Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

EA Sports and the NBA Live 16 team have just announced LIVE Pro-Am, featuring 2 all-new online modes called LIVE Run and Summer Circuit. Players will be able to try out these 2 modes on September 15 for free, along with Tip Off mode featuring six teams.

Read about the modes here:The new companion mobile app featuring GameFaceHD will be available on September 8, so you can scan your face and have it ready when the game arrives.

We will have an interview posted shortly with NBA Live 16 Executive Producer, Sean O'Brien.

Check out the trailer and read the full press release below.

RISE TOGETHER IN NBA LIVE 16 PRO-AM

New LIVE Run and Summer Circuit Online Modes Available for Free on Sept 15

Today Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) announced NBA LIVE 16 is bringing basketball fans new ways to compete online with the introduction of LIVE Pro-Am. LIVE Pro-Am features two all-new fun and exciting online modes, LIVE Run and Summer Circuit. First off is LIVE Run, giving players a smooth and stable online pick-up game with up to nine friends on storied courts like Rucker Park, Venice Beach, Jordan Terminal 23 and more. Joining LIVE Run is the brand new Summer Circuit, an online co-op mode where players will travel across North America squaring off against NBA superstars on a journey to dominate the court. LIVE Pro-Am will be available to try for free starting September 15 via download on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.

At the heart of LIVE Pro-Am is you. Use your created player across LIVE Run, Summer Circuit and the Rising Star career mode. Playing games in any of these modes will earn you SP (Skill Points) to upgrade your skills using our new progression system and RP (Reward Points) to purchase authentic gear in the LIVE Spot store. Customize your player from head to toe with the latest kicks and gear from leading apparel brands including Jordan, or get some ink from world-renowned tattooist Randy Harris. NBA LIVE 16 also introduces a new companion mobile app featuring GameFaceHD, the exclusive mobile scanning tech which can be used to quickly and easily scan your face and upload it into the game. GameFaceHD will be available for free download on mobile devices starting September 8, and all scanned faces can be used when LIVE Pro-Am launches for free on September 15. Your created character’s progression and reward unlocks will be carried over into the full game when NBA LIVE 16 launches on September 29.

Alongside LIVE Pro-Am, starting September 15 fans can check out exhibition-style play in Tip Off mode with six NBA teams, and the Learn LIVE tutorials, consisting of drills to familiarize yourself with the game and basketball fundamentals. All this together in a free package will give basketball fans an opportunity to run with their friends and get a head start on the new season in advance of the launch of NBA LIVE 16.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 WTF @ 08/13/15 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
I just can't get myself hype yet. I'm interested (bought both 14 and 15 and saw the progress) I'm just tired of getting burned by both games so i'm taking a guarded approach. As much as I love ball I'm probably gonna wait until after a few days or weeks.
Why don't you try it day 1? It's free. They're confident enough to give a free demo of full modes. Try it out. No need to wait. If you enjoy it, awesome. If not, the only thing you're out is the bandwidth it took to download it.

# 102 j3nkins29 @ 08/13/15 04:07 PM
I am definitely looking forward to checking this out. Live definitely has me intrigued this year. I am glad they have gotten it together and look to be able to compete with 2k this year.

# 103 mrprice33 @ 08/13/15 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
I want to be hyped but I just wish the 5v5 was a full game setting not up to 21 with no fouls.
The idea is that playing to 21 makes the games go a lot faster. We were able to get in 5 or 6 per hour, which was nice.

# 104 NYCDaFuture @ 08/13/15 04:12 PM
Trailer looked good I cant lie... Hopefully they step their gameplay up alot.. Im all for the Competition 🔥🔥

# 105 k1lo5 @ 08/13/15 04:16 PM
Def hyped for this game now! Seems that player styles,height and weight will matter which i like! Come on 15th sep! See u on court!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

# 106 Chemthethriller @ 08/13/15 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
The idea is that playing to 21 makes the games go a lot faster. We were able to get in 5 or 6 per hour, which was nice.
I could probably play 30 games an hour up to 3, but that's not the point. The rec is pretty popular in the other game because it attempts to simulate an NBA game.

I guess Im the minority in the idea that the longer the game is the more you invest and want to win. If I play a 10 minute game I might tend to not really care at some points because it's going to be over quickly.

Also up to 21? I assume it's 1s and 2s then for scoring? Which puts more emphasis on 3pt shooting than 2s and 3s.

