Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Tonight at 8 p.m. ET, 5 p.m. PT -- the folks at Sony San Diego will be hosting a live stream talking with the MLB 15 The Show character artists team as well as showing off a full game of The Show. You can watch the stream on Twitch or by unveiling the player below.

UPDATE: Archives are available for those that missed it, links and embeds below.

- Part 1

- Part 2

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 HustlinOwl @ 03/03/15 10:41 AM
wouldve been nice to see them challenge the play in the top of the 3rd inning with play at 3B on the ball in the dirt.

http://youtu.be/my-TLGloOrQ?t=2m47s

# 62 CubFan23 @ 03/03/15 10:45 AM
is the next stream tonight? I thought it was Thursday? I didn't watch this one yet

# 63 thaSLAB @ 03/03/15 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
is the next stream tonight? I thought it was Thursday? I didn't watch this one yet
Yes, tonight (more gameplay). And Thursday (stadiums).

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

# 64 Flaxseed Oil @ 03/03/15 10:46 AM
Would love to know if you can turn off HR Celebration Cam this year.

# 65 Dolenz @ 03/03/15 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Yes, tonight (more gameplay). And Thursday (stadiums).

And possibly tomorrow. For those who missed it Ramone mentioned that they would try to have gameplay streams the next two nights before having the normal Thursday Stream (this one focusing on Stadiums).

# 66 HustlinOwl @ 03/03/15 10:52 AM
some true presentation gameplay would be nice and not having to see button mashing through every cutscene lmao

# 67 bronxbombers21325 @ 03/03/15 10:58 AM
Is there only going to be 2 Spring Training Stadiums? Not that it makes a whole lot of difference because minor league stadiums can be used. But I was just curious.

# 68 bronxbombers21325 @ 03/03/15 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
Man, I can't remember this game, or any other game for that matter that has pushed out this much info that far out from release date. These guys are simply incredible.

Great stuff, SCEA!
It's extra incredible that they take the time to do these streams given the fact that they are working 70-80 hours a week right now. Ramone is even on these forums posting on weekends.

# 69 thaSLAB @ 03/03/15 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
some true presentation gameplay would be nice and not having to see button mashing through every cutscene lmao
LOL, most of that has been Ramone mashing through, out of frustration.

# 70 T_O_p12 @ 03/03/15 11:15 AM
I’m pumped for all these streams! Makes me want the game now but also helps pass the time before release. Definitely better than how most games are released where we have to find out everything once we get our hands on the game. I will finally get to tune in live tonight and possibly tomorrow.

# 71 Turbojugend @ 03/03/15 11:16 AM
Yeah, I really appreciate SDS taking the time out of their schedule to demo the game. I was already sold but this is icing on the cake.

# 72 SoxFan01605 @ 03/03/15 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
This game looks gorgeous!

Yes it does...even without your doctored sky.

(though, like you, I'd like to see those deep blues fading to black better represented in the game as well)

# 73 ThisIsBirdland13 @ 03/03/15 11:18 AM
You wouldn't see other developers putting out this much information and gameplay before their game is released. Show's how much confidence they have in their product, and a beautiful polished product at that. You guys are hands down my favorite developers. Love what I am seeing with this game. You guys have done a fantastic job. Thanks Sony San Diego!

# 74 nydteaton @ 03/03/15 11:26 AM
Since this was the stream that dealt with art and player models/characteristics I was wondering if Ramone or SLAB, or anyone else who has been present at the fans presentations pre release, could answer my question?

Has it ever been mentioned or considered to get to a point where players can have hair and/or facial hair that changes throughout a franchise. Think Ben Wallace in the early 2000's NBA 2K series, his hair would randomly change from cornrows to afro and vice versa.

It would be kinda like dynamic weather but with hair. For example there are certain players who will begin to grow out their stubble or a full beard come playoff time or players who have long hair but may cut it short only to grow it out again.

Now obviously this is not a priority seeing as how it would only truly be visible to players who play deep into a franchise. I'm sure I'm not the first to have this idea but I've always wished that one day developers could get to a point where this level of realism is possible and maybe even possible to see players age or hair start to grey or thin out for a play who plays 10 or 15+ seasons (this is a wish for all sports games but would be most visible in NBA or MLB less in NHL and NFL games due to the equipment worn over the head).

What do you guys think? Any chance outside of a pipe dream?

# 75 tabarnes19_SDS @ 03/03/15 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nydteaton
Since this was the stream that dealt with art and player models/characteristics I was wondering if Ramone or SLAB, or anyone else who has been present at the fans presentations pre release, could answer my question?

Has it ever been mentioned or considered to get to a point where players can have hair and/or facial hair that changes throughout a franchise. Think Ben Wallace in the early 2000's NBA 2K series, his hair would randomly change from cornrows to afro and vice versa.

It would be kinda like dynamic weather but with hair. For example there are certain players who will begin to grow out their stubble or a full beard come playoff time or players who have long hair but may cut it short only to grow it out again.

Now obviously this is not a priority seeing as how it would only truly be visible to players who play deep into a franchise. I'm sure I'm not the first to have this idea but I've always wished that one day developers could get to a point where this level of realism is possible and maybe even possible to see players age or hair start to grey or thin out for a play who plays 10 or 15+ seasons (this is a wish for all sports games but would be most visible in NBA or MLB less in NHL and NFL games due to the equipment worn over the head).

What do you guys think? Any chance outside of a pipe dream?

I am not speaking for anyone but my own thoughts....

I would like to see this as well...BUT

1. I know facial hair and such is hand drawn so technology would have to improve.

2. I don't know if SCEA can legally change a players likeness in a game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 76 HustlinOwl @ 03/03/15 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
LOL, most of that has been Ramone mashing through, out of frustration.

yea I know, lol just joking around

# 77 nydteaton @ 03/03/15 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I am not speaking for anyone but my own thoughts....

I would like to see this as well...BUT

1. I know facial hair and such is hand drawn so technology would have to improve.

2. I don't know if SCEA can legally change a players likeness in a game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree with both of your points, I guess it would have to be a guy could have a clean shaven face or full beard (wouldn't be a the most realistic but would still be semi immersive).

And your second point I imagine is 100% true

# 78 bronxbombers21325 @ 03/03/15 12:07 PM
I'm loving this new uniform logic. There won't be a need for the uniform tables this year because it should be accurate in the game.

# 79 tnixen @ 03/03/15 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Maybe the reason they skip though the presentation is because there really is not anything new to show off to you guys. Not being funny but Just play MLB 14,13 12,11 The Show and so on and you pretty much have seen what MLB 15 The Show presentation has in store for you.

# 80 ajblithe20 @ 03/03/15 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Maybe the reason they skip though the presentation is because there really is not anything new to show off to you guys. Not being funny but Just play MLB 14,13 12,11 The Show and so on and you pretty much have seen what MLB 15 The Show presentation has in store for you.
The only one who's been skipping through cutscenes is Ramone because he's a "button-masher." I'm the same way, once you get into a habit of it, it's hard to stop. They've shown other gameplay without skipping though, and there's definitely some new presentations. It doesn't look like a huge overhaul though like so many people here want

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.