Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Confused as to how to use your created player in Diamond Dynasty? Wondering which cards to feed your created player and which to keep? Wondering which position you should shoot to play him at?

Here's the guide to answer all of those questions.

Read More - MLB 15 The Show: How to Use Your Created Player in Diamond Dynasty

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 kackle85 @ 04/27/15 01:36 PM
I put my guy at starting pitcher. After each game i would use my stubs to purchase multiple pitchers in the 50 stub range and feed my player. At this point he is a 99 rated pitcher and is a n above average hitter as well because i fed him all my junk batters as well. He absolutely shuts the other team down and is a plus hitter in the 9 spot as well. Any game that he starts has been a gauranteed win for me so far.

# 2 StillFunkyB @ 04/27/15 02:38 PM
I tried using my DD player as the long reliever, however every time I try to use him out of that role he comes in tired.

# 3 Armor and Sword @ 04/27/15 03:03 PM
I currently have my son as my #1 starter. He is killing it. It sucks though when I go games without being able to use him.

I am considering that Long Relief idea. That may be a smart way to use him. Also as a catcher for sure.

I will mix it up. So much fun to mix and match different lineups on this mode.

# 4 johnlnames @ 04/27/15 05:42 PM
So, if you warm him up in the 1st inning he'll have full stamina when you bring him in by the 2nd? I tried using him later in games as a reliever VS users and the CPU, but he always came in the game fatigued.

# 5 BCScreamingEagles @ 04/27/15 08:21 PM
When he comes into the game, how fatigued is he?

# 6 StillFunkyB @ 04/27/15 08:31 PM
He's already tired. You face one batter and he is out of energy.

# 7 BCScreamingEagles @ 04/27/15 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillFunkyB
He's already tired. You face one batter and he is out of energy.
Completely out of energy with no green bar?

If so then that seems to completely defeat the point as using him as a relief pitcher

# 8 meatgoggles @ 04/28/15 10:34 AM
I completely agree about how valuable making your created a catcher really is, especially in regards to throwing out base runners.

However, I slightly disagree about the complete lack of long relievers in diamond dynasty. I have been using Tanner Roark as my long relief guy, and so far it was worked out pretty well. I believe he has 80 stamina and solid ratings in the mid to high 60's across the board. He has really bailed me out on occasions where my starting pitcher gets roughed up within the first two to three innings of the game and completely loses his confidence. Roark is far from an elite player but he is more than capable of throwing 5-6 quality innings. Also, the cost associated with him is relativity low, I think I was able to buy him for under 300 stubs IIRC.

# 9 johnlnames @ 04/28/15 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
Not sure why anyone would be surprised about using your guy as a reliever would make him tired after one inning. It's just spamming if u could use him all the time
It's only a surprise, because of the way the devs described how you can use your DD player before the game was released. They said you can start him at 2nd base and then bring him in to close the game. But that doesn't work. It wouldn't be spamming if they made it to where you're only good for a few innings like a normal reliever.

# 10 baseballsim @ 04/28/15 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlnames
It's only a surprise, because of the way the devs described how you can use your DD player before the game was released. They said you can start him at 2nd base and then bring him in to close the game. But that doesn't work. It wouldn't be spamming if they made it to where you're only good for a few innings like a normal reliever.
You are right what they said in the stream but they probably had to tweak the rules after the fact to help prevent folks from taking advantage of this created player.

If they took away this energy cap all teams could essentially bring the created guy into a game after the first batter in the first inning and he would stay in the game because his hitting would also be overpowering.

# 11 SDwinder @ 04/28/15 11:20 PM
Jesse Chavez is a solid long reliever.

# 12 jmaj315 @ 04/29/15 06:23 PM
My created guy is only like 84 but I'm using mainly my collection players to feed him. Penny pinching my stubs to finish the Tigers collection >.<

# 13 Madden's Jowels @ 04/29/15 06:35 PM
I feed him every single common and bronze card pretty much. He's a 99 at every position.

I've used him at shortstop a lot, I've also used him as a starting pitcher. I'd put my pitcher 3rd in the batting order and then if my guy was randomly selected to start, great, if not, I'd pinch hit him for whoever the pitcher was in the first inning. I only play against the CPU so I don't really feel like it's cheesing or whatever. I wanna play with the guy that I invested like 1,000 cards into feeding, not hope to get lucky and pitch with him once every 20 games.

# 14 baseballsim @ 04/29/15 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
I feed him every single common and bronze card pretty much. He's a 99 at every position.

I've used him at shortstop a lot, I've also used him as a starting pitcher. I'd put my pitcher 3rd in the batting order and then if my guy was randomly selected to start, great, if not, I'd pinch hit him for whoever the pitcher was in the first inning. I only play against the CPU so I don't really feel like it's cheesing or whatever. I wanna play with the guy that I invested like 1,000 cards into feeding, not hope to get lucky and pitch with him once every 20 games.
In online head to head only RP can pinch hit. SP cannot pinch hit. This is fair for all when playing online head to head.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.