Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

MLB 15 The Show patch 1.04 arrived early this morning, weighing in at 799 MB. SCEA has just released the details.

Offline specific changes:
  • When using the Player Lock feature in Exhibition, Season, or Franchise modes, the user was unable to perform a dive or jump animation when inputting the command. This has been fixed for all modes.
Online specific changes:
  • During an online game, when a ball is hit directly at and fielded by the 1st baseman, tapping the circle button triggers the fielder to “take it himself” to 1st base. This was resulting in the offensive user not seeing the fielder run to the base and tagging it. He would only see the fielder standing in place (where he fielded the ball) but the out would be recorded when the play timed out. This has been fixed on this version of the patch.
  • During an online game, in a very rare and timing specific situation, the game would post the wrong win/loss result if the very last out was recorded on a force out play at the same time a runner was crossing home plate (that would have tied the game). The most common occurrence of this involved the bases being loaded, and the last out being recorded at 1st base, just as the tying run would cross the plate. This has been fixed, and games will post correctly when ending on this type of play.
  • During an online game, a hang/standoff could occur if the batter called for a timeout at the exact time that the pitching user was giving the input to select a pitch type. This situation was rare, due to the timing, but encountered frequently enough to warrant code reconstruction to resolve this. This has been resolved on this version of the patch.
  • Within an Online Challenge of the Week game session, users were able to bat from an outfield/pitcher view perspective. This was giving users an advantage, as they could see where the catcher was setting up (giving away the pitch location). Users are no longer able to bat with an outfield/pitcher view perspective in Challenge of the Week mode.
  • Following an extended period of offline gameplay (resulting in the accumulation of XP and stubs), users were encountering an issue where their universal profile was syncing to a system level user, instead of a PSN user. Their amount of XP and stubs were not syncing as expected during the log-in process. This has been fixed.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Bacong @ 06/12/15 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fours
Essentially you're saying I shouldn't be frustrated because you haven't experienced the bugs I listed(yet). I understand why you posted, and I'm happy to hear you're enjoying it. You should be paying attention to the bugs reported by long sim franchise guys, some of the issues are already starting and will effect year 2, such as the velocity bug, scouting leading to more overage draft players, inflated amateur draft potentials, etc.. You'll have to deal with it all sooner or later.

I play 2 franchises each year, one where I never sim and try to play all 162+ games, and one where I rebuild a team long term and sim until all real players have retired, then play games with "my" players.

The no-sim franchise has been more fun, no doubt.

Almost every issue I listed should have been recognized and fixed after a single long sim test. It's not unreasonable to ask that some of them be addressed with a patch.

It seems like anything with a hint of negativity gets dismissed as some kind of disparaging ungratefulness. The entire point of a franchise mode is to play into the future, not just provide a single season experience. Right now it doesn't do what it's intended to do. The list is intelligent, helpful feedback, for free.

It's not like I'm complaining about Jayson Werth's arms not being hairy enough..
There's no need to be touchy. I definitely didn't say you shouldn't complain about bugs. Just saying that it is possible to enjoy the game, still.

# 42 NightRaven3 @ 06/12/15 11:19 PM
Man, at least fix the Wrigley Field foul ball glitch. Seriously....one fix lol come on now

# 43 bcruise @ 06/12/15 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRaven3
Man, at least fix the Wrigley Field foul ball glitch. Seriously....one fix lol come on now
Ramone responded with why this is unpatchable earlier in the thread.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

# 44 SmashMan @ 06/12/15 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLKID
All these complaints how about a poll for if it's disc or digital download?
It's the same game, buddy.

# 45 NightRaven3 @ 06/12/15 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Ramone responded with why this is unpatchable earlier in the thread.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Ya man, I was trying to delete it after I read Ramon explain why it cant be done. Sorry bro

# 46 Fours @ 06/12/15 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacong
There's no need to be touchy. I definitely didn't say you shouldn't complain about bugs. Just saying that it is possible to enjoy the game, still.
I didn't want it to come across as touchy.. It wasn't personal at all, I'd just like to see guys stop diminishing legit complaints. Anyone still posting on this board has played tons of games and is still playing, so we should assume we all enjoy the game.

Posting your experience stands alone, like bcruise said, maybe you just shouldn't have quoted my post, it makes it argumentative.

I'm chalking it all up to being hopeful that this patch was going to make a deep franchise possible without hours of editing.

# 47 RangersCruz @ 06/12/15 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fours
I didn't want it to come across as touchy.. It wasn't personal at all, I'd just like to see guys stop diminishing legit complaints. Anyone still posting on this board has played tons of games and is still playing, so we should assume we all enjoy the game.

Posting your experience stands alone, like bcruise said, maybe you just shouldn't have quoted my post, it makes it argumentative.

I'm chalking it all up to being hopeful that this patch was going to make a deep franchise possible without hours of editing.

I came on OS more then i play this yrs game to be honest

# 48 duc748s @ 06/13/15 01:43 AM
Is anyone else having an issue of not being able to throw warm-up pitches as Visiting team? (RttS)

# 49 badmrfrosty7 @ 06/13/15 11:30 AM
I wonder how big the patch would really have to be for some of those fixes. I mean a Final Fantasy demo just got a nearly 4gb patch a week ago. 2 different companies I guess...

# 50 dblanco12 @ 06/13/15 11:40 AM
I guess the fact that my catcher just lets a fastball in the strike zone by him isn't an issue huh? the fact that my gold glove first baseman olay's every groundball hit to him isn't an issue? the fact that michael wacha's realse point is broken isn't a big deal either I guess. the fact that the strike zone itself is broken. I guess these aren't issues worth patching because god forbid we get a complete fu**ing game from any company now a days.

