Home
The Golf Club News Post

The much anticipated Spring update for The Golf Club has arrived and it weighs in at 2 GB.

The Spring update includes many fixes and additions. Also the highly anticipated Seasons Mode, as well as the new Tropical Theme will be part of a premium DLC package which has yet to find its way live, but we'll update when it does. Both of those items are premium features which will cost you $10 to unlock.

UPDATE: The DLC is coming June 11th for PlayStation 4.

In addition to both of those features, there are several other big additions:
  • Cart Paths added
  • Out of Bounds now in the game
  • Drop Balls
  • Unplayable Lies
  • Weather Effects via course creator
  • Ability to view other users profiles
  • Better Camera controls on Mouse and Keyboard in course creator
  • Added a drive difficulty setting based off of drive loft
  • Loads more commentary – we want to keep it varied
    • Season Mode
    • Tours and Tournaments
    • More Variety

Bug Fixes
  • Crash on tour search screen
  • Balls getting stuck in objects like bridges, balcony’s, dumpsters
  • Overlapping text on Theme Select
  • Improved end of tour flow
  • X button favoring a un favoring courses
  • Flickering on settings screen fixed
  • Numerous Tour Creation Bugs
  • Ball appearing x50 bigger at the end of a round
  • Bad lie cheat fixed
  • Users Average Rounds and Average Ratings for current competitions not updating
  • Numerous flow fixes
  • Loads more

Be sure to download the update and let us know what you think! We'll have full impressions later this week!

Game: The Golf ClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
The Golf Club Videos
Member Comments
# 21 OnlookerDelay @ 06/05/15 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineseaplane
Is there ever going to be a re-think of the short game?

The "lob" in TGC is the biggest cheat ever in a golf game. That should should NEVER be anywhere close to as easy as TGC makes it.
Agreed! All I can say is it's under consideration.... wish we had something stronger than that.

Quote:
Also, the pop-up grid needs to go. At the very least there needs to be a cap on how much lofting/de-lofting you can even do to each club.
Agree here also. I want to be required to hit a pitch shot based on feel. The pitch shot is just twitchy right now with the way its swing sensitivity is set. The only thing you can do is give in and loft it. They got the sensitivity about right on explosion shots from greenside bunkers in this game, why not pitch shots!?

# 22 brandon27 @ 06/05/15 10:35 PM
OK, I'm confused here. Just fired up TGC to check out the seasons mode. I know it updated earlier today because I saw it downloading an update this morning. However, I click on Seasons from the main menu, and it says "Upgrade required: This content requires the collectors edition upgrade"

After I hit accept, it just goes to the Xbox Store, saying We did not find anything.

I thought this was coming automatically with the update, is it a paid extra? I havent been paying too much attention obviously. Now that I think of it, I do remember reading somewhere on here that it was an extra 5 or 10 bucks right? So, that must be the piece of content everyone on XB1 is still awaiting? Or am I completely missing something here.

# 23 jb12780 @ 06/05/15 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
OK, I'm confused here. Just fired up TGC to check out the seasons mode. I know it updated earlier today because I saw it downloading an update this morning. However, I click on Seasons from the main menu, and it says "Upgrade required: This content requires the collectors edition upgrade"

After I hit accept, it just goes to the Xbox Store, saying We did not find anything.

I thought this was coming automatically with the update, is it a paid extra? I havent been paying too much attention obviously. Now that I think of it, I do remember reading somewhere on here that it was an extra 5 or 10 bucks right? So, that must be the piece of content everyone on XB1 is still awaiting? Or am I completely missing something here.
Yes the DLC is 10 bucks.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

# 24 jb12780 @ 06/08/15 02:19 PM
Xbox Users...

# 25 DivotMaker @ 06/08/15 04:35 PM
So are PS4 users.....

# 26 jb12780 @ 06/08/15 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
So are PS4 users.....
I thought PS4 users had it?

Edit: Whoops, I can't read today.

# 27 Ruffy @ 06/08/15 07:34 PM
June 11th can't come soon enough!!

# 28 mmartin68 @ 06/11/15 02:57 PM
Any update of the time for the 11th update?

# 29 DivotMaker @ 06/11/15 03:04 PM
Delayed again until the 17th according to the HBS forum. Words escape me here....

# 30 jbd345 @ 06/11/15 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Delayed again until the 17th according to the HBS forum. Words escape me here....
Wow, this is ridiculous

# 31 DivotMaker @ 06/11/15 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by detfan
They don't escape me. EA will have theirs out next month. I'll be waiting on that. I'm sure career mode will be included with that release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It will....

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-pga-tour.html

# 32 jbd345 @ 06/11/15 06:57 PM
So I'm confused as to why xbone got it today, and ps4 doesn't. Weren't we told that Sony was actually ahead of ms as far as getting it certified?? This whole ting has been a joke. Both parties are at fault here.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.