Lets say my team shoots 10/10as a in 1s and 2s and we have 10 points, the other team goes 6/10 shooting only 2s and it's 12-10 score.

2s and 3s it's 20 to 18 in favor of my team.

# 107 stillfeelme @ 08/13/15 05:20 PM
Quote:
I could probably play 30 games an hour up to 3, but that's not the point. The rec is pretty popular in the other game because it attempts to simulate an NBA game.

I guess Im the minority in the idea that the longer the game is the more you invest and want to win. If I play a 10 minute game I might tend to not really care at some points because it's going to be over quickly.

Also up to 21? I assume it's 1s and 2s then for scoring? Which puts more emphasis on 3pt shooting than 2s and 3s.

Lets say my team shoots 10/10as a in 1s and 2s and we have 10 points, the other team goes 6/10 shooting only 2s and it's 12-10 score.

Yeah I agree with you it seems like a park mode too fast and no rules.

They made it fast most likely so that you get your game in then XP fast. I actually think they should have gone full crew with NBA rules.

# 108 TalentedJB @ 08/13/15 05:34 PM
Bro! Those real-life courts look legit. I'm from NYC and they got the Brooklyn Bridge Stadium Park, Rucker, and Terminal 23! That's Dope!

And haha, EA taking shots with the whole online connectivity lol, they know 2k fans are exhausted by the servers and lack of match-making.

# 109 GudStuffzz @ 08/13/15 06:10 PM
This may finally be the year where I purchase both games.

# 110 ruLEX$$ @ 08/13/15 06:16 PM
Durant's shot was on point 100

# 111 Pappy Knuckles @ 08/13/15 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob. D
Pap I need you on the hardwood man you know its gone be filled with new NBA Live players!!
Believe me, if it's on point I'll definitely grab it. I enjoyed playing you in Live 15 despite some of its issues. I already have the other game pre-ordered. I'm skeptical of Live this year, but I'll give it a fair shake

# 112 TalenT @ 08/13/15 06:40 PM
Looks BOSS! The foot planting is marvelous! I'm impressed. The only thing I hate is the way the dunk the ball like they're holding a ping pong ball. Other than that...

# 113 mrprice33 @ 08/13/15 06:50 PM
Quote:

It's 2s and 3s, and quicker games means faster matchmaking and more opportunities to get in games. It might not be for you (I'm not a big online player so I may not play it much), but more opportunities to get in games is better.

# 114 mrprice33 @ 08/13/15 07:01 PM
There are a couple of different questions there.

Team work is absolutely essential to success in Pro-Am. When we played as a team and played to our roles it was more fun and we were a lot more successful. I was running as a pass-first guard and running PnRs, setting up shooters and cutters, finding post guys. It was very rewarding.

I can't really answer the situational passing question. When I play, I run spread PnR with drive and kick as well, and I was able to run an efficient offense. That's as far as I can go right now.

# 115 StormsWarning @ 08/13/15 07:23 PM
Sounds Amazing, It Looks Amazing! Live is going to shock people yo, and whether those who don't like it, guess what...

Live is back! That Video gave me that oldschool vibe, of how live intro's used to be back in the 90's, it aint about to get real it is Real! Lets Go!

#Live16

Sign Me Up Coach.

# 116 DW3 @ 08/13/15 07:27 PM
im officially hyped for this release.

# 117 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/13/15 07:29 PM
Quote:

Team work is absolutely essential to success in Pro-Am. When we played as a team and played to our roles it was more fun and we were a lot more successful. I was running as a pass-first guard and running PnRs, setting up shooters and cutters, finding post guys. It was very rewarding.

I can't really answer the situational passing question. When I play, I run spread PnR with drive and kick as well, and I was able to run an efficient offense. That's as far as I can go right now.
Playstyle a made it more fun ? That nice to hear not everyone is basically a 7 foot shooting and dribbling Machine

# 118 LeBron_On_Mars @ 08/13/15 08:01 PM
Quote:

Just one simple question for you MrPrice. Will the new shot meter be present in the Pro-AM modes?!

# 119 mrprice33 @ 08/13/15 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBron_On_Mars
Just one simple question for you MrPrice. Will the new shot meter be present in the Pro-AM modes?!
Yes. I can't wait to talk more about the shot meter. <3

# 120 Ward13 @ 08/13/15 08:24 PM
Looks like I'll be dropping a hot $60 on Live this year, add me if you guys need a running mate PSN: January_Smoke

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.