

I'm still not sure if it has an contributing effect, but by it's "definition"...it could...

I use it, and also run a blitz heavy Attacking 43 (without house rules) and have reasonable sack totals...but that was VERY time consuming to achieve this year...and recreate after the last patch...

Lastly:

It's important to take the sim engine's relatively low team sack totals into account...individual sack leaders are fairly well represented statistically, but the team sack totals are not...

# 16 Poke @ 12/27/14 10:20 PM
I was able to fix it with the sliders I use. I get realistic results. But it is unfortunate that I had to do what they should have done.

# 17 timhere1970 @ 12/28/14 12:23 PM
It would be nice to see this fixed. Too many in played games and hardly any in simmed games. Drives me nuts. I shouldn't lead the league in sacks with five.

# 18 Poke @ 12/29/14 07:22 PM
These are my stats through Week 13 and I DO jump the snap and try my best to get to the QB. With the right sliders and tweaks I was able to get realistic results.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.