Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

EA Sports has released another NBA Live 16 screenshot. This one features Nerlens Noel in the new Philadelphia 76ers uniform.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 iLLWiLL @ 08/01/15 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
I know what you mean. I think it's due to the player movement. Also, weird bending at the joints, like elbows and knees. Other than NHL, "something not looking right" is in every EA sports game for me

lol. I've gotten into this discussion before, with folks not liking that I brought it up in other games. What you guys are saying (about "something not looking right") isn't unique to Live -- it can be said about EVERY sports game out here. We nitpick and pick apart Live when other games are even farther from perfection.

# 22 The 24th Letter @ 08/01/15 02:53 PM
It's OK not to like the screenshot.

Not liking the screenshot or Lives art direction doesn't mean every other game is perfect.....goodness, lol

# 23 juicey79 @ 08/01/15 03:03 PM
Looks good overall but he also looks like he put on about. 20 lbs of lean body mass...nerlens is very thin

# 24 youvalss @ 08/01/15 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
Good job EA, JUST MATCH GAMEPLAY WITH LOOKS. AND THAT'S IT.
Piece of cake...that's the easy part...

The screenshot looks good, though like others have said he looks old. But graphics are really nice to look at, at least up-close.

# 25 MUTWOKAL @ 08/01/15 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
lol. I've gotten into this discussion before, with folks not liking that I brought it up in other games. What you guys are saying (about "something not looking right") isn't unique to Live -- it can be said about EVERY sports game out here. We nitpick and pick apart Live when other games are even farther from perfection.

I would have to disagree, for the most part I would say things "not looking right" is very unique to live as the competition has pretty much perfected everything other than a few faces which I'm sure will be fixed this year. Live is only nit picked because of the the wired animations and how the players in game move. And the competition basketball game 2k is the closest thing we have to perfection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 26 DevestatingPoopLauncher23 @ 08/01/15 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
The lighting looks really good, but something about EA Sports games always looks off to me. I'm not really sure what it is though.
Yet can't support your reason why it "looks off." To me this looks really good. Lighting, texture, color, face, background, everything looks really good. This game graphically keeps improving, I really feel now they have a foundation & in a few years it can be on 2k level. Post game needs to be addressed, not a lot of post moves.

# 27 Shinyhubcaps @ 08/01/15 11:53 PM
Crowd looks good, but that looks nothing like Noel.

For those saying that Live looks "off," I think it has to do with color matching. Live has historically used more muted colors, which looked great in the old days whereas 2K looked "too cartoony" (per consensus on the boards). Now we're in HD though, using truer colors like 2K begins to look more accurate, whereas the impact of using washed-out colors is diminished.

Just my $0.02.

# 28 iLLWiLL @ 08/02/15 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTWOKAL
I would have to disagree, for the most part I would say things "not looking right" is very unique to live as the competition has pretty much perfected everything other than a few faces which I'm sure will be fixed this year. Live is only nit picked because of the the wired animations and how the players in game move. And the competition basketball game 2k is the closest thing we have to perfection.

Does the anatomy of these current player models look perfect to you?
Spoiler

Are we not seeing the same things?

# 29 MUTWOKAL @ 08/02/15 04:09 AM
Quote:
Does the anatomy of these current player models look perfect to you?
Spoiler

Are we not seeing the same things?

Well that's a glitch not how players anatomy are normally so ....

# 30 chisportsfan23 @ 08/02/15 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

EA Sports has released another NBA Live 16 screenshot. This one features Nerlens Noel in the new Philadelphia 76ers uniform.
I know this screenshot has gotten more criticism than the others, but I've gotta say I think it looks like a solid A- the only fault I can find is the excessive creases to the forehead, but all in all it's terrific. 1. It looks to be a slightly improved version of last year's Noel model. 2. Hair and beard for Noel is on point, accurate to what he looks like as of this past month (summer league appearance on bench) 3. Build is on point, and was so in Live 15.

Here is the best photo of Nerlens I've found to compare it to:

Attachment 103506

# 31 iLLWiLL @ 08/02/15 05:04 AM
Quote:

But that's not just a glitch bro, I can fire up 2K15 right now and find that in just about any paused replay, or even just in screenshots found online. To actually think 2K's graphics -- as they are now -- are as near perfection as possible, it's hard to take that seriously...