# 51 2ndBase @ 06/13/15 12:20 PM
Glad the Player Lock dive issue was fixed.

# 52 countryboy @ 06/13/15 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanco12
I guess the fact that my catcher just lets a fastball in the strike zone by him isn't an issue huh? the fact that my gold glove first baseman olay's every groundball hit to him isn't an issue? the fact that michael wacha's realse point is broken isn't a big deal either I guess. the fact that the strike zone itself is broken. I guess these aren't issues worth patching because god forbid we get a complete fu**ing game from any company now a days.
I wasn't initially going to respond due to the tone of this post, but maybe I can shed some light that will ease some of your frustration and allow you to better understand things.

First and foremost, no one said these aren't issues. No one said they aren't worth patching. Just because things aren't patched, doesn't mean that the developer doesn't care enough to patch them, it means that there is a reason why they can't patch it.

A few things:

1) In order to be able to patch something, they must be able to recreate it. If they can't recreate the issue, then they cannot patch it.

2) Even if they can recreate the issue, it still doesn't guarantee that they can patch due to a couple of reasons:

a) Fixing this issue or attempting to fix this issue runs a high risk of breaking something else in the game

b) Fixing this issue takes too much time

Trust me when I say this, the developers would love for the game to be flawless, they really would. I would think they would rather be focusing on next years game, or taking a break before building next year's game, instead of trying to resolve bugs/issues. But the nature of the beast is that there will never be a perfect/flawless/bug less/issue less video game. It won't happen. There will always be something, and more than likely a few things that don't work properly that will have to either be fixed via a patch, or when coding next year's game.

I hope this helps you in some way.

# 53 dblanco12 @ 06/13/15 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I wasn't initially going to respond due to the tone of this post, but maybe I can shed some light that will ease some of your frustration and allow you to better understand things.

First and foremost, no one said these aren't issues. No one said they aren't worth patching. Just because things aren't patched, doesn't mean that the developer doesn't care enough to patch them, it means that there is a reason why they can't patch it.

A few things:

1) In order to be able to patch something, they must be able to recreate it. If they can't recreate the issue, then they cannot patch it.

2) Even if they can recreate the issue, it still doesn't guarantee that they can patch due to a couple of reasons:

a) Fixing this issue or attempting to fix this issue runs a high risk of breaking something else in the game

b) Fixing this issue takes too much time

Trust me when I say this, the developers would love for the game to be flawless, they really would. I would think they would rather be focusing on next years game, or taking a break before building next year's game, instead of trying to resolve bugs/issues. But the nature of the beast is that there will never be a perfect/flawless/bug less/issue less video game. It won't happen. There will always be something, and more than likely a few things that don't work properly that will have to either be fixed via a patch, or when coding next year's game.

I hope this helps you in some way.

thank you it does. but those issues aren't just out of nowhere. some of these issues have been around for years so I have a hard time understanding why it can't be fixed.

# 54 bkrich83 @ 06/13/15 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanco12
Not helpful.

# 55 Mo @ 06/13/15 05:31 PM
Sigh, was really hoping this would get fixed. This kinda is a game killer.(Runners auto sliding into 3rd base)

# 56 Mo @ 06/13/15 05:39 PM
The only thing Im hitting is the x button so the runner goes home

# 57 countryboy @ 06/13/15 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
The only thing Im hitting is the x button so the runner goes home
Someone in a different thread mentioned this, I'm not sure if it works, but try hitting L1 after the ball is hit to see if that doesn't help out.

I don't know if it will. I don't recall ever seeing it happen, but it absolutely could have and I not notice.

# 58 countryboy @ 06/13/15 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmrfrosty7
I wonder how big the patch would really have to be for some of those fixes. I mean a Final Fantasy demo just got a nearly 4gb patch a week ago. 2 different companies I guess...
Two things:

1) We are talking two separate games, not just companies. What I mean by this is that Final Fantasy team doesn't have to worry about meeting a deadline in the next 10 months to release the next installment of the game. SCEA does.

2) And given that SCEA has 10 months or so to focus on the next release of the game, at some point they have to make the difficult decision of what can be patched in an appropriate enough time frame that we still have adequate time to work on next year's game. Basically it's do we fix and patch in this year's title or fix for next year's game.

# 59 bkrich83 @ 06/13/15 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
I've never seen that. Are you sure you arent hitting the right stick?
I've also yet to ever see that.

# 60 badmrfrosty7 @ 06/13/15 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Two things:

1) We are talking two separate games, not just companies. What I mean by this is that Final Fantasy team doesn't have to worry about meeting a deadline in the next 10 months to release the next installment of the game. SCEA does.

2) And given that SCEA has 10 months or so to focus on the next release of the game, at some point they have to make the difficult decision of what can be patched in an appropriate enough time frame that we still have adequate time to work on next year's game. Basically it's do we fix and patch in this year's title or fix for next year's game.
From Russell's comment, it sounds as though the fix was made, just that the file was considered to be too big to be patched-in to this year's edition (not a software developer so I'm sure it's more specific than that.). But not that they are too focused on MLB 16 to make it work. Which is why I was wondering just how big a patch would be required to do such a thing. Only bringing up Final Fantasy because a 3.5-4gb patch wasn't too big to be implemented for a demo, so just how huge would this patch end up being if they did do it?

Maybe they should give Pied Piper a call to help with compression ;-)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.