Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

We're wrapping up another week in the Diamond Dynasty universe, and the only card pack released over the weekend was the Draft Sleepers pack, which made some Silver and Bronze players very affordable. With that being said, it's time to look ahead once again and try to predict who might be getting a ratings boost Monday morning.

I'll be breaking the predictions into tiers based on my own confidence level.
Ratings Boost Probability: High

-Josh Donaldson - Donaldson has amazing numbers no matter how you break them down. This month he's got nine home runs to go along with stellar numbers in just about every other category.

-Sonny Gray - The next three are a trio of awesome young starters. (I included all of them in my predictions article last week as well.) Gray has put up his standard dominant numbers this month and more than ever feels ripe for a ratings boost.

-Gerrit Cole - Cole has five wins in the last 30 days. Even if I discount his 10th win on Saturday, he's still had an impressive month and is an early contender for the NL Cy Young award.

-Chris Archer - In the past month, Archer has four wins, 55 strikeouts in 41 innings pitched, and a WHIP under one. Decent.

-Mark Melancon - Melancon has not allowed an earned run in a month, and he's 12 for 12 in save opportunities during that time.

-Carlos Martinez - Martinez is another player I thought could have gotten a boost last week. Nothing has made me believe otherwise this week.

-Joe Panik - Panik is hitting .350 the last month, and he's just become a very dangerous middle infielder.

-Cameron Maybin - Maybin has always been a player I want to see succeed so it's great he's putting together a solid season now with Atlanta. In the past month, he's got eight stolen bases, he's hitting .365, and now his average is up over .300 on the season.

Read More - Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (6/14/15)

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Reaper3201430 @ 06/14/15 12:24 PM
I very much enjoy these posts, and read them completely. Thanks for doing them!

I'm thinking of picking up a few Donaldsons, Coles, and Grays in hopes for that boost.

# 2 KingOSwing815 @ 06/14/15 03:21 PM
I'm really thinking that Adam Jones and Todd Frazier may see a boost... After a torrid start jones had cooled down a bit but is back to killing it... And Frazier has been playing at a diamond level over the past month dudes a straight stud and has the stats to back it... Also I could see Joey Butler getting a small boost dudes to good to be rated as low as he is

# 3 johnlnames @ 06/14/15 03:46 PM
Pujols looks healthy and has his bat speed back, he should be gaurenteed for a boost. I dont think it will be long until Donaldson moves up to diamond. He's been proving he's one of the elite players in baseball.

# 4 BentleyA @ 06/14/15 05:52 PM
I am a little hesitant to contribute to this thread since the last time I did that and tried to talk up a guy, it was Zack Cozart and literally the next day is when he tore his knee

First guy I will mention is Logan Morrison. He is batting .326 in June, with a .372 wOBA, and 145 wRC+. He also went on a 16 game hitting streak batting from multiple spots in the order (that ended on thursday) and then started another hitting streak plus having two homers on saturday.
Most importantly though are his splits this year. Against righties he has a .359 wOBA and a 136 wRC+. This should certainly warrant much higher than 57 contact and 70 power against righties. His OPS is .835 against righties with an OBP of .354 (k% is way down this year for him). He has also been in the top 30 all year in average exit velocity off of the bat (currently 92.15mph), which is a strong indicator of upcoming uptick in slugging numbers. This should all warrant a higher rating then 70 for power against righties and 57 contact. Yes, he only has 8 HRs this year (all off righties), but all numbers are indicating to an upcoming increase in power (I also posted this about a week ago at the beginning of his hit streak and before he started hitting more homers).

Anyway, a second guy that clearly warrants a ratings increase is Ivan De Jesus Jr. He is rated only a 59 overall (probably because he was a prospect and only had 35 MLB PAs coming into this year and just got called up within the past week or so). I guess I could see them leaving him alone for a week, but all he has done since being called up for the Reds (oh he's a 2B btw) is .318 OBP, .667 Slugging, .418 wOBA!, 165 wRC+, 2 HR, 2 2B, 6 RBI, 22 PA. Yes, extremely small sample size, so maybe don't touch him too much but he's a guy to look out for. These numbers are not huge surprises since his last three years in AAA he has had OBP of .380, .358, .378, with a high number of doubles (the home run power is a little bit of a surprise, but GAB will help that).

Those are the two I have for now. Not big name guys and nothing dramatic but think that they both deserve some upticks.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.