Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

It seems like baseball, more than any other professional sport, only needs an offseason to have its world rattled. Moves like Jimmy Rollins to the Dodgers, Jon Lester to the Cubs, and the Atlanta Braves practically getting rid of their entire offense are things you would almost never see in another sport. Yet, in the MLB, it feels almost common. So for those of you who haven't stayed up with the most up-to-date roster transactions and acquisitions (or for those of you who just want a refresher), here is our official power ranking of all 30 Major League teams and how they should stack up in-game in preparation for MLB 15 The Show.

Read More - MLB 15 The Show: Pitchers and Catchers Report Edition

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 redsox4evur @ 02/20/15 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
no where in the original post did he/they state in "our" power rankings was this list based off teams that he/they want to use/play with in MLBTS15
Yea he didn't say anything in the OP but he did say it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
First, I'll reiterate that this isn't a traditional power ranking. This is teams that people are going to want to play with in The Show based off of numerous things (ie why I mentioned stadiums in the article). So when people laugh at the Cubs ranking, I'm not actually saying the Cubs are the second best team in baseball. That's absurd.

Second, I actually love the Brew-Crew moving forward. I love teams that rely on power for offense. I'm a big fan of Gomez and I think Segura bounces back this year. I also really like the Pirates. But neither team made a huge splash this offseason, and I think that makes them less inviting to play with in MLB: The Show.

# 62 HustlinOwl @ 02/20/15 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea he didn't say anything in the OP but he did say it here.
yea saw that, but OS does not read through threads lol see the OP and comment

# 63 BenGerman @ 02/20/15 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
yea saw that, but OS does not read through threads lol see the OP and comment
This is unfortunately true. I honestly didn't mean to confuse anyone, I just assumed that when I'm mentioning things like "fun to play with", "an exciting team", and "they've got a great stadium" that people would kind of understand where my rankings were coming from.

Obviously, that was not the case haha. I'll make sure to be more precise on the next list I do!

# 64 Knight165 @ 02/20/15 12:52 PM
Quote:
This is unfortunately true. I honestly didn't mean to confuse anyone, I just assumed that when I'm mentioning things like "fun to play with", "an exciting team", and "they've got a great stadium" that people would kind of understand where my rankings were coming from.

Obviously, that was not the case haha. I'll make sure to be more precise on the next list I do!
Ben....better that your article prompted much discussion than one that had just a few ho-hum replies!

M.K.
Knight165

# 65 N51_rob @ 02/20/15 01:20 PM
So disappointed with the Orioles front office this off-season. Their failure to address pitching and replace Markakis & Cruz is going to make this a long season.

# 66 BenGerman @ 02/20/15 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Ben....better that your article prompted much discussion than one that had just a few ho-hum replies!

M.K.
Knight165
This is also true! I love the discussion. Like I said earlier, it's nice to have something to hold me over until Spring Training/The Show comes out.

# 67 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/20/15 02:27 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
If these are ranked by "exciting factor" then fine, I get the Cubs being near the top, that makes sense. But that still doesn't explain how the White Sox and Padres are so low. They each had arguably the best offseasons this winter. If we are going "exciting factor" that people will want to have fun with, I'd rank the White Sox, Cubs, Padres, Dodgers, Marlins, Red Sox as the top 6 teams. They did the most exciting things this offseason, in my opinion.

And just by signing Yasmany Tomas, I'd move the Diamondbacks off of the #30 ranking. Tomas and Kang as the most exciting INT'L talent this year, IMO.

# 68 BenGerman @ 02/20/15 02:30 PM
That's a good point, Cool. And the more I look at the list, the more I think I should have flipped the Phillies with the 'Backs, who at least have Tomas and Goldy.

# 69 jcmreds @ 02/20/15 07:38 PM
"Billy Hamilton and Joey Votto are the extent of what's exciting about the Reds."

You ever head of Aroldis Chapman and Johny Cueto?

# 70 catswithbats @ 02/20/15 07:42 PM
The Tigers have one advantage the Phillies don't: their GM isn't RAJ.

# 71 ped3328 @ 02/20/15 07:44 PM
Quote:
That's a good point, Cool. And the more I look at the list, the more I think I should have flipped the Phillies with the 'Backs, who at least have Tomas and Goldy.

The OS forum at his best,meaning arguing... often for the sake or arguing. Wait till the game comes outon the 31st. The mob will invade this forum like mad wolves and start bitchingabout the game. PLAY BALL ! fficeffice" />>>

By the way, Ben, your listhas some merit. 'Cause it sure stirred the pot !>>

# 72 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/20/15 08:34 PM
Quote:
I think the Phillies, Braves, and Twins are by far the least exciting teams this upcoming seasons.

# 73 ajblithe20 @ 02/20/15 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
So disappointed with the Orioles front office this off-season. Their failure to address pitching and replace Markakis & Cruz is going to make this a long season.
Address pitching? One of the most solid rotations in baseball and one of the better bullpens. What do you want addressed? Want a $100 ace? It's a waste of money. De Aza, Lough, Snider, Pearce, and Young will fill in fine for Markakis. All Cruz did was hit bombs, so if the injured (and suspended) guys can get some bigger power numbers this year, his numbers are replaced as well.

I'm not saying they did everything perfect, but spending all their money on adding depth (decent, average players with some upside) instead of one or two older guys is fine by me.

The O's are going to be right in the playoff race in september, which sounds like a fun season to me.

# 74 ajblithe20 @ 02/21/15 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takemejoehome
the problem is nobody is respecting the Os. the last 3 years they have been really good, but everyone constantly calls it luck o flukey! that 2012 year with Jim Johnson getting all the 1-0 saves, last year they did it with power and the rotation playing above themselves.

I think their a solid team too and it's good that people keep doubting your team they use it for motivation
I know Buck and Jones were both smiling when most of the projections put them in last place again. They do love being the underdogs. They don't have any flashy pitching, but they're solid and play great defense

# 75 mlblover15 @ 02/22/15 10:37 PM
for those of us that are carrying our franchises over from 14 to 15 how if in any way will this affect us... ?

# 76 redsox4evur @ 02/23/15 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
for those of us that are carrying our franchises over from 14 to 15 how if in any way will this affect us... ?
It wouldn't (confused) this is just what the author thinks are the funnest teams to use this year.

# 77 mrdannymartinez @ 02/23/15 11:46 AM
Miami being that low is a bit of a joke. Where are the holes in that lineup? When Jose Fernandez gets back, that rotation can compete with anyone. And how is the reason for the low ranking that "they do they not have depth?" Bullpen is solid, rotation is again, solid and the lineup is extremely balanced with ridiculous speed, ridiculous power and youth. Just don't see them being that low. And yes, in agreement with everyone else, the Cubs at 2 is the funniest thing I've read all offseason.

# 78 mrdannymartinez @ 02/23/15 12:15 PM
Just read your "non-traditional rankings" comment and now it makes sense. I agree completely now and commend you on a good list. I personally think Miami is still going to be a bit more fun to play with than the credit given but I can see them sitting at the current spot. Either way, good read.

# 79 brewersfan84 @ 02/24/15 08:24 AM
Is the rankings list from the actual video game, or where did they come up with this?

# 80 nemesis04 @ 02/24/15 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewersfan84
Is the rankings list from the actual video game, or where did they come up with this?
It is from the writers point of view not from the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.