# 32 iLLWiLL @ 08/02/15 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chisportsfan23
I know this screenshot has gotten more criticism than the others, but I've gotta say I think it looks like a solid A- the only fault I can find is the excessive creases to the forehead, but all in all it's terrific. 1. It looks to be a slightly improved version of last year's Noel model. 2. Hair and beard for Noel is on point, accurate to what he looks like as of this past month (summer league appearance on bench) 3. Build is on point, and was so in Live 15.

Here is the best photo of Nerlens I've found to compare it to:

Attachment 103506

Agreed. And I agree with most in this thread -- overall it is a good likeness of Noel, the lighting and detail is great. Problems being he looks older, and meatier in the face. And as someone said, the colors (the red & blue in the jersey) are washed out ...

# 33 The 24th Letter @ 08/02/15 09:25 AM
Quote:

Kind've like in Live when players shoulder muscles expand abnormally at the free throw line

But hey.....

# 34 hesko @ 08/02/15 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
If they're scanning people with cameras, how can you say he looks older than he should? That just doesn't make much sense.
not trolling or hating, but from both companies. if they're scanning with cameras, how can things still be off? if this is the case, whats the point in scanning? what's the point in mo-capping if it doesn't animate smoothly? j/s
i say this because i want to see EA get back to their "it's in the game" slogan.
real mf'n talk.

# 35 Ownal0t @ 08/02/15 11:10 AM
Granted I don't watch the 76ers, but when I first saw the screen shot, I was like wtf? Why does he look old.

Then i see his actual picture and is like, OK I see it now, but his cheeks are too big but he still looks old

# 36 Gilley @ 08/02/15 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevestatingPoopLauncher23
Yet can't support your reason why it "looks off." To me this looks really good. Lighting, texture, color, face, background, everything looks really good. This game graphically keeps improving, I really feel now they have a foundation & in a few years it can be on 2k level. Post game needs to be addressed, not a lot of post moves.
I can't support the reasoning because I seriously can't put my finger on what it is. I'm definitely not just saying it to bash Live because I really do want to see it succeed.

# 37 iLLWiLL @ 08/02/15 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Kind've like in Live when players shoulder muscles expand abnormally at the free throw line

But hey.....

I thought you didn't like to compare Live to 2k and vice versa? Looks like you are or have always been. (Which I never seemed to understand why there was such a fuss or sensitivity in comparing.) Do we need to go back to the topic with Conley/Isaiah screenshot, comparing Isaiah's shoulders to David West's in that 2k screen? Dude, West's arms/shoulders are jaaaaacked up! No one said Live's graphics were perfect, either. But they are vastly further along than 2K's right now. Differing artistic styles aside, if you think 2k's dated graphics are still better/more realistic than Live's right now, then you are less capable of being objective than you believe. Or perhaps you should get Lasik, like I did

# 38 youvalss @ 08/02/15 05:42 PM
Well, that was a fun thread. Now it's time to be...

# 39 The 24th Letter @ 08/02/15 06:09 PM
Quote:
I thought you didn't like to compare Live to 2k and vice versa? Looks like you are or have always been. (Which I never seemed to understand why there was such a fuss or sensitivity in comparing.) Do we need to go back to the topic with Conley/Isaiah screenshot, comparing Isaiah's shoulders to David West's in that 2k screen? Dude, West's arms/shoulders are jaaaaacked up! No one said Live's graphics were perfect, either. But they are vastly further along than 2K's right now. Differing artistic styles aside, if you think 2k's dated graphics are still better/more realistic than Live's right now, then you are less capable of being objective than you believe. Or perhaps you should get Lasik, like I did

No, no need to post that picture for the 20th time to excuse every flaw some one points out in a Live screenshot . By the way, my post was about Live, which is the forum we're in. I'm just pointing out that glitches happen (yes, even in Live!) I'll just post this and leave it alone, because no, I don't like making excuses for one game by comparing another:

Spoiler

I could post some of the many times arms look like they're going out of socket or the aforementioned free throw glitch and try to frame that as how Live models look all the time....but that would be silly....and pointless.

As far as objectivity....I'm not in a thread about a mode talking about how the game looks last gen from some second long snippets., or coming at everyone who doesn't praise a screenshot as a work of art in another thread because I'm a fan of that game. I praise and criticize both games...and will continue to do so.

# 40 The 24th Letter @ 08/02/15 06:44 PM
BTW this is Live 15 Nerlens (sorry for the quality) he looks good to me!

I really just think it's the expression he's making throwing him off for folks....